• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't find whats so good about Melee.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Bickering like girls.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
lol I haven't actually laughed out loud from a post on SWF in a while, thanks spelt, I owe ya one.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Damn these Melee people will take any trollbait and flame away. Ya'll act like this guy insulted yo mama.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well yo mama so black, she go to a brawl tournament and teacher mark her absent!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude that's not funny that actually happened to her once. ;_;

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now whenever I see your name in the last post thing I always think it's the light house social.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Except I don't actually like My Little Pony.

I do play Neopets though.
They bring all the boys to the yard.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Melee is better made for a competitive scene then Brawl or 64 are. Melee is very fast paced, falling fast is part of that. Melee also has a ton of technical aspects so their a lot of things to master and get good at to be good at the game.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Melee is better made for a competitive scene then Brawl or 64 are. Melee is very fast paced, falling fast is part of that. Melee also has a ton of technical aspects so their a lot of things to master and get good at to be good at the game.
This.

THE PS3 IS STINK!

dont buy it!

:phone:
Is starting another fanboy war really necessary here?

Tesh

Smash Hero
From a casual perspective, Brawl feels like alot more fun. I wish some of the items from Melee returned however.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Brawl is a party game.

Melee is an over-technical mess that has passed its prime.

64 is a mix of those two.

Really, it just matters what kind of poison is your favorite.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
But with SSB4 down the road, we don't know what the **** is coming. If Melee ends up like 64, now would not be a good time to start playing. If it does survive, it will be either the only game played ( scrubs will still be playing Brawl or something ) or simply forgotten because people will have had 12-15 years of Melee by then.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
IMO, people need to just play M Brawl if they're going to complain about either game.

It's really the closest Melee fans will get to a balanced Brawl, and the closest Brawl fans will get to hopefully leaving the Scrubland and seeing the superiority of Melee.

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
Man...The Smash series in itself was a fantastic change from the typical Street Fighter or Tekken fighters.

I know this isn't really an answer to the question at hand, but it does boil down to opinion. We can spam our thoughts and statistics all we want, but those things aren't going to change the mind of someone who has already made their mind up. I'm a Melee man myself, and I'm excited to see what SSB4 has in store.

What I like about Melee: better combo ability, balanced characters, The Knee, etc...

What I like about Brawl: Wide array of characters, stage selection, Ganon's side-b...

What I don't like about Melee: Marth's Forward Smash

What I don't like about Brawl: Too floaty for my likes, Sonic (sorry fanboys), more crappy stages like 75M (or whatever its called), etc.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
M brawl? o.O you mean project M?

Yes.

What I like about Melee: better combo ability, balanced characters, The Knee, etc...

What I don't like about Brawl: Too floaty for my likes, Sonic (sorry fanboys), more crappy stages like 75M (or whatever its called), etc.
This is what I read.

If SSB4 is better than brawl I see the melee scene dying.

My exact point. The game will be 12-15 years old by then and people just won't give a **** about Melee anymore if SSB4 is good.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I enjoyed the lack of wavedash in Brawl, that was just shenanigans.

Though so is tripping which was INTENDED...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
LMAO. Wavedashing was a great spacing tool and added a lot of depth to the gameplay.

Have you even PLAYED Melee?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
LMAO. Wavedashing was a great spacing tool and added a lot of depth to the gameplay.

Have you even PLAYED Melee?
Yes, more so than Brawl. But it was obviously unnatural, not only with intention but also since you wouldn't see those characters dashing around like that in their respective games.

Adding depth to it is also rather subjective, to me it lowered down what people did, since it ended up just being jumping about with mindgames until someone got a grab combo or was able to get them in the air and start pushing them off.

Then again, all opinions are subjective, so this is purely just mine. It just seems nit-picky to find fault with Brawl for its absence, because now you actually had to control the character with their own means. Not saying it is better competitively, that appears to not be the case and isn't because of wavedashing but due to just the different laws that bounded the gamestyle. And since according to Sakurai (I believe this was said) that the new one will take a different direction from all of them, it is safe to say it is more than dead. I'm luckier to have not liked it as opposed to missing it.

Top Bottom