• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Update from Vergeben

Some people will say he is trying to make excues for 4 champions stuff. It's not black and white to be honest from sound of him.

And he really meant Master Chief reveal during E3. I don't know whether his old source was a spy or bait. Oh well.
I bet on King Zell anyway. No offense to Verge.
Based on this it sounds like he wasn't standing for Chief, he was more so on the agreement it was chief who's next however his sources was confusing since Kazuya was next, he tried to get into contact with his source sharer but couldn't reach out in time.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Update from Vergeben

Some people will say he is trying to make excues for 4 champions stuff. It's not black and white to be honest from sound of him.

And he really meant Master Chief reveal during E3. I don't know whether his old source was a spy or bait. Oh well.
I bet on King Zell anyway. No offense to Verge.
Do you know where Ver gets his sources from?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I also feel like as of right now, Chief is actually the only one being supported by the most trustful leakers out there like Ver or king zell. I've seen lots of them leaking Chief but no other characters. Not sora, not crash or doom slayer. Chief coming to smash feels......... inevitable for some reason. That's why i'm holding strong on him.
Yeah, it’s a bit suspicious that his name keeps floating around. I’m not sure how many characters have had their names floated around like that & not getting in. Maaaaybe Ryu Hayabusa but only like one guy backed him to my knowledge.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Very interesting. So, flaky source that Verge hasn't trusted for, what, a year, says that Chief is next. Verge jumps on this one? Can't vet it with his main source, but puts it out anyway? Kinda weird.

Hoping that Chief is still in fact in. Besides Verge, we still have the data mine stuff with "Master Chief' appearing in the eShop. So, all we can do is wait and see what comes from that.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hoping that Chief is still in fact in. Besides Verge, we still have the data mine stuff with "Master Chief' appearing in the eShop. So, all we can do is wait and see what comes from that.
None of that was an actual data mine.
It was just stuff they'd heard that they hid behind some code stuff and promptly deleted when they realised it was fake

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah, it’s a bit suspicious that his name keeps floating around. I’m not sure how many characters have had their names floated around like that & not getting in. Maaaaybe Ryu Hayabusa but only like one guy backed him to my knowledge.
This has been the story of the pass. Masterchief, Crash Bandicoot, Ryu Hayabusa, and Rayman have been constantly teased with no appearance. There was also a lot of stuff about Geno. It sounds like the leakers are pushing more who they want or who was popular with the base.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
This has been the story of the pass. Masterchief, Crash Bandicoot, Ryu Hayabusa, and Rayman have been constantly teased with no appearance. There was also a lot of stuff about Geno. It sounds like the leakers are pushing more who they want or who was popular with the base.
Sometimes I think that most leakers are just lucky guessers.
The real surprising characters like Terry, Sephiroth and Kazuya never have people talking about them before they get shown off.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
It was just stuff they'd heard that they hid behind some code stuff and promptly deleted when they realised it was fake
Oof. I didn't know that. When did that happen? I thought the girl found the Metroid V and Master Chief stuff, just privated her Twitter account to keep people from blowing her up.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oof. I didn't know that. When did that happen? I thought the girl found the Metroid V and Master Chief stuff, just privated her Twitter account to keep people from blowing her up.

She couldn't really verify the info she got and thought she was being irresponsible sharing it so she deleted them

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Crash & Rayman haven’t had anyone notable back them up, atleast as far as I’ve seen. The most notable stuff for Rayman involved Ubisoft’s guest service AI.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Well this verge update tells me that his info was probably entirely bunk, oh well.

Gonna still hold out some hope, but at this point I just want the last fighter to be interesting, regardless of whether or not it's Master Chief.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Well this verge update tells me that his info was probably entirely bunk, oh well.

Gonna still hold out some hope, but at this point I just want the last fighter to be interesting, regardless of whether or not it's Master Chief.
That's kind of what I'm hoping too. I have a few characters that I'd really like to see, but above everything else I just hope its interesting.
Half the DLC characters have been from JRPGs, you know? I'm hoping we get something different and unexpected. A western fps character would be really cool.

Kazuya is fine, but he's also an incredibly uninteresting character in terms of variety imo.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
That's kind of what I'm hoping too. I have a few characters that I'd really like to see, but above everything else I just hope its interesting.
Half the DLC characters have been from JRPGs, you know? I'm hoping we get something different and unexpected. A western fps character would be really cool.

Kazuya is fine, but he's also an incredibly uninteresting character in terms of variety imo.
Carefully where you say if your next to Kazuya.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Do you know where Ver gets his sources from?
I am just as blindsided as you are at this point.

We still have so many stuff going in our favor. Lots of teases from Microsoft like Switch on background on numerous occasions. Negotiation leak between Nintendo and Microsoft from Apple vs Epic court case.

I can't see Nintendo skipping on Chief when there would be Halo content on Nintendo platform. Nintendo goes all the way to get Banjo when they don't get Banjo games on Nintendo platform, yet Chief can't?

And I can't believe people mistake community director for developer. Brian is not a developer. We still don't know when Mojang's community manager was informed. We don't know if Brian is informed at all at this point. Even then, he said he doesn't have secret or inside info during FP2. So, that lines well up with "Nothing is happening that I am aware of." You either take both as truth or lie. No in between.

I'm really trying to keep my expectations in check. I got super bummed when neither Crash nor MC showed up at E3 as it seemed like their best shot. I don't want to go through that again...
Palutena was revealed during E3 while Pacman was later revealed offstage. Cloud was revealed in direct. You never know Nintendo's decision.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Albeit, Palutena was also revealed with the far more iconic Miis(though the Mii Fighter is a thing specific to Smash), so it's not like it's an example of a non-iconic character alone. They also had the same main gimmick(unique customs), which is part of why. Pac-Man was a closed event, but it was literally during E3's time, so he's not a perfect example of "not around E3". It was still a dumb idea to do it that way, imo, but I consider that too awkward of a case to really say much in context.

But yeah, the biggest guns don't need to be at an E3 event. Steve/Alex wasn't either. They were revealed way later as is, so not even close to June. And even then, Nintendo is very much spreading them out. I could absolutely see Master Chief in a September direct. Or Crash. Etc. Big guns are useful to throw into E3, but that's just something that's nice to do, not required. I mean, VGA was used for Sephiroth, too. VGA is a US-only thing, and more appeals to the West. It's not really a big deal for other countries, so any neat event can be used. And sometimes no events are.

There's the theory Steve/Alex were meant for E3, but considering Min Min required a two delays(he said in both March and May to keep waiting), they were not really close to being shown off with each other. Steve/Alex was likely delayed due to gameplay reasons(redoing every stage), and then delayed to fit with Minecon. I could see August at the earliest if MInecon wasn't a factor. Gameplay delays do happen, meaning that they sometimes have to move up a date, even if it annoys the IP holders. That's different from trying to change things up for "perfect timing". Sakurai can't release what's not done, etc. This also means the IP Holders have to be talked to. LIkely, the exact reason Steve/Alex was near Minecon is due to the talks realizing it was the best option.

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123
I don't think it's fake because Metroid V DID happen. The one thing that makes that source at least reliable is that Metroid V became real and the rest of the code being "apparent" later down the line. While some people claims Metroid being "easy to guess." No, it wasn't. Do you have any idea what type of Metroid game they're making? A port? A spinoff? A remake? None of those things. The source went out of its way to claim the number "5" on the title. Which ended up being revealed 1st thing seeing the Metroid Dread gameplay at E3. Thus making it at least have some credibility. Also, the only reason why it was deleted because it wasn't being verified. That's the only reason really. Not being fake. Being fake and unverified are two separate things.

Last edited:

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123
I'm seeing a lot of people on twitter acting like Vergeben's recent statement counts Chief out entirely. Did I miss something?
The comments here are so doom and gloom https://twitter.com/Vet_093/status/1407753244894502916
I am friends with that guy and the one who posted the reddit post to him. It was my fault if you want to know who cause the tweet to happen. Although in my DMS with him, I told him it wasn't a huge issue.

I still have confidence for Chief at CP11. It's just yeah while Verge did receive the info from a different source, which claims has a higher % of being wrong, I don't think this secondary source would be wrong for this one. It's just that it claims to be Chief 100% and not any character. At least with the BOTW champions, Verge explained it wasn't for Smash, which at least gets rid of his dishonestly and a little credibility back.

The bright look to view this is that Chief is at least being name-dropped atm. While other characters are not. And this is happening during the fall, which is like I claim in my previous post, being aligned perfectly w/ end of FP2. It could be MCC though, but we have to wait and see.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
For safety purposes it's best to expect a recent character as the last character, namely 1st party. They've usually ended on a low note, and just because this is the end of smash doesn't mean that can't happen again.

I'm aware that another Byleth situation can't be fully prevented, but maybe it can be toned down a bit. It's better to be dissapointed than being angry.

If we do end up with a 3rd party as the last, then the only character I want is Chief, otherwise any 1st party is fine (though I'm pokemon biased).

Last edited:

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123
Hi everyone. Back on a third time. I saw the Vergeben post as soon as it's up. And how sad it was. To bring forth to this matter. He doesn't know if Chief is coming or not. And that's due to the fact that if his old source is being reliable or not. Just to at least bring in some happiness, there is something to give hope to. At least 2 things in fact.

1. The unknown source from the Switch dataminer - I explained this in my previous post. But to explain it again. The Switch dataminer receives 4 codes which had to be decrypted. One of the first lines was funky and assumed it was bait. The 4th code was hard to decrypt. But the other 2 were fine and revealed both Metroid 5 and Chief. One of the 4 codes ended up being true due to being revealed at E3, known as Metroid Dread (Which before the title was shown, the first thing they reveal first was Metroid 5, then renamed).

What gives his source to have ANY credibility is that 1 of the 4 things becoming true. It wouldn't be bait because if it were bait, why leak Metroid 5 into the codes and then have it actually revealed and happened? And not only that, it wasn't listed as Metroid alone, which a lot of people are gonna assume it's either a new game, a port, remake, or spinoff. No. It LISTED as Metroid 5 alone, which ended up being happened.

Chief really shouldn't be bait. Not by both leakers and Nintendo themselves either. If it were Nintendo, that would just complicate their relationship. And would contradict their relationship. And not to mention, why Chief specifically? Why not mention any other character like Sora or Crash? Or someone who's more known in Japan, since people claimed Chief isn't popular there. Why not mention one of their own characters like Toad, Pokemon, or Bandana Dee? On their end, it would be confusing. If it were leakers, it would give less credibility to their other source, like Metroid 5. Which DID happened as I mentioned.

Not to mention the dataminer heard the unknown source claimed to be "down the line" meaning not mostly at E3.

It's unknown what's going down with this source currently. But the codes/tweets were deleted because it wasn't being verified, With no way of knowing. But I'm certain it has credibility due to 1 of the 4 being real.

We could also speculate Verge having the same source as the dataminer, but I doubt it kinda since Verge claims to know this source for a while. It's unknown how long the dataminer knows the source, but I doubt their source are the same.

2. Amiibo Theory - Do you remember amiibo theory? The one made by the famous PapaGenos lol? Well to remember Amiibo Theory accurately, here is the video made by him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz2TYQj2qY4

To recap amiibo theory, the amiibo website shows the dates of when the wave of amiibos will be releasing. Somewhere closes to their release date (max period 30 days BEFORE / lowest 2 or 1 day BEFORE or AFTER ) coincides with any of the DLC fighter's presentations. This is only for Smash waves by the way. This is important to know because when Kayuza revealed or at least 30 days before the E3, the amiibo website was not updated for any Smash waves. There are updates on the amiibo websites however since both the Metroid 5 Samus and EMMI amiibos are on both regions (NA and Japan vers.) So it seems they aren't forgetting any of the Smash amiibos by accident. The last time they show any amiibos was with Steve's presentation, showing the end of FP1.

Since then, none of the amiibos from FP2 are being shown as of yet. FP1 amiibos were shown first at Min Min's presentation, but that's because before FP1 amiibos was shown, Richter and Dark Samus amiibos were shown for the last base game roster amiibos at Byleth's presentation (before Min Min was release). With that last comment in mind, It doesn't seem like they are waiting till FP2 is complete. However. there's a strong case the next wave of amiibos (start of FP2), are not at Kayuza presentation. Likely because the next wave of Smash amiibos is not up on the website, which would be first before any of the DLC's presentations.

Why is this important you may ask? Well only for two things. Timing and correlations. The timing is to know when is happening. The easiest way to predict when the next Smash presentation is through amiibo theory, which as I mentioned previously, can happen before 3 weeks or after 3 weeks. It's just the site has to be first to know. That's how people are able to predict when's the next Smash presentations easily.

Now the second and the most important part for Chief speculation is correlations. The next wave of amiibos SHOULD be Min Min and Steve at least. Or at least Min Min, but I doubt it would be only Min Min. The most they showed is 2. The thing is, Steve is part of Microsoft like Chief. So let's say Chief WERE to be CP11, it would make SENSE to have Steve amiibo shown along with Chief. Microsoft to Microsoft.

Although there are doubts for this to be accurate. Like for example, Heihachi Mii showed alongside Min Min's presentation. The thing is, both of those characters are both fighting characters in a fighting genre. THAT's the correlation between the two. Although yea, companies are different between the two and it would make sense to have a Tekken Mii next to a Tekken character. The other thing is, there is more than 1 Bandai Namco Mii. And is also appearing as a mii again, Lloyd. Since Lloyd is part of Bandai, it makes sense to have it on Kayuza's presentation. And nobody is expecting Lloyd to be a playable fighter (2 Bandai's in a row) nor is it going off of CP10 presentation. That's both TIMING and CORRELATION. It is possible to have amiibos shown at the presentation first though because I believe it did happen before. But unsure, however. I believe the amiibo website should always go first. But there should always be a correlation of some form between the fighter and subject (Mii or amiibos). Mii theory does play a part in this kinda.

So to conclude the second point, if there aren't any amiibos shown at Kayuza's presentation (or at least Min Min only shown and not Steve). It's likely it's going to be at CP11's presentation, which correlates very well with a certain Microsoft character.

Finally, I want to counter a recent argument of people claiming that "E3" was Chief's last shot. It's not. They reveal big-name characters in the past before in regular Nintendo Directs or have separate directs. For example like Cloud. Cloud was revealed for Smash 4 at a general Nintendo Direct. And Steve was revealed in his own Smash direct trailer separately 3 days before his presentation. At E3, they also reveal smaller characters before too like Palutena, Villager, etc... The only thing I can confidently say is that Nintendo doesn't care if they reveal big-name fighters in a regular direct. That's probably the only thing they don't care for. And plus Chief's slogan of "finishing the fight" makes him have a chance at least. Can you name one character who has a business-marketing slogan like "finish the fight" like Chief? That's at least give him some chance towards being CP11. Not to mention the fall collaboration between the two companies happening. Which could be ANYTHING, but not game pass.

In conclusion, we may have taken a hint from Vergeben, but in truth, he doesn't know if Chief is CP11 or not. It may be a hit for us, but it's not over yet. That's ONE of MANY things we have in our favor. And still, it gives us a fighting chance unlike other big-name characters who have nothing to support them at the moment. Do not give out hope. It's not over till it's over. We have to finish the fight. Stay safe everyone. I will try to keep posting more to bring more light to this. Finish the fight.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think it's fake because Metroid V DID happen. The one thing that makes that source at least reliable is that Metroid V became real and the rest of the code being "apparent" later down the line. While some people claims Metroid being "easy to guess." No, it wasn't. Do you have any idea what type of Metroid game they're making? A port? A spinoff? A remake? None of those things. The source went out of its way to claim the number "5" on the title. Which ended up being revealed 1st thing seeing the Metroid Dread gameplay at E3. Thus making it at least have some credibility. Also, the only reason why it was deleted because it wasn't being verified. That's the only reason really. Not being fake. Being fake and unverified are two separate things.

Metroid V has been a strong rumour going around since what, 2019?

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123
Metroid V has been a strong rumour going around since what, 2019?
And it didn't came into light since what, 2021?
And I'm assuming that rumor came from Vergeben from this post: https://www.reddit.com/user/DasVergeben/comments/o6alh2/update_on_things/?sort=new

Even so, it doesn't excuse the fact Metroid V was being "easy" to guess. Can you tell me if Breath of the Wlid Age of Calamity was easy to guess? That it released BEFORE BoTW2 was still in development?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And it didn't came into light since what, 2021?
And I'm assuming that rumor came from Vergeben from this post: https://www.reddit.com/user/DasVergeben/comments/o6alh2/update_on_things/?sort=new

Even so, it doesn't excuse the fact Metroid V was being "easy" to guess. Can you tell me if Breath of the Wlid Age of Calamity was easy to guess? That it released BEFORE BoTW2 was still in development?
A lot of people thought MercurySteam would work on a new Metroid game in general after Samus Returns did surprisingly well, with the game having a lot of shoutouts to Fusion and hinting at new Chozo lore. I believe you've misinterpretted my argument too, it's not that Verge got a lucky guess and we shouldn't trust him at all, it's that the encrypted message you mentioned calling Dread doesn't make everything on there legit so you shouldn't 100% expect Chief just because of it

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123
A lot of people thought MercurySteam would work on a new Metroid game in general after Samus Returns did surprisingly well, with the game having a lot of shoutouts to Fusion and hinting at new Chozo lore. I believe you've misinterpretted my argument too, it's not that Verge got a lucky guess and we shouldn't trust him at all, it's that the encrypted message you mentioned calling Dread doesn't make everything on there legit so you shouldn't 100% expect Chief just because of it
I'm not too big on the Metroid lore. I can't really comment on the Metroid things happening. However, I will counter your argument by saying, "While everything may not be legit in those codes, it does go well into alignment with another piece of evidence." I mentioned this earlier in my post. But you claimed to have MecurySteam work on a new Metroid game because Samus Returns did well? Is that your piece of evidence of why "Metroid Dread" came into existence? Well, that's one key piece for you. However for my key piece, is the Nintendo x Microsoft collaboration that's happening in the fall, whatever it may be. And as you saw in that screenshot from my FIRST post, it's not all at E3 and "down the line" aligning well with the Microsoft x Nintendo collaboration. I argue that Chief evidence to be a possible collaboration, whatever it is. And I'm hoping it would be for Smash.

I disagree with your comment. We can leave it at that.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
IF that rumored Nintendo x Microsoft collaboration does exist.
We already know not every rumor is a true leak
Yeah that's a big "if".
We've definitely got some reasons to believe something is in the works- especially since Phil Spencer usually puts hints in the background of his update videos and he had a Switch in one recently.

That being said, we don't have any confirmation of an event taking place in the fall so its best to keep our expectations in check.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I agree that there is no confirmation... but very strong hints from multiple people.
There is also the fact that Nintendo asked Microsoft representative to redact portion of conversation that has negotiation between Nintendo and Microsoft during Epic vs Apple court case.
That was pretty recent.
I'm just cautiously optimistic.

BTW, does fall start at September? I think fall ranges from September to October.
We should be hearing something at least by October.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I agree that there is no confirmation... but very strong hints from multiple people.
There is also the fact that Nintendo asked Microsoft representative to redact portion of conversation that has negotiation between Nintendo and Microsoft during Epic vs Apple court case.
That was pretty recent.
I'm just cautiously optimistic.

BTW, does fall start at September? I think fall ranges from September to October.
We should be hearing something at least by October.
Could you post the screenshots of the redacted portion of conversation emerged in the court case? I remember I saw them some weeks ago, but can't remember exactly what was said and now I don't know how to find them again

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Could you post the screenshots of the redacted portion of conversation emerged in the court case? I remember I saw them some weeks ago, but can't remember exactly what was said and now I don't know how to find them again

This is the link. You can go there and see the screenshots of the document.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I didn't mean for my last post to sound pessimistic. I just think it's important not to get TOO excited just in case nothing happens.

I personally do think that they've got some plans for the fall. I definitely think there's a real possibility of Gamepass streaming coming to Switch. The Master Chief Collection is also a possibility. Whatever they've got going on, putting Master Chief in Smash during this big cooperative event would make a ton of sense and would explain why he wasn't shown at E3.

I think an event like this taking place in the fall is our best shot at seeing Chief, Doomguy, or any other Microsoft character.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Yeah I didn't mean for my last post to sound pessimistic. I just think it's important not to get TOO excited just in case nothing happens.

I personally do think that they've got some plans for the fall. I definitely think there's a real possibility of Gamepass streaming coming to Switch. The Master Chief Collection is also a possibility. Whatever they've got going on, putting Master Chief in Smash during this big cooperative event would make a ton of sense and would explain why he wasn't shown at E3.

I think an event like this taking place in the fall is our best shot at seeing Chief, Doomguy, or any other Microsoft character.
To be fair with you, I read people saying that all the time but Doomguy really isnt Microsoft material. Microsoft just owns besthesta. Doomguy was made from the minds of another studio. To me he's not Microsoft. Its like saying Spiderman is a Disney character which isnt true because Disney never created the character. Just pointing that out lol if its another Microsoft character, it will be their mascot MC.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
To be fair with you, I read people saying that all the time but Doomguy really isnt Microsoft material. Microsoft just owns besthesta. Doomguy was made from the minds of another studio. To me he's not Microsoft. Its like saying Spiderman is a Disney character which isnt true because Disney never created the character. Just pointing that out lol if its another Microsoft character, it will be their mascot MC.
Technically, Microsoft bought Bungie while they were developing Halo for Mac. Steve Jobs later got furious over this, so Bill Gates had to calm him down with Mac port promise. Still, you can say Xbox was born with Halo.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Also, as Lion pointed out, MC was purchased. Not only that, but the other two Microsoft characters in Smash? Both purchased by Microsoft.

And, yeah, Spider-Man is owned by Disney, along with the rest of thr Marvel cast. Same with DC characters belonging to Warner Bros. Being bought doesn't make the character "less" Microsoft/Disney/whatever. Just part of it.

Besides, MS advertises Doom Slayer with all the other big characters they own. It's awesome to see, and MS really wants people to think MS when consumers see these characters.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Hi everyone. Back on a third time. I saw the Vergeben post as soon as it's up. And how sad it was. To bring forth to this matter. He doesn't know if Chief is coming or not. And that's due to the fact that if his old source is being reliable or not. Just to at least bring in some happiness, there is something to give hope to. At least 2 things in fact.

1. The unknown source from the Switch dataminer - I explained this in my previous post. But to explain it again. The Switch dataminer receives 4 codes which had to be decrypted. One of the first lines was funky and assumed it was bait. The 4th code was hard to decrypt. But the other 2 were fine and revealed both Metroid 5 and Chief. One of the 4 codes ended up being true due to being revealed at E3, known as Metroid Dread (Which before the title was shown, the first thing they reveal first was Metroid 5, then renamed).

What gives his source to have ANY credibility is that 1 of the 4 things becoming true. It wouldn't be bait because if it were bait, why leak Metroid 5 into the codes and then have it actually revealed and happened? And not only that, it wasn't listed as Metroid alone, which a lot of people are gonna assume it's either a new game, a port, remake, or spinoff. No. It LISTED as Metroid 5 alone, which ended up being happened.

Chief really shouldn't be bait. Not by both leakers and Nintendo themselves either. If it were Nintendo, that would just complicate their relationship. And would contradict their relationship. And not to mention, why Chief specifically? Why not mention any other character like Sora or Crash? Or someone who's more known in Japan, since people claimed Chief isn't popular there. Why not mention one of their own characters like Toad, Pokemon, or Bandana Dee? On their end, it would be confusing. If it were leakers, it would give less credibility to their other source, like Metroid 5. Which DID happened as I mentioned.

Not to mention the dataminer heard the unknown source claimed to be "down the line" meaning not mostly at E3.

It's unknown what's going down with this source currently. But the codes/tweets were deleted because it wasn't being verified, With no way of knowing. But I'm certain it has credibility due to 1 of the 4 being real.

We could also speculate Verge having the same source as the dataminer, but I doubt it kinda since Verge claims to know this source for a while. It's unknown how long the dataminer knows the source, but I doubt their source are the same.

2. Amiibo Theory - Do you remember amiibo theory? The one made by the famous PapaGenos lol? Well to remember Amiibo Theory accurately, here is the video made by him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz2TYQj2qY4

To recap amiibo theory, the amiibo website shows the dates of when the wave of amiibos will be releasing. Somewhere closes to their release date (max period 30 days BEFORE / lowest 2 or 1 day BEFORE or AFTER ) coincides with any of the DLC fighter's presentations. This is only for Smash waves by the way. This is important to know because when Kayuza revealed or at least 30 days before the E3, the amiibo website was not updated for any Smash waves. There are updates on the amiibo websites however since both the Metroid 5 Samus and EMMI amiibos are on both regions (NA and Japan vers.) So it seems they aren't forgetting any of the Smash amiibos by accident. The last time they show any amiibos was with Steve's presentation, showing the end of FP1.

Since then, none of the amiibos from FP2 are being shown as of yet. FP1 amiibos were shown first at Min Min's presentation, but that's because before FP1 amiibos was shown, Richter and Dark Samus amiibos were shown for the last base game roster amiibos at Byleth's presentation (before Min Min was release). With that last comment in mind, It doesn't seem like they are waiting till FP2 is complete. However. there's a strong case the next wave of amiibos (start of FP2), are not at Kayuza presentation. Likely because the next wave of Smash amiibos is not up on the website, which would be first before any of the DLC's presentations.

Why is this important you may ask? Well only for two things. Timing and correlations. The timing is to know when is happening. The easiest way to predict when the next Smash presentation is through amiibo theory, which as I mentioned previously, can happen before 3 weeks or after 3 weeks. It's just the site has to be first to know. That's how people are able to predict when's the next Smash presentations easily.

Now the second and the most important part for Chief speculation is correlations. The next wave of amiibos SHOULD be Min Min and Steve at least. Or at least Min Min, but I doubt it would be only Min Min. The most they showed is 2. The thing is, Steve is part of Microsoft like Chief. So let's say Chief WERE to be CP11, it would make SENSE to have Steve amiibo shown along with Chief. Microsoft to Microsoft.

Although there are doubts for this to be accurate. Like for example, Heihachi Mii showed alongside Min Min's presentation. The thing is, both of those characters are both fighting characters in a fighting genre. THAT's the correlation between the two. Although yea, companies are different between the two and it would make sense to have a Tekken Mii next to a Tekken character. The other thing is, there is more than 1 Bandai Namco Mii. And is also appearing as a mii again, Lloyd. Since Lloyd is part of Bandai, it makes sense to have it on Kayuza's presentation. And nobody is expecting Lloyd to be a playable fighter (2 Bandai's in a row) nor is it going off of CP10 presentation. That's both TIMING and CORRELATION. It is possible to have amiibos shown at the presentation first though because I believe it did happen before. But unsure, however. I believe the amiibo website should always go first. But there should always be a correlation of some form between the fighter and subject (Mii or amiibos). Mii theory does play a part in this kinda.

So to conclude the second point, if there aren't any amiibos shown at Kayuza's presentation (or at least Min Min only shown and not Steve). It's likely it's going to be at CP11's presentation, which correlates very well with a certain Microsoft character.

Finally, I want to counter a recent argument of people claiming that "E3" was Chief's last shot. It's not. They reveal big-name characters in the past before in regular Nintendo Directs or have separate directs. For example like Cloud. Cloud was revealed for Smash 4 at a general Nintendo Direct. And Steve was revealed in his own Smash direct trailer separately 3 days before his presentation. At E3, they also reveal smaller characters before too like Palutena, Villager, etc... The only thing I can confidently say is that Nintendo doesn't care if they reveal big-name fighters in a regular direct. That's probably the only thing they don't care for. And plus Chief's slogan of "finishing the fight" makes him have a chance at least. Can you name one character who has a business-marketing slogan like "finish the fight" like Chief? That's at least give him some chance towards being CP11. Not to mention the fall collaboration between the two companies happening. Which could be ANYTHING, but not game pass.

In conclusion, we may have taken a hint from Vergeben, but in truth, he doesn't know if Chief is CP11 or not. It may be a hit for us, but it's not over yet. That's ONE of MANY things we have in our favor. And still, it gives us a fighting chance unlike other big-name characters who have nothing to support them at the moment. Do not give out hope. It's not over till it's over. We have to finish the fight. Stay safe everyone. I will try to keep posting more to bring more light to this. Finish the fight.
Has Nwplayer posted anything recently? I’m curious to see what they’ve been saying.

The Amiibo theory is neat but I wouldn’t put too much faith into it just yet. Hero’s Amiibo wasn’t shown with Sephiroth & Square’s been pretty strict with stuff like Square Miis only coming with their characters. So I don’t think MS would really care since they seem a lot more lenient in general.

This is the link. You can go there and see the screenshots of the document.
I wonder if one of those could correlate to Microsoft using both Fortnite & Smash to promote Halo: Infinite. 🤔

It’s probably just GamePass stuff but that second document is completely blacked out so who knows whats

Top Bottom