• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i hate my social status...

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I think you should have posted this in the something bothering you thread.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah, just talk to new people if you're not happy with where you're at. But, don't get concerned with how popular you are. Popularity really doesn't matter.

Namaste

Smash Apprentice
Psst, tips

1. If you're funny no one cares about anything else

2. The easiest way to be funny is to just be mean to people both of you don't like.

3. Profit!

Namaste

Smash Apprentice
1. If you're funny no one cares about anything else.

2. The easiest way to be funny is to just be mean to people both of you don't like.

3. Wipe out the Jews.

4. Profit!

????

fragbait

Smash Master
I fail to see how step 3 will help his social status. Last guy who tried that ended up....we all know.
Also, step 5 should be step 3.
C'mon, bad advice guy. Take it from the dude with Advice Puppy in his Avatar, you gotta l2advice.

Thats not funny :(. My favorite comedian is Jewish :(.
Well, that's not surprising. Tons of comedians are jewish.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i am chillin with my band crew but feel to mature for them but can hardley become popular... grrraaaahhhh i hate how im not fitting in where i belong
You say you are too mature for the band crew, but then you say you can hardly become popular; you do not need to equate maturity with popularity, as they are not directly related. You say that you are not fitting in where you belong, but you say you want to be more popular; you do not need to equate fitting in with good friends and being popular, as they are not directly related. Be yourself, do what you like, and be nice to other people. You will find people with similar mindsets, similar maturity levels, and similar interests over time. I do not know how old you are or what grade you are in, but the transitions from middle school to high school and from high school to college always allow for new friendships. You can also join a new club or a new team.

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
I know how hard it is to talk to people: I've been diagnosed with socialphobia.

As said before, popularity has nothing to do with maturity. Popular people are usually two-faced, fake, and are stupid. I mean, everyone has bad qualities so what I would recomend doing is find something you're good at or interested in, and run with it. I mean, being popular doesn't mean chilling with the "cool kids" it simply means that you generally get a long with most people.

So when I meant "run with it", I mean either joining a club that has that in it, or using that talent around school.

For example: say you're playing music. You could start a jam session club, where people get to jam, talk about music, plan performances, meet other people who are also into music (or to find other people for a band), and maybe perform at open mics or something. This is REGARDLESS of the instrument. Plus, you could even turn it into some kind of community service where you go to underprivilged neighborhood schools and teach at the music program (if they have one) or something. I mean, if there IS a jam session club, then join it. If there isn't. start one.

The hardest part about this kind of thing is breaking the ice. As said by a very famous hockey player, "You miss all the shots you don't take". What have you got to lose? You'll still have your band crew.

Oh, and that's the thing, do NOT abandon old friends...you'll regret it later.

Good luck!

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice

3. Wipe out the Jews.

4. Profit!

????
major fail x2.

3. Wipe out the Jews.

3. ?????

4. Profit!

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Nobody touch Jon Stewart, goddamit!

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
dont listen to skyler, popularity is mad fun, try anythong to become popular, even if it's for just 2 years

take up smoking, big mouth teachers, talk to slutty girls, wear brand clothes only, etc, etc.

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
im a sophmore in high school i dress like a... hippie lol bandana goatee fuzz puffish long wavy brown hair and in shape ive gone to several partys and smoked TONS!!! im pretty attractive... so i flirt with most girls i dont wear preppy shizz i wear band t-shirts boot cut jeans with either brown cloth flip flops or slip on vans and sometimes flannel shirts :]
most people dont hate on my style... my problem is i need more conversation starters ways to talk to people and yeah...
i used to think they were all ignorent ******* but soon came to realize they have good social skills because once a conversation started their wer no awkward momments and they act like themselfs...
*cool kids at my school are stoners/skaters/pretty boys...ish*

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm learning to be more social, taking that extra step to make new friends. You know when you're talking with someone and you're both about to leave and be like goodbye, instead I'll ask for that person's number so we ca hang out sometime(I've only done it twice, and one of the times I guess the other person was the initiator); I feel like I lack friends who I can confide in and I'm trying to change that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
First off, why does it matter. Talk to everyone, popularity is fleeting and will get you nowhere in life. It's better to be liked by everyone than to try and fit some social norm.

Secondly, you mentioned popularity and maturity in the same sentence...that automatically means you're not as mature as you claim to be if you care.

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
i care because i choose to have friends... your probablly just a emo kid who everyone hates and is looked down upon... dont flame me bro... i want friends i get along with and the more friends=more girls

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Secondly, you mentioned popularity and maturity in the same sentence...that automatically means you're not as mature as you claim to be if you care.
I'm almost compelled to believe that anyone who feels obligated to blatantly refer to themselves as "mature," don't really grasp the sordid monotony of the term.

i care because i choose to have friends... your probablly just a emo kid who everyone hates and is looked down upon... dont flame me bro... i want friends i get along with and the more friends=more girls
Yeah. Typical High School Thread. See underlined.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
This thread became so much better and will get so much worse when it goes back on topic.
but feel to mature for them but can hardley become popular

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
... i hate emo kids i used to be one in 7th grade then realized it was REALLY stupid and ive worked my way up over the years just going threw all the cliqes i mean emos just try to be different and all the girls are ugly for some reason... and ive hung out with the out casts... they arent even cool... or fun then i went into a metal head phase but it got me to learning about music and play bass then i went skater found that those people are cool but all those people were to aggressive for me then i went hippie and i am my own class im like upper-mid-teir on the popular charts i guess and i want to know and be friends with everyone so i can hang out with more people and stuff...
ive come a long way im not really trying to get in a certain clique just trying to know everyone *be popular*

Clownbot

Smash Lord
i want to know and be friends with everyone so i can hang out with more people and stuff...
ive come a long way im not really trying to get in a certain clique just trying to know everyone *be popular*
Does this include the "stupid emos" and the "ugly girls" and the "uncool outcasts"?

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
accually ive kept in touch with all my good friends from each group they have smart but funny things to say so i enjoy chilling with them still no one gives me crap either i slightly talk to the rest still but dont sit with them or anything might hang out at their place or talk in class or halls

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
But, don't get concerned with how popular you are. Popularity really doesn't matter.
This, so much.

I have plenty of friends and I never once tried to be popular. I'm incredibly odd, I'm a geek and I don't hide that fact, but there are actually a decent number of people who like me. I'm not popular, but I'm at a pretty decent point while still being who I am.

Trying to fit in and be popular is not going to do you any favors. Purposely trying to reject anything that's "cool" or popular is stupid, but you can simply be yourself without trying to be popular.

Then again, I realize that this is one of those things where someone telling you is likely just going to come off as obnoxious, and you'd have to realize it on your own, but what Chaco's saying is completely accurate from my experience and there's no reason to attack him for saying what he said.

I dunno, I'm not in High School anymore and I still want to bang every girl.
Man LT have standards bro =/
LT wants to catch them all.
I lost.

Top Bottom