• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need to face the best Links here...

link2702

Smash Champion
Translation: please help me with link :( I pretty much have given up hope on pit, and seeing as link was my main in BOTH other smashes, I think it's about time I go back to the character I loved using the most before, I must admit, it took some time to get used to how different he plays now, but just like getting used to his difference from SB64, to melee, i've grown to enjoy using him again, and honestly, i'm gonna make him my true main again.

so please, I'd like to see how the best Links here play, and give me some tips, and tricks I can do with him now.

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
You're just like me I've mained Link since the game came out but I don't know a lot of tricks but if you wanna brawl a Link I'd be willing to help I'm not the best but I'm not the worst either. The only little trick I know is the zair if that is a trick.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Have you seen Izaw's "The Art of Link"? If not, I'd advise you to watch it.; it should give you a general idea of some good things to do with Link.

I figure the best thing you can do is practice practice practice! And also keep in touch with the Link boards, both here and at allisbrawl.com if you can. Scrolling through these places you will read and learn a lot about the many things that Link can do/use.

I think the MOST important thing about learn to use Link, is not only to know the AT's, but to actually try to use them in your play. See how they work against people, or how you arn't using them to their fullest and try to improve.

link2702

Smash Champion
Have you seen Izaw's "The Art of Link"? If not, I'd advise you to watch it.; it should give you a general idea of some good things to do with Link.

I figure the best thing you can do is practice practice practice! And also keep in touch with the Link boards, both here and at allisbrawl.com if you can. Scrolling through these places you will read and learn a lot about the many things that Link can do/use.

I think the MOST important thing about learn to use Link, is not only to know the AT's, but to actually try to use them in your play. See how they work against people, or how you arn't using them to their fullest and try to improve.
i've seen his vid, and I can do alot of the things he does, and use alot of em in my normal play, but well, facing a true link master, helps me learn EXACTLY when to do certain things in certain situations, as well as when NOT to do certain things.

sasook

Smash Champion
*sees opportunity to attract attention*

*seizes the chance*

Take a look at my guide, you might find something useful.

D

Deleted member

1. read ALL(/more emphasis) the stickies
2. watch most of Legan, Deva Izaw and my matches
3. PM me legan or deva to see when we can help you out

Finns7

Smash Ace
Arkive I miss the majoras mask avi. You gotta practice your combos and ATs to perfection, Also play good players which you can find at tourneys but if your area is not smash active go to allisbrawl and enter a online tourney or just do matchmaking. I would fight you man but I dont have a wii or brawl...but Im getting pro at melee,its all starting to comeback to me...L canceling....semi spiked spin attack.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
You could also prolly play me if you want some good quality Link dittos. :p

But I pray for minimal lag... >_> I kinda suck if the input lag get heavy, say, over half a second. X_X

RawrBoom

Smash Rookie
Link dittos are certainly interesting. I haven't faced a Link player better than me, but it's because I haven't been searching hard enough. Just play play play. Nothing else beats that.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
fite me! :D im da bestest link mani in da wirld!

Nah not the best (or stupidest, I don't type like that) but I'm good. Better then most of the people in my school. Just spam projectiles and space yourself with zair and then go in for the kill. That's one way to do it. My way is to be totally in their face and jab cancel the crap out of them. And use the Ftilt and Utilt. :D That's my way to play Link and just throw in a few projectiles and it's mirrored.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Practice your DI. Like, I think what hurts most Link players the most is, when you get gimped. If I do not get gimped, I can live to 280% sometimes, but more like 150-200%, versus Wolf, Ness, and Lucas (never get hit by the Up Smash). Like, the low health deaths, and the accidental deaths when recovering in Final Destination or Lylat Cruise really hurt Link.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Guess it wouldn't hurt.

0087-4806-2037

Wait, aren't you the one who asked me for my F.C, and I told you that I couldn't cause my Wii was down?

My Wii's repaired now.

Top Bottom