• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
And here's Linkle's trailer! :happysheep:
Duuude, that new music! I love the music in the Wii U version, but it's nice to hear some new tunes, especially like that!

And I second a previous poster. New weapons for Darunia and Ruth would be totes awesome.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I finally 100% completed Adventure mode! A Rank on all missions, all the weapons, costumes, Heart Pieces, and Gold Skulltulas, everything! And it only took an entire year hahaaaaaaa...

Now I just need to 100% challenge mode and I'll be done! Until I get Legends when I'll inevitably have to do everything again. :'D
You won't have to worry about redoing Challenge mode, since that won't be available in Hyrule Warriors Legends; Ganon and the Giant Cuccoo are Wii U exclusive playables.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
You won't have to worry about redoing Challenge mode, since that won't be available in Hyrule Warriors Legends; Ganon and the Giant Cuccoo are Wii U exclusive playables.
Yeah I know, but it's pretty likely we'll get all the Adventure maps + new maps in Legends. Probably one based on WW. I'm fine with this because it'll hopefully give us heart pieces for the DLC characters.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finally beat the game after about a year. I don't know if I even gonna consider doing all of Adventure Mode, which I finished a few of them at the moment. I mean, beating the main game was my only priority.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
We got new Famitsu scaaaans woooaah
We got some new costumes! They're based on WW and PH characters! From what I can tell:
Darunia - Biggoron (Phantom Hourglass)
Ganondorf - Phantom Ganon TRON GANON
Zant - Gohdan
Ghirahim - Kalle Demos
Link - Toon Link (Outset Island outfit)
Fi - Great Fairy
Toon Link - Outset Island outfit
Tetra - Bandanna/Jacket color swap

The only one I'm stumped on is Lana :/ Skull Kid seems to have one as well, but I'm not sure what it's based on.

We're also getting some sort customizable Fairy ally. I'm not sure what it does, but you can dress it up in various outfits, some of which are based off other characters.

Also, a Wind Waker adventure map, plus confirmation that the old Adventure maps returning!

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
We got new Famitsu scaaaans woooaah
We got some new costumes! They're based on WW and PH characters! From what I can tell:
Darunia - Biggoron (Phantom Hourglass)
Ganondorf - Phantom Ganon TRON GANON
Zant - Gohdan
Ghirahim - Kalle Demos
Link - Toon Link (Outset Island outfit)
Fi - Great Fairy
Toon Link - Outset Island outfit

The only one I'm stumped on is Lana :/

We're also getting some sort customizable Fairy ally. I'm not sure what it does, but you can dress it up in various outfits, some of which are based off other characters.

Also, a Wind Waker adventure map, plus confirmation that the old Adventure maps returning!
Why does Lana have a Tiki (fire emblem) outfit?

And what's happening withe the fairy? They kinda remind me of the Twilight Princess one

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Here are the translations from the Legends Famitsu Scans:
My Fairy
My Fairy is one of the new features of Hyrule Warriors Legends. In Adventure Mode, you can find some fairies by examining pots, and befriend them. Doing so allows you to take one with you as a “My Fairy”, and it will help you during battle with its powers. Famitsu specifies that you can only bring one fairy with you, and recommends you take one based on the element attribute of the map (so you can get an advantage, which is something you’re already supposed to do with your weapons and characters).

What’s more, we learn that you can “customise” fairies, in order to have them suit your playstyle as much as possible. When playing Adventure Mode, you will find some food for your fairies (such as Lon Lon Milk or Magic Beans): give it to them in order to change their personalities. Apparently, the higher the difficulty, the more effective the food becomes (with better effects).

After a while and enough feeding, your fairies will level up, and they will be able to learn new skills. One of the screenshots in the scans below shows a fairy with 3 skills rented from friends, and one skill from the player (which implies that each fairy can only have up to 4 skills at a time).

But that’s not all: you can also give some clothes to your fairies, in order to change their look. Unsurprisingly, there will be special costumes based on characters from The Legend of Zelda series (such as Zelda or Fi). Unfortunately, Famitsu doesn’t say how you get them (maybe by fighting alongside the character the costume is based on?). There will also be a Famitsu costume, available exclusively via the magazine (more details to be revealed at a later date).

Here’s some of the facilities where you can take care of your fairies:

• Dining Room: that’s where you go to feed them;
  • Salon: that’s where you go to change their clothes;
  • School: that’s where you go to change their rental skills;
  • Party: you can exchange skills with other players via local wireless. You can then rent them at any time.
Adventure Mode
As revealed on Tuesday, Adventure Mode gets a new map in Hyrule Warriors Legends: the Great Sea, from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. If you complete the various missions on this map, you will get costumes for returning and new characters (you can see them in the scans below!), and various other treasures.

Here’s the list of items available in the Great Sea map, and which are useable on the map itself (similar to the compass in the regular maps):

• Wind Waker: removes Wind Walls, so you can pass through them.
  • Salvage Arm: you can use it to unlock new rewards.
  • Sea Map: when you use it, a Fishman appears and draws enemy locations on map (which unlocks new battles).
  • Cannon: destroys enemy ships, which removes disadvantageous rules from the battle.
  • Hero’s Bow: allows you to get rid of whirlpools, in order to remove disadvantageous rules from the battle.
  • Boomerang: you can use it to defeat Big Octos, in order to remove disadvantageous rules from the battle.
  • Hyoi Pear: just like in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, you can use it to lure seagulls. They will discover hidden treasures for you, which unlocks new rewards.
  • Power Bracelets: you can move Stone Heads with those, in order to unlock new battles.
  • Hammer: you can hit switches with it, in order to unlock new battles.
  • Deku Leaf: you can use it on a windmill in order to reveal hidden staircases, in order to unlock new rewards.
Also, Famitsu reveals that just like the extra characters, the DLC maps for the Adventure Mode of Hyrule Warriors (on Wii U) will be available from the get go in Hyrule Warriors Legends. In other words: you will not have to buy and/or unlock them again. Obviously, you will not be able to transfer them back to the Wii U version. Unfortunately, the magazine doesn’t say whether the new Adventure Map can be transfered or not, like the new characters and weapons.

Finally, we learn that Network Links have been replaced by StreetPass Links in Hyrule Warriors Legends. However, it looks like they work the same way: when you get one from another player, they will appear in one of the maps. If you help them, you will get some juicy rewards.
My Fairy certainly sounds interesting, and I'm glad they're bringing back Network Links (Now Streetpass Links, hopefully they'll work properly this time :O )

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Koei Techmo released a 5-minute video featuring a short look at every character, as well as a glance at the new adventure mode and My Fairy:
And Toon Link being especially adorable at the end :dr^_^:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About Lana's new color, it is the one and only...

And Tetra seems based on Nico.

There's only Skull Kid where I can't get the reference. (but let's not forget Agitha's Gothic and Sweet lolita colors)

Also, I'm somehow hyped for the My Fairy system. Hyrule Warriors > Style Savvy.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Wow the activity in here is booming, way too fast for me. Good thing I stopped posting back in February.

Joking aside, new characters are nice outside of Linkle, hope they come onto Wii U
Didn't play HW for like 8 months until around the end of October to see how the boss DLC is, man it's annoying as hell since Beast ganon is gigantic and the hearts taken off on him is the equivalent of TP maps even from fodder.

Ghirahim outfit is the best. I still wanna protect Volga's smile. Also customizable fairies? This game truly is turning more and more into Waifu Warriors what with the addition of Linkle and these fairies.

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Wow the activity in here is booming, way too fast for me. Good thing I stopped posting back in February.

Joking aside, new characters are nice outside of Linkle, hope they come onto Wii U.
If I remember right, it has been confirmed that all of the new characters will transfer over to the Wii U version if you have the 3DS one. I don't know if it'll be a Mewtwo in Smash 4 situation where you can buy them separately later on the Wii U eshop as well though.

Last edited:

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I hope that's the case. I've sunk too many hours into the Wii U version, and I'd rather get Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon than HW 3DS at the moment.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not a lot of activity here.

I hope Legends gets a few more characters. Personally, I'm hoping for:

Groose
Toon Zelda
Nabooru
Happy Mask Salesman
Yeti from TP
Twinova

And maybe even Link's Uncle lol

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Koei Techmo has uploaded some gameplay footage of Legends, showing both Link and Linkle's first missions, as well as Adventure mode and My Fairy.

Some important things to note:

- Old weapon locations have been moved.
- Previous DLC characters now have hearts/upgrades integrated into the maps.
- New variation of level 3 weapon with a default 500 base power and 7 skill slots.
- The Master Sword has two Sealed Skills.
- The level cap is 99 again.
- Toon Link is in the WW map, Aryll speaks for him through the Pirate's Charm.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I seriously feel like everything in the 3DS stays in the 3DS.
Nothing going over to Wii U, tier 4 weapons and them being 500 damage is most likely to compensate for the level cap being 99.

It's saddening this will most likely just be in the handheld only and instead of more levels and such, they're doing fairy DLC. Dress up your pretty waifu.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Here's a comparison between both versions, if anyone's interested:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Hopefully having a New 3DS helps keep the framerate a little more consistent...
It certainly does! There's also a comparison between the original 3DS and the New 3DS.
As you can see, it's greatly recommended that you play this on the N3DS.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It really should be an exclusive.

No point in selling it for the normal 3DS.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
There is point given it's a much larger install base. It may be inferior to play, but enough people would accept that over buying a new console to play it on.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It really should be an exclusive.

No point in selling it for the normal 3DS.
Not everyone has the money to get a New Nintendo 3DS though. If the ZL and ZR buttons are mandatory, however, then that would prompt making the game New 3DS exclusive; that was definitely the case with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

I will say though, that if anyone has played Hyrule Warriors, you definitely need the ZL and ZR buttons to perform every kind of action.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
They still should've made it exclusive, they need more games to justify the New 3DS anyway
They also need games to get sales figures. I don't know why they haven't done Gba virtual console for N3DS though, would be a quick way to get interest, especially if they do Mother 3 or port your Wii U Vc games (possibly as $1 upgrade).

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Behold, our first look at the new characters on the Wii U version! They look amazing! :drflip:

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Looks like there's two more unrevealed character two, or else they would have changed the character select, Groose
There's actually a DLC option on the Legend's demo menu, which means we're probably gonna get new characters eventually.

I personally would like to see Nabooru get in.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There's actually a DLC option on the Legend's demo menu, which means we're probably gonna get new characters eventually.

I personally would like to see Nabooru get in.
Nabooru gets my vote. Also pushing for Groose, Happy Mask Salesman, Saria, Naryu & Din (Oracles), Yeto (that Yeti guy), and maybe even Link's Uncle.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
My most wanted are definitely Koume and Kotake, especially with the potential of Twinrova as their magic meter... also flying on brooms as their running animation would be amazing.

Groose is also fairly high on my list, and I'd like to see Vaati; but other than that I'm more interested in new weapons like the four sword or a train (conductor's outfit I guess) for toon link, more movesets for ganondorf (magic, phantom steed, longsword (like Twilight Princess), or captain falcondorf could all be cool), more Linkle because Linkle is awesome! and I'd kinda like to see Sheik get something new because it's silly she's so important in the campaign and didn't give her anything new or make her a Zelda costume (or weapon), not sure what though, whip or burst grenades seem the best bets there... Characters can be great, but there aren't that many that match my wish for more weapon choices for the most important characters.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Who do I want?

Hmm....

From the games we have?

Groose
Toon Ganondorf
Happy Mask Salesman

From other games?
Linebeck
Byrne
Ravio
Vaati

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Just wanted to make a quick post about Lana's Summoning Gate in Legends. It now summons orbs of energy, rather than the giant bosses themselves.
It does however still summon the Giant Cucco

A shame since the Gate was one of my favorite weapons in the Wii U version, because of the tiny giant bosses. :drshrug:

Top Bottom