• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I officially quit playing smash

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
yea why dont u think ppl like you cant beat me or win money and others could?

only an idiot would say practice cant make you better, who do ppl get better? *******es
LOL what a stupid thing to say.

There's literally like nothing to practice in brawl that can't be learned in less than 5 hours.

Besides that single naner lock ****.

DC

Smash Cadet
imo Brawl is the least rewarding game in the universe.

Kith

Smash Ace
LOL what a stupid thing to say.

There's literally like nothing to practice in brawl that can't be learned in less than 5 hours.

Besides that single naner lock ****.
Just out of curiosity, how does someone with your opinion about practicing explain how people like M2K and Ally place so consistently?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
actually... albino still messes up the d3 chain grab so yeah i guess brawl needs practice.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Just out of curiosity, how does someone with your opinion about practicing explain how people like M2K and Ally place so consistently?
Neither Ally nor M2K are human.

I just play either wifi ladder or CO18 when he feels like it.

Kith

Smash Ace
Neither Ally nor M2K are human.

I just play either wifi ladder or CO18 when he feels like it.
Ah I see...
Also, Seibrik, only playing Brawl on the weekends at tournaments is not "officially quitting smash". You have to throw away your wii and gamecube controller for it to be official.

CO18

Smash Hero
umm all the top players practice or have practiced alot in the past. I dont even understand how someone can say that lol, dont see rx- winning tourneys now do u

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You can say that, but its an easy way to excuse your own loses Serin. Make no mistake, Mew2King won because of the practice he did before the tournament. you can compare his previous tournament records against those players to that night and see the massive improvment, winning basically 2-0 3 stock all night until he got to Aly, and then beating him more consistently than ever. Combine all of this with Mew2King's records of his practice time, and you can see a connection between his practice and his success that day. Ally even said that he needs to play the game more to be at Mew2King's level right now.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
My definition of practice - Taking time to go over things such as CGs and whatnot.

From the way I see you guys talking about practice, you take it as playing anyone to get better.

I know what you're talking about, but my definition is a bit different.

Kith

Smash Ace
My definition of practice - Taking time to go over things such as CGs and whatnot.

From the way I see you guys talking about practice, you take it as playing anyone to get better.

I know what you're talking about, but my definition is a bit different.
I understand what you're saying, but I don't think your definition of practice encompasses all of it. I do practice technical stuff (playing as Squirtle, you kind of have to), but then there's also practicing your spacing, and playing people repeatedly to find out exactly why you're taking damage. It's only with that kind of repetition that you'll find out what you're doing wrong, and how to correct it. That's what (I think) most of us mean by practice.

DC

Smash Cadet
lol get out kith... practice squirtle?

$5 money match, I haven't played more than 3 games of Brawl in the last 4-5 months.

Last time I played I wrecked Shaky's face off.

Kith

Smash Ace
Let's go DC. I accept your MM lol.
P.S. I want to see you Hydrojab without practicing it

DC

Smash Cadet
lol who needs any of that "hydrojab" or "hydroslide" or "hydro****" bull**** when you can just grab someone and dthrow them at 90%

ElChubaNebre

Smash Apprentice
lol who needs any of that "hydrojab" or "hydroslide" or "hydro****" bull**** when you can just grab someone and dthrow them at 90%
lol who needs any of that "kirby's jab" or " kirby's dash attack or " kirby's****" bull**** when you can just grab someone and fthrow them at 0%?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
What serin is saying practicing means:

getting all ur tech stuff down perfect so u can do it right

what practice actually is: getting all ur tech stuff down perfect so that u can never mess it up & constantly learning and implementing new strats/mindgames so u can apply them effectively and fluently in tourniment.

just cause u think to urself "when player 1 is in position X he has options I and II for me to look for" doesn't mean that you'll react accordingly or predict accurately simply because you're aware of the options. the practice comes into reacting properly given the times u've experienced them, forcing those scenarios to become muscle memory (never messing it up) so u don't choke in tourny and think "****, i was ready for that, why didn't i punish it??"

ya

that's all experience, which i will only be getting at tournies from now on.

friendlies are amazing

but not as amazing as a weekend of nothing bet random mm's with official rules.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
lol to the people who said u dont need to practice brawl to win. Yall clearly didnt see MLG Orlando.

m2k= Practiced
Ally= didnt practice.
Mlg Rules, that is all.

its not hard pressing B on brinstar, if thats practice, then I unno lol.
Next time though, i'll win like I usually do without practicing >.>

Dekar173

Justice Man
lmao!

I could've killed you but I refused to do so (because as Atomsk so eloquently put it- I'm a ****ing ******,) I don't understand why you're so proud =O

Top Bottom