• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I wonder if one of those could correlate to Microsoft using both Fortnite & Smash to promote Halo: Infinite. 🤔

It’s probably just GamePass stuff but that second document is completely blacked out so who knows whats
If Gamepass is coming, then that means Halo on Nintendo platform. I seriously doubt MS would've not convinced Nintendo to put Chief along the way. They should be aware of Smash's promotional effect. I mean smoke has been coming since 2018 around the time of FP2.

Speaking of another rumor...

One of items on Phil's shelf is coming true....

Only Switch is left to go.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I saw that earlier in another thread. If those characters were all together in this game, man, what a crazy cool mascot arrangement we would have!

Baba

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if one of those could correlate to Microsoft using both Fortnite & Smash to promote Halo: Infinite. 🤔

It’s probably just GamePass stuff but that second document is completely blacked out so who knows whats
Halo definitely could use the promotion too. While Chief is still a super iconic character, Halo has definitely dropped in popularity as the years have gone on. With how hard they're pushing Infinite, it would be a very smart move to get Chief in some crossover games from a business standpoint.

I definitely do think something is happening this fall. We just gotta wait and see.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Halo definitely could use the promotion too. While Chief is still a super iconic character, Halo has definitely dropped in popularity as the years have gone on. With how hard they're pushing Infinite, it would be a very smart move to get Chief in some crossover games from a business standpoint.

I definitely do think something is happening this fall. We just gotta wait and see.
Luckily this E3 has created a lot of hype for Infinite. The way they’re doing the Battle Pass is getting a lot of attention to, Halo is trend setting again instead of following trends. :’)

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123
Has Nwplayer posted anything recently? I’m curious to see what they’ve been saying.

The Amiibo theory is neat but I wouldn’t put too much faith into it just yet. Hero’s Amiibo wasn’t shown with Sephiroth & Square’s been pretty strict with stuff like Square Miis only coming with their characters. So I don’t think MS would really care since they seem a lot more lenient in general.

That's because the Hero amiibo was shown w/ Min Min's presentation along w/ Joker lol. Also, Square may seem strict, but that's due to third-party licensing with other companies. Just watch the Sephiroth's presentation and it explained why there's a lack of FF content tbh.

At least once Lloyd Mii is out, Mii theory is finally over and only the amiibo theory to worried about tbh

As for the NWPlayer person, nothing is yet updated as of now

Yeah that's a big "if".
We've definitely got some reasons to believe something is in the works- especially since Phil Spencer usually puts hints in the background of his update videos and he had a Switch in one recently.

That being said, we don't have any confirmation of an event taking place in the fall so its best to keep our expectations in check.
Oh sorry it took a while to reply.

But you saw the long posts I provided a while back at least? Not the Vergeben part since that's kinda debunked. But the other stuff w/ Microsoft and Nintendo in the fall? I might need to link if you don't remember. But that's the reason why I believe something is confirmed in fall.

If so, what's the point of saying these tweets/comments? It would be a waste of time imo and a lead-up to nothing. It doesn't have to be a HUGE event or anything, but AT LEAST something. That's where we used our theories to find out which is in that said theory. Whatever it is, is up for questions.

The thing is, everything around that lines up perfectly. I mean sure it's not a confirmation, but it would be crazy to think it's not possible at least.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Ironic that all the western reps in the DLC have been from Microsoft lol
and console rival at that... but they declared each other as non-competitor.
Funny that other western companies that seemed more cooperative than Microsoft before Banjo got only Mii costumes and Spirits.

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123
Ironic that all the western reps in the DLC have been from Microsoft lol
Ahhh to be fair, none of the Microsoft characters are in base-game, which I think it'll be better to be at base-game than DLC. Cuz you can't play the DLC without the game. I mean yea you can buy the DLC easily. But what's the point of buying the DLC without the game? Plus Konami and Capcom are the 2 companies without any DLC fighters in this pass so far and at least 1 of them isn't getting the final spot.

That's why I don't believe double-dipping in 1 pass would be a problem cuz apparently it makes one company have "more of the cut" when literally Capcom and Konami are getting none by that logic. And by that point, **** would be loose for companies. Can you imagine Konami flipping **** out with Capcom? I believe being in base-game is better cuz I believe they get at least 5% of the cut when buying a $60 game.

Funny enough I think Microsoft is easily that company that doesn't have a problem for being DLC characters only and could potentially be 1 more spot left ^^^. Sorry for putting my Chief biased on lol.

In terms of being western. I think Microsoft is known to be the western pick of Smash tbh lol

Alright guys today is the day. Good fortune everyone and hopefully Chief isn't a Mii on Kayuza's presentation. Our last dodge and then after that would be our final hope.

I have confidence. Hopefully, y'all do too.

Also hoping no amiibos are shown for my amiibo theory lol, as well as Lloyd returning as mii to get rid of all missing miis from Smash 4 (meaning no relations towards next fighter).

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Alright guys today is the day. Good fortune everyone and hopefully Chief isn't a Mii on Kayuza's presentation. Our last dodge and then after that would be our final hope.
There is no way he is getting mii at this point. MS would not allow that.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
So today's presentation was interesting.
A ton of popular character competition was knocked out with the Mii costumes this time.
Microsoft got further involved with Dragonborn.

The main thing I found interesting is that Sakurai said it "might be a while before the final announcement".
The running theory a lot of people have for Chief is that he'd be announced in the fall during a supposed Nintendo/Microsoft collaboration....
The fall isn't too long from now though which does make me a bit skeptical of that theory now. We could end up waiting all the way till the game awards again- which could be a good thing. Another big western event is a good place to announce such a bombshell character.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A ton of popular character competition was knocked out with the Mii costumes this time.

The main thing I found interesting is that Sakurai said it "might be a while before the final announcement".
The running theory a lot of people have for Chief is that he'd be announced in the fall during a supposed Nintendo/Microsoft collaboration....
The fall isn't too long from now though which does make me a bit skeptical of that theory now. We could end up waiting all the way till the game awards again.
I think to be fair with Dragonborn, that'd have been discussed before the Bethesda buyout was known so it's another retroactive bit of Microsoft content in that regard

Baba

Smash Journeyman
I think to be fair with Dragonborn, that'd have been discussed before the Bethesda buyout was known so it's another retroactive bit of Microsoft content in that regard
Oh yeah for sure. Still interesting though.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

The fall isn't too long from now though which does make me a bit skeptical of that theory now. We could end up waiting all the way till the game awards again- which could be a good thing. Another big western event is a good place to announce such a bombshell character.
Fall ranges from Thu, Sep 23, 2021 – Wed, Dec 22, 2021 according to google search.
So there is plenty of time. There was like three month gap between Pyra/Mythra and Kazuya. So, who knows?

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Fall ranges from Thu, Sep 23, 2021 – Wed, Dec 22, 2021 according to google search.
So there is plenty of time. There was like three month gap between Pyra/Mythra and Kazuya. So, who knows?
That's true. I always forget how late fall actually lasts until.
Well fingers crossed.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
If the wait is til December, then it'll be a dreadful one. Especially if it turns out to be a "downer" like many are trying to brace themselves for.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So, do we have an idea of how early talks are for Mii Outfits?
I imagine it depends on the wave of content and the company involved.
I don't think they went to Bethesda twice for example, it'd be efficient to get both Vault Boy and Dragonborn in one go.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I imagine it depends on the wave of content and the company involved.
I don't think they went to Bethesda twice for example, it'd be efficient to get both Vault Boy and Dragonborn in one go.
Just curious, since Microsoft owns both now. Depending on timing, they either had to talk to Bethesda previously, or, they had to go to Microsoft again recently.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
If Dragonborn wasn't the last Bethesda mii outfit, I can see them giving us Doomguy along with the last fighter. We already have Fallout & Elder Scrolls, so Doom is the last big Bethesda series.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
If Dragonborn wasn't the last Bethesda mii outfit, I can see them giving us Doomguy along with the last fighter. We already have Fallout & Elder Scrolls, so Doom is the last big Bethesda series.
It definitely feels that way. If the last character is Chief, I see a Doom Slayer Mii Outfit. If Doom Slayer is the last character, then I see a Chief Mii Outfit.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
It definitely feels that way. If the last character is Chief, I see a Doom Slayer Mii Outfit. If Doom Slayer is the last character, then I see a Chief Mii Outfit.
That's sort of what I'm thinking too. I like both characters so either one of these outcomes would be great. Especially if the Doom mii costume came with a song.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Doom Slayer got deconfirmed by the executive producer though. Unlike Brian Jarred who is just a mere community director, Marty Stratton is the executive producer of IDsoft. So his statement carries more weight.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I wonder if Doomguy Mii Costume would bring music.

And speaking of music, how much music are you expecting with Chief? For some reason I'm seeing something like 15 songs.

Last edited:

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Doom Slayer got deconfirmed by the executive producer though. Unlike Brian Jarred who is just a mere community director, Marty Stratton is the executive producer of IDsoft. So his statement carries more weight.
While I agree that his comments about the character shouldn't be ignored, I never understand what people EXPECT developers to say in situations like this. They'd be under NDA.
If they said "well you never know..." people would take that as a confirmation.
If they said "I can't comment on that right now" that would basically be a confirmation.

If your character is getting into Smash and you are asked about it, you literally have to lie.

I don't think Marty is lying because I don't think Doomguy is our last fighter, but if he is, Marty can't just wink at the camera and let people know.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
While I agree that his comments about the character shouldn't be ignored, I never understand what people EXPECT developers to say in situations like this. They'd be under NDA.
If they said "well you never know..." people would take that as a confirmation.
If they said "I can't comment on that right now" that would basically be a confirmation.

If your character is getting into Smash and you are asked about it, you literally have to lie.

I don't think Marty is lying because I don't think Doomguy is our last fighter, but if he is, Marty can't just wink at the camera and let people know.
He could've simply deflected the question instead of going in details. I mean there is no reason that a community director should know detail, but the executive producer should be in discussion and negotiation. Difference in their ranks and the way they worded make huge difference.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I used to think Arbiter Swordfighter and Sergeant Johnson Gunner were no brainer, but the recent mii wave changed my view.

But, I will keep my opinion: Master Chief is either fighter or nothing.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I used to think Arbiter Swordfighter and Sergeant Johnson Gunner were no brainer, but the recent mii wave changed my view.

But, I will keep my opinion: Master Chief is either fighter or nothing.
I'm praying some way to play as the Arbiter. Even as a Mii I'll take it since an echo would too much to ask at this point.

I gotta ask, can Chief have 2 different versions of his default design from 2 games: like his default skins are with his Infinite armor & the others are with his Halo 3 armor? Or are they too minimal/drastic to do?

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I'm praying some way to play as the Arbiter. Even as a Mii I'll take it since an echo would too much to ask at this point.

I gotta ask, can Chief have 2 different versions of his default design from 2 games: like his default skins are with his Infinite armor & the others are with his Halo 3 armor? Or are they too minimal/drastic to do?
It's hard to say. I think I'm leaning on Infinite armor and 4,5 armor or Mark V (Halo 1). I can be wrong though.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Arbiter, it would definitely be cool if he was included in some way.
In an ideal world if Chief got in, they'd include Arbiter as an echo fighter. Getting an echo would be a cool bonus note to end the game's DLC with.

That's really wishful thinking though.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I think Shantae kinda gives me hope. I don't think there has been any demand from Japanese fanbase from what I know. Yet, Sakurai sited her as one of highly requested characters. I think that kinda hints that Sakurai doesn't mind if Japanese base gets shafted sometimes.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Speaking of Arbiter, it would definitely be cool if he was included in some way.
In an ideal world if Chief got in, they'd include Arbiter as an echo fighter. Getting an echo would be a cool bonus note to end the game's DLC with.

That's really wishful thinking though.
What look would they pick for him? I'd say Halo 2 or 3 armor would be ideal, but I can easily see them pick Halo 5 armor. All of them would be nice.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
If the wait is til December, then it'll be a dreadful one. Especially if it turns out to be a "downer" like many are trying to brace themselves for.
If we have to wait until December, then it’ll probably be at the Game Awards & I don’t think they’d have a downer ending. TGAs have had two of the most mind blowing reveals so far ( :ultjoker: :ultsephiroth:).

TGA reveal is honestly what I’m hoping for. I’ll be a bit nervous at a reveal in a general Direct since those have been a bit iffy (:ultinkling::ultisabelle::ult_terry::ultpyra:). Terry’s the only one I was particularly hyped for there. Inkling & Isabelle are cool but nothing I was dying for. Pyra is my second least favorite pick in Ultimate after Plant, blech.

I’ll lose all hope if the final character is revealed in their own “Sakurai Presents”. The Smash Directs during the base roster were HYPE (:ultsimon::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ultchrom::ultkrool::ultken::ultincineroar:), but the Sakurai Presents reveals have been very lackluster (:ultbylethf::ultminmin). So I’m not expecting that to change.

I wonder if Doomguy Mii Costume would bring music.

And speaking of music, how much music are you expecting with Chief? For some reason I'm seeing something like 15 songs.
15 would be great. Banjo & Steve were on the lower end of the music spectrum though, so I’d expect like 8.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
15 would be great. Banjo & Steve were on the lower end of the music spectrum though, so I’d expect like 8.
I would say Halo could have more music variety than Banjo & Steve.

Banjo has a problem of simply not having that many games (Let's be real, only 2 games people care about), and the ones he does have had music which would be very unfitting for a Smash battle, which meant most of the tracks would need to be remixed.

It seems like Steve had an issue where they couldn't use music from the actual game that everyone knows, so they instead had to look into more obscure material like spin-offs and minigames.

With this in mind I could see Halo having more music tracks. A lot of Halo music could just be plopped into Smash without needing to be remixed, and there's a much larger roster of games to choose from. With that said, I don't know the inner workings of Microsoft and Smash, so there could be factors I'm not considering.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I think Shantae kinda gives me hope. I don't think there has been any demand from Japanese fanbase from what I know. Yet, Sakurai sited her as one of highly requested characters. I think that kinda hints that Sakurai doesn't mind if Japanese base gets shafted sometimes.
Or she was just that big that she had relatively high requests even overseas in Japan.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Or she was just that big that she had relatively high requests even overseas in Japan.
That Sakurai's statement feels iffy.

This is the best I could find. If you can bring your own evidence, please be my guest.
My point is I seriously doubt she's more famous than Chief in Japan.
I don't remember Dragonborn being popular request ever. He got overshadowed Doom Slayer.
Japanese barely mentioned Dragonborn from what I know.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

This is the best I could find. If you can bring your own evidence, please be my guest.
I don't remember Dragonborn being popular request ever. He got overshadowed Doom Slayer.
Interesting piece of news......Maybe it's just the fact that he saw people requesting this characters a lot and thought they must've been largely asked for.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Welll, I'm not sure what to expect with Master Chief as it comes with Smash Bros. However, I am still excited about some Halo Infinite. The new information that came out in the 343 Community blog(a little condensed here) along with me listening/participating in the Halo Infinite Podcast has me pretty hyped! I do think that he still has a solid shot. But no matter what, we will be getting more of Chief soon.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

It’s hard to say how popular of a request he was, but Skyrim turned out to be pretty popular in Japan. There’s definitely some Skyrim influence on BOTW too.

Top Bottom