• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I dont kno anymore

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Link to original post: [drupal=1380]I dont kno anymore[/drupal]

Everytime i play i dont feel like im gettin better. I just feel annoyed at how ppl play. It seems every person i fight always runs away from me and its boring and annoying. I can never practice matchups cause all ppl do is spam tehe same 5 moves over and over. Makes it pointless to attempt to practice anymore.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
When I realized that Brawl was completly boring, I just started to play Melee a whole bunch. I eventually got bored of that, and took a big break from playing Smash. When I played again, it seemed worthwhile. Maybe you just need to take a break for a bit, and then maybe you'll re-kindle that spirit...if not though, then I really don't know. You can't really change how people play, especially if they're playing to beat you.

Good luck, NL.

Cia

das kwl
Link to original post: [drupal=1380]I dont kno anymore[/drupal]

Everytime i play i dont feel like im gettin better. I just feel annoyed at how ppl play. It seems every person i fight always runs away from me and its boring and annoying. I can never practice matchups cause all ppl do is spam tehe same 5 moves over and over. Makes it pointless to attempt to practice anymore.
srsly.. like.. i hate playing anti because of that.. haha.

just play against.. uhh.. bum.. i suppose. he doesn't camp.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
attacking is a rarity in this game, nobody knows how to deal with it so they run from you

you either need to get used to it or start camping as well :o

its brawl ma d00d, the community gays it up

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, not to put too fine of a point on it, but that's the name of the game in Brawl.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
i dont practice as is but when i attempt to ppl make it boring. Better off just playin strictly in tourney.

D

Deleted member

That's how you play Brawl. You do alot of running away and dodging. It may not be as interesting as other games, but it still requires alot of strategy and practice.

If you're bored of Smash, I'd do the easiest thing, stop playing or limit your playing. Every game gets boring at some point.

D

Deleted member

I've always found that camping wins me the majority of my matches. I suppose it might be me though.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
That's how you play Brawl. You do alot of running away and dodging. It may not be as interesting as other games, but it still requires alot of strategy and practice.

If you're bored of Smash, I'd do the easiest thing, stop playing or limit your playing. Every game gets boring at some point.
Not true. Play Melee.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
This is not a Melee vs. Brawl thread. Contribute constructively to the conversation Ninjalink has started or don't post.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^I don't want to start an argument (especially not with a mod x_x;; ) over this, but I was serious in my comment. I was getting really bored of Smash altogether when I was playing Brawl. I picked up Melee and I haven't gotten bored since. I'm not saying that Melee's better than Brawl or anything. I think that, but that's not the point I'm making. I'm just saying that I've played Melee since it came out and I'm still not getting tired of it. Brawl I got tired of within a few months. So I was just saying that not all games make you bored eventually, and that if he wants to keep playing Smash and not getting bored, my experience tells me that playing Melee is the logical solution.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Yeah sorry about that.

Is it just the way people play, or are you just not having fun?

It seems to me you need to take a break, or play some friendlies/teams/FFAs to reduce that boredom.

AT least that is what I'd do.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
it works for u cause u just got int melee

i've been playin it for while already.....aug 05.....

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
They play like that because.... you're NinjaLink.
You're one of the best at the game and opponents need to be very careful when they play you. You can't expect your opponents to just run in there and try to attack you. They know you will punish them, so they wait for an opening instead....

Anyone would find this kind of irritating, but maybe it's something you just need to learn to deal with.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how....... sorry lol

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
This is why I avoid competition in video games period. There is always going to be some cheap antics that ruin everything, such as PvP in MMOs. Video games were made for fun, and if it isnt fun anymore, just move on to the next game or next thing. Don't waste your time practicing on something that is going to give you an even worse headache.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If people camp mercilessly in friendlies, there must be something wrong.
Try and just get everyone to chill and play some friendlies, and you can pick up loads from them.
The problem is really that people won't stop camping in Brawl. They say they play to win blah blah. Personally, it actually bores me to death camping for too long, but I swear that people that say stuff about camping being a great play to win attitude are just hiding the fact that they enjoy it.
Yes, they enjoy pressing down and then upB 100 times on a ledge. If they enjoy doing what they do man, not much you can do about it other than perhaps take a break from Brawl for a bit or drop it altogether.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I absolutely understand and know what you mean, NinjaLink. I had that for a long while, too, though I was bored by Brawl in general, not because of people spamming.

I took a break from Brawl, Smash... from fighting games in general. I hardly even played games at all, and if, it was some racing games or stuff. You maybe could give it a shot, too... I needed about a month, and then I was ready to go again.

Bullet Rogue

Smash Rookie
Yeah, when i got bored of brawl i just moved onto other games for about a month, then i started to get back into it

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
NinjaLink? Hmm...

Deal with it.

That's all I can tell you. You're a good player, and you shouldn't think about it too much. I would also take a break. People, in just about ANY sport, game, activity, etc, get better after taking a break.

And yeah, just play in tourneys, with a few friendlies on the side.

I've only been to one tourney though (I saw you there!), so I have NO experience. Take my advice with a grain of salt.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
This is why I avoid competition in video games period. There is always going to be some cheap antics that ruin everything, such as PvP in MMOs. Video games were made for fun, and if it isnt fun anymore, just move on to the next game or next thing. Don't waste your time practicing on something that is going to give you an even worse headache.
LOL... The only reason I ever played Runescape was because of "free PvP" without any rules or anything. Just "go here and start to kill"

Now back to discussion:

NL, it's simply because of who you are, and how Brawl works. If you're an aggressive player, and your opponent is simply better then you, you will lose. Brawl rewards the defender, and thats why Falcon is one of the worst characters. He's an offensive character to a defensive game.

Now for friendlies, I don't see why anyone would camp - it doesn't matter if you win or lose.

You may just be playing people who want to say they won. (and if you play online still/at all they must really want to say they beat you..)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Brawl rewards the defender, and thats why Falcon is one of the worst characters. He's an offensive character to a defensive game.
I wouldn't call Meta Knight a particularily defensive character, though... o_o

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I wouldn't call Meta Knight a particularily defensive character, though... o_o
He can be extremely defensive.

Planking, Dair Camping, Fair retreats...

Meta Knight is awesome.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
If you believe this, why the heck do you have an account on Smash World Forums, a site completely dedicated to it, Esurance lady???

nevershootme

Smash Master
Link to original post: I dont kno anymore

at the current state of the game, people i've seen just abuse the clock by timing it out (i had to eat that twice in a tournament set vs a wario player). even to planking has gone to higher levels of stupidity (a la mk, g&w, or edge camping pit). not to mention the ongiong trend of players i've encountered (mostly around miami area for me) jumping the mk bandwagon at a alarming rate (not as severe as NJ) . in other words, it's becoming more of a game of profiting the wins over a game that's easy to play, only needs mindgames to apply.

I do admit also that I barely practice and just to go tournaments and still perform well (even took a 3 week hiatus and placed top 12 at a big FL tournament)

my time over a year of playing this game just seems to dwindle often (especially competition in FL). but most of the worth in this game ends up in the doubles metagame. or the hope of hackers tweaking the game into balance.

NL, if you think my response is crap, then sorry, i didn't explain well enough, if so, we could discuss more on AIM or PM's and whatnot

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Idk, camping is boring to me, I like to run straight into the fight
and cut the other person down :) So if someone is spamming/camping
I try to improve becasue its still fun to fight them(usually)
Lol, I`m bad with words. I think improving your technique
is WAY more fun then spamming just to win or refuse to fight.

Anyway...I just fight people with really good technique and don`t spam
that are better than me and it helps me get a lot better.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
If you believe this, why the heck do you have an account on Smash World Forums, a site completely dedicated to it, Esurance lady???
I'm sorry Kasey but this made me laugh out loud XDD

NL, since you are among the best players in brawl right now, no doubt you intimidate alot of your competition. What some of the people here said about them looking for 5 secs of fame for beating you is no doubt a part of it as well.

I'm a not a very defensive player. I hate being stuck running away and behind my shield. Then again I'm not a very good player either lol.

I'd play you if I didn't live several hours away, or if my wifi didn't suck more than most people's. XD I doubt I'd be much competition anyway. lol

kozuu

Smash Rookie
Well... I haven't tried Brawl+, but I saw some comics talking about how Brawl had it's fun stripped out of it when a player decides to go pro with it. I'm not saying that I don't find it fun, but the comics told some sense in it.

D1

Banned via Administration
If people keep playing the same way punish it all the time and win...if its boring and annoying to you start playing other games like I have.

SF4 is mad beast too bad you're not into it.

Arcana Heart 2 comes out this week! I know you're into that series at least...

...btw today was fun playing Brawl for the first time in 2 weeks after Brawl Till You Fall.

Breaks help me alot, take it from me. I always come to a point where I'm just like extremely angry and tired of the game, then I go play a conventional fighter for a while and have fun in other communities and whatnot, then when I come back to the smash community and play some Brawl I have a jolly good time.

Only thing I really hate about Brawl is that even after not playing for a long time, or practicing you can still **** at tournies -_-. I mean god it angers me that I get far alot nowadays without even cutting on my Wii or training with you anymore. Sometimes it really irks me that I don't have to sit at home and practicie any super hard techniques daily or every other day just to make sure I'm on top of my game (like in other fighters.) I remembered in Melee I really would have to make sure I play almost everyday just to make sure I was keeping up the Joneses.

So yeah if anything, without having to quit Brawl...just play some other fighter on the side.

(Btw I can vouch for being one of the people that camp vs. him when I play him at times sry NL your offense is really good and I'm just looking for holes to punish your approaches)

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
I definitely feel you NL. I started to play a lot less Brawl recently since I either
a) Beat all of my friends too easily, or
b) they just tried to camp me out for the entire match.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't play a game of Brawl for an entire month. I've started to get back into it, but I've noticed that I've almost MADE myself significantly worse in trying to make the game more fun (i.e. sandbag to make the game more even, but when you try to stop sandbagging you realize that you're still sucking).

I dunno. I've gotten back into single-player games recently. (twilight princess ftw)

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
You should try Brawl+. In my opinion, it's really fun. Running away and dodging aren't always the best option. I'd say, pick it up and see for yourself. If you don't like it, quit it. You're an awesome vBrawl player, I've seen your videos. But Brawl+ is very different.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
You should try Brawl+. In my opinion, it's really fun. Running away and dodging aren't always the best option. I'd say, pick it up and see for yourself. If you don't like it, quit it. You're an awesome vBrawl player, I've seen your videos. But Brawl+ is very different.
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5644

I won a brawl+ tourney without even playing it before. Ppl still run away in that game. Anyway i'm tryin to learn the mechanics in brawl+ right now.

Top Bottom