• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I officially quit playing smash

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
During the week.

EFF this friggen game and all the time i spend on it durin the week practicin, when i should be doing hw/studying

i put off so much hw in the past, including this weekend, and now im eff'd for the hw due tomorrow.

Brawl does not require this much time during the week, so I am no longer going to be giving it such.

From here on out, i'm ONLY playing at tournies, so hopefully no one will be asking me to play durin the week from now on.

If i feel i've done enough hw/studyin and i wana play durin the week, i'll come find you, thats it.

Time to get my **** strait and my eye on the ball.

As for MLG columbus.... If i win enough money at ZP, i may go.

Kith

Smash Ace
When I read this, I read

"I need to start studying more, so I'm gonna stop practicing and still beat you. If I beat you enough, I may still go to Columbus and beat you there too"

-.-

ElChubaNebre

Smash Apprentice
lol seibrik "quit", get ur **** straight before playing friendlies man LOL

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
When I read this, I read

"I need to start studying more, so I'm gonna stop practicing and still beat you. If I beat you enough, I may still go to Columbus and beat you there too"

-.-
HI CARLOS!
Teehee.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I don't see how you can practice Brawl, Jamaal. You can't practice mindgames.

Although, maybe practicing in Brawl simply means "playing with others?"
???

AfroQT

Smash Master
During the week.

EFF this friggen game and all the time i spend on it durin the week practicin, when i should be doing hw/studying

i put off so much hw in the past, including this weekend, and now im eff'd for the hw due tomorrow.

Brawl does not require this much time during the week, so I am no longer going to be giving it such.

From here on out, i'm ONLY playing at tournies, so hopefully no one will be asking me to play durin the week from now on.

If i feel i've done enough hw/studyin and i wana play durin the week, i'll come find you, thats it.

Time to get my **** strait and my eye on the ball.

As for MLG columbus.... If i win enough money at ZP, i may go.
You just gotta know when its time to do **** and when its time to play.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol to the people who said u dont need to practice brawl to win. Yall clearly didnt see MLG Orlando.

m2k= Practiced
Ally= didnt practice.

Purple

Hi guys!
I don't see how you can practice Brawl, Jamaal. You can't practice mindgames.

Although, maybe practicing in Brawl simply means "playing with others?"
???
yes. and there are some thing basic things that need to be practiced.

Pi

Smash Hero
lol to the people who said u dont need to practice brawl to win. Yall clearly didnt see MLG Orlando.

m2k= Practiced
Ally= didnt practice.
Ally doesn't practice and get's 2nd at national tournaments?

And no, I don't think any of us watched MLG orlando, I was bored just reading the updates.

'so and so won a close set vs. so and so by time out

CO18

Smash Hero
you need to practice to remember things and develop new ways to punish things vs characters and such when I stop playing I definitely usually play worse

Player-3

Smash Hero
the only thing you have to practice in brawl is precision things like grab release stuff, throw things of the sort

and punishments b/c some of them are really small windows

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Ally doesn't practice and get's 2nd at national tournaments?

And no, I don't think any of us watched MLG orlando, I was bored just reading the updates.

'so and so won a close set vs. so and so by time out
he's played like thousands of online matches and hundreads of offline matches lol. <-- thats probably less than the actual number. He said he didnt practice to much for orlando, and as a result he did not win (which is every competitors goal)

Pi

Smash Hero
he's played like thousands of online matches and hundreads of offline matches lol. <-- thats probably less than the actual number. He said he didnt practice to much for orlando, and as a result he did not win (which is every competitors goal)
He still came in 2nd place
There's no guarantee that if he had practiced he would have beat M2K

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
@knhiT- your missing the point, but yeah, there is no guarantee he would have beat m2k, but the chance would have been higher.

AfroQT

Smash Master
He practiced to get to the skill level what would even allow him to get 2nd.
Im 100% sure that he played brawl at some point in the months/weeks before MLG Orlando, maybe not had some huge super session, but im sure he played. Either way..brawl.

DC

Smash Cadet
you need to practice to remember things and develop new ways to punish things vs characters and such when I stop playing I definitely usually play worse
Brawl is not a real fighting game, nothing is guaranteed in this game and "practice" doesn't make you better.

Equi

Smash Ace
Topic title is misleading. Makes people want to enter link because it reads as if Seibrik were quitting the game permanently.

It's a trap.

CO18

Smash Hero
Brawl is not a real fighting game, nothing is guaranteed in this game and "practice" doesn't make you better.
what this absolutely makes no sense. either you're trolling or on some dumb stuff right now

Top Bottom