• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U I received an early copy of Super Smash Bros Wii U and want to help provide info for you all, AMA!

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
If not, just say how many of them there are total (once you're notified you have them all). How many are new and how many are returning.

And how do you unlock all the characters? How many matches do you have to play to get them all? And what are the other ways of getting them?
Bah, I guess you really aren't allowed to disclose this. So don't bother.

But is it okay to discuss trophies?
Are there more WarioWare-related ones? Do they get the Paper Mario treatment? (in terms of physical appearance)

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
Proof: https://twitter.com/TorontoJoeSSB/status/530854707263438848

Long story short, I was given an early copy of SSBU from Nintendo Canada for my involvement in the Smash community and now I want to pay it forward! Have any questions about the game? I'll do my best to answer them all as long as they comply with my embargo agreement with Nintendo!

I will also be uploading a lot of exclusive content for Smash Wii U on www.youtube.com/evenmatchupgaming so make sure to subscribe to catch all the updates!

<3!
Is there any kirby trophies from the newer games?

Is there a bandana waddle dee trophy? He looks like this if you don't know:

Amarok

Smash Rookie
You said there's some stuff you aren't allowed to show. Can you give us any sort of idea as to what type of stuff that might be?

Spirst

You said there's some stuff you aren't allowed to show. Can you give us any sort of idea as to what type of stuff that might be?
Content such as unlockable stages is an example of something that can't be shown.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
I'll be answering everything soon. Have been super busy with grad school & hosting tournaments this weekend

But for the custom moves 3ds question, you can transfer them over(transferred my mii brawler last night w/o problems). I dont believe that they stay though if the 3DS is disconnected.

The game looks amazing, absolutely blown away by the graphics to those who asked how it looks. The controls feel so much more smooth too.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yo TO Joe! Might as well stack this with the other questions, but how does Smash feel when playing on something like a monitor or an HDTV if you've played it on one of those yet? Gaming monitors have less than a frame of lag, especially for HD consoles, and the best HDTVs usually sport 17/18ms response time which is averaging 1 frame of input lag (same as the gamepad).

And if you've played Smash for Wii U on a CRT, how's the aspect ratio for it? Does it get kinda warped when played on a tube TV? If so, I imagine that means we can finally make the jump to HD screens.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Can you post all the tracks that can play in the Pokemon Stadium 2 stage?

Yeah, I know we're really pushing you with all these questions. Feel free to take your time. Take care of important things first.

the8thark

Smash Lord

Long story short, I was given an early copy of SSBU from Nintendo Canada for my involvement in the Smash community and now I want to pay it forward! Have any questions about the game? I'll do my best to answer them all as long as they comply with my embargo agreement with Nintendo!

I will also be uploading a lot of exclusive content for Smash Wii U on www.youtube.com/evenmatchupgaming so make sure to subscribe to catch all the updates!

<3!
On what date does your NDA expire?
If it has not expired yet, I expect you to honour it and keep quiet about the time until you are allowed to talk about the game. But once the NDA has expired, feel free to spoil as much as you want to :)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Can Pikmin carry items to Olimar? (You could test this by throwing them at items in Training Mode). They could do this in the E3-builds but aren't able to in 3DS-version.

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
I'll be answering everything soon. Have been super busy with grad school & hosting tournaments this weekend

But for the custom moves 3ds question, you can transfer them over(transferred my mii brawler last night w/o problems). I dont believe that they stay though if the 3DS is disconnected.

The game looks amazing, absolutely blown away by the graphics to those who asked how it looks. The controls feel so much more smooth too.
Why'd you make the thread if you're too busy to answer anything yet?

D

Deleted member 245254

Still trying to find out if you can use a local team of two online in FF or FG. That would make co-op nights so much fun going up against online opponents with my friends, and I'm pretty confused as to why this hasn't been addressed above many other things by those who've received the game early.

CCD23

Smash Cadet
Still trying to find out if you can use a local team of two online in FF or FG. That would make co-op nights so much fun going up against online opponents with my friends, and I'm pretty confused as to why this hasn't been addressed above many other things by those who've received the game early.
I believe you can, according to the 50-Fact Extravaganza video Nintendo released. (The link should take you to the part of the video where this is discussed.) But yeah, I agree that it would be a lot of fun to team up against real people with friends. My friend and I are super excited about it!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

<3!
Well, at this point, I mostly care about one thing in priority.

Could you tell me anything from little details to big stuff on how Paper Mario series is repped?

Anything would do like trophies or music if applies. Though, because you're on nda, I don't think it's possible, but I guess I can try...

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
What exactly is the extent of the embargo? Everyone keeps saying they can't discuss unlockable stages but I've seen stuff like Kongo Jungle 64. Or do people mean secret stages as in ones we haven't seen any glimpse of (like the icon of PS 2 in the Event screenshot) from official sources?

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Spam Warning Received
Is there anything really cool that you can't tell us?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please ask only serious and relevant questions. Spam questions like "Is Kirby playable" or "Is Mario Galaxy a stage?" are grounds for spam and will be warned.

Just sit tight and let Joe get to your answers. He's a busy man with w lot on his plate. Plus, he's not allowed to divulge all of the information so please keep that in mind. At least he's wanting to share this information with Smashboards instead of somewhere else. Just give him some time.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck

Much better than those on the 3ds? Are you using a Wii U Pro or Gamecube controller?

the8thark

Smash Lord
Please ask only serious and relevant questions. Spam questions like "Is Kirby playable" or "Is Mario Galaxy a stage?" are grounds for spam and will be warned.

Just sit tight and let Joe get to your answers. He's a busy man with w lot on his plate. Plus, he's not allowed to divulge all of the information so please keep that in mind. At least he's wanting to share this information with Smashboards instead of somewhere else. Just give him some time.
He needs to say when his NDA will expire so we know when he can talk about everything. That information (I assume) would not be classified.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I don't know if you have any friends that own the game but can you use amiibo on with friends online multiplayer?

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Do people actually know who the TC is? Like do we actually know that he has the game and isn't just trolling the board?

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Maybe I should have worded my question different. :/

I was wondering if there is anything surprising (like a new hidden mode or a couple of new hidden stages) that you can't tell us, or is it pretty underwhelming on hidden content? It is a yes or no question.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Could you please give us a tiny subtle hint about the Wii U exclusive assists (or stages)?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Why'd you make the thread if you're too busy to answer anything yet?
so people can ask questions in the mean time?

going to get started on stuff now

I cannot discuss stages or trophies, the embargo ends once the game is released on the 21st, so if people are still really curious i'll go back and answer those questions now

a few quick things before i get started:
air dodge cancelling is still in(YAY)
there is 0 latency on 3ds to wii u controls(so if you prefer to play with the 3ds as your controller you are good to go)

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I've heard people saying that Wario can use his bike parts as weapons in the Wii U version, when they couldn't in the 3DS version, despite a tip saying that you could.

Some clarification on whether that's true or false would be nice.

Top Bottom