• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

SonicMario

Smash Master
TailsFoxie TailsFoxie

Are you sure what GameExplain said was really a joke? From what a friend told me of watching the video. The only had a bit of small laughter after they talked about Shadow's popularity with one of them saying "Really? Even more then Tails?". I didn't watch it so maybe they said that sarcastically. But to be honest it's not really a joke, depending on your point of view. There are ways you could see Tails or Shadow more popular then the other. Perhaps in the general Sonic fanbase Shadow is more popular since he has much louder fans that are more on the diehard side. But Tails also has his fans outside of the Sonic fandom that are more familiar with the Classic sonic games. Non-gamers would know Tails more then Shadow to be honest. So there's different ways to look at Tails and Shadow's popularity.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
TailsFoxie TailsFoxie

Are you sure what GameExplain said was really a joke? From what a friend told me of watching the video. The only had a bit of small laughter after they talked about Shadow's popularity with one of them saying "Really? Even more then Tails?". I didn't watch it so maybe they said that sarcastically. But to be honest it's not really a joke, depending on your point of view. There are ways you could see Tails or Shadow more popular then the other. Perhaps in the general Sonic fanbase Shadow is more popular since he has much louder fans that are more on the diehard side. But Tails also has his fans outside of the Sonic fandom that are more familiar with the Classic sonic games. Non-gamers would know Tails more then Shadow to be honest. So there's different ways to look at Tails and Shadow's popularity.
I've been saying this Exact thing for Months
But it is REALLY hard to get along with Shadow
Fans ^^;; I Tried XD lol.

SonicMario

Smash Master
While we can hope that it won't be necessary.

I have a potential name for our DLC campaign or at the very least, the name of the twitter handle I might use for the campaign. How does "There Is Another Star Fox" sound? (A bit of a play on words on of course Fox. Only the Star refers to just being a famous videogame star rather then in space, albeit Tails has certainly been to space before)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
While we can hope that it won't be necessary.

I have a potential name for our DLC campaign or at the very least, the name of the twitter handle I might use for the campaign. How does "There Is Another Star Fox" sound? (A bit of a play on words on of course Fox. Only the Star refers to just being a famous videogame star rather then in space, albeit Tails has certainly been to space before)
Um... you might as well be campaigning for Krystal with a campaign title like that. (Not that I would mind...)

Heck, do you remember a gaming company called Titus? Yes, their mascot was a fox, and yes, they did make a few games featuring him directly.

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind, they've "joked" during E3 predictions about Daisy getting in. So even if they really meant to make fun of Tails, it might even end up being a unintentional/secret hint for all we know.
I didn't really see them making fun of the character, it just seemed kind of neutral to me. Though I swear these guys have been ripping off my opinions in regards to their videos lol. I remember I said they should bring the Final Fantasy games over to switch a few weeks before they did, that ended up being true. They brought up the Elecman trophy thing in their video today and I swear I and maybe 1 or 2 other people brought that up like 3 months ago and it seems real awkward that they've known about that missing assist trophy and just went back on their opinion now. Lmao. On the real though, I feel like GameExplain has knowledge of things that they shouldn't including if that leak is real or not.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Um... you might as well be campaigning for Krystal with a campaign title like that. (Not that I would mind...)

Heck, do you remember a gaming company called Titus? Yes, their mascot was a fox, and yes, they did make a few games featuring him directly.
Hm, I guess you're right. Would be a good idea to make sure the title is more clear it's about our two-tailed fox. Back to the drawing board for that I guess.

Of course I had an idea in the scenario that Shadow missed the base game. "Prowling in the Shadows" to apply to both but it looks like Shadow's fate may be revealed already on Thursday. There's even fears of him being an AT again after all. If that happened... I would feel very bad for the nicer Shadow fans I've seen on Smashboards. I won't lie of course it would help us ALOT if Shadow was suddenly out of the running completely, because Tails would have literally no competition. But I would hope both get their chance so there's no bitterness on one side.

But back to the campaign's title, probably best to have it reference his iconic status (Maybe name it "Sonic's Luigi"?) or his distinct two tails that make him recognizable

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Don't count things out just yet you guys. Vergben just said that Isaac is an assist trophy and thus the Grinch Leak is fake. We've still got hope that Tails could come out of nowhere here!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Don't count things out just yet you guys. Vergben just said that Isaac is an assist trophy and thus the Grinch Leak is fake. We've still got hope that Tails could come out of nowhere here!
I don't know if I believe him on that front. Isaac still being an assist conflicts with others information, not to mention that item from the Wendy's tailgate tour. It may be Vergeben deciding to bull**** people before the end of base game speculation heh.

There's so much conflicting information out there. I'm not sure what to believe any more.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I don't know if I believe him on that front. Isaac still being an assist conflicts with others information, not to mention that item from the Wendy's tailgate tour. It may be Vergeben deciding to bull**** people before the end of base game speculation heh.

There's so much conflicting information out there. I'm not sure what to believe any more.
If I was in Verg's shoes I wouldn't lie literally 36 hours before the direct. People are gonna REALLY remember that and it would honestly make him look more like a fool than a troll. Like he's really not getting much out of it for saying it if it's false, and the downsides to lying like that are really gonna cost him dearly. I don't think he'd take that risk.

SonicMario

Smash Master
If I was in Verg's shoes I wouldn't lie literally 36 hours before the direct. People are gonna REALLY remember that and it would honestly make him look more like a fool than a troll. Like he's really not getting much out of it for saying it if it's false, and the downsides to lying like that are really gonna cost him dearly. I don't think he'd take that risk.
Yeah I can still keep it in mind. But man, will I feel bad for Isaac fans if it's true. Oh boy.

Shadow's also being suggested to return as an AT again in other places. Like I said before, while that IMMENSELY helps us if true even if we still have to wait for DLC. There's going to be a large part of the Sonic fandom very, very disappointed.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yeah I can still keep it in mind. But man, will I feel bad for Isaac fans if it's true. Oh boy.

Shadow's also being suggested to return as an AT again in other places. Like I said before, while that IMMENSELY helps us if true even if we still have to wait for DLC. There's going to be a large part of the Sonic fandom very, very disappointed.
Sucks for them. Our character has gone unrecognized and stepped on. I see it as justice being served. The more the Grinch Leak is proven fake, the more hype I get for this direct.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
I got to be honest, that just sounds......crazy. For one that would mean he'd have to be aware of the presentation and two, I really just don't feel Nintendo and Sakurai would be that out of the loop to bring back Issac just to be an assist trophy. The guy could just be trying to spice things up, it sounds wild. Then again...this is Nintendo, so anything is possible.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sucks for them. Our character has gone unrecognized and stepped on. I see it as justice being served. The more the Grinch Leak is proven fake, the more hype I get for this direct.
That's... rather harsh. Shadow fans have been pretty fair I feel for the most part on this forum. Probably not everywhere, Snitch Studio can attest to that. But we shouldn't poopoo on them, especially since it's not certain yet Shadow isn't playable and very well still has a shot.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Apparently that Emily Rogers chick is saying there is multiple characters missing from that banner leak, which she's claiming false? I don't want to freak out, but I hope my blow out theory, where we get an unexpected number of characters happens. This is getting spooky guys, this is one hell of a ride.

SonicMario

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hm, a shock 3rd party? I kinda doubt it's our two-tailed fox. I'm willing to say it could be Sora... or even Dante. Two characters that have been slightly on the fringe of possibility but mostly dismissed for one reason or another.

But man, if this is true. There is at least 11 3rd party characters in the base game if you include the two echoes of Richter and most likely Ken. This is crazy. This would blow people's minds just 4 years ago.

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice

Hm, a shock 3rd party? I kinda doubt it's our two-tailed fox. I'm willing to say it could be Sora... or even Dante. Two characters that have been slightly on the fringe of possibility but mostly dismissed for one reason or another.

But man, if this is true. There is at least 11 3rd party characters in the base game if you include the two echoes of Richter and most likely Ken. This is crazy. This would blow people's minds just 4 years ago.
Even if Shadow makes it over Tails, I'm just glad to know that the game might not be spoiled. Maybe the shocking third party could be Bubsy Lmaooo? Or more realistically ones that people gave up on like Crash or Dante.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm willing to bet the shocking 3rd party is Dante. I wouldn't even be mad with that personally.

Tails being the shocking 3rd party rep.... I don't know. I mean I guess he's not really expected but it's hard to tell what the word "shocking" means. Like if it's a character people wanted or something that nobody expected.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice

that tweet got deleted...? what was it?

also hi, I've kind of gone dark on this forum for a while cause really I haven't had much to say. now with the leak and the direct coming up, i feel like now is a good time to share my thoughts.

I have no qualms with the Shadow fans, yes they may be a little... overzealous, but in the end, they have no say over who is more deserving, and neither do we. the only person that can decide that would be Sakurai himself. and ultimately (pun indended) I will agree with that decision, whether I like it or not.

as for the Grinch leak, i am about 60/40 on believing it to be true. a lot of the discussions surrounding it are kind of split down the middle on if it is true or not, and typically leaks like that i am more prone to believe until proven false by an actual reveal. plus... it's disappointing (for me) enough to be true. I've never really had that euphoric feeling of excitement for a character I wholeheartedly wanted in any smash game. and I have been expecting it to stay that way for Ultimate. none of the characters in the leak i have any real attachment to, and while i'd be happy for their fans, I'd mostly be pretty "meh" about their inclusions. as much as i want it to be fake for the sole purpose of it not having any characters I truly want, as selfish as that may be, I am expecting disappointment.

the Direct has me a bit excited, however, considering the stages from the previous 2 weeks (Green Greens and Green Hill Zone) are both stages that relate to Tails in some form, (Green Greens was the stage revealed on tails' anniversary, which also happens to be the stage used for the melee hoax. Green Hill is self explanatory.) I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but I do still have hope for Tails, especially if it means he'd debunk the Leak.

I'll see you all after the direct. smash speculation, while fun at times, gets too dreary for me.

Last edited:

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
that tweet got deleted...? what was it?

also hi, I've kind of gone dark on this forum for a while cause really I haven't had much to say. now with the leak and the direct coming up, i feel like now is a good time to share my thoughts.

I have no qualms with the Shadow fans, yes they may be a little... overzealous, but in the end, they have no say over who is more deserving, and neither do we. the only person that can decide that would be Sakurai himself. and ultimately (pun indended) I will agree with that decision, whether I like it or not.

as for the Grinch leak, i am about 60/40 on believing it to be true. a lot of the discussions surrounding it are kind of split down the middle on if it is true or not, and typically leaks like that i am more prone to believe until proven false by an actual reveal. plus... it's disappointing (for me) enough to be true. I've never really had that euphoric feeling of excitement for a character I wholeheartedly wanted in any smash game. and I have been expecting it to stay that way for Ultimate. none of the characters in the leak i have any real attachment to, and while i'd be happy for their fans, I'd mostly be pretty "meh" about their inclusions. as much as i want it to be fake for the sole purpose of it not having any characters I truly want, as selfish as that may be, I am expecting disappointment.

the Direct has me a bit excited, however, considering the stages from the previous 2 weeks (Green Greens and Green Hill Zone) are both stages that relate to Tails in some form, (Green Greens was the stage revealed on tails' anniversary, which also happens to be the stage used for the melee hoax. Green Hill is self explanatory.) I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but I do still have hope for Tails, especially if it means he'd debunk the Leak.

I'll see you all after the direct. smash speculation, while fun at times, gets too dreary for me.
Holy crap, I didn't realize that about Green Greens! o_O
Way to raise my hopes up, dude... I don't think my heart can take this roller coaster of a hype cycle anymore ^^;

Well, anyway, Happy Halloween, fellas! Hopefully the Smash Direct brings us all treats and no tricks! ^_^

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
I don't really believe the leak. I'm a see it or its fake type of person. However lots of people who do believe the leak are now saying some are assist trophy's?
Of the characters i want in smash Tails is probably the most likely. I wanted decidueye but no pokemon rep this whole time made me think maybe we have none at all. As for saki most people don't know who he even is let alone think he is worthy of being playable.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't really believe the leak. I'm a see it or its fake type of person. However lots of people who do believe the leak are now saying some are assist trophy's?
Of the characters i want in smash Tails is probably the most likely. I wanted decidueye but no pokemon rep this whole time made me think maybe we have none at all. As for saki most people don't know who he even is let alone think he is worthy of being playable.
Well, sources are claiming that both Isaac and Shadow are Assist Trophies.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
wait, issac too? thats a shame if true. my brother really wanted him in. Even though i played his games I'm not as much into him being in as others seem to be.

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
If Shadow is an assist, Tails has to be a lock. I mean, 2 Sonic assists and no new fighter? That'd be an insult, frankly.
But let's not wish too hard for that; The Shadow fans would be saltier than the Waluigi fans, I imagine. Better we manage to get both, even if DLC is involved.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If Shadow is an assist, Tails has to be a lock. I mean, 2 Sonic assists and no new fighter? That'd be an insult, frankly.
But let's not wish too hard for that; The Shadow fans would be saltier than the Waluigi fans, I imagine. Better we manage to get both, even if DLC is involved.
Even then, some people are saying Tails has no chance because he's in the background of a stage.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Even then, some people are saying Tails has no chance because he's in the background of a stage.
Which is silly because as we've stated multiple times. It's an old stage, and Tails is there because that's how it was for the original stage back in Brawl. It's only damning if it was a brand new stage.

Still, I feel like even if Shadow does miss the base game whether he's an AT again or just not there at all. There's a chance Tails might not be in yet after all, and we still have to wait for DLC. But in that scenario he should be THE most expected thing if the Sonic series gets DLC in Ultimate. And if Shadow is missing from both base game and not an Assist Trophy. Shadow could very well be packaged with Tails later.

Sonic being alone in the base game once more despite the signs seeming to be there would sting no doubt, but it'd certainly lend itself well for DLC. I guarantee you.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Like SonicMario said GameExplain joked about Daisy not making it in and they jokes about Tails just the other day almost like they knew something..."Oh wow, Shadow' s that popular...even more than Tails?" Its been general consensus for a hot minute that Shadow is more popular based on one popularity poll. Why would that be strange to them at this point?

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
Yes. This is the final direct, and Sakurai said that everyone will be revealed pre-release.
I wouldn't go that far, he may save one big reveal for right before the game comes out, separate from any direct. It's definitely not outside the realm of possibility.

..Although with all the leaks, maybe it's for the best they get the whole roster out tomorrow to preserve what surprise they have left..

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I think we’ll know for sure tomorrow whether or not it’s the final base roster. If there is no closure to the number of characters added and it ends the same way the August direct did, then we can still expect more.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I wouldn't go that far, he may save one big reveal for right before the game comes out, separate from any direct. It's definitely not outside the realm of possibility.

..Although with all the leaks, maybe it's for the best they get the whole roster out tomorrow to preserve what surprise they have left..
If we get something close to release. (There's rumors of a character announced at The Game Awards which is just a day or two before the release of Ultimate.) It's probably another or the first DLC character. I think whatever is announced tomorrow is all that's left for the base game.

If there were one more character for the base game anyway, it'd be spoiled by a leak by someone with a review copy or something.

Last edited:

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
I could NOT agree with you more!
Tails Deserves it more!

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
I'm willing to bet the shocking 3rd party is Dante. I wouldn't even be mad with that personally.

Tails being the shocking 3rd party rep.... I don't know. I mean I guess he's not really expected but it's hard to tell what the word "shocking" means. Like if it's a character people wanted or something that nobody expected.
Dante i think has been leaked before, i'd love to see him too.

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
I could NOT agree with you more!
Tails Deserves it more!
Let's try to be graceful about it, win or lose though. Remember; there could always be another Smash, and if Tails misses the boat this time, we may want the Shadow fans on our side...those we can get on our side.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Let's try to be graceful about it, win or lose though. Remember; there could always be another Smash, and if Tails misses the boat this time, we may want the Shadow fans on our side...those we can get on our side.
I can't imagine another game after this one...
But that's for another day!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Here's a list of scenarios from best case scenarios for us here from best to worst. Rated by rainbow sheep :V

BEST CASE SCENARIO

Tails is announced to be playable in the base game alongside a Shadow echo in a Sonic themed trailer :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

There is no Shadow echo, but Tails is in despite that. :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Shadow is an assist again, regardless if Tails is in the base game or not it looks good for Tails' chances :happysheep:

No Shadow echo, somehow Tails is made an echo despite contradicting what the comments after Isabelle are (Not ideal, but if it's the only way. We'll take it) :halfsheep:

No Shadow Echo nor a Tails reveal. Sonic is alone in the base game. But still offers hope for a Tails + Shadow DLC pack :emptysheep:

A Shadow echo, but no Tails. But still leaves him an option for DLC :emptysheep:

Shadow a semi-clone... But Tails still gets in as an echo somehow. (It's ranked below some of the no playable Tails options because it'd be kind of an insult to see the same body type hedgehog not be an echo but the completely different fox body be an echo) :halfsheep:

Shadow is an echo, and Tails gets a clear non-playable role such as another Sonic assist trophy or anything else that might hint that he can't be DLC :sadsheep::sadsheep::sadsheep:

Shadow is a Semi-Clone :sadsheep::sadsheep::sadsheep::sadsheep::sadsheep:

WORST CASE SCENARIO

Obviously the real best case scenario is both Tails and Shadow's are semi-clones. But that's just not going to happen. I think we'll get somewhere in the middle. Most likely the Shadow echo, but no Tails yet. But still hope for us in DLC. Still we can hope for that top option so that just about every Sonic fan's happy in the end.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ive given up on being graceful

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I really hope the mural leak is fake at this point. I don't even care about that Tails might not make it in.
I just want one last surprise.
(Also, I read your comic recently. It's pretty good. I liked that one bit where you made fun of Dragon Ball Z and their transformations)
Damn. I mean Shadow I'd be okay with being an Assist(It'd gave Tails a better chance), but Isaac?
I'm not a Golden Sun fan, but I can tell you that'd be wrong to completely ignore the demand form, like that.
With the push Isaac got in the Smash Ballot and that new item, Even I can't deny the evidence. I don't believe in the Mural leak, but Isaac at this point is a lock.
It's bad enough Golden Sun hasn't gotten another game in years, so the least Nintendo could do is add Isaac in Smash.
If not, don't make him an Assist. Hell, make him DLC.
I think the Golden Sun fans should get something at this point, since they are so dedicated.

Top Bottom