• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Found A Solution For The Melee Vs. Brawl Flamewar

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Okay, this is the most revolutionary discovery I have made myself useful with in my entire life.

So, there's this big war going on between the Melee players and Brawlers, right? Well, I've found out how to end it all.

You see, the Wii's technology is so advanced, it can play Gamecube games AND Wii games!

Using this discovery, I found it very simple to be able to SWITCH BACK AND FORTH FROM BRAWL TO MELEE USING THE WII'S ABILITY TO PLAY GAMECUBE DISCS.

So I find it very interesting that we can actually play both games and live in peace and harmony with each other.

The point of this thread:

Why the hell can't Brawlers and Melee players get along?! I play both, why can't everybody?! I have a Wii and a Gamecube in my room. Though I don't need the Gamecube, I still have it. So, there's TWO WAYS YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN THE TWO GAMES. I love Brawl and Melee equally. I play both every week. They're great games. Both of them.

How could anybody possibly say that Brawl sucks?! HAVE ANY OF YOU PLAYED SMASH 64?! There's a game that sucks WAY more than Brawl.

There are even some people who said that Brawl is the worst video game ever made. That's not true, and you know it.

God, you people, always going like, "Come back to Melee!" and "Stick with Brawl!"! You all act like they're countries that are millions of miles away from each other. But, in reality, THEY ARE TWO GAMES THAT SIT IN YOUR HOUSE, BOTH ABLE TO BE PLAYED ON ONE SYSTEM, THAT CAN EASILY BE SWITCHED FROM ONE TO ANOTHER IN A MATTER OF SECONDS.

You cannot imagine the horrified expression I had on my face when I came back to this forum weeks ago, only to find that my two favorite games are being fought over by all of its members. Just tragic.

Brawl is not better than Melee. Melee is not better than Brawl. Anybody that says either one sucks are losers. Anybody that says either one sucks more than Smash 64 are just ********. Go die.

Anybody that argues with me or flames me obviously want the flame war to continue or are in denial. You know I'm right.

Just end the flame war... Please.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Edit: You should know that most Melee vs Brawl debates have originated from people who do not know what they are talking about. Saying stupid things like Brawl is more unbalanced than Melee or saying other things that SIMPLY ARE NOT TRUE.
Nobody would flame someone for their opinion. It's the stupid people who don't bother to read the dozens of REAL debates and post their nonsense that get flamed.

That being said, voicing your opinion on the matter is fine, but just because you don't favor one game over another does not make you more right than anyone else.
And saying stuff like
"Anybody that says either one sucks more than Smash 64 are just ********. Go die."
is some of the stupidest crap I've read. Make yourself seem smarter by not posting

takieddine

Smash Master
Lol at brawl being a lot better than 64, other than brawl adding wall teching (maybe even when i disregard that fact) 64 is still better than brawl.

Skler

Smash Master
Smash 64 is awesome and if I had N64 controllers that didn't suck I'd play it more. I stopped playing Brawl a few months ago because the game is garbage compared to Melee.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
The only point you made (that you can easily take the Brawl disc out and put in the Melee one) isn't valid for me because I have to use a freeloader. Which means if I ever bother to play Brawl, I have to turn the wii off after so I can take the disc out, start the wii again, and put in the Melee disc.

Think about it. That takes a horrifying 5 minutes. Not an option.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Smash 64 is awesome and if I had N64 controllers that didn't suck I'd play it more. I stopped playing Brawl a few months ago because the game is garbage compared to Melee.
Though I wouldn't want to spur this crap on anymore than it is... I'm glad to find that people really do like Melee better. I was in denial for a few weeks after I got Brawl, but I finally had to admit I still really got a lot more fun out of Melee, and even my more "casual" friends found Brawl a bit boring in comparison... It's not like I wanted it to be this way, I was one of the people hoping Brawl would completely replace Melee... Buuut... it's just not as exciting. I can't seem to be precise about what I'm doing even after months of practice. It's just awkward. (Smash 64 rocks, though I can't say I've played it much after Melee took over my life.)

Yeah, I would still suggest playing both if you've already bought Brawl, but... I hope people don't force themselves to play Brawl INSTEAD of Melee, just because they've been excited for it for so long. Let's just accept the disappointment together, and move on. We can still play Melee, and if we want a nice diversion, then there's Brawl. (As far as tourneys go though, it's Melee.)

otg

Smash Master
Actually, I like Smash 64 more than Brawl.
Amen, I still play 64 on a fairly regular basis. You misunderstand, it's not that I hate Brawl, I would just rather not play it. I have access to it, but choose 64 and Melee over it. And of course both communities can exist in harmony, it's more that a majority of the community has jumped ship to a game that we feel isn't worthy of competitive play.

And yes, as someone said most of the flame war exists because of sheer ignorance. The Melee boards are just trying to regroup and continue this great game, while we get an influx of Brawl fans that say things like "wavedashing is unfair, you guys are living in the past". Most of the intelligent Pro-Melee people don't even bother saying anything in the Brawl boards anymore, they come here.

Have fun playing Brawl, no one is stopping you.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I'm totally in favor of ending any flame wars that rise because of the two games. However, one thing some people don't realize is that discussions don't have to be flame wars. I understand some people tend to approach the subject with an insult or retort in hand, but that is exactly what needs to stop. We need to be peaceful.

What you're doing isn't really the right way to stop everything. Your motives are good, but you're simply adding fuel to the fire. Especially with comments such as...

"HAVE ANY OF YOU PLAYED SMASH 64?! There's a game that sucks WAY more than Brawl."

"Anybody that says either one sucks are losers. Anybody that says either one sucks more than Smash 64 are just ********. Go die."

"Anybody that argues with me or flames me obviously want the flame war to continue or are in denial. You know I'm right."

Right there. Just making it worse. You know as well as I do that somebody is going to read that, get pissed, write a post in retort, and start an argument.
Don't get me wrong, it's great that you're trying to stop all of it rather than participating in them, but if you're dealing with a tender subject, you've got to watch what you say as well. Just because you say that you're opposed to a flame war doesn't mean you can throw a few out yourself and people will take them in stride as they talk about ending the fighting.

Oh, and it's outdated, but I enjoyed Smash 64 as well. :p
Some of it stems from nostalgia, but I also enjoy the simpler physics.

Vro

Smash Lord
I don't understand. Melee is still better, despite Wii supporting GC discs.

Corigames

Smash Hero
When melee and brawl tournaments can coincide, I'll drop my issue. Until then, I will continue to say that brawl is a bad game and less people need to support it.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Must resist, temptation to flame noob. gAAAH! ok /joke

Really though, your missing the whole point,Melee IS better than brawl, brawl is undoubtedly the worst game in the series,Take note though that it is still really ****ing fun and awesome.

Do you know why the flame war continues? because of people like you posting **** like this, smash 64? worse.... you're in NO position to be contributing to the "peace treaty" stop it.

Why smart players dont play both games:
Because they're almost entirely different ****ing games! ANYONE who had tech skill and was at least good at melee,and played brawl for a month or so can tell you that Brawl just about kills your melee game (No its not just your tech skill that takes a hit) The style between the two games are so different that you honestly have no choice but to play them differently.

Yea you CAN play both games, but you WILL have to sacrifice some measure of skill from either game to do so.

Geist

Smash Master
How could anybody possibly say that Brawl sucks?! HAVE ANY OF YOU PLAYED SMASH 64?! There's a game that sucks WAY more than Brawl.
Wow hypocrisy FTW

You have just explained to yourself why there is a flame war to begin with: misleading, opinionistic and biased posters like so.
kudos.

N355

Smash Apprentice
oh great here we go again. are you TRYING to start stuff again against melee vs brawl debates? someone please lock this thread before it gets out of hand, I don't know if people will be able to control themselves.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Do you know why the flame war continues? because of people like you posting **** like this, smash 64? worse.... you're in NO position to be contributing to the "peace treaty" stop it.
QFT

People don't flame during Melee vs Brawl discussions. They flame when some idiot thinks they know what they are talking about when they really don't.

N355

Smash Apprentice
64 deserves respect. it is the one that started it all. that is like insulting your grandfather

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
Okay, this is the most revolutionary discovery I have made myself useful with in my entire life.
Wow, you wasted your life.

Why the hell can't Brawlers and Melee players get along?! I play both, why can't everybody?!
Well, here's the problem. WE DON'T LIKE THEM BOTH.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
How can you possibly say Brawl is good? Have you played any of its predecessors?

*points to first line of sig*

There are even some people who said that Brawl is the worst video game ever made. That's not true, and you know it.
You're right. Brawl is saved by Shaq Fu, Superman 64, Barbie horse riding adventure, Hello Kitty roller skate adventure, and the CD-i. (I'm exaggerating, brawl is decent, but it's hard not to say stuff like that when comparing Brawl to its predecessors)

Brawl is not better than Melee. Melee is not better than Brawl. Anybody that says either one sucks are losers.
So wait, you're saying it's a crime to like one game more than another.....

Anybody that says either one sucks more than Smash 64 are just ********. Go die.
.....and then you go and say this. I believe you are either completely lacking in common sense, or you are lying about your intentions that you don't want a flame war.

I still go to brawl tournaments, I still enjoy brawl a little, but I like Melee and 64 infinitely more. I don't see how people like you can't understand that NOT EVERYONE SHARES YOUR OPINIONS. Don't worry, I have a similar problem as you. I struggle understanding how people can like brawl equally with 64 and Melee. To me it's like this:

64: combos + no camping + high limit of how good you can get = good
Melee: combos + no camping + INSANELY high limit of how good you can get = perfect
Brawl: no combos + tons of camping + low limit of how good you can get = bad

Now of course, if you suck at all 3 games, then you wouldn't combo in melee or 64, you wouldn't camp in Brawl, and you wouldn't be near the limit of how good you can get in any of the games, hence why most people tend to label brawl supporters as scrubs; they don't see how someone who is good at all 3 games could like Brawl.

otg

Smash Master
64: combos + no camping + high limit of how good you can get = good
Melee: combos + no camping + INSANELY high limit of how good you can get = perfect
Brawl: no combos + tons of camping + low limit of how good you can get = bad
I'm with you, but your assessments of all three games are based on assumptions that are only half true. For example, there is No camping in Melee? Really? Have you ever played a campy Fox, Peach, Doc, etc etc. There is camping, just to less of a degree. You really can't camp out for a majority of the match like you COULD in Brawl.

In my mind, the difference between the two games is the fact that Melee has nearly infinite options during combat, while in Brawl movement and actions are typically limited and camping is typically the smartest action. AT in Melee opened up more doors and options for movement; so far in Brawl this really hasn't happened yet.

I do agree with the fact that in 64 you really can't camp, and there is a LOWER limit to how good you can get at Brawl... but only in comparison to it's predecessors. Things like Z/L canceling allowed there to be a distinction between Noobs and Pros, and by removing that of course you're opening up to a bigger community of people, but you're also dumbing down potential competition and options.

Once again, I only hope in time my assessment of the game changes... although I sincerely doubt that it will.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Your request is completely ridiculous. Melee and Brawl are two complete different fighting games. This really makes as much sense as telling me to switch between Melee and Shonen Jump Superstars. They have the same basic concept, rack up damage, knock off cliff(well not really for Shonen Jump but it was the best example I could find so stick with me). But the physics, the play styles, metagames, mind games, advanced techniques(or lack there of), character, et cetera are all different.

I can perfectly understand not wanting people to have flamewars, but not wanting debate is just stupid. Intelligent debate is a good thing. It makes people make the choice that best suits themselves. Because you can't just say "Melee/Brawl is a better game" because although you may be right, you are right just for yourself. Intelligent debate lets people be completely honest with themselves, weighing the good and bad qualities of each game and making a good decision FOR THEMSELVES. Anyone who tells someone else that they should be playing a different game is an idiot. If you ever see anyone tell you or someone else that they are playing that wrong game this person is an idiot and should be ignored.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
It doesn't matter who likes which! melee is more fast pased and based on speed,
but brawl requires more knowlege and thought than the need for dexterity and finger speed in melee!
i love both...im just trying to become as good as possable in brawl before i return to master melee!

Xona

Smash Apprentice
I'm totally in favor of ending any flame wars that rise because of the two games. However, one thing some people don't realize is that discussions don't have to be flame wars. I understand some people tend to approach the subject with an insult or retort in hand, but that is exactly what needs to stop. We need to be peaceful.

What you're doing isn't really the right way to stop everything. Your motives are good, but you're simply adding fuel to the fire. Especially with comments such as...

"HAVE ANY OF YOU PLAYED SMASH 64?! There's a game that sucks WAY more than Brawl."

"Anybody that says either one sucks are losers. Anybody that says either one sucks more than Smash 64 are just ********. Go die."

"Anybody that argues with me or flames me obviously want the flame war to continue or are in denial. You know I'm right."

Right there. Just making it worse. You know as well as I do that somebody is going to read that, get pissed, write a post in retort, and start an argument.
Don't get me wrong, it's great that you're trying to stop all of it rather than participating in them, but if you're dealing with a tender subject, you've got to watch what you say as well. Just because you say that you're opposed to a flame war doesn't mean you can throw a few out yourself and people will take them in stride as they talk about ending the fighting.

Oh, and it's outdated, but I enjoyed Smash 64 as well. :p
Some of it stems from nostalgia, but I also enjoy the simpler physics.
Every great video game series gets a huge debate that turns into a flamewar, although Brawl has its own debate that went flamewar. There is a huge flamewar on stage legality, people even added flames onto the tags of the thread. I've been flamed in the stage legality thread because I've stated my oppinions that they disagree with. I know there was an extremely similar Smash 64-Melee flamewar. But the absolute worst flamewar I've seen is the FFVII-FFVI flamewar. I like both games, but the problem is that the brawl community has most of the "scrubs" right now. The immature brawlers will most likely move to the next one and flamewar against Brawl upon release of the new one. I like Brawl more, but I don't like how many brawlers flame people just because they have a different oppinion. The brawlers who do all that flaming are wrong, and the melee players shouldn't flame either. All debates get flamewars, like the evolution debate, that one is now one heck of a flamewar.

Rampage

vx

I stopped reading after I saw this. You're dumb, and I'm going to ignore anything you say from now to the end of time. Good day sir.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Oh, no, it got bumped!

Sorry, everybody, but I've gotten over all this, and my opinion's different now, as I could've answered my questions in the original post myself. I now realize that Melee is superior, and most people don't play both games because they want to get better at Melee. I'm also sorry for looking like a big idiot in the original post. Smash 64 doesn't suck, it's just a bit lesser than Melee. But it's fun to play sometimes, and unlike Brawl, there's actually L(Z)-canceling, which is cool.

...So, yes. Could somebody lock this, please?

replicate

Smash Lord
Brawl is not better than Melee. Melee is not better than Brawl. Anybody that says either one sucks are losers. Anybody that says either one sucks more than Smash 64 are just ********. Go die.

Anybody that argues with me or flames me obviously want the flame war to continue or are in denial. You know I'm right.
your argument is garbage, and the 2nd paragraph is a fallacy.

EDIT: haha, sorry
didn't see your post above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom