• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Am Legend (2007)

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
^Why? Because they aren't real vampires?

I thought that too, I mean, I'm a HUGE vampire fan!!! It would be cool. I hate the "zombie" stuff.... overrated.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The trailers make me giddy. This movie will be an excellent conclusion to finals for school. :D

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
^Why? Because they aren't real vampires?

I thought that too, I mean, I'm a HUGE vampire fan!!! It would be cool. I hate the "zombie" stuff.... overrated.
Umm... no, quite the opposite, really. I'm glad they're not vampires. While I love the concept and symbolical ideas behind vampires, I generally can't tolerate modern depictions since they've become so horribly cliche and lost any previous significance. Same with zombies.

My cynical view extends from my general distaste of Hollywood and expecting the underlying message of the novel to be eviscerated from the film. Though at least they stuck with the original title, which I admit is a good sign since it, and it's significance, is probably my favorite part of the story.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
I really can't see how this movie could be bad.

The plot is just so simple, yet it works so well. Will Smith is the last man on Earth, and all of a sudden aliens come down and start attacking him. Everything gets rough, he gets in a fight and his mom gets scared and says "Your movin' with your aunti and uncle in Bel-Air!" I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare, but I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo homes smell ya later". I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air!

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
I really can't see how this movie could be bad.

The plot is just so simple, yet it works so well. Will Smith is the last man on Earth, and all of a sudden aliens come down and start attacking him. Everything gets rough, he gets in a fight and his mom gets scared and says "Your movin' with your aunti and uncle in Bel-Air!" I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare, but I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo homes smell ya later". I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air!

yes. just yes.

I thought it was funny that Will Smith screwed up and gave away the ending at a press conference for the movie

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
According to what I've read, the director really pulled away from the "vampire" idea (and moved the story from LA to New York). Aside from hiding in the dark, they have really lost many of their vampire traits and are now dubbed "dark seekers" in this movie. I highly doubt we will see Will Smith lining his windows with garlic as the main character apparently did in the novel. These "dark seekers" are just cannibalistic beasts as opposed to blood-sucking humanoids.

The previews look really exciting. I am so eager to see how it turns out.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I AM SO GONNA SEE THIS MOVIE!

Haven't read the book(didn't know there was one), but the trailer has made me really excited to see it.

Too bad it won't come out till 2008 over here in Europe<_<.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Well, the book was just amazing, probably one of the top 5 best books I've ever read. I wasn't expecting Will Smith to take the part when I first heard about the movie, but I'm sure he'll do fantastic; he always seems to in almost every other movie he stars in. This is one of the few movies that I've been really trying to avoid spoilers and online speculation/spoilers for, so I'm getting a full, unexpected feeling and experience.

I'll be there this Friday, believe it :)

sugarpoultry, your location made me smile btw

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Lets hope good ol Willy from Philly plays this role well. ^_^ Cmonnnnnn Mr. Smith!!

And if I was the last guy on earth, I'd have so much weaponry and firearms on me.

Double barrel shotgun: check

Firebombs: double check

Machetes: check

Revolvers: check

Grenades: check

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Going for best location in the awards? :chuckle:
heh, I am ;)

On a different note, I found it interesting that a piece of the trailer/preview from a scene of the movie, its the one where the bridge in NY is being bombed or something... turns out it was the most expensive scene for a film in NY ($5 million (the whole scene, not just that clip). I found it kind of hard to believe, seeing as how many epic blockbusters or films in general have used that area and city. It gives me confidence that this film isn't going to have lame special effects to try to blend with the reality. They seem to be serious in this department; just hoping the film and plotline will blend just as well.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I voted for you and Buzz for stuff. Even Youko because I think he's awesome. :)

Anyways, Buzz is currently obsessed with I Am Legend. He's always watching trailers or reading articles bout it. ;)

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, Buzz is currently obsessed with I Am Legend. He's always watching trailers or reading articles bout it. ;)
Has he read the book? It's a pretty quick read. I'm sure he could finish it by Friday.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I voted for you and Buzz for stuff. Even Youko because I think he's awesome. :)

w00tage! somebody voted for me! lol.

and yeah, i forgot to check for the book when i was at the library today as well....:(

and yeah, i'm always reading articles about it as well, and checking out trailers when i get the chance. sounds like me and buzz are two of a kind. :laugh:

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Too bad it won't come out till 2008 over here in Europe<_<.
Ha, what a fool I am!

I thought that it was come out in 2008 over here. I just found out it's here 20th of December =D.

I'm so happy I could cry.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey:

I haven't seen the movie yet and kind of want to see it in theaters, but my girlfriend is worried that it will be a bit too scary. She's a lightweight with horror in movies.

So if you've seen the movie, how scary would you say it is? Like on a 1-10 scale, I don't want any spoilers.

EDIT: Like... more or less scary than Dawn of the Dead?

Thanks!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It's not out yet, so unless someone here is a movie critic, no one else has either. So, while I can't give you a concrete answer, I have read reviews that say it does have several suspense-in-the-dark scenes. However, they supposedly become less scary as they become more familiar and more visible.

And for the record, I am also a horror lightweight. I cannot stand scary movies, but this movie doesn't look like it focuses on horror all throughout the movie. It is a sci-fi thriller.

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
Lets hope good ol Willy from Philly plays this role well. ^_^ Cmonnnnnn Mr. Smith!!

And if I was the last guy on earth, I'd have so much weaponry and firearms on me.

Double barrel shotgun: check

Firebombs: double check

Machetes: check

Revolvers: check

Grenades: check

No offense, but I like how when anyone brins up a zombie situation, they think that all they need will be just as easily accessible as groceries. I Mean Grenades? Can you even buy those?

but anyways, I'm gonna check it out. I loved the book and this movie is looking pretty cool

D

Deleted member

It's not out yet, but I saw this on the 30th of November at the Warner Bros Studios in Los Angeles

I went with my dad who is a movie critic (lol @ Buzz) to do the junket / press release, so yeah I got to see it and meet Will Smith / the directors / producers

ANYWAY, the movie's actually pretty good, really intense and scary as well. Scary for a PG-13, definitely.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It's not out yet, but I saw this on the 30th of November at the Warner Bros Studios in Los Angeles

I went with my dad who is a movie critic (lol @ Buzz) to do the junket / press release, so yeah I got to see it and meet Will Smith / the directors / producers

ANYWAY, the movie's actually pretty good, really intense and scary as well. Scary for a PG-13, definitely.
Hax! XD

I heard that the ending was horrible. Does it really leave you with nothing?

D

Deleted member

It's not that bad.

If you want to know what happens,
Will Smith gets raided by the zombies, they attack his house. He goes down into the basement with a girl and her son that met up with Will, who just seconds before discovered the cure for the disease. He draws a sample of zombie blood (the cure) and gives it to the girl, who escapes out the trap door and goes on to a human colony to spread the cure. Will sacrifices himself with a fire grenade to kill all the zombies invading, allowing the girl to escape.

Although, I just transcribed an interview with Akiva Goldsman and he said the ending was the most contentious part of the film, so who knows.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Ooh... the ending right there in front of me... Ummm... without spoiling anything... Did it feel like the movie had another 30 minutes left? That's what some reviews stated. :(

D

Deleted member

Whoever said that must not go to movies often. If you listen to the music and the way they were wrapping it up, it's easy to tell it was going to end very soon.

I think the reason why this movie is so scary is because they have such a ridiculous build up before the first zombie attack.

Edit: This movie is very scary. It's not as sci-fi as you'd think. It's freakin scary.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, I hate movie critics who assume that readers have seen every movie in existence. One review I read just whined about how everything had been done before and how unoriginal it was. The whole time I was thinking, "OK, but I don't watch those movies, and I am interested in just this plot and actor specifically." Another review had a different view in that "the movie borrowed the best elements from other movies", so while it was not 100% original, it was good mix of ideas already implemented elsewhere.

I guess the viewers just felt like there was more to the story (not that the credits caught them off guard). As long as the movie has a solid degree of resolution, I'll be happy.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, and is has that degree. You're fine. If you're excited about this movie I'm sure you'll love it. There's some really hard to watch scenes though, and not just scary scenes.

Top Bottom