I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

I like him as a Sonic semi-clone so he plays similarly to the 2D games (he should definitely be able to spin dash, for instance)
Out of all the games Tails is playable in he can Spin-Dash in like 12 of them off the top of my head if we include spin-offs. He only lacks it in like 3 games if we discount mobile games where nobody can do it.

There's absolutely no reason Tails shouldn't have the Spin-Dash. He literally does it the most out of anybody not named Sonic.

NNID
DKC_Fan
Out of all the games Tails is playable in he can Spin-Dash in like 12 of them off the top of my head if we include spin-offs. He only lacks it in like 3 games if we discount mobile games where nobody can do it.

There's absolutely no reason Tails shouldn't have the Spin-Dash. He literally does it the most out of anybody not named Sonic.
Yeah, that's what I said. You're agreeing with me. :p

NNID
DKC_Fan
That's so silly. That's like saying jumping is associated more with Wario than with Luigi.

Honestly, perfect Sonic representation is Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman/Robotnik (who knows if we'll ever get there), and the first three should all definitely spin dash.

NNID
DKC_Fan
I like Amy and she'd probably have a cool playstyle, but five characters feels like way too many for one third-party franchise. I'm already pushing it with four. Maybe just Sanic, Tails, and Knux are playable and Eggman is a boss.

3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
NNID
punchtropics
Been thinking a lot of Tails as a possible playable character.
Ideally I would love Metal Sonic in Smash, but because he’s the 5th Sonic character to be introduced (1.Sonic, 2.Eggman, 3.Tails, 4.Amy, 5.MetalSonic) and the fact that he’s not the main villain, I’m going to keep it real.
Tails deserves it more.

Ideally, I think using Sonic the Fighters for his very basic (grounded neutral) attacks, as well as some of Sonic battle’s for aerials and specials.

But mostly keep him a semi-clone of Sonic.
Mainly Spindash, then maybe 2 throws, 2 tilts, 2 aerials, and the rest being ones from the fighting games, Adventure and advance games.

I think... not to sound entitled, but Sakurai owes a little more to Sonic than the barebones moveset he was given. So to make Tails a sort of “more interesting to play” Sonic, would be pretty cool actually, and very welcome too.

I can see Tails not only being a hit and run character, but also a trap-Master.

I can’t think of a fitting final smash other than:

Classic style: Tails jumps on his Tornado biplane, and grabs opponent with the latch on the rear. Performs an aerial loop and detatches the opponent, slamming him/her on the ground.

Dreamcast style: Tails jumps in his mech, and performs that Emerald beam he does when his bar fills in SA2.

Modern style: Tails gathers at least 5 different Wisps to perform a devastating combo on his opponent.
1) Laser (damage racking)
2) Spikes (more damage racking)
3) Drill (drills opponent on the ground)
4) Rocket (carries opponent way up high)
5) Cube (comes down crashing with the opponent below him).

NNID
DKC_Fan
I think his Final Smash should be Super Tails. He can summon his army of Flickies to attack the competition!

Not to derail the topic, but speaking of making Sonic more interesting, I have some suggestions. Make his side special the Super Peel-out from Sonic CD, turn the Spin Dash into the Drop Dash if you use it in the air, and make his neutral air the insta-shield. (Of course, that would require recalibration across the board, but that's not fun to talk about.)

3DSNinja

Smash Ace
SSF2 tails is a good base. Hell, he's one of my favorite characters to play in that game, even if he was OP as hell last patch

fogbadge

Smash Hero
have we talked much about what stage he should come with in a theoretical fighter's pack? something from one of his own games or a level thats exclusive to him in others or just another famous sonic location?

fogbadge

Smash Hero
part of me kind of wants to see prison lane as a stage for tails or maybe chemical plant as it seems to be the go to level for tails' debut game

SonicMario

Smash Master
Possible Sonic movie spoilers for those who care (I don't want to see it in theaters so personally I don't care really)

Tails looks like he's making a cameo. And he doesn't look too bad. Though I wonder if this was tacked on during the delay or Tails had an ugly design too beforehand.

Tails isn't making it into Smash Ultimate. But at least this would mean he's still making constant appearances in things that usually focus on only Sonic and Eggman. It'll help keep him relevant still for when he does have another shot at a Smash game should Sonic ever get the representation expansion.

EDIT: The video was claimed and taken down by Paramount.

Last edited:
NNID
DKC_Fan
Hey now, we don't know Tails isn't making it. He's not very highly requested, but neither was Piranha Plant. And the Sonic series has to get a little more love sooner or later, right?

Anyhoo, I recently learned Studiopolis Zone was originally called Opening Night Zone. I like that name better. What do you guys think?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hey now, we don't know Tails isn't making it. He's not very highly requested, but neither was Piranha Plant. And the Sonic series has to get a little more love sooner or later, right?
Yeah... but there's a difference between a 1st party character that's clearly a bonus joke character and a 3rd party character that hasn't just been spirited, but also revealed as a Mii Costume alongside Joker.

fogbadge

Smash Hero
Yeah... but there's a difference between a 1st party character that's clearly a bonus joke character and a 3rd party character that hasn't just been spirited, but also revealed as a Mii Costume alongside Joker.
well we could argue that the inclusion of the mii costume was decided before the second pass, but you know no way to be sure

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I like Amy and she'd probably have a cool playstyle, but five characters feels like way too many for one third-party franchise. I'm already pushing it with four. Maybe just Sanic, Tails, and Knux are playable and Eggman is a boss.
Premise is that all presented 1st party franchises (with main casts) has got such treatment. If not, Sonic getting it before Kirby or DK would be a heated controversy in the end.

With Olympics exists, it sure shows the possibility for multiple Sonic characters to compete with Mario characters. Maybe let's see if SEGA want to plan a crossover with NIntendo like Marvel vs. Capcom.

NNID
DKC_Fan
All of us 16-bit console wars vets are still waiting on a "proper" Mario/Sonic crossover. I get that the two series are built so differently that a 2D platformer probably wouldn't work, but I'll take anything over a mini-game collection. Even something completely out of left field like Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.