• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Sooooo yet another update. Kratos can be used on the Xbox & I presume Switch versions of Fortnite. Once Chief comes, he’ll have a non-Minecraft appearance on a Nintendo console. 👀👀👀

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I really don't know how much this counts, seeing as crossplay is in a legal grey area. It's no wonder why Sony was initially reluctant on allowing it for Fortnite, tho.
Well there’s been system exclusive costumes in the past. Sony is allowing people to buy Kratos on Switch & Xbox. That’s a pretty big deal.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Still, Chief is more likely than Kratos because of history of close relationships aka Switch ports and two Smash inclusions.
Oh of course. I was just talking about how crazy it is that the supposed “Nintendo appearance” rule doesn’t apply to him anymore. & it soon won’t apply to our boy.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
CP 6 (Min Min): Late June 2020
CP 7 (Steve): Early October 2020
CP 8: January-Early February/ Winter 2021
CP 9: April-May/Spring 2021
CP 10: Revealed at E3, released in Summer 2021
CP 11 (Master Chief???): Possible reveal at E3, otherwise announced and released in Winter 2021

I imagine this is what we could possibly see. At this point a Microsoft character was announced for E3 twice now (sort of, Why not go for 3. Also I accept no head cannon where Master Chief is not finishing the fight...er's pass... Vol 2.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
CP 11 (Master Chief???): Possible reveal at E3, otherwise announced and released in Winter 2021

I imagine this is what we could possibly see. At this point a Microsoft character was announced for E3 twice now (sort of, Why not go for 3. Also I accept no head cannon where Master Chief is not finishing the fight...er's pass... Vol 2.
Chief being teased as coming to Smash Bros to end Microsoft's E3 press conference would be interesting

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

Chief being the final character would be amazing. But I’m betting on a Nintendo character being the finale.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only questions about Chief is whether or not Microsoft would double dip in the same pass and if DoomSlayer is still in consideration since he's now Microsoft property.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I still don't see Chief as likely until the Master Chief Collection port is confirmed to exist. That would be more substantial than skins.

The only questions about Chief is whether or not Microsoft would double dip in the same pass and if DoomSlayer is still in consideration since he's now Microsoft property.
If the Slayer is in this pass, it would have been due to a deal having been done before the Bethesda acquisition, so nothing would be affected really.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I still don't see Chief as likely until the Master Chief Collection port is confirmed to exist. That would be more substantial than skins.

If the Slayer is in this pass, it would have been due to a deal having been done before the Bethesda acquisition, so nothing would be affected really.
Could've sworn the acquisition was well into it when the fighters for the second fighter pass were being decided, but okay then

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Microsoft doesn’t officially own Bethesda until next summer when the deal is done. Also, I think MS would absolutely double dip. The question is whether or not Nintendo wants to or if they want to work with other companies.

& here’s more proof of Microsoft putting Chief everywhere they can. They’re really pushing him as an icon again.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
We be waiting quite a while

But holy **** the armour looks awesome.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I have an idea for Master Chief's stage

Installation 04: "The legendary Forerunner artifiact awaits"

The platform is located on the Pillar of Autumn during the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. Occasionally, Wraiths will fire upon the stage causing a bit of damage to anyone caught in the line of fire.. A Hunter appears as a stage boss..

Also throughout the scene in the background, we'll see cameos from Tartarus, the Grunts, Fireteam Raven, etc.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I think stage gimmick can include teleportation grid like in Halo multiplayer. That would be fun.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
We be waiting quite a while

But holy **** the armour looks awesome.
If it looks good & has a good amount of content at launch, then I’m fine with the wait. This means I can wait a bit longer to buy a Series X too lol

Hopefull they’ll do a Halo themed console now to celebrate Infinite & the 20th anniversary.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Is it just me or does a fortnight inclusion just feel oddly disrespectful of the character. (Probably just me tho)
He's there alongside Kratos, Mando, Thanos, Venom and a whole bunch of Marvel characters among others
"Disrespectful" is the last word I'd use to describe it

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Exactly, it means Microsoft is pushing him hard.. Thus, this also means they likely asked for Chief in Smash when Nintendo was negotiating for Banjo
I hope your right.

He's there alongside Kratos, Mando, Thanos, Venom and a whole bunch of Marvel characters among others
"Disrespectful" is the last word I'd use to describe it
To me that makes it worst since it’s just whoring out popular thing (smash feels more respectful), idk it’s probably just because I don’t respect fortnight.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It’s less on Microsoft I’m more worried Nintendo will be the barrier since he is extremely gun focused and doesn’t have a Japanese audience. I think he should be in but he’s more in the possibility camp more than the likely camp.
Thing is, Joker has a realistic gun, plus Microsoft may have insisted on it as a package in exchange for Banjo

Top Bottom