• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I haven't looked at some statistics yet...

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
I remember that in Melee, Rest was the hardest hitting non charged move. Is this correct for Brawl? Just so I can be sure.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
What was sakurai thinking nerfing rest?

Jigglypuff wasn't anywhere close to broken, so why was she nerfed?

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Bring bak teh epic rest (event match 51 made easy.)

heck make it flame and flower XD

Metatitan

Smash Master

Sakurai hates jigglypuff. That's why he set out to make her one of the three worst characters in the game. If it weren't for her recovery she'd probably be about as useless as ganondorf. The funny thing is it took him 3 games to make her completely **** LOL.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245

Jigglypuff stayed exactly the same from in melee. Thats the reason she got nerfed. She didn't get any upgrades to coop with the new physics engine.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Jigglypuff stayed exactly the same from in melee. Thats the reason she got nerfed. She didn't get any upgrades to coop with the new physics engine.
melee jiggz had a ground game. Brawl jiggz has start up frames up the *** on all smash attacks. F-air, rollout, u-tilt and dash attack aside, she got nerfed in nearly every way possible.

Miles.

Smash Champion
now I'm starting to think you're trolling. :mad::lick::confused:
Nope.

Jigz is my second main. I play her in tourney and win with her soo I am really familiar with the character so please list ALL these moves that KO so much better please.

=)

Also I am being very civil and I am actually referencing things.

you are being vague and ambiguous.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Rest is pretty good for a Jigglypuff move as it kills earlier then most of her others. But when compared to other characters moves, rest isn't so good anymore as it was in...melee. Also, there are other moves that have equal killing power or even more killing power then rest, the difference being that they don't have such risk.

That aside, rest isn't horrible.

:094:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Rest may be much weaker than in Melee, but it still kills Mario at around 75%, which I'd say isn't too shabby for a move that comes out in one frame. Of course, you have to be extra careful about when you use it due to ending lag, but then you had to be careful of when to use it in Melee as well surely? FSmash kills almost as well as Rest, but that's slow as **** so it doesn't count. Fair kills at around 120%, as long as you haven't staled it. And on the plus side, if it does kill, you don't have the problem of them respawning fats enough to attack you while you're asleep.

tl;dr Rest is weaker, but it does have its uses still.

Miles.

Smash Champion
this is brawl not melee.

yes it isnt melee rest that killed at 40.

killing DDD at 120 is hella legit.

r3d d09

Smash Master
As i keep picking up jiggz more and more, basically my main now, I land a few rests during a game, I even use it at low percentages, what this does for me is that i can fake rest and trick then, they shield and i abuse it. I'm no pro with jiggz. I just have mind games that the locals have a hard time cooping with.

jiggz ftw, even with the weak(er) rest.

Top Bottom