• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am going to cry (serious thread)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
All I care about is this quote

"The Ftilt works! As long as you can pull it off fast enough, Bowser should be able to punch Olimar before she can recover."

Oh, and yeah, its not a big deal, just jump out of it

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only real thing that bothers me is that Bowser peeps are gonna come crashing in saying bowser has the advantage. It's still advantageous for Olimar depsite the infinite. Remember that.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
All I care about is this quote

"The Ftilt works! As long as you can pull it off fast enough, Bowser should be able to punch Olimar before she can recover."

Oh, and yeah, its not a big deal, just jump out of it
Gotta Love the Bowser boards.

Who's grab is better?
Problem solved.

YOSHI

Seriously, its still Bowser, it always has been Bowser, and always will be Bowser. WIN. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WIN.

cutter

Smash Champion
If Bowser's grab attack was as fast as Marth's then you guys would have a real problem on your hands. It's still an infinite but there is a possibility of a jump break.

Bowser has the best grab release in the game. :)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
And Bowser should be that close, why?
Doesn't Olimar naturally jump release?
Isn't Bowser's grab attack REALLY slow?
etc.

Bowser still gets ***** by Olimar.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Even if it was as fast Marth or Wolf performing the infinite, not only does Olimar destroy Bowser and everything he stands for, but he also can easily manage to not get grabbed. It's just Bowser trying to detract attention from D3, after all. :laugh:

RichBrown

Smash Master
whatever! yes, bowser should NEVER be that close. it's just up to us to learn how to jump release (i still have no idea what causes it and i really wanna know haha). I'm willing to acknowledge a 10 point swing in bowsers favor, like 30-70 to 35-65, but thats it.

If it weren't for his fiery breath, I'd say bowser should suck my balls.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
If we don't jump out, we're dead. I just messed around with Bowser (One of my joke secondaries) and uh.. the grab release to dtilt is more worrisome than the standing infinite.

Snail

Smash Lord
People resort to any cheap tactics as long as they can win. Apparently, having a sense of honor in this game is "scrub mentality".

Either way, I don't see this change the matchup drastically. Bowser seems to have grab release chaingrabs on most of the cast, yet his tourney results still suck pretty bad. Besides, grabbing Olimar isn't easy <_<

RichBrown

Smash Master
Grab release isn't cheap; it's a pretty standard part of the game imo. Sure, Bowser's grab release is pretty nuts, but what else does he have going for him? He's slow, doesn't have the greatest recovery ever, and is super easy to combo on. Every character can take advantage of grab release to an extent. Apart from Bowser, (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) it is possible escape any harm out of a grab release if you can correctly predict what your opponent is going to do. Usually just jumping away works fine.

And when it comes to cheap grabbing techniques, grab release<chain grabbing.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I want Bowser to try and grab Olimar. Makes the match up easier . Still an easy match up if your careful.

Bowser is one of my secondary mains. Grab releases are fun :). And most people will do anything within the rules to win. Why do you think MK and Snake are popular?

RichBrown, I believe Ice Climbers have a grab release infinite and Marth has some great grab release options similar to Bowser. But Bowser's options are the best.

Barge

And why why would olimar be that close to the edge, 1 stock down, facing towards the middle, with bowser right next to him :x

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Captain Olimar

Jab
Bowser can jab Olimar right out of a grab release. This will work 100% of the time.

Ftilt
The Ftilt works! As long as you can pull it off fast enough, Bowser should be able to punch Olimar before she can recover.

Dtilt
Bowser's awesome Dtilt works too! This is excellent for killing Olimar.

The Klaw
The Klaw works! you need to move forward slightly for it to hit though.

CHAINGRAB!!!!!!
Bowser has a standing infinite against Olimar! Just grab, let him go, then grab him again! Note that Olimar can break free with a jump release easily.

actually olimar has it better then some of the other chars...check it out.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Before Bowser can even make use of stuff like that he needs to do more basic stuff ... spacing, approaching...

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
now you know how Ness feels T_T

but just jump break....to do this you basically mash the control stick and c-stick...im pretty sure buttons dont do anything.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
People resort to any cheap tactics as long as they can win.
I strongly disagree. I, for one, do NOT resort to cheap tactics.
Does NC-Echo resort to grab release? No.
Does Mr. X resort to grab release? No.
Does Shrinkray resort to grab release? No.

There is a difference between winning with style...and winning without style.

olimar beasts bowser lol this makes pretty much no difference
Gimpyfish said that himself. :)

RichBrown

Smash Master
olimarfan, next time you play, try doing some grab release stuff on your friends and see how they react in game. you may find it's not as easy or "cheap" as you think. Typh once told me he compares it to "rock-paper-scissors," where if the "grab releaser" incorrectly predicts what the opponent does, he can get punished.

I posted a topic about this recently. I consider this a highly valuable technique and it has benefited me greatly due to my opponents consistently rolling towards me everytime i do it, allowing me to charge a Dsmash which hits with both pikmin ^_^

Ace55

Smash Lord
Does Olimar have a grab release? No.

geekd

Smash Apprentice
Apart from Bowser, (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) it is possible escape any harm out of a grab release if you can correctly predict what your opponent is going to do.
DK has a pretty sick grab release as well.

Bowsers grab release seems comparable to wall infinites. Every other characters seems closer to chaingrabbing. They're both a bit cheap but a definite part of the game--as long as it's there somebody will abuse it, regardless of how unfair it is. Why ***** and moan? just deal with it

RichBrown

Smash Master
Does Olimar have a grab release? No.

I personally tend to throw around the terms "grab release" and "chaingrabbing". I refer to Olimar's Dthrow-fair combo at early percents a chaingrab, even if the official definition doesn't classify it as so. What I'm trying to make clear is that when someone breaks out of Olimar's grab, there are a lot of ways to punish an opponent if they don't react correctly. The key phrase there is if they don't react correctly. I'm honestly surprised people view this as cheap. EVERY character has access to this. Yes, some more than others (bowser, dk, and marth have been mentioned) but the point is, every character can do things out of a grab release to some extent. It's really helped my game a lot.

geekd

Smash Apprentice
^ every character can do things out of a grab release unless it's against bowser. Then its an infinite which makes it borderline cheap. Bowsers grab release is more similar to a wall infinite than a chaingrab, which is why people are uneasy about it.

Whatever though--bowser needs as much help as he can get

edit: I do no think that olimars, or most characters for that matter, grab release is cheap in the slightest. No more so than most other aspects of this game that people exploit

RichBrown

Smash Master
Yes, Bowser's grab release is definitely different from everybody elses. Like you said though, Bowser needs all the help he can get haha. I have yet to even face a bowser, so I'm not even gonna worry about it for now. and when I do, I'll grab him ^_^

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Yes, Bowser's grab release is definitely different from everybody elses. Like you said though, Bowser needs all the help he can get haha. I have yet to even face a bowser, so I'm not even gonna worry about it for now. and when I do, I'll grab him ^_^
I heard that line so many times about Olimar.

Excellence

Smash Champion
People resort to any cheap tactics as long as they can win. Apparently, having a sense of honor in this game is "scrub mentality".

Either way, I don't see this change the matchup drastically. Bowser seems to have grab release chaingrabs on most of the cast, yet his tourney results still suck pretty bad. Besides, grabbing Olimar isn't easy <_<
There is no such thing is honor in competitive play, it is only a term used in lower level competitions to safeguard against tactics which seem otherwise unavoidable.

now you know how Ness feels T_T

but just jump break....to do this you basically mash the control stick and c-stick...im pretty sure buttons dont do anything.
Uh, no we don't. I pick Marth and infinity Ness before I kill him with FSmash, so even though I don't know anything about Marth, I can beat some pretty decent Ness players. Olimar on the other hand is no so easily grabbed, can escape the infinity, and will destroy Bowser before he can pull anything off.

There is a difference between winning with style...and winning without style.

Gimpyfish said that himself. :)
Are you trying to name good Olimars or you're naming familiar ones? All of these people use grab release because it is a good tactic. It works to perfection when implimented in mindgames. Grab Release -> FSmash happens to be my favorite especially because I can C-Stick pummel and the FSmash for an immediate attack. Style and winning shouldn't be used in the same sentence too often, because they don't go well together.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Are you trying to name good Olimars or you're naming familiar ones? All of these people use grab release because it is a good tactic. It works to perfection when implimented in mindgames. Grab Release -> FSmash happens to be my favorite especially because I can C-Stick pummel and the FSmash for an immediate attack. Style and winning shouldn't be used in the same sentence too often, because they don't go well together.
All of these people don't use grab release...I don't know man...I feel horrible when I win without style...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I like all the random people *****ing about how things are cheap, please continue to join tournaments so I can take your money and laugh while you complain ***gots.

Barge

I like all the random people *****ing about how things are cheap, please continue to join tournaments so I can take your money and laugh while you complain ***gots.
No ones complaining ******. Bowsers grab release is only a minor inconvenience, Olimar shouldnt be grabbed by bowser anyways

Top Bottom