• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

the8thark

Smash Lord
This game is a beast can't get enough of it.
But since ssb4 is out i rarly play it :crazy:
I am getting quite a bit of Hyrule Warriors use.
I do not own a 3DS and Australia gets the WiiU version of SSB last in the world. So I have lots of waiting time for SSB WiiU. And in that time Hyrule Warriors can be played.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Yes and it's a limited time thing too as far as I know so better register the game there ASAP to get the DLC code for Ganon's costumes.
The extra costumes will eventually become directly purchasable via eshop, that's what I read at least.

I just finished hunting down all 100 skulltulas. The boss-rush reward map is quite annoying with the jarring obnoxious 'BOSS IS HERE' cutscenes which ruin my attempts at A-rank every time as I'm constantly blindsided. I believe they'll be patching the game to include the option to turn off those cutscenes, I welcome it, but why wasn't it an option upon release?? It's my biggest gripe with the game by far.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
I just finished hunting down all 100 skulltulas. The boss-rush reward map is quite annoying with the jarring obnoxious 'BOSS IS HERE' cutscenes which ruin my attempts at A-rank every time as I'm constantly blindsided. I believe they'll be patching the game to include the option to turn off those cutscenes, I welcome it, but why wasn't it an option upon release?? It's my biggest gripe with the game by far.
Do you even need an A on all of the special skulltula stages? I earnt the first one this morning, did it got a AAB for a B overall and it still gave me the first (of the 2) Link costumes.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Sorry for this noob question, but the preorder purchase of the DLC is $20 right? Once I pay this what exactly is fully paid? ALl the DLC coming out in the pack or just bits by bits? Like will I have to pay more when they're actually out?

the8thark

Smash Lord
Sorry for this noob question, but the preorder purchase of the DLC is $20 right? Once I pay this what exactly is fully paid? ALl the DLC coming out in the pack or just bits by bits? Like will I have to pay more when they're actually out?
If you buy the DLC master pack (or whatever it's called) for roughly $20 (differs by location) you'll have all 4 DLC packs purchased plus a dark link costume you can only get by buying the DLC bundle. And then you just slowly wait for 1 DLC pack to be released each month. The first one is supposedly to be released with in 24 hours.

http://www.zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/
Official link to all of the DLC info.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
If you buy the DLC master pack (or whatever it's called) for roughly $20 (differs by location) you'll have all 4 DLC packs purchased plus a dark link costume you can only get by buying the DLC bundle. And then you just slowly wait for 1 DLC pack to be released each month. The first one is supposedly to be released with in 24 hours.

http://www.zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/
Official link to all of the DLC info.
So it's released tomorrow O: ???

the8thark

Smash Lord
So it's released tomorrow O: ???
The $20 DLC combo has 4 DLC packs in it. One pack is releasing each month starting from this month. This month's pack should be released by tomorrow.

The other 3 packs are scheduled to be released in:
November
January
February
One pack to be released on each of those months. And all covered in the initial $20 cost.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
The $20 DLC combo has 4 DLC packs in it. One pack is releasing each month starting from this month. This month's pack should be released by tomorrow.

The other 3 packs are scheduled to be released in:
November
January
February
One pack to be released on each of those months. And all covered in the initial $20 cost.
Yeah sorry for not wording my reply specifically, I knew the others were to release at a later date. Oh wow im glad I asked the question whether its all purchased or not. Im definitely purchasing it once I get home (:
Thanks for the info @ the8thark the8thark

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
So, when does the update/dlc go live in US? It says "available now" but I haven't seen hide nor hair of it. I just want my horsey...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So, when does the update/dlc go live in US? It says "available now" but I haven't seen hide nor hair of it. I just want my horsey...
If you've already paid for the DLC, it'll be installed onto your Wii U, even when you've turned it off. Of course, the new DLC does require an update to be installed first.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
My first impressions with the new characters:

Cia - She might take some practice to use effectively. Most of her attacks tend to spread damage rather than focus it.

Volga - An absolute monster. His final combo attack (where he turns into a dragon) inflicts huge damage.

Wizzro - Fun to use and well-rounded. No obvious flaws. Pew pew pew!

Link (Epona) - Light element :[] Amazing mobility, constantly moving. Damage output seems pretty high compared to Link's other weapons, but it's less precise as a result of the ease of movement.

Also, we can switch off mid-battle cutscenes in adventure mode now, excellent.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay uhhhh...I paid for the DLC but don't see it anywhere.

Scratch that. Just got it. Just had to complain. Lol.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Thanks to the new Guardian of Time costume, at least you can play as Cia without being so heavily distracted by her unusual wardrobe.

Okay uhhhh...I paid for the DLC but don't see it anywhere.

Scratch that. Just got it. Just had to complain. Lol.
For those who are having that problem, close the software, and then reopen it. You can check the Download Management to see what has been installed if you have to.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Cia's strong attack/immunity to knockback/stun actually includes things like ReDead's scream and Manhandla's rapid seed shot attack.

Words cannot describe how much of a turn on that is for me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Cia's strong attack/immunity to knockback/stun actually includes things like ReDead's scream and Manhandla's rapid seed shot attack.
Words cannot describe how much of a turn on that is for me.
Well, I think I found my third most used character.
Not gonna beat Ghirahim and Midna for me, but wow, that sounds great.
I was already considering maining her because of that whip, but that sort of seals the deal.

@ Kenith Kenith You weren't kidding when you said Ghirahim was op. :love:
That laugh do anything for you?

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Cia is actually pretty damn good once you get the hang of her moveset. She easily wipes out surrounding hordes of mooks with a quick spam-worthy AoE, has access to a punchy long-ranged attack (not very wide though) and can effortlessly finish the weakness meter of a large boss with those x4 circular magic landmines. Her attacks involving Dark Link are a bit gimmicky, but they work fine.

Last edited:

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Can't wait for the next DLC that'll be coming down the line. This one is really good and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wish they'd tell us who or what is in the Twilight Princess pack already.
I need my Ashei.

Or course, they could simply not have a Twilight Princess character in that pack, and it could just be Groose.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Ya I'm pretty sure we'll start hearing about the content for next months pack soon. Respecitively I am hoping for True Form Midna to be the weapon, Hero's Shade to be one of the costumes, and for the character, there's a couple option, but ya Ashei could work, but so could a Yeti or any of the other freedom fighters... Groose would be awesome though

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Ya I'm pretty sure we'll start hearing about the content for next months pack soon. Respecitively I am hoping for True Form Midna to be the weapon, Hero's Shade to be one of the costumes, and for the character, there's a couple option, but ya Ashei could work, but so could a Yeti or any of the other freedom fighters... Groose would be awesome though
*gasp* I never even considered the possibility of getting Yeto/Yeta as a character... now I'm burning with curiosity. Yeti with an ice sled weapon? Yes please.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm wholeheartedly expecting True Midna as the new weapon.
The costumes could be anything.

Such as:
- Zora Armor (Link)
- Magic Armor (Link)
- Villager Clothes (Link)
- Mourning Cloak (Zelda)
- Helmetless (Midna)
- [assuming Ashei is playable] Yeti hood

helado caducado

Smash Rookie
NNID
khmaster
3DS FC
3265-5104-9952
I have the dlc , I like it, I have to train maripola to beat one stage in the new adventure map

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Using that Fierce Deity Blade would be amazing, but knowing Nintendo, they're probably just going to have the alternate costume. :(

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but Fierce Diety link should really only be a costume(since it fits Link's normal size), and the blade could easily be a master sword variant, there's no need for another link sword moveset, he already has 2 and a half(Epona half counts). The weapon could go to a number of characters, and there are better options, maybe throwing fins for Ruto?

Also for the characters, Skull kid is kinda inevitable, but for the other one, Happy Mask Salesman, the Gerudo leader perhaps(can't remember her name, but we really need a female Gerudo :( ), Romani even

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
It's strange how there's some instances of other characters (Zelda/Shiek) wielding Link's 8-bit sword with the same moves in the new adventure mode map.

Also, if there's any search space in the Master Quest adventure mode where you can't figure out which item to use, it probably requires the flute, I have no idea why.

Last edited:
Top Bottom