• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I'm a big smasher in a little city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentwanderer8

Smash Cadet
I use Link as my main, and Falco as my second main.

I live in a small city, so nobody actually plays this game.

I study Ken's, Isai's, Aniki's, etc, videos, and - I don't want to brag - but I think I have the skills to defeat them.

I would just like to know how I can be famous in this game, and if I should join a tourney or not.

My friend even said that I should join a tournament in the university in our city.

I'm called ZEKL in the game, and I actually won that tournament...winning 50$

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
man, I hate people like you. You're new, you think you're good because you "study" other pros and then you make the statement that you can beat them. go to hell

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
man, I hate people like you. You're new, you think you're good because you "study" other pros and then you make the statement that you can beat them. go to hell
Hmm let his game speak.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
sorry, I was a little hasty, I'm just so sick of seeing these types of statements everywhere.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
*facepalm*

I also won a tournament at my University (U of Minnesota), but I'm not even top 10 in my state (#16 on the power rankings). No offense but you can not beat Ken, Aniki, Isai, etc. You simply do not have enough experience against advanced opponents. Whenever you finally do play against some really good people, your Link might be at a disadvantage to all the Foxes, Sheiks, Falcos, and Marths out there. But hey, I main Game & Watch so I know it's possible to overcome character disadvantages. All I'm saying is, you have a long way to go.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but where do you live? You should travel to a larger tournament and see how well you do. Check out the regional boards to find some tourneys in bigger cities.

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
Not meant to offend you, but you cannot defeat Ken or any of the other top professionals. You cannot scrutinize movements and playstyles of someone of Ken's caliber and think you can defeat them. Like you said, you don't have ANY experience in this game. They would eat you alive, basically. You have no experience of what a top player in this game would do to you. You might think you have what it takes, but their quick choices in battle, technical skill, and playstyle will overwhelm you in a match. Other posters in this topic - there is no reason to think for a second he has what it takes. Move along.

cemo

white walker
fail troll is faiiillll

unless you want to tell us where you live so we can set up a moneymatch ;3

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Sometimes when i'm hanging out at home.. i don't even turn on the fan so i can hang out and sweat the day out

Discuss

Miharu

Smash Hero
I use Link as my main, and Falco as my second main.

I live in a small city, so nobody actually plays this game.

I study Ken's, Isai's, Aniki's, etc, videos, and - I don't want to brag - but I think I have the skills to defeat them.

I would just like to know how I can be famous in this game, and if I should join a tourney or not.

My friend even said that I should join a tournament in the university in our city.

I'm called ZEKL in the game, and I actually won that tournament...winning 50$
Hey, it's the next Sora Keyblademaster. Who remembers HIM?

Hey, go $50 MM the closest pro living to you, just like Sora did. Guess what, he actually won the MM, can you believe that? I mean, seeing as he's never had any real competition or not, but he totally ***** that other dude, FLT, or w/e his name was.

Oh. You don't want the fabricated story? Fine. He got 4stocked by FLT, and lost the $50. If you wish, go lose to SK92. He lives in Vegas.

One more thing, silentwanderer. You suck. Now shut the **** up and don't be such a concieted asswipe.

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
Yeah, where does this kid live, anyway?

Honestly, you're posting just like the 10,000 other idiots who used to post talking about how Ken was predictable with his forward airs and they could win. You're nothing special. Admit you can't beat them. I mean, don't get me wrong; go ahead and try. But without large tournament experience, you don't stand a chance.

Skler

Smash Master
Silentwander until you've played a pro you have no idea what it's like to play one. Just because you saw a video and can do everything they can do doesn't mean you can beat them. They know when to do it and how to make you fall for it. You don't because you lack experience.

Droly

Smash Ace
dude its hard for good people to 4 stock ken the only way you could is if you counter picked shiek where good and counter picked level and ken was up for maybe 72 hours

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
dude its hard for good people to 4 stock ken the only way you could is if you counter picked shiek where good and counter picked level and ken was up for maybe 72 hours
Even then Ken would probably 4 stock you. After all Ken is...The Shiek Slayer!!!

Skler

Smash Master
I'll take the role of Ken for a moment.

Is it because it does awesome combos?

Oh Link boards, so good at discussing Link.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
If the topic creator is still reading this thread, I'd like you to take a look at something.

This video is a smash match between 2 average players. You can see they are evenly matched. A large chunk of the players on this board are about this good. In case you don't bother to watch the match, I'm telling you now that Mango, the Fox player, wins the game, beating the Shiek by 1 stock in a pretty even match all the way through. A good watch over all.

Now that you've hopefully seen that, THIS video is of KoreanDJ, a professional player who competes on the same level as Ken and Isai. He has even beaten Ken several times. Now, that video is long, and he fights a few people in it, but I want you to watch starting at 4:00 minutes in. That Fox player KoreanDJ is fighting is Mango, the SAME FOX who beat that Shiek player in the first video I posted. Watch what KDJ does to him. Mango is not a bad player, but KDJ is a pro. KDJ completely tears him to shreds, giving him no chance at all. Mango, beeing a pretty good player, manages to take one stock from KDJ (after he has already lost 3 stocks), but that's about it.

My point is the following. Mango isn't a bad Fox player, and he beats his friend's Shiek up there. However, when he plays KoreanDJ, a real pro, he dosn't stand a chance, and he looks like a total noob. Pros are pros for a reason. They are VERY, VERY good. Better then you can imagine, and watching them play in videos does not do them justice.

You can't tell how good a player is by watching them in a video. To fully appreciate how good they are, you have to play against them. I really hope you understand what I'm saying here.

By the way, KoreanDJ is a Fox player, not a Marth player

Miharu

Smash Hero
But it'd have been much more amusing had he turned into the next Sora Keyblademaster...

Sometimes, we just don't the things that we want in life.

Vicioustale

Smash Rookie
Beat Ken??!!?! you need to chill my dude, word up, ya game is whack, I never even seen you play, with a statement like that I know you play whack, let me guess he can't beat your Rolling tactic? chill my dude, besides no one can play Link like Aniki, just stop playing the game...noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom