I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And as for Waluigi. The controversy of the death threats on Twitter aside, Waluigi no doubt got the biggest reaction amongst the initial wave of deconfirmations. News media reported about it, memed to hell and back, etc. When one character is shouted out loud at Nintendo enough and people like Reggie even answer questions and/or comments about it not long after. It should at least be in the back of our minds. Again, still a hurdle. But if we should get an assist promoted within the same game and not be an echo, Waluigi's pretty much first in line.
Again with this. :facepalm:

It was just two kids on Twitter threatening Sakurai with 9/11 references.

Here's an analogy to making Tails a pseudo-clone of Sonic by giving him only Sonic's special moves and final smash:

If I made moveset mods for both Goku and Vegeta, but I made Vegeta a pseudo-clone of Goku by only giving him a similar neutral special (Galick Gun would be cloned from Kamehameha) and Side Special (Ki Blasts for both of them), but the rest of Vegeta's moveset would be unique. It would make sense because Vegeta's Galick Gun is based on Goku's Kamehameha.

Same thing would go with making Tails a pseudo-clone of Sonic, Tails still has some moves cloned from Sonic.

Oh man I'm so happy to see that Tails still has alot of fans struggling for him, even after such hard times (spirit, mii costume, eesh!)
The second most iconic videogame sidekick is definetly a must have for Smash.

I have a question for you guys, since apparantly it's been quite an issue for third party series to get a second non-echo rep, do you think maybe Tails could be represented by his spinoff solo games, like Tails Adventures or Tails Skypatrol, leading him to have his own icon (kind of like Yoshi)? I'm guessing probably not tho.

I have a question for you guys, since apparantly it's been quite an issue for third party series to get a second non-echo rep, do you think maybe Tails could be represented by his spinoff solo games, like Tails Adventures or Tails Skypatrol, leading him to have his own icon (kind of like Yoshi)? I'm guessing probably not tho.

Not for a whole moveset and definitely not for a new series category with the addition of his own series icon. It's two incredibly niche spinoff titles compared to how many Sonic games he's been in?

As far as moveset there's also nothing to really pull from in regards to Skypatrol.

Oh man I'm so happy to see that Tails still has alot of fans struggling for him, even after such hard times (spirit, mii costume, eesh!)
The second most iconic videogame sidekick is definetly a must have for Smash.
Although spirits and mii costumes don't deconfirm, there will unfortunately still be a dozen more chances for Tails to not be promoted to playable.

I think 3rd party franchises are allowed to have non-echo non primary reps. And I think Tails would still be classified under the Sonic series.

Now I just created a new theory that assist trophy replacements may be introduced. Here are some green flags.

1, Sans is a mii costume, and Waluigi and Papyrus have similar proportions, thus if Waluigi gets released as a DLC fighter, papyrus will replace and mimic the Waluigi assist trophy when Waluigi is in battle.

2. Emerl isn't a spirit, but he wouldn't make a great playable character. And Knuckles being an assist trophy could mean that Tails will be a DLC fighter. So Tails's DLC spirit board might feature Emerl as a spirit. Just like Papyrus, Emerl and Bomberman similar proportions. Likewiswe, if Bomberman gets released as a DLC Emerl will replace and mimic Bomberman's assist trophy when Bomberman is in battle.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Hero
Although spirits and mii costumes don't deconfirm, there will unfortunately still be a dozen more chances for Tails to not be promoted to playable.

I think 3rd party franchises are allowed to have non-echo non primary reps. And I think Tails would still be classified under the Sonic series.

Now I just created a new theory that assist trophy replacements may be introduced. Here are some green flags.

1, Sans is a mii costume, and Waluigi and Papyrus have similar proportions, thus if Waluigi gets released as a DLC fighter, papyrus will replace and mimic the Waluigi assist trophy when Waluigi is in battle.

2. Emerl isn't a spirit, but he wouldn't make a great playable character. And Knuckles being an assist trophy could mean that Tails will be a DLC fighter. So Tails's DLC spirit board might feature Emerl as a spirit. Just like Papyrus, Emerl and Bomberman similar proportions. Likewiswe, if Bomberman gets released as a DLC Emerl will replace and mimic Bomberman's assist trophy when Bomberman is in battle.
you really like stretching it dont you

Neither of these things will ever happen. Think critically for once.

3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
I dropped off right after the direct that fully closed off the base roster, thinking spirits deconfirmed. Oh, I hope I was wrong.