• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

SonicMario

Smash Master
Besides characters though it's going to be very interesting to see Spirits. Kind of off-topic on Tails I know, but there really is so much we don't know about this game besides characters and stages that it's crazy. It's just going to be very interesting.

And if the Grinch leak is true, I imagine the trailers will have multiple fighters that aren't even in the same series just to fit it in. And of course an echo segment for Ken and Shadow. So just predicting how the pace will go. Obviously alot hangs in the balance for our very first character reveal and of course the character's placements on the mural. So much to look forward to.

I don't think we'll get our answer about Tails in this. But just stay strong everyone, as long as Shadow isn't a semi-clone, we'll have a good shot at DLC. Shadow fans will likely get their answer though. If Shadow's an echo we should congratulate and be happy for them. If Shadow is an assist again, I suggest being tactful. I'd rather not any of us poor salt in their wounds. If neither Tails or Shadow are playable but nothing that stops either from being DLC, we should express condolences. But also offer up a hand, and get us to work together in DLC.

Last edited:

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
I really hope the mural leak is fake at this point. I don't even care about that Tails might not make it in.
I just want one last surprise.
(Also, I read your comic recently. It's pretty good. I liked that one bit where you made fun of Dragon Ball Z and their transformations)

Damn. I mean Shadow I'd be okay with being an Assist(It'd gave Tails a better chance), but Isaac?
I'm not a Golden Sun fan, but I can tell you that'd be wrong to completely ignore the demand form, like that.
With the push Isaac got in the Smash Ballot and that new item, Even I can't deny the evidence. I don't believe in the Mural leak, but Isaac at this point is a lock.
It's bad enough Golden Sun hasn't gotten another game in years, so the least Nintendo could do is add Isaac in Smash.
If not, don't make him an Assist. Hell, make him DLC.
I think the Golden Sun fans should get something at this point, since they are so dedicated.
I honestly won't be surprised if Issac in an AT.
But i do admit from going to Assist to No Assist
to Assist again would be weird.
UNLESS His Assist moves changed, only guessing.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Here's a list of scenarios from best case scenarios for us here from best to worst. Rated by rainbow sheep :V

BEST CASE SCENARIO

Tails is announced to be playable in the base game alongside a Shadow echo in a Sonic themed trailer :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

There is no Shadow echo, but Tails is in despite that. :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Shadow is an assist again, regardless if Tails is in the base game or not it looks good for Tails' chances :happysheep:

No Shadow echo, somehow Tails is made an echo despite contradicting what the comments after Isabelle are (Not ideal, but if it's the only way. We'll take it) :halfsheep:

No Shadow Echo nor a Tails reveal. Sonic is alone in the base game. But still offers hope for a Tails + Shadow DLC pack :emptysheep:

A Shadow echo, but no Tails. But still leaves him an option for DLC :emptysheep:

Shadow a semi-clone... But Tails still gets in as an echo somehow. (It's ranked below some of the no playable Tails options because it'd be kind of an insult to see the same body type hedgehog not be an echo but the completely different fox body be an echo) :halfsheep:

Shadow is an echo, and Tails gets a clear non-playable role such as another Sonic assist trophy or anything else that might hint that he can't be DLC :sadsheep::sadsheep::sadsheep:

Shadow is a Semi-Clone :sadsheep::sadsheep::sadsheep::sadsheep::sadsheep:

WORST CASE SCENARIO

Obviously the real best case scenario is both Tails and Shadow's are semi-clones. But that's just not going to happen. I think we'll get somewhere in the middle. Most likely the Shadow echo, but no Tails yet. But still hope for us in DLC. Still we can hope for that top option so that just about every Sonic fan's happy in the end.
At this point I'd even be okay with the worst case scenario.
At least there's still hope for DLC
I honestly won't be surprised if Issac in an AT.
But i do admit from going to Assist to No Assist
to Assist again would be weird.
UNLESS His Assist moves changed, only guessing.
Yet, another reason I thinkmIsaac

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
At this point I'd even be okay with the worst case scenario, being both Shadow and Tails semi-clones.
At least he's in Smash and isn't an echo.
You mean true best case scenario heh. I had it as a scale. Mentioning both being semi-clones after the scale. The worst case scenario is Shadow is a Semi-Clone and it's just him. I just wanted a more realistic scenario list heh. Though obviously the best case (Tails semi + echo shadow) and worst case (semi Shadow only) are both scenarios are as unlikely as eachother and polar opposites on what it does to confidence for Tails getting playable.

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
You mean true best case scenario heh. I had it as a scale. Mentioning both being semi-clones after the scale. The worst case scenario is Shadow is a Semi-Clone and it's just him. I just wanted a more realistic scenario list heh. Though obviously the best case (Tails semi + echo shadow) and worst case (semi Shadow only) are both scenarios are as unlikely as eachother and polar opposites on what it does to confidence for Tails getting playable.
Sorry I read that wrong.
I already corrected the mistake.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Let's just Say Tails gets Revealed Tomorrow[Hopefully]
Knuckles AT, Tails Playable! and Shadow
Assist again[Assuming he is like sources say]. Silver would be the only character
Not Involved, what about him? lol.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Let's just Say Tails gets Revealed Tomorrow[Hopefully]
Knuckles AT, Tails Playable! and Shadow
Assist again. Silver would be the only character
Not Involved, what about him? lol.
Silver isn't going to be playable ever in Smash to be honest heh. If we got someone other then Tails with Knuckles and Shadow out of the question. I think Eggman or even Amy would be next. (Or perhaps a Metal Sonic echo since Shadow wouldn't be there to take the echo spot)

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Silver isn't going to be playable ever in Smash to be honest heh. If we got someone other then Tails with Knuckles and Shadow out of the question. I think Eggman or even Amy would be next. (Or perhaps a Metal Sonic echo since Shadow wouldn't be there to take the echo spot)
Probably! Silver has been a cameo since brawl, so i'd be lying if i said i didn't think about him here.
Just a concern is all lol.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, even Blaze takes priority over him. I won't be surprised if he runs in that Green Hill loop for all eternity.

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Assuming in this scenario that Eggman's a boss in spirits, then yes Metal would be the next logical choice after Tails, since he could be an Echo for Sonic.
Even then, I strangely see Blaze being a bettet pick.
Her debut was on the DS and has appeared on Nintendo systems a bit more then Silver.
Not only that, but in Sonic and the Black Knight(On the Wii btw) Blaze was one of the three main opposing knights, alongside Shadow and Knucks whilst Silver only appeared in a few minigames, if I recall.
That, and she'd be a bit more easier to develop compared to Silver, since she does share a few similarities to Sonic.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
It was just a concern guys, that's all. lol.
I was just thinking about him is all.

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
Guys, we've made it this far. We either succeed Act 3, or we Game Over to Sakurai. But even if we lose, we have to stay positive, or else the people who say we can't make it win.
It's all up to tommorow.

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
Urgh, sleeping tonight will be impossible...
Best of luck to us all! May the gaming gods smile upon our foxy friend, Tails!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
One last thing I wanna point out about Shadow. Think about this. Both insiders are saying that he's an assist trophy, and the box theory also suggests he isn't an echo fighter. Yes, there is the argument that you can always add more fighters on the back, but this very well may still mean that Ken is the only echo fighter left from the original Smash 4 roster. And honestly? If they were to make a Sonic newcomer, it would be Tails before Shadow any day of the week.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go score 20 kills in Cruel Melee to unlock Tails tomorrow. I'm doing it for real this time.

SonicMario

Smash Master
No idea what the future en-tails (*ba-dum-tish*) for tomorrow.

But I'll say again, stay strong. I don't think playable Tails will come from this direct. But I'd be more then happy to be wrong. Relax and sleep well. This morning's going to be interesting.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I have successfully beaten Cruel Melee with 27 KOs. It was my first try too. Ironically, it took me about 4x as long to set up because I had to move my roomates stuff out of the way to get to the AV cables for my wii and then I had to get the classic controller out as well as batteries for the Wii mote just so I could start Melee.

Either way, 1st try bois. If Tails shows up tomorrow ya'll better be thanking me.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Come on... I want to see Tails in the Direct in the morning. I want Shadow to remain an Assist Trophy. I want the direct to reveal the whole roster and tease the first DLC fighter.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
*Wakes Up At 6:00*

It's Time....were made it...this...is...the end game...and I'm not gonna lie...I'm a bit shaken today...let's GO!

IMG_20180501_223403.jpg

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I have successfully beaten Cruel Melee with 27 KOs. It was my first try too. Ironically, it took me about 4x as long to set up because I had to move my roomates stuff out of the way to get to the AV cables for my wii and then I had to get the classic controller out as well as batteries for the Wii mote just so I could start Melee.

Either way, 1st try bois. If Tails shows up tomorrow ya'll better be thanking me.
I'm quoting this to remember that. Honestly the chances are unlikely, but I'm still holding out hope. Just let my fox boy be in Smash.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They just deconfirmed every major Sonic character except for Dr. Eggman. Shadow is now an AT and Tails, Blaze, Amy, and Silver are all Spirits.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Wow that was... Box theory was right all along. Shadow is hella dead, no chance for DLC there.

Tails was seen in spirits. Idk he still has a chance I guess. But dang.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah... uh, I don't know if I can go ahead with campaigning on Tails with him as one of the many hundreds of Spirits. Only 5 characters in DLC too, one slot taken up by a Piranha Plant of all things (Though maybe the Plant is seperate from that pass. Can't tell right now). But let's be honest here. Tails isn't even the biggest thing being grieved over roster wise right now.

I'm still excited for the game. But yeah this is going to take at least a week for this site to get over I'm sure heh.

But yeah Box theory turned out correct, and just when I thought it was finally deconfirmed since some were pointing to at least some of the Grinch Leak characters making it in heh.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i cant help but wonder why the first two 3rd party series to get second characters arent the ones that had the most fan demand long before the ballot

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
I'm happy with what we got lol, but for a lot of people? The **** show is just beginning.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sorry to see Tails just be a glorified sticker. I just though Sakurai would be able to do something with an echo fighter of Sonic, but it turns out he cannot. My condolences.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
so with tails losing to a plant, wrestler cat, and echo and turning into a spirit does that mean he has no chance as dlc?

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
I have my doubts that this is the end for Tails' chances. sure spirits is a blow to alot of characters, but at least it's not assist trophy tier deconfirmation.

seeing as spirits has effectively replaced trophies, i don't see this as an issue for any character's chances for DLC. and personally I'll still be hoping for Tails to make his debut as a fighter in smash ultimate.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Well that Direct was......... well it was a lot of taking in.
Certainly, hype let me tell you that.
Looks like the Mural leak is fake which is good. And it looks like Verge was right all along. I can give less of a damn about Incineroar and Ken. I felt like Sakurai should've revealed those two earlier and reveal King K. Rool, Ridley or Simon in the final direct. Just saying
Spirits isn't what I expected it to be but we still got a story mode(Getting onto that later)
I don't think Spirits really de-confirms any characters. I think they are this game's trophies. Remember in the last games Mewtwo and Lucas were both trophies and yet they were DLC(In fact they got new trophies too). I don't think this de-confirms Tails. Not to mention I saw Kirby piloting his Robobot mech, as a spirit so I guess existing fighters kind of also have them.
Also, R.I.P Isaac, Black Knight and Shadow fans' hopes and dreams.
AND HOLY HELL THAT NEW MODE AND THEME. THAT LEGIT MADE ME CRY. THE WHOLE THING WITH THE NEWLY REVEALED THEME MADE ME CRY.
And finally, we have confirmation of five new DLC characters. Along with...................... the Pirhana Plant.
Well, I mean he actually does look fun to play, so I might genuinely pick him up as a main. I'm not joking. To be honest with you I was more hyped for him than Ken and Incineroar.
I don't think the Pirhana Plant is one of the new five DLC characters Sakurai hinted at.
Petey for a limited time is free and Sakurai said five 'paid' DLC characters. You don't have to pay for the Pirhana plant right now, so in general, we have six DLC characters. The same number we got in Smash 4. Which is pretty good.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
We should still have hope for DLC. Being in spirits is not a deconfirmation like being an assist is. If anything, Shadow being out of the way makes Tails the only possible sonic rep now. So we at least don’t have to worry about that

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
That Direct Got Me...Confused...but these points about the Corrinations between Trophy's and Spirits, and Existing characters like King K Rool and Kirby being seen in the Spirits, I...actually can wait...

And now that Shadow is an Assist Trophy...Tails is right in center for the Sonic Rep...i actually thought that we couldn't beat the odds...but we did...

We did it guys, we survived...

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
That Direct Got Me...Confused...but these points about the Corrinations between Trophy's and Spirits, and Existing characters like King K Rool and Kirby being seen in the Spirits, I...actually can wait...

And now that Shadow is an Assist Trophy...Tails is right in center for the Sonic Rep...i actually thought that we couldn't beat the odds...but we did...

We did it guys, we survived...
Since we know bosses are returning, Eggman's most likely going to be a boss. And Shadow's still an Assist so............ we did do it.
I can't believe I'm saying it but. Tails is now the most likely Sonic character.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Since we know bosses are returning, Eggman's most likely going to be a boss. And Shadow's still an Assist so............ we did do it.
I can't believe I'm saying it but. Tails is now the most likely Sonic character.
Stop it Rine your gonna make me bust...oh...too late...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Only 5 characters in DLC too, one slot taken up by a Piranha Plant of all things (Though maybe the Plant is seperate from that pass. Can't tell right now).
The smash website says that the plant isn't apart of the 5 DLC characters.

With that being said, Vergeben has come out and said that both a 2nd SE Rep as well as some sort of minecraft representation is still happening, just not now. So I really think it's safe to assume this DLC roster.

1. SE rep
2. Microsoft Rep???
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???

This goes until Feb 2020, so we have about a year and a half left for Tails to make it into the game. AND he's gotta come with a stage. It's hard to tell if he actually has a chance. Nothing really has changed from the original plan, though. Some of our heaviest competition was taken out, but that doesn't mean that we're guaranteed either. If they can put a generic Mario enemy in the game, they can just do about whatever it is that they want really. It's anyone's guess who could be in the game at this point.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't think I can campaign, It's not that I feel Spirits is that much of a deconfirm status but more so that stuff like the Piranha Plant kind of broke me from taking speculation for the rest of this game seriously. How does one predict what comes next after freakin' Piranha Plant? o.O

I'm not even mad, it's just bizarre.

If someone else wants to try starting the campaign though, by all means. I just don't have any solid confidence of Tails being in the coming fighter pack. I'll hope for it, but I'm not going to count on it.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
I don't think I can campaign, It's not that I feel Spirits is that much of a deconfirm status but more so that stuff like the Piranha Plant kind of broke me from taking speculation for the rest of this game seriously. How does one predict what comes next after freakin' Piranha Plant? o.O

I'm not even mad, it's just bizarre.

If someone else wants to try starting the campaign though, by all means. I just don't have any solid confidence of Tails being in the coming fighter pack. I'll hope for it, but I'm not going to count on it.
Here, you might want this...it was made by Meyk, a Twitter artist...i requested it...

IMG_20181101_125552.jpg

He might not be in now, but his chances are the best it's been since Pre Brawl...I've gotten enough confidence to keep campaigning...

Knuckles and Shadow are Assist Trophy's, the Spirits don't hurt other characters chances, the only competition we have are Eggman and maybe Metal, but with word on the street, people are going for Tails, let's not give up, the tables (Sonic Wise) are on are side, let's use this to are advantage!

Last edited:
Top Bottom