• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with ________ matchup!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Ninjalink. Go play more Meta's for me and record them! I'm afraid the Meta's in my area are better than the one you were facing. No offense to him at all, but... it would be of immense help. Or at the least an enjoyable watch.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
they all suck compared to mew2k sadly. Since i dont lose to mks anyway, they all are gonna look bad regardless lol. Get my point?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Yup I gotcha... Well if you ever get permission to throw some matches versus M2K up there don't hesitate to inform me at a break-neck speed.

Do you always use Zelda versus Meta's? I feel comfortable against decent to good meta's but the really good ones, (Darc, KDJ, etc.) they just make me question my ability to pick up a controller sometimes...

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Really? Is it possible that the duo might have a slight advantage at top levels?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
rofl at u ppl. U do kno that sheik can ftilt lock mk to an upsmash and kill right..........sheik can also grab release him to another grab or upsmash. Get creative ppl.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Hang on, so Sheik can air-release MK and grab him? Basically, she has the same freakin' chaingrab that the Yoshi mains were crazy about, only she's not forcing air-releases all the time?

clowsui

Smash Legend
vs mk imo you should always be playing sheik
so long as you angle the shield up they can't use tornado as an approach or defense tactic against you (one grab = 40%), sheik has needles to shut down tornado at most ranges
sheik doesn't get gimped AS hard as zelda imo, you just need to be more creative with your recovery
ftilt -> up smash *****
sheik's jab cancelling -> grab on the shield is safer than any of zelda's options if you do mixups
sheik's needling is one of the FEW moves that's guaranteed damage on MK off the ledge...if MK approaches from like below the edge (he really shouldn't be doing this though) or at it from the side you can just throw needles. actually if you feel like having some fun you can just toss needles horizontally if you predict MK will come into your range off the edge, one or two is enough to throw him off
sheik's throws essentially all set her up to charge needles and run away or if you condition them into an airdodge a nair is nice, MK at any given point has few options vs. a needle camping sheik, if done correctly the MK is forced to approach at all times (just make sure you're throwing at near max distance or you walk -> needle, shielding the needles will stun them just enough where if they come at you from that huge distance you can easily just kinda run around and jump...just pick stages with low number of platforms like FD, SV, YIBrawl..)
sheik *****, guaranteed kills on metaknight at percents that most characters dream of killing any high tier at is just awesome

i'm pretty sure most of this is right based on my observations of needles and general applications of anti-MK strategy to sheik tools...NL confirm this or show vids? <3

edit: grab release -> grab release is possible i think, you gotta be kinda hasty about it though i think

-Mars-

Smash Hero
@ Sonic:

Actually MK's side b is actually one of the easier ones to stop......like I said your chain usage has to be perfect and MK's best bet to try to get through the chain is a SH dair.

Ftilt lock is unescapable if it is decayed enough.....don't know how many times i'm going to have to keep saying this. Always ftilt with Sheik in every matchup. If your ftilt isn't decayed and you're aware of that....ftilt once and immediately dsmash or utilt for nice damage. Mini combos with ftilt are still very good in this matchup.

Fsmash is awful.......there is no reason to ever use it over dsmash, plus the fact that even the side hitbox of usmash and dsmash both are more powerful than her fsmash. IF your looking for a quick move to get MK offstage.....use dsmash.

Of course you can't DACUS all over the place like a moron....but off of a grab release it's guaranteed like I mentioned and if you mess up.....your still not getting hit by him.

Zelda will get hit out of her usmash by a well spaced dair from above her from MK.

Top Bottom