• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have one question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drephen

Smash Master
Mic128: Theres no ganging up in here cause all mods and all midwesterns can post in this thread, while in forum disputes its still 1 vs 4. You mods keep in contact all the time and prolly have a thread all to yourself so it wouldnt be hard to drag all the mods in here. I really think this thread is this fairest.

Still even if drewboo8 didnt post more than jiano he still shoulda been banned just like the other people who posted in that thread. Bad moderating? Dunno what the hell happened to trail.

McLovin

Smash Rookie
WoZ = noob at myspace passwords and whatnot. How u gonna get phished WoZ don't click those links in them BS bulletins.

fdv_learn2mod

Smash Rookie
Thanks for avoiding every one of DrewB008's points, mods.

All this boils down to is "Yes, fdv failed at modding, in 2 weeks everything will be over with."

So is it really ok?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
****, I love the Midwest.

Now for some Mid/South spam.
I realize I have little right to spam since I'm not from the MidWest, but I love you guys.
ARE YOU OKAY!?

POWA WAVE!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No, Hoefler totally deserved to get banned. He completely crossed the line by posting on a forum. We should learn from his mistakes and thank the mods for going so easy on us.
what you did there

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
why do mods not justify anything done, admit to us that they completely understand why we did what we did, but then not reverse the bans?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
It's like someone got thrown in jail for murder, but then when DNA proves them innocent theyre forced to stay in jail for fighting the crime.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
and they know they can just argue with us for 2 weeks about it, and when the bans lift then win. <3 power abuse

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Problem: Mods vs MW

Holy Frijoles! **** the man, save the Jiano!
My completely unasked for two cents entering the problem like a week late and sucking at smash anyways: (I am an English major though...)

Come for the Smash, stay for the community.
So what you're saying is...we don't always discuss smash related things here? And that the community we feel with other smashers is what makes these forums enjoyable in the long run? And in a regional zone forum, since those are the people we probably play closest with, we are probably going to feel the most community with them? And since I generally despise the merit level of the chumps in, for example melee discussion, or perhaps Media Metropolis, I probably wouldn't feel much community for them. While on the other hand, someone like, I don't know, Jiano, who I respect as a player, and have at least met so I know he's a decent guy, I would feel more community for? So, when I'm looking to build on the community that keeps these boards enjoyable, it would be more worthwhile for me to do so in my regional zone, as opposed to other places? And so when our (here it comes again) community building naturally leads us away from directly smash related topics, it would still be healthier for us as a growing smash (and again) community to follow such natural progression within our group, as opposed to doing so among those whom we despise, and have no (what number is this?) community with?

Oh, ok I get it now, thanks. [/irony]

Might I also add, that it has already been brought up that there's never been an overt problem with spam in the MW before (I would add that Kish is gifted for his subtle touch at keeping us neat, while letting us have fun), and had it not been deemed necessary by those involved, it wouldn't have happened this time. Eventually, things will settle back to normalcy, but that won't reverse the fact that we in the MW feel betrayed by those in charge.

That's not what happened at all. What actually happened was that someone posted in the Staffer shack that 5150, after finally doing the right thing was acting stupid again and could we keep an eye out. FDV checked his latest posts, saw they were spam and followed the trail to the Midwest forums, and the topics therein.
He could not have know they were spam simply by the content of the posts, as they were on topic (if obnoxious). So he entered the topic, saw it was in MW, then decided that instead of closing it, he would just ban <s>random<s> certain people in it. DASauce wasn't banned for starting it, wasn't even awarded points that I can tell. WTF, mate? That is not the larger issue though.

The larger issue, is that the mods have defended FDV's actions even when they admit that they were unwarrantably harsh, and unbalanced. Mods vs. MW anyone? What can we do? There has been no repercussions for FDV for abusing his power. All this tells us is that you people can't do your jobs. If you read this thread you see the mods parroting the same responses over and over.

First, it was that they spammed and it was against the rules, no discussion. When it was pointed out that the punishment was handed out unevenly and unfairly (not to mention the very real objection that it is not explicitly an offense at all), the tone changed.

FDV then declared the en masse spamming "immature" and that became the defense for the mods, including with it, that because of this the bans were now unrepealable (irrepealable, unreppealable?) and it was our fault. When it was shown that this was our only means of action left open to us (and the mods agree'd)

You're right, mathos. Supposing that you had no idea how our side was handling things, you turned to the few options you had in your mind of what it could have been. FDV closing those threads made it seem like something it's not and influenced your assumptions. I can't apologize for him, but I do understand the situation.

We take matters seriously whenever they are brought up to the staff. Please keep that in mind in the future.
It's simply left at "Oh well, it's over now."

So... I'm left wondering, wtf? You can't just stop talking about it. I want FDV to apologize for his seriously inappropriate action. You simply cannot justify the bannings, and leaving him unreprimanded, and the bans intact only enforces the conclusion that you mods just stick together regardless of right or wrong, and don't care about us.

If he has been reprimanded, then TELL US! (We don't need to know specifics) Just like you need to tell us when you're discussing the problem so we don't have to take it into our own hands. We are a mob, we need some sort of feedback. More so, than just FDV's tyrannical, thread/communication closing b@ hammer. Otherwise, we act like a mob.

So there's my two <s>cents</s> dollars. MW love. The hot and funky kind. Sorry for the tense/subject changes. It was basically a rant.

I'd like to think I've addressed the problem reasonably (if not exactly unbiased) and I'd be happy to repaste it in another thread if it will be of more use there. The problem is "over" but certainly not resolved.

EDit: Lawl, how did j get in there?

fdv_learn2mod

Smash Rookie
It's fdv, not jdv.

Anyway, I stand by my user name. fdv needs to learn what a moderator does, because he clearly doesn't understand. We've pointed out many instances where the mods were wrong, and yet they keep going "lol its over in 2 weeks its np lol!"

They know fdv sucks at modding, they're just buddy-buddy with each other and aren't going to do anything about it.

Drephen

Smash Master
yeah i do kinda suspect that somone made FDV a mod cause they were friends. I mean half the mods are in australia so mean its very possible.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So what you're saying is...we don't always discuss smash related things here? And that the community we feel with other smashers is what makes these forums enjoyable in the long run? And in a regional zone forum, since those are the people we probably play closest with, we are probably going to feel the most community with them? And since I generally despise the merit level of the chumps in, for example melee discussion, or perhaps Media Metropolis, I probably wouldn't feel much community for them. While on the other hand, someone like, I don't know, Jiano, who I respect as a player, and have at least met so I know he's a decent guy, I would feel more community for? So, when I'm looking to build on the community that keeps these boards enjoyable, it would be more worthwhile for me to do so in my regional zone, as opposed to other places?
No, because the SWF community means the entire town, not just a single block. If you want to discus something non-smash, use the General Midwest topic Cra$h posted, or go to other rooms, or even use AIM or MSN or something.

He could not have know they were spam simply by the content of the posts, as they were on topic (if obnoxious). So he entered the topic, saw it was in MW, then decided that instead of closing it, he would just ban <s>random<s> certain people in it. DASauce wasn't banned for starting it, wasn't even awarded points that I can tell. WTF, mate? That is not the larger issue though.
More blatent (and incorrect) assumptions. He didn't ban people, he just gave out warning poiints, and as bad luck would have it, some people had enough points to be banned. He didn't walk in and go "I'll just ban them instead of warning them"

There has been no repercussions for FDV for abusing his power.
That you know about. We have the Staffer Shack for discussing this, and all issues regarding this, not to mention the Sennate, where the Admins have been talking about this too.

So... I'm left wondering, wtf? You can't just stop talking about it. I want FDV to apologize for his seriously inappropriate action.
You said yourself you're a week late. Go back and reread the older posts, he did apologise earlier.

If he has been reprimanded, then TELL US!
This is not forum desputes, nor are we going to talk about what goes on between closed doors. I know I'm not watning to answer this point at all because I don't want to discus the end result with people who are most likely going to make accounts of "FDV_GOT_PUNISHED" or similar.

yeah i do kinda suspect that somone made FDV a mod cause they were friends. I mean half the mods are in australia so mean its very possible.
I'd suggest going to a new school. We have a huge total of 51 mods, only 4 are Australian.

Complete List

And to be honest, I doubt I'll be posting again here, with all these people coming in late and reposting the same stuff that's been adressed, I'm getting tired of repeating what's already been said.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
When mods keep using the same silly arguments for why it wasn't a completely bogus affair I believe I am justified.

So...and it's been said before: When you warn someone three times in a row you are banning them. That is not a warning, because it does not warn. And "banning per infraction" is ridiculous and you know it since only some posters were "warned a lot."

FDV called us childish and immature...was that an apology? And he rationalized that his actions may have not been what we expected, but he did not say sorry, unless it was in a PM, or on another account...or the search function is broken.

Mods = Still not willing to admit this was bogus, and keeping Jiano and Co. banned to save face.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Jebus... we all know what happened, we all know how gay it was, and we all know how it was handled whether we agreed with it or not. This is beating a dead horse beyond recognition. I'll just wait for the inevitable “JIANOS BACK!!!” thread to come out for continued hilarity.

/unsubscribe

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Jebus... we all know what happened, we all know how gay it was, and we all know how it was handled whether we agreed with it or not. This is beating a dead horse beyond recognition. I'll just wait for the inevitable “JIANOS BACK!!!” thread to come out for continued hilarity.

/unsubscribe
More like the "(player) is BACK!!! And now with more mod hatred!"

I forsee an increase in spam in the near future :(

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Another zombie thread?

For the record, this thread is why we have a social room, although we don't really seem to use it much for off-topic stuff. And one Fierce Deity Vegeta is no longer a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom