• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have one question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Of course. I told you that threads like that in Atlantic North are guilty of it.

The issue is creating threads that are personally dedicated to it.

Edit: Crashman's is an exception if Kishprime and the other mods agree to it.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
actually unbanning anyone who went from 0 points to being banned would be solving it, especially hoefler, who only has like 6 posts in the past week and went from 0 to banned.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Oh, I skipped over Drew's first response.

Let me assure you that mathos' topic has gotten attention, with McFox and other admin helping him resolve the issue.

mathos

Smash Champion
Everything stated in my forum dispute has been restated on in these recent thread, both by the offended and the administration.

Many problems were resolved via technical standpoint, as they have the right to do so.

Other disputes weren't answered as they disagree with the mindset/state of mind.

Drephen

Smash Master
soooooooo uhhhhh if we create a room titled "Midwest discussion room" and talk about how hot misty is and which x-men is the best thats okay? But if its labled "Misty is hot" or "X-men" its not okay? Seems like we are being honest if anything. And almost every thread on smashboards has gotten off topic like this.

Still doesnt warrant a ****ing BAN.

i would like a mod to respond to my post on the previous page also plz
Look, im still pissed off on why Jiano got randomly targeted out of everybody? Like if you look back in the thread, the tournament creator and other people that posted didnt get warned.

Is it because FDV is a horrible moderator that thinks "Ive seen Jiano's name before, i should TEACH HIM A LESSON CAUSE I AM A MOD AND THEREFORE AND BETTER THAN HIM MORALLY" or cause he gets owned by drephiano<----http://youtube.com/watch?v=O3vkWBYZU7M

I mean whats the point of a warning if you are gonna do it 8 times before the person even sees it once? Takes the point out of the word warning doesnt it? Why would you just go straight to banning people? Sounds like more poor moderating jobs from FDV. Kid should seriously stick to the art room. He knows nothing about the smash community or the tournament scene and therefore shouldnt make any decisions reguarding the matter. HOW THE HELL DID HE BECOME A SUPER MODERATOR ANYWAYS? CAUSE HE CAN DRAW PICTURES GOOD? If he isnt active in all areas then he should only be assigned to the ones he is active in.

You guys should really answer DrewBOO8's questions, he asking a lot of good ones that you need to respond to

I would really like to hear from FDV himself, because hes the one that started this whole mess

mathos

Smash Champion
I wasn't specific because as you can see nothing has changed or will be changed. We had a couple huge responses back and forth and I'm lazy.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I fail to see why the mods even care what we do here.

If the MW community wants to spam themselves into the stone age, what's the difference?

It's our region, and our community. I personally enjoy the spam in the MW section. As an actual player from the MW, I see no reason to punish MW players for using their section for communication. Maybe we would rather talk about bull****, but we do that **** in person too. Maybe some of the mods should get to know the MW community instead of abusing their powers..

Again, if non-MW people don't like spam, maybe they should stick to their own region. In fact, maybe non-MW people should just avoid the MW section all together.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Posting is a privilege.
Privileges can get revoked.

Spam in small doses isn't terrible, it's when it's all concentrated is where it starts to create problems.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
smashboards is gideon's baby

also tope, i really dont mean disrespect when i say this, but it doesnt help when you come into the discussion a day late and say things everyone has already said 100 times without addressing the real problem.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
from what i understand asking mods a question should only be done so in a Private Message.
There's more than 1 mod in the Aussie room. Rather than have to fire a PM to each one hoping they check their PM's sometime soon, they can just post there if they need anything. The fact that it's been barely touched since it's creation shows that it's not being abused or spammed in or anything innapropriate for a sticky.

edit: this really isnt meant as an insult, but is something ive wondered for a while. if youre going to just discuss artwork and stuff non smash related, why would you choose to do it on smashboards?
Come for the Smash, stay for the community.

You made the humiliating assumption that super mods go out or even play smash bros.
If the topics closed had absolutley nothing to do with Smash or tournaments, I don't see how this argument even fits in. If it was a topic discussing a previous tourney, I could see it being a valid argument.

I fail to see why the mods even care what we do here.

If the MW community wants to spam themselves into the stone age, what's the difference?

It's our region, and our community.
That's like saying "If this small country town wants to murder people, what business is it of the police from the city? It's our town, our community."

Sorry, I just love Hot Fuzz. Best movie Ever.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Okay.

Firstly I would like to express how disappointed I am with the extremely childish reaction you have all had to this. Not one single person has PMed me about this (save for one member who actually supported my actions), and instead you chose to be immature and post a whole lot of loud topics spamming up the room further, acting like an angry mob. I would have appreciated at least one member trying to contact me on their own through PM or AIM, without needing all of their buddies for support (although I fail to see how "LOL TRIBEAMED *****!!!!" is support). As Mic said, this has practically further justified my actions (apologies to the few who have been civilized about it all, thankyou).

Secondly, I understand the main beef you have with me is that I gave infractions for every single post instead of just one per user as a warning. I realize that may have been a better option in some cases, and normally that is what I do, however the members who were banned have been around long enough to know that they shouldn't be encouraging spam, even in their own regional room. Time and time again you have been warned and told not to, yet nobody ever listens, so considering the sheer number of posts they were making, I stand by my actions.

I would also like to remind you that the bans were not permanent, and that the members in question will be back in two weeks, and all warnings will expire. It's not the end of the world.

LetTheGamesBegin

Smash Rookie
congrats... u have... educated... us ... smash players...on forum edicate? -.- wow i cant even say that with a straight face.

as a matter of fact.....

it isnt......

our problem was the ban... thats all. what we just showed u is ban worthy spam, not 1 post in a dumb thread that we didnt even make. learn your job or stay in the art room...

Fastest

Smash Ace
You're wanting us to go back and ban people for their spam now?
If it is indeed "spam", yes.

The point being here is that mods classify "Midwest Fun Posts" as "spam" when they are not considered "spam" by the Midwest. Since you were incapable of understanding, 5150 decided to show you what "spam" really was.

Screw this thread. I think everyone would be happy if Fdv stayed in the art room drawing furries and stayed away from the Midwest entirely.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
really, we just want it back to the way it was. Everyone would have been happier. Most of us would be more educated on xmen and batman, having a good time, if fdv didnt for some reason come in here and ban people (how did that happen anyways? were you like: "**** im bored, who can i **** with tonight? midwest? who the **** are they? nobody will care if i ban a couple of them"). really, we want nothing more than you guys to unban the people banned (leave them at 5 warnings even, i doubt any single one of them would be getting another point for a long time) and the mods to leave us alone in MW. Kish is cool, keeps peace, and definately doesnt ban people for spam. he lets the threads get the fun out of them, and closes them before they are nothing but spam. in fact, id say he is one of the best mods ive ever seen.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Honestly guys, if you'd just taken it to Forum Disputes or contacted me via PM we could have possibly reversed some of the bans, but the reaction has more or less removed any recourse that we can take on it. You guys got me stuck between a rock and a hard place, and all you're doing is convincing the other mods that I have no control over the forum and need SMod supervision. If you'd rather have that, then just keep acting the way you are. If not, then settle down and wait for the warnings to expire. Keep posting in here if you'd like, but I think the mods as a whole need not return here. Post in Forum Disputes if you'd actually like a mod's attention.

mathos

Smash Champion
Firstly I would like to express how disappointed I am with the extremely childish reaction you have all had to this. Not one single person has PMed me about this (save for one member who actually supported my actions), and instead you chose to be immature and post a whole lot of loud topics spamming up the room further, acting like an angry mob. I would have appreciated at least one member trying to contact me on their own through PM or AIM, without needing all of their buddies for support (although I fail to see how "LOL TRIBEAMED *****!!!!" is support). As Mic said, this has practically further justified my actions (apologies to the few who have been civilized about it all, thankyou).
For many of us it is the first time dealing with such confrontations in forums of this nature. Personally I was unsure if AIM would be considered a professional communication avenue to take.

TO EVERYONE US: Actions are being taken to resolve this and to stop it from happening in the future. If you have a concern either state it in the thread or contact administration through forum disputes (its just like making a post). Otherwise please refrain from personally assaulting the mods.

Fastest

Smash Ace
How come we can't have Kish supervision until he requests something larger? What the hell are super mods doing here in the first place?

Surely the ridiculous **** that gets posted in Melee/Brawl discussion needs attention more than what goes on here.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
If it is indeed "spam", yes.

The point being here is that mods classify "Midwest Fun Posts" as "spam" when they are not considered "spam" by the Midwest. Since you were incapable of understanding, 5150 decided to show you what "spam" really was.

Screw this thread. I think everyone would be happy if Fdv stayed in the art room drawing furries and stayed away from the Midwest entirely.
First of all, there's no way to justify your reactions. Two wrongs don't make a right, and the only point you've proven is that MW needs to be watched over more carefully from now on.

FDV is free to go to whatever forum he wants to. That's the privilege he has as a Super Moderator. Just because a local cop is lenient on something doesn't mean the state trooper will let you get away with it if he catches you.

The matter's pretty much closed, so just listen to Kishprime and things should go back the way they used to be.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I would have never expected this reaction from the midwest, I literally went 1 day without checking this forum because I was stuck in an airport and everything went crazy.

If Fdv's reaction/moderations were inappropriate, then someone should have taken a mature avenue to voice their displeasure as has been pointed out by just about every mod in this thread. More over, I haven't received (and I don't believe Kish has either) any PM's regarding the situation, as the mod's of this room we would be your best bet at getting members who may or may not have been unjustly banned, unbanned.

As it is though, the MW did a very embarrassing, childish act. Granted there were some mature posts, but on the whole it has been a very frowned upon reaction.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Post in Forum Disputes if you'd actually like a mod's attention.
Just wanted to nitpick, post in forum desputes if you'd actually like an Admins attention. Mods and Smods can't see anything that goes on in that room.

mathos

Smash Champion
I would have never expected this reaction from the midwest, I literally went 1 day without checking this forum because I was stuck in an airport and everything went crazy.

If Fdv's reaction/moderations were inappropriate, then someone should have taken a mature avenue to voice their displeasure as has been pointed out by just about every mod in this thread. More over, I haven't received (and I don't believe Kish has either) any PM's regarding the situation, as the mod's of this room we would be your best bet at getting members who may or may not have been unjustly banned, unbanned.

As it is though, the MW did a very embarrassing, childish act. Granted there were some mature posts, but on the whole it has been a very frowned upon reaction.
EAST COAST!!!

Again this is the only way to publicly display their disagreement with the subject. PM'ing KishPrime and AlphaZealot would be nigh useless as Fdv outranks them. Forum Disputes is the correct way to go, and not many people feel comfortable making such a formal complaint.

Drephen

Smash Master
Okay.

Secondly, I understand the main beef you have with me is that I gave infractions for every single post instead of just one per user as a warning. I realize that may have been a better option in some cases, and normally that is what I do, however the members who were banned have been around long enough to know that they shouldn't be encouraging spam, even in their own regional room. Time and time again you have been warned and told not to, yet nobody ever listens, so considering the sheer number of posts they were making, I stand by my actions.

I would also like to remind you that the bans were not permanent, and that the members in question will be back in two weeks, and all warnings will expire. It's not the end of the world.
We being childish? You know whats notbeing mature? Staying in the art room for a year and then going into the midwest discussion room finding a random user and banning him, like you were abusing your power just cause you could. Why did you ban jiano and not anyone else? Tons of other people posted in that thread that could add up to a ban but didnt. Also the person who made the thread didnt get punished, which all the arguments so far have been that "you shouldnt make a thread called X-men, buts its okay to talk about X-men if its labled "midwest discussion."

Alpha, i did try to discuss with FDV right after it happened but he closed every thread i made trying to discuss why jiano was banned. I explained that i think the forum dispute thread is unfair because i dont have the rest of the midwest backing me and catching my mistakes while the mods can gang up on you if they choose. Same with pm's that i thought this involved the wholel midwest and they should be a part of the discussion. and i said "Why cant we just have a discussion in a thread in midwest discussion" (btw, WE ARE DOING THIS RIGHT NOW IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!) But FDV just closed everything and not paying attention to anybody. Therefore everyone got frusterated and started spamming. Dunno if this was the best reaction, but thats what happens when you close a bunch of threads without explanation.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
PMing a mod if you think his actions are unfair is not a solution. How do you think it would go?

Person: The bannings are unfair.
Mod: Dear me, you're right! I'll go reverse that. Thank you.

or...

Person: The bannings are unfair.
Mod: Check the rules, bub.

It sounds like a mature solution, but nothing's going to happen.

I'm not trying to excuse anyone's behavior here, I'm just trying to discredit this "solution" that is so often recommended. Posting in Forum Disputes or having a civilized discussion in a topic like this will work much better.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Drephen, as Mic explained, no Mods or SMods have access to the Forum Disputes room. Let's get that out of the way so you don't assume anything else.

AOB, PMing either Kish or AZ, who are closer to the MW community, would have brought up the issue in our staff room to see what could be done about it. But yes, Forum Disputes will let the Admin handle the situation.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If I had received a PM and had seen that Jiano had been banned based on his posting within one thread, I would have created a thread in the staffer shack to discuss the situation, as an unwritten rule I've always only dished out one single warning for replying to spam, even if the person replies multiple times within a single thread. This would have been the point I would have brought up had things taken a more civilized route, and I think many mod's would actually agree that giving person 3 two point warning's for replying within the same thread is a lil harsh/unnecessary (keep in mind a mod has every right to do this, but for practicality purposes it usually doesn't happen).

Mathos: Don't claim the system is broken or doesn't work when no one even bothered to try, creating thread after thread is not a solution. Also, I was stuck in Chicago O'Hare for 11 hours, so, MIDWESTTTT

EDIT: WoZ posted while I was posting and said what I just said. Point reiterated.

mathos

Smash Champion
To clarify, Jiano was not the only one banned from those threads. Trail, 5150, and Big C were banned in accordance too.

Instead of bashing Forum Disputes perhaps you should give it a try. Its the same thing you're doing now. Its not just you posting and them replying - end of discussion. You have a conversation with them. Have someone look over it in a word document or just PM someone everything that gets stated.

Its not public for a reason. If you saw all the complaints that have been raised against Smashboards perhaps you wouldn't see it in the same light in which you do now.

Alpha I am not bashing the system, as I have made a Forum Dispute and have conversed with McFox. I have also IM'ed Fdv and had a respectful conversation with him. But I'm saying not everyone feels comfortable doing such things, especially on a closed meeting.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
for the hundredth time, we made threads, they got closed and you mods wouldnt discuss it. we spammed it up, now we're discussing it. it was the only way to get through to you people, stop acting like it was an awful action.

and dont forget hoefler was banned, 0 to 6 points at once when he had only posted like once or twice that day.

Drephen

Smash Master
i dont want to post in the forum disputes, as i said before i want the rest of the midwest backing me up. I cant type of speeches as well as they can and it will get off subject like most huge discussions get. I want this to be public. I want other midwesterns to see what I and the mods write so they can evaluate it themselves (AS I AM DOING RIGHT IN THIS VERY THREAD!)

DrewBoo8 is absolutely right.

1.)Tried to discuss in midwest thread with FDV = Locked threads
2.) Mathos and others try forum disputes = Some results from what ive heard but still no real progress
3.) We spam the hell outta everything = We get this thread and finally get to dicuss with the mods which is what we wanted in the first place

you say we were immature but look at the results

I'm sorry i didnt pm any other mods i trusted at first. I honestly felt i would be a tattle-tale or a coward if I did. i thought i could just try to resolve the problem peacefully with discussions with FDV. But he was being a ***got and so the spamming begin.

For the record: DrewB008, Zig-Zag, and other posted in the X-men thread and were not warned. DrewB008 even posted more than Jiano in that thread and was not banned. Also trail never psoted in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom