• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
I do feel like that maybe there's a possibility that instead whoever is the Gen 7 Pokemon. Incineroar being the most named for it anyway. That he might be one of the earliest DLC characters if he's not in base. With how greedy Gamefreak is I could honestly see that as a possibility. Maybe they had dollar signs after Mewtwo's sales and decided to have the Smash team wait until the DLC portion of the game to place in a new character.

Albeit you could argue they may want to instead jump straight to Generation 8 in DLC instead. Though again this is in the situation that this leak is true. Which again I'm not sure about yet.
Something tells me that there's going to be an announcement of DLC packs if this rumor actually turns out to be true.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
But if Tails is DLC and Shadow is Base...then...who comes with Tails? Or at you meaning a new Stage? Or Character? I apologise but I'm confused.
I'm not saying he'll even be a DLC character, ESPECIALLY if this is real. But when I say DLC packs, I guess I more so mean something along the lines of season passes with new characters from different franchises,stages, music, etc. It isn't like season passes are a foreign concept to Nintendo now and it would help the longevity of the game.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
But if Tails is DLC and Shadow is Base...then...who comes with Tails? Or at you meaning a new Stage? Or Character? I apologise but I'm confused.
Likely not happening but Probably Silver since he too was a Background Character!
I always wondered why he's even in Green hill lol.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I do feel like that maybe there's a possibility that instead whoever is the Gen 7 Pokemon. Incineroar being the most named for it anyway. That he might be one of the earliest DLC characters if he's not in base. With how greedy Gamefreak is I could honestly see that as a possibility. Maybe they had dollar signs after Mewtwo's sales and decided to have the Smash team wait until the DLC portion of the game to place in a new character.

Albeit you could argue they may want to instead jump straight to Generation 8 in DLC instead. Though again this is in the situation that this leak is true. Which again I'm not sure about yet.
i think the pokemon company is the greedy one not game freak

SonicMario

Smash Master
Tails doesn't necessarily have to come with somebody. I did pitch the idea here in this thread a while ago that packaging him with an echo Shadow would work well. But even if Shadow is an echo in base, Tails has the merit to be on his own in DLC if need be. Or heck if he must be packaged with someone. Why not with Dixie? Both iconic flying sidekicks.

Hell, imagine a situation where we get an April direct (Much like how we got an April direct that revealed Lucas as DLC in Smash 4) that mentions Team Sonic Racing now that it's been delayed til' May or the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 port (If it's not released by then anyway) and then we get a cut to a Smash trailer announcing Tails?

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425

See in the last game when DLC Characters were available as well as a stage,
Music from their series came with them!

That S&M Trainer Remix was around during E3's Smash Ultimate or what not.
to save that for DLC would be sill imo.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425

See in the last game when DLC Characters were available as well as a stage,
Music from their series came with them!

That S&M Trainer Remix was around during E3's Smash Ultimate or what not.
to save that for DLC would be silly imo.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
How the Grinch Leaked Smash Bros...

Gotta say, I think this is legit. I just feel tgere are too many things that seem unlikely if this were fake, but I’m not really strong one way orthe other.

Unfortunately I don’t really have nostalgia for the characters that got leaked and I’m disappointed that Tails didn’t make the cut - I’m wondering what could possibly have happened with him if everyone is getting promoted around him - but I hope we’ll see him for DLC.

Here’s hoping that our fox will fly in at some point bringing Chemical Plant Zone as a stage!

SonicMario

Smash Master
How the Grinch Leaked Smash Bros...

Gotta say, I think this is legit. I just feel tgere are too many things that seem unlikely if this were fake, but I’m not really strong one way orthe other.

Unfortunately I don’t really have nostalgia for the characters that got leaked and I’m disappointed that Tails didn’t make the cut - I’m wondering what could possibly have happened with him if everyone is getting promoted around him - but I hope we’ll see him for DLC.

Here’s hoping that our fox will fly in at some point bringing Chemical Plant Zone as a stage!
All we have to really do in DLC speculation is get Tails out there as an open possibility.

And try to argue the biggest question we will have to face: Can Sonic get another character that is not an echo?

I guess technically 3rd parties getting non-echoes will be a question in general, not just Sonic. But given Tails is probably the likeliest character to break that potentially fanmade rule (Much like how only one per company was broken by Ryu). It may be connected anyhow.

We'll need to convince some neutral people that Tails is still possible even among Shadow as an echo already being in if the leak is true. And while I hope we can keep it friendly for the most part, Tails will be in contention from people who want or at least prefer other owned Sega characters other then another Sonic character like Arle or anything from ATLUS supporters.

We can hopefully rely on the argument that with Shadow already in for the more modern Sonic fans and just as an easy to make echo. Tails would harken back to Sonic's glory days with the Classics and even a recent game like Mania. There's little to no doubt the Classic Era is the most beloved era of Sonic. And bringing in Tails should be neutrally acceptable even amongst non-Sonic fans because of that fact. Sonic himself and Eggman being the only characters older then Tails. And while there are people that'd like Eggman in Smash, I find it hard to believe he's been as requested as either Tails or Shadow. Get him out there as Sonic's Luigi and we can make a good argument for his DLC validity.

The only big brick walls that could stop this is if Tails does get an upgrade that's not a playable role like a 2nd assist, another unique Sega owned character, and Shadow not being an echo. (The last of which I feel like should be in doubt especially if the leak is real. Because why is Ken still the only echo fighter left when there's 6 unique fighters in that case)

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
All we have to really do in DLC speculation is get Tails out there as an open possibility.

And try to argue the biggest question we will have to face: Can Sonic get another character that is not an echo?

I guess technically 3rd parties getting non-echoes will be a question in general, not just Sonic. But given Tails is probably the likeliest character to break that potentially fanmade rule (Much like how only one per company was broken by Ryu). It may be connected anyhow.

We'll need to convince some neutral people that Tails is still possible even among Shadow as an echo already being in if the leak is true. And while I hope we can keep it friendly for the most part, Tails will be in contention from people who want or at least prefer other owned Sega characters other then another Sonic character like Arle or anything from ATLUS supporters.

We can hopefully rely on the argument that with Shadow already in for the more modern Sonic fans and just as an easy to make echo. Tails would harken back to Sonic's glory days with the Classics and even a recent game like Mania. There's little to no doubt the Classic Era is the most beloved era of Sonic. And bringing in Tails should be neutrally acceptable even amongst non-Sonic fans because of that fact. Sonic himself and Eggman being the only characters older then Tails. And while there are people that'd like Eggman in Smash, I find it hard to believe he's been as requested as either Tails or Shadow. Get him out there as Sonic's Luigi and we can make a good argument for his DLC validity.

The only big brick walls that could stop this is if Tails does get an upgrade that's not a playable role like a 2nd assist, another unique Sega owned character, and Shadow not being an echo. (The last of which I feel like should be in doubt especially if the leak is real. Because why is Ken still the only echo fighter left when there's 6 unique fighters in that case)
I agree, all we can do for now is hope he either isn't an assist or is playable

SonicMario

Smash Master
I would still most definitely prefer to have Tails over Shadow, to be honest.
We're going to have to likely deal with both having to somehow get in either way regardless how things go.

Tails isn't going to be an echo. So either Shadow's going to be an Echo in base game if the leak is real, and Tails would have to be DLC

If the leak is fake and Shadow is not in base game, then a package deal will probably happen that's essentially a Sonic fanservice pack. Tails + Shadow together and maybe bring in more Sonic music with them that are related to Tails and Shadow respectively

At the very least, as long as Shadow's an echo, we don't have to say Shadow was chosen OVER Tails. Because as I already stated. Tails can't be an echo. It's the same case as why Daisy is in and Waluigi is not, only Waluigi's an assist while Tails is still possible because for now he hasn't had an upgrade from his cameo + costume yet. Not every Mii costume will get an upgrade obviously as I doubt we'll see Gil or Akira from Virtua Fighter in any big role in Ultimate. But Tails is different in that he's a character in the public mainstream that would be suspiciously left out from all the Mii costume upgrades from Smash 4 to Ultimate.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another reason Shadow would likely be chosen is because he's more popular and was more requested then Tails and he has a similar model to Sonic whereas Tails would had required making a new one making it easy to make Shadow an echo.

Tails couldn't be an echo anyways because he doesn't have the dimensions to match Sonic. He would at most be a semi-clone.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Will we at least get a Mii costume for Knuckles and Tails?
I'd assume so. Though we have not seen a single mii costume other then the default. But I wouldn't really doubt the return of alot of the mii costumes. They're cheap, and in the DLC period provide many cheap stuff to add to the game that can be filler until proper characters and/or stages arrive.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I hate how most Smash fans are totally buying into the leak with no hesitation at all and calling us out for thinking it's fake.
Like, wow excuse me for holding out hope that a leak that's literally spoiled the roster isn't true. Apparently it's wrong to expect the whole roster to be surprise.
Sad part is everyone else doesn't mind, because they got their characters.
Also, love how people abandoned Vergeban so quickly because some blurry picture surfaced online with about five unique characters and two echoes, which sounds way too good to be true.
*Sigh*
Sorry for that rant. I really just hate how every Smash fan is just buying into something that sounds like some Smash fan's wishlist(Granted, Ultimate is focusing on more fan favourite characters, but with five unique newcomers and two Echoes seems extremely unlikely, considering the development and the fact that there are only two months left).
I'm not even angry that Tails didn't supposedly didn't make it, I just want to be surprised and I'm wrong for thinking that
Plus, those Grinch renders were just edited. I've seen them on Twiiter, so we shouldn't be buying into it too much.
Here's one example: https://mobile.twitter.com/TruesClues/status/1055585679948832773?p=v

Last edited:

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
Been lurking for months. This thread made me feel like I was not alone when other areas of the internet seemed so ready to foresake Tails in favor of Shadow.

In the face of this Grinch leak and the possibility that our hopes might be stuck in DLC limbo, I can't sit in silence anymore.

I'll do my best to support Tails from here on! Even if he ends up as an assist, let's not give up! I mean, the idea that assists can't be playable as well is kind of a fan rule too, like so many others.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Been lurking for months. This thread made me feel like I was not alone when other areas of the internet seemed so ready to foresake Tails in favor of Shadow.

In the face of this Grinch leak and the possibility that our hopes might be stuck in DLC limbo, I can't sit in silence anymore.

I'll do my best to support Tails from here on! Even if he ends up as an assist, let's not give up! I mean, the idea that assists can't be playable as well is kind of a fan rule too, like so many others.
Welcome ^^ As we've stated before. Forsaking Tails for Shadow mainly came out from the echo fighter label. Which while we did talk about the possibility of Tails being an echo after Chrom, we know for sure now Tails probably can't be an echo after Sakurai's words post-Isabelle.

I can't share the sentiment if Tails ends up as an assist that I can still campaign. But as long Tails is just a Green Hill cameo and/or returning Mii costume he has a legit shot at DLC unlike Knuckles. And will be especially possible if Shadow's an echo fighter. (I may still try to campaign even in the nightmare scenario that Shadow is somehow not an echo... but the difficulty of getting neutral Smash fans on our side would made much more difficult because how do you pitch to people 2 Sonic semi-clones in the same game even with DLC in mind?)

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to post this image I drew of Tails ^^. It’s nothing special just a bunch of headshots I drew months ago of some of the sonic characters.
FD27488E-B444-4670-861C-E15EB9010F83.jpeg

Edit: Really am sorry for these sideways images :/

Last edited:

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
I voted for Tails in the smash ballot ;w; he's my wish I didn't really expect to come true tbh, but I had to support him even despite that.

Honestly though, I'm still optimistic. The points about him making it in as DLC definitely make me think he has a fighting chance.

Last edited:

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
I really hate talking about DLC this early..
But alas i have no choice.

Reason why i'm so worried is the
Other Characters that didn't make it
[I still don't believe that leak] that are
Highly Requested! I would hate if Tails
got ignored for someone so Iconic as him..

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
There seems to be a issue with the Official Smash Bourd for some reason, stopped Futher Replies? I dunno, I was about to go up in flames.

I needed to put a line in the sand. I have had enough of people treating others with SO MUCH DISRESPECT, we're human, we have morals, don't let a Video Game Rumor get your mind twisted, I need to say something because I swear I'm about to blow 7 fuses at a time.

I can't believe people have the ordacity to call each other just because you have a different opinion than there's, I'm Neutral, with a bit of fake, but we can't let a Game Rumor fog are perspective, it's silly. I'm not having jabs at single people, but the whole cahdoodle, I've heard people have sent threats to each other...like...WHAT!?

Were in a Smash Civil War, we either leave now or we fall in a flood of insults.

Its so stupid...

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
Welcome ^^ As we've stated before. Forsaking Tails for Shadow mainly came out from the echo fighter label. Which while we did talk about the possibility of Tails being an echo after Chrom, we know for sure now Tails probably can't be an echo after Sakurai's words post-Isabelle.

I can't share the sentiment if Tails ends up as an assist that I can still campaign. But as long Tails is just a Green Hill cameo and/or returning Mii costume he has a legit shot at DLC unlike Knuckles. And will be especially possible if Shadow's an echo fighter. (I may still try to campaign even in the nightmare scenario that Shadow is somehow not an echo... but the difficulty of getting neutral Smash fans on our side would made much more difficult because how do you pitch to people 2 Sonic semi-clones in the same game even with DLC in mind?)
I don't think Assist Trophies as DLC fighters is necessarily impossible, it's just never happened. Honestly, it's not hugely different from the whole stage-background thing... I guess Alphonso will replace the assist trophies, too :p (I mean, or the game could just select any of the 50+ other assists when someone is playing as an assist character)

I really hate talking about DLC this early..
But alas i have no choice.

Reason why i'm so worried is the
Other Characters that didn't make it
[I still don't believe that leak] that are
Highly Requested! I would hate if Tails
got ignored for someone so Iconic as him..
You're right, I fear we face stiff competition in DLC. If Shadow is already in, then most of the Smash community might not be in favor of a third Sonic rep, no matter how deserving the Sonic franchise is of the honor. (Hello? Mario & Sonic! Along with all the other Nintendo exclusives in the last 15+ years! SEGA's been WAY more supportive to Nintendo than, say, Square-Enix...)

There seems to be a issue with the Official Smash Bourd for some reason, stopped Futher Replies? I dunno, I was about to go up in flames.

I needed to put a line in the sand. I have had enough of people treating others with SO MUCH DISRESPECT, we're human, we have morals, don't let a Video Game Rumor get your mind twisted, I need to say something because I swear I'm about to blow 7 fuses at a time.

I can't believe people have the ordacity to call each other just because you have a different opinion than there's, I'm Neutral, with a bit of fake, but we can't let a Game Rumor fog are perspective, it's silly. I'm not having jabs at single people, but the whole cahdoodle, I've heard people have sent threats to each other...like...WHAT!?

Were in a Smash Civil War, we either leave now or we fall in a flood of insults.

Its so stupid...
Everyone all in civil war over a video game... Threats, even? And we put down the Waluigi fans over two or three tweets... Looks like the fanbase at large is proving they're not much better. But we gotta take the high road. Take a breath, step away when things look nasty... Don't let them drag you to their level.

SonicMario

Smash Master
You're right, I fear we face stiff competition in DLC. If Shadow is already in, then most of the Smash community might not be in favor of a third Sonic rep, no matter how deserving the Sonic franchise is of the honor. (Hello? Mario & Sonic! Along with all the other Nintendo exclusives in the last 15+ years! SEGA's been WAY more supportive to Nintendo than, say, Square-Enix...)
Yeah no doubt we'll face some opposition of "Too many Sonic characters!" or even "3 is enough Sega characters!" (Including Bayonetta)

But we should always keep in mind the Mii costume if nothing significant is upgraded. We should open friendly relations with other fanbases of characters that had mii costumes in Smash 4 but didn't quite get an upgrade to playable or even upgraded at all in the base game for Smash Ultimate. We can get a favorable outlook of support if we're friendly as can be to other characters that are in a similar position as Tails like Lloyd and Heihachi. We may even get extra supporters that way.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
At this point i'll take any form of tails :(. I'm losing hope he will be in this game. Its a shame if shadow gets in over him because he's the equivalent of mario's luigi.
To get no representation would be a great disservice.

SonicMario

Smash Master
At this point i'll take any form of tails :(. I'm losing hope he will be in this game. Its a shame if shadow gets in over him because he's the equivalent of mario's luigi.
To get no representation would be a great disservice.
Shadow only gets in over Tails if he's not an echo

But anyway yes, we're less then 48 hours away from finally knowing the truth about not just the grinch leak but the base roster in general. Stakes are high, but I just want to tell all fellow Tails supporters here to stay calm. Tails probably isn't going to be revealed in this direct. The most Sonic can get is hopefully Shadow as just an echo. As long as Shadow's an echo, there's still hope and an argument for Tails to be DLC.

Every single character's fanbase will be on pins and needles. Not even the characters in the Grinch leak may be safe from this. The only character we can be certain is in, is Ken.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Shadow only gets in over Tails if he's not an echo

But anyway yes, we're less then 48 hours away from finally knowing the truth about not just the grinch leak but the base roster in general. Stakes are high, but I just want to tell all fellow Tails supporters here to stay calm. Tails probably isn't going to be revealed in this direct. The most Sonic can get is hopefully Shadow as just an echo. As long as Shadow's an echo, there's still hope and an argument for Tails to be DLC.

Every single character's fanbase will be on pins and needles. Not even the characters in the Grinch leak may be safe from this. The only character we can be certain is in, is Ken.
I Forgot about that Ken Leak Honestly!
All I'm gonna do is Hope for the Best For Tails! <3

SonicMario

Smash Master
Been hearing about the possibility of more combo trailers in this direct. If most of the trailers are combos. And even how the rest of the roster might even be better then what the Grinch leak entrails. That may raise up hopes that Tails is in the base game after all.

I'm still not going to count on it. But man, a Sonic-themed trailer with both Tails and Shadow would be just too perfect for us. I can hope for it, but for now I'm still expecting just Shadow to have an echo segment and we may have depend on if the first DLC pack is announced in the direct and see if Tails is in it for Tails to show up in this direct. We shouldn't be discouraged though if there's no sign of Tails anywhere.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Okay...i have a question...what happens if Shadow is a Simi Clone? What happens to are campaign? Cause now I'm hearing that Shadow could have new moves...so what does that mean for us?

I'm genuinely worried, because, I don't want to hear 'Oh, he won't be a Simi Clone, just a Echo' we have to evaluate every possibleity, we have one side of the community wanting Shadow in Smash, and another who thinks that with Shadow is enough and we don't need anymore Sonic characters.

We are SO outnumbered, I've never bet on a underdog with so much against him, we have the Sega Writing Argument always brought up, we have the Shadow is more cooler myth always brought up. It's so annoying, it drives me insane.

If Shadow becomes his own character...i refuse to buy Ultimate, the amount of upset, so angry that some edgy, fan pleaser got full development over the second face of the entire franchise, Popularity shouldn't mean you can get in, Edgyness shouldn't mean you have more prioritie over other well deserved characters, like Tails, Eggman, Knuckles even Silver. The fact that the whole franchise has been shared between Sonic and Shadow is so perfetic, so annoying and so stale that Shadow is one of the most overrated, over used character in the entire Sonic series, maybe even the entire Sega Properties, he has been used far enough, he brought the series to its knees, with Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic 06, and when Sonic Team were finally got there senses back, that screwed it up with Forces and made a entire DLC for him to 'Appeal To Adventure Fans' and made Tails into a cowerd. We keep going into this spile that stops Tails from progression because the points we bring up won't go into the thick skull of blind fanboys, I'm sorry if I sound aggressive, but I have had enough of having my and many other peoples opinions be shoved onto the side just because...

''Shadow Is A Better Option and Character Than Tails...'

SonicMario

Smash Master
Okay...i have a question...what happens if Shadow is a Simi Clone? What happens to are campaign? Cause now I'm hearing that Shadow could have new moves...so what does that mean for us?

I'm genuinely worried, because, I don't want to hear 'Oh, he won't be a Simi Clone, just a Echo' we have to evaluate every possibleity, we have one side of the community wanting Shadow in Smash, and another who thinks that with Shadow is enough and we don't need anymore Sonic characters.

We are SO outnumbered, I've never bet on a underdog with so much against him, we have the Sega Writing Argument always brought up, we have the Shadow is more cooler myth always brought up. It's so annoying, it drives me insane.

If Shadow becomes his own character...i refuse to buy Ultimate, the amount of upset, so angry that some edgy, fan pleaser got full development over the second face of the entire franchise, Popularity shouldn't mean you can get in, Edgyness shouldn't mean you have more prioritie over other well deserved characters, like Tails, Eggman, Knuckles even Silver. The fact that the whole franchise has been shared between Sonic and Shadow is so perfetic, so annoying and so stale that Shadow is one of the most overrated, over used character in the entire Sonic series, maybe even the entire Sega Properties, he has been used far enough, he brought the series to its knees, with Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic 06, and when Sonic Team were finally got there senses back, that screwed it up with Forces and made a entire DLC for him to 'Appeal To Adventure Fans' and made Tails into a cowerd. We keep going into this spile that stops Tails from progression because the points we bring up won't go into the thick skull of blind fanboys, I'm sorry if I sound aggressive, but I have had enough of having my and many other peoples opinions be shoved onto the side just because...

I admit Shadow being a semi-clone is one of my biggest fears here. I'd still buy the game, I'm not that petty. But man would it bum the Sonic fan in me.

And I admit it'd be harder to find the courage to start the DLC campaign. Because how do you convince the Smash fanbase that Sonic can get TWO semi-clones?

I don't think it's a big worry, by Sakurai's definition of Echo Fighters. And characters like Richter (3rd parties can be echoes) and Dark Samus (Even characters that have the potential to be unique may not be because they very much share the same body shape) should make him PRIME Echo material.

But you should relax for now either way. And you should kinda stop bringing up the stuff rabid Shadow fans have done to you. You obviously got attacked alot on Twitter over it. But please don't bring a potential fandom civil war over here when we're all Sonic fans here.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425

GameXplain's Video earlier pretty much made fun of the little guy during the Shadow Segment,
Which triggered the hell outta me!
About your first sentence. I'll have to eventually get the game..But Shadow there are no Tails Even for DLC..
Just NO!

SonicMario

Smash Master
About your first sentence. I'll have to eventually get the game..But Shadow there are no Tails Even for DLC..
Just NO!
R-E-L-A-X

If the worst happens with this, we'll grieve together. For now though, the most likely scenario is Shadow is an echo and we have to wait for our chance at DLC. With a small, tiny chance of Tails and Shadow getting in together with a Sonic-themed trailer (Shadow still an echo, Tails a Semi-Clone)

Many other fanbases are going to be on pins and needles. Even the Grinch leak characters besides Ken may not be safe based on some interesting hints left by insiders. Let's try not go insane before this direct strikes. We can save the insanity for after the direct. And we can all hope for the positive kind of insanity where we're celebrating Tails' inclusion. But try not to expect it too hard. Shadow being an echo might be something we actually cheer for, because that gives Tails a chance heading into DLC.

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
GameXplain's Video earlier pretty much made fun of the little guy during the Shadow Segment,
Which triggered the hell outta me!
Just NO!
GameXplain made fun of Tails? Oh, f***, they were the last Youtube journalists I respected after the Grinch leak!

Honestly, I agree with what you were saying 100%, all the Shadow praise and Tails scorn has made me lose faith not just in the fandoms, but kind of in humanity overall, considering how nasty the Shadow fans have been about our desire to get Tails, when we Tails fans had NOTHING against Shadow getting in with him.

I really wanna hope Tails finds a way in, it would restore a bit of faith in the world for me... No matter what, the DLC campaign will have my support! (well, unless by some miracle he makes base roster of course XD)

SonicMario

Smash Master
GameXplain made fun of Tails? Oh, f***, they were the last Youtube journalists I respected after the Grinch leak!
Keep in mind, they've "joked" during E3 predictions about Daisy getting in. So even if they really meant to make fun of Tails, it might even end up being a unintentional/secret hint for all we know.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Good Luck. I believe the Grinch leak but who knows, maybe it is just for the upcoming preplay and not the entire cast. Kind of wishful thinking but you never know... this is Ultimate.

Another good thing is perhaps he is announced for DLC.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
R-E-L-A-X

If the worst happens with this, we'll grieve together. For now though, the most likely scenario is Shadow is an echo and we have to wait for our chance at DLC. With a small, tiny chance of Tails and Shadow getting in together with a Sonic-themed trailer (Shadow still an echo, Tails a Semi-Clone)

Many other fanbases are going to be on pins and needles. Even the Grinch leak characters besides Ken may not be safe based on some interesting hints left by insiders. Let's try not go insane before this direct strikes. We can save the insanity for after the direct. And we can all hope for the positive kind of insanity where we're celebrating Tails' inclusion. But try not to expect it too hard. Shadow being an echo might be something we actually cheer for, because that gives Tails a chance heading into DLC.
I know what you're trying to say and believe me i get it.
But you can't really blame other tails fans for getting this
way because it's like confusion all over.

Honestly, I agree with what you were saying 100%, all the Shadow praise and Tails scorn has made me lose faith not just in the fandoms, but kind of in humanity overall, considering how nasty the Shadow fans have been about our desire to get Tails, when we Tails fans had NOTHING against Shadow getting in with him.

I really wanna hope Tails finds a way in, it would restore a bit of faith in the world for me... No matter what, the DLC campaign will have my support! (well, unless by some miracle he makes base roster of course XD)
I remember 4years ago when Sonic was Revealed for SmashWiiu they said the Next Sonic Character to be represented was
Tails because of his Iconic Status! Shadow COULD return as an assist for a third time like Waluigi and Lyn, But we'll have to see what unfolds.

Top Bottom