• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am a SWF Admin, AMA (ask me anything)

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Did you make this thread to kill us?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Parerethesis that serves as a derivative from parvipotent mental stabilities for
that ''commentitious'', caliginous nature of ours, {that is vicariously cryptozoic},
can elaborate the thesis of one's excrescent behavior.

Why is this?
You post things like this and yet you still wonder why nobody likes you.

Anyway, question:

Do you ever get bored of this forum and working with it?
Seems like it would start to get pretty mundane after a few years.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Omg yes, Fast Like Tree is without a doubt the most amazing name these boards have ever seen.

Why is it sad that you live in Tennesee?
So many titans fans, it must be like heaven :p
I put that in a while ago when I was in undergrad because the Smash scene in Knoxville consisted of one other person. At the time, I was really into melee and wanted to get better but there was no one else to play with and it sucked :(

Have you ever added being an administrator on an MLG site in your resume or thought of adding it to your resume? Azua stated she did this and got a job at Gamestop iirc. Though, I'm assuming you're aiming higher than a job at Gamestop lol.
About a year ago I applied for a job at Riot Games (creators of League of Legends) and in my resume I put that I was an admin here. Ended up not getting the position for whatever reason, but I did use it.

Parerethesis that serves as a derivative from parvipotent mental stabilities for
that ''commentitious'', caliginous nature of ours, {that is vicariously cryptozoic},
can elaborate the thesis of one's excrescent behavior.

Why is this?
I feel that people who intentionally try to snow and confuse others others on any subject by stringing together convoluted terms and jargon solely for the purpose of the askers entertainment is a troll or an ***, and I'm not going to play that game.

Actually, that brings up a point that Noam Chomsky has said multiple times regarding many post modern philosophers; many feel the need to intentionally complicate what they say solely for that feeling of self gratification which, in the end, ruins not only their work (which is at heart meant to be communicated to the world) but also their field of study itself (in this sense philosophy). I am not calling you a postmodern philosopher in any way though, just that the analogy seems prudent. Try not to troll like this again or social repercussions will likely follow

Why is Alien Vision so obnoxious?
Being obnoxious is relative, so only you can answer that for yourself. Look into your heart and you will know the truth...

What does rolling thunder mean ;)

Do I get any sort of prize or consolation for helping you win?
Though you do know Rolling Thunder, non BRoomers do not:

At work we have a free weight room that I use 5 days a week. Instead of lifting weights, I do cardio instead, specifically boxing on the heavy and speed bags. Apparently I had gained a reputation for beating the **** out of the heavy bag by some of the regulars in the weight room. So a week ago I walked into the locker room to change and one of the security guards that is always down there sees me (the man is an older black man, bald with a white goatee and glasses) and, not knowing my name, just says:

'Here comes Rolling Thunder...'

I kind of laughed about it outloud when he said it, but in my mind I was all ready a bad *** :cool:

Did you make this thread to kill us?
Specify 'us'; the answer may vary accordingly...

You post things like this and yet you still wonder why nobody likes you.

Anyway, question:

Do you ever get bored of this forum and working with it?
Seems like it would start to get pretty mundane after a few years.
It gets mundane in every so often in terms of admin duties, but I enjoy the people here and they tend to keep things interesting with their updates and shenanigans.

Any cool family stories?
Yeah I have a few cool ones about SHUT THE **** UP CK :mad088:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I was joking guys, really. Why so serious? :c I just wanted to see if you would answer it, that's all. No trolling, or being an arrogant putz trying to act better than all of you because I know some big words that anyone could just as easily come across.

And, here is a real question! :D

Why do they leave the bank vaults open but chain the pen to the desk? :random:

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I was joking guys, really. Why so serious? :c I just wanted to see if you would answer it, that's all. No trolling, or being an arrogant putz trying to act better than all of you because I know some big words that anyone could just as easily come across.

is "pleonastic" in your word a day calendar?

Virgilijus

BRoomer

I posted in the OP no troll posts and you trolled; expecting any different response would be folly. If the people you want to laugh at your jokes are on a different wavelength, don't expect to bring down the house.

In bank vaults, the individual safes are locked; the vault is for when the bank is closed and no one is there to protect the safes inside. During the day it's not as much a problem. In fact, it would be a hindrance since they would need to laboriously open and close it every time a customer wanted to add or remove portions of their safe deposit box. The pen is chained for obvious reasons: they don't want it to fall to the floor, be in the same place, and not have people steal it.

Since you're rolling thunder, can the non-BRoomers get an "all my hate, all my sorrow?"

This name of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning sound TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU!

TAKE THIS! My love, my anger, and ALL MY SORROW!...

ROLLING THUNDEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!

Virgilijus

BRoomer
What just happened. . ?
You need to watch G Gundam; easily the best and most racist Gundam series ever produced.

Oh my gosh, Virgilijus is an admin? You've moved up while I was gone.

Where is McFox, and what have you done with him?
McFox resigned quite a while ago, got engaged to a person he met in Decisive Games and is having a grand time at life, though he doesn't post here much anymore :(

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Could you post your favorite piece of art here? That you've done I mean.

That's right Virg, I didn't forget that you were an artist before you were a writer. Your dirty secret's out!

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Could you post your favorite piece of art here? That you've done I mean.

That's right Virg, I didn't forget that you were an artist before you were a writer. Your dirty secret's out!
You...

IP BANNED!

Of the things I have scanned onto my computer, these three are my favorites, though the first isn't a complete piece, but I like the look regardless.

The last is probably my favorite; it was a redo of a panel from Neil Gaiman's The Sandman that I felt I needed to put onto larger canvas.

Hey Virg, where's your avatar from?
My avatar is from the series Ghost in the Shell which is my favorite anime. It actually surpassed Cowboy Bebop, which seemed like blasphemy till a few years ago, but it's true. The music is done by the same person (Yoko Kanno) and is more electronic but, for all intents and purposes, just as good.

The reason I like the show is because the plots are heavy and complicated and well written. The Major, the character from my avatar, is an actual female lead that doesn't hide behind other people. Very smart show. You'd enjoy it, especially considering our debate the other day about consciousness.

What's your favorite TV show?

Most satisfying ban?
The greatest TV show ever made is The Wire. There is no debate in my mind. For me it transcended what I knew television could do.

Bans are satisfying; clicking a button so one person can't come to one of a billion websites to troll other anonymous users is a very minute thing in the big picture. Don't get any joy from it.

Unless one day I get to ban Tom; that guy's just asking for it with all his cat posts :mad:

Virgilijus

BRoomer
He will be stripped of all admin functions and given only access to the Brawl Falcon boards, which he will mod alone.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I posted in the OP no troll posts and you trolled; expecting any different response would be folly. If the people you want to laugh at your jokes are on a different wavelength, don't expect to bring down the house.
It was not trolling. You said ''Ask me anything''. I asked you a question that was different from everyone else's, and wanted to see if you would answer it. That's practically me just wanting to see something, and you doing exactly what this thread was made for. So it's a win/win. Next question:

Why are you acting like you're the victim here? ;)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Dude you just posted a string of words that literally (not in my opinion haha) made no sense.

Vicariously cryptozoic for example literally does not make sense. Like, it is impossible. It means nothing.

/answering for Big Virg

Virgilijus

BRoomer
It was not trolling. You said ''Ask me anything''. I asked you a question that was different from everyone else's, and wanted to see if you would answer it. That's practically me just wanting to see something, and you doing exactly what this thread was made for. So it's a win/win. Next question:

Why are you acting like you're the victim here? ;)
I said 'All trolling posts will be ignored'. Are being 'unique' and 'trolling' mutually exclusive? No. Proof: your question was unique because no other questions were trolling. As EE pointed out, your question quite literally made no sense in the shade of Chomsky's famous 'colorless green ideas sleep furiously'. The options are either you wrote the question thinking it made sense, in which case your handling of the English language is lacking or you are trolling. Assuming you are not a fool, it can only be the latter. Maybe the Dunning-Kruger effect is a possibility.

False supposition; not going to dignify your question with a formal response.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Should meta knight be banned?
Depends on what ends you want. If you want more diversity in winners placings, then yes, it would help.

If you want the game to be fair, removing a character that isn't broken (as far as I know he isn't entirely broken) is contrary to it.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I find it really funny when people cite the Dunning-Kruger effect, like, ever. Especially as a pejorative though. Just... think about it.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I find it really funny when people cite the Dunning-Kruger effect, like, ever. Especially as a pejorative though. Just... think about it.
As part of a gaming site, the effect is very pervasive. Where ever there is competition or ranking, there is a misrepresentation of skill; it's just a human trait. I'm not immune to it as well; as much as I'd like to think I'm good at writing or boxing, I'm most likely beneath my expectations.

I wasn't saying it as any intended insult, just publicly wondering about it's merits in this particular discussion.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Why does perfection exist?

@ EE, it did make sense. Vicariously (Influenced through the actions of those around you) cryptozoic (non-existent).

Basically, it's just a bunch of big words that explain how humans possess a shadow that causes them to create weak, defensive mechanisms, to justify their perfection through jaded, mindless protocol we've designed to protect ourselves from the face of our reality because of the alienating standards humans made to support their own protection. ;)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Where are you getting that definition of "cryptozoic" from?

Cryptozoic is a time period, it means "pre-Cambrian period"

It also is used to describe objects or animals in the wild that are hidden by shrubbery/greenery.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Sorry fella, but that's not what either of those words mean. Either in popular use or ... in any form.

'sgibberish.

But, don't wanna derail. Big Virg! What do you think of H.G. Wells? I picked up Invisible Man finally and am bangin' through it in a hurry, it's a nice little book. It's funny, I used to think Wells was a cynic but the preface by the editor suggested that he was just a lonely person that felt alienated and it gives a new context to some of his stuff.

/lolwhoreadstheasedays

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Derailing a tiny bit one last time. Then I am done trying to explain myself :/

cryptozoic
adj. - living hidden, or in darkness. (The {}'s in that passage with big words was sarcasm. Lol. So I used cryptozoic to mock how the shadow is unseen, and practically non-existent.)

vicariously
adv. - done or suffered by one person on behalf of another or others. (People's standards vicariously affect us. We change subconsciouslly if people don't accept what we are to be.)

I apologize Virg. .-.

Top Bottom