• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
So, uh, stupid question time. That Guardian of Time outfit that both Cia and Lana have...

Is that what they looked like when they were one person?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So, uh, stupid question time. That Guardian of Time outfit that both Cia and Lana have...

Is that what they looked like when they were one person?
Yes it is. I'm assuming that the Cia version is what she actually looked like.
As for her personality, I guess we won't ever really know.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Yes it is. I'm assuming that the Cia version is what she actually looked like.
As for her personality, I guess we won't ever really know.
I imagine her being pretty mature and quiet. Although, I kinda feel sorry for Cia and Lana. Cia got corrupted I know, but I have a feeling that if Ganondorf hadn't have possessed her she wouldn't have gone crazy. She more than likely would've watched Link from affar, secretly seething that Zelda was with him. Depressing really. She was probably lonely too.

And on another note, I wonder how the whole Guardian of Time thing worked. I've only played Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, but I don't understand how she basically replaced the sages in guarding the triforce. How did she come into that sort of position I wonder, and when? Cia/lana look young, but appearances can be deceiving. Even though she collected the triforce, she probably wasn't able to use it because she isn't a chosen wielder, merely a protector in a sense.

A part of me wishes Cia and Lana could've become one person again however. Oh well.

I know I'm rambling. Hyrule Warriors has a lot of plot holes that Zelda fans might notice and doesn't have the best story, but it was still interesting all things considered.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I imagine her being pretty mature and quiet. Although, I kinda feel sorry for Cia and Lana. Cia got corrupted I know, but I have a feeling that if Ganondorf hadn't have possessed her she wouldn't have gone crazy. She more than likely would've watched Link from affar, secretly seething that Zelda was with him. Depressing really. She was probably lonely too.

And on another note, I wonder how the whole Guardian of Time thing worked. I've only played Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, but I don't understand how she basically replaced the sages in guarding the triforce. How did she come into that sort of position I wonder, and when? Cia/lana look young, but appearances can be deceiving. Even though she collected the triforce, she probably wasn't able to use it because she isn't a chosen wielder, merely a protector in a sense.

A part of me wishes Cia and Lana could've become one person again however. Oh well.

I know I'm rambling. Hyrule Warriors has a lot of plot holes that Zelda fans might notice and doesn't have the best story, but it was still interesting all things considered.
It is dynasty warriors, the story is never really the main focus and this does take place in a separate universe so the plot holes don't really matter

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
It would be nice if a female villain was portrayed as irredeemably evil without an excuse for once, but hey, we're all hard-wired to prioritize women, Cia is no exception. A pure lady corrupted by a vile man, her evil is a reflection of his evil - this story tends to pop up a lot in media.

Funny though, notice the distribution of gender between good and evil characters.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I have a much more stupid question. On the adventure map in the DLC, it seems like I'm stuck. Do I need to A-rank some of these to open up the adjacent paths? The only ones I have open require a harp which I don't have yet nor can I reach. >_O Made sure to complete the new scenario levels as well. I'm just not entirely sure how Adventure Mode works fully.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
I have a much more stupid question. On the adventure map in the DLC, it seems like I'm stuck. Do I need to A-rank some of these to open up the adjacent paths? The only ones I have open require a harp which I don't have yet nor can I reach. >_O Made sure to complete the new scenario levels as well. I'm just not entirely sure how Adventure Mode works fully.
If you're ever blocked from progressing then either you need a higher rank on a particular tile or there's an obstacle which requires the usage of a hook-shot or raft. Some stages are quite difficult to achieve A-rank solo even with level 60+ characters using a decent weapon, multiplayer helps a lot if you don't mind the hit to graphics and frame-rate.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
It's strange how there's some instances of other characters (Zelda/Shiek) wielding Link's 8-bit sword with the same moves in the new adventure mode map.

Also, if there's any search space in the Master Quest adventure mode where you can't figure out which item to use, it probably requires the flute, I have no idea why.
The first asventure map is mostly the Zelda 1 first quest overworld for secret placement.
I think the master quest map is mostly the Zelda 1 second quest for secret placement.

My reasoning for this is the place where level 2 is in the 1st quest is a lake in 2nd quest (it's level 3 I believe in 2nd quest). But it's also a lake on the master quest map. If I am correct, this will help people find all of the secrets there.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've figured out the location for where to search for Ruto's level 3 weapon, but I'm pretty much stuck on what tool to use. I tried a raft, but it didn't work. Maybe I need to place the raft on the water? If anyone has Ruto's level 3 weapon, feel free to tell me what to do.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I've figured out the location for where to search for Ruto's level 3 weapon, but I'm pretty much stuck on what tool to use. I tried a raft, but it didn't work. Maybe I need to place the raft on the water? If anyone has Ruto's level 3 weapon, feel free to tell me what to do.
I believe you may have to use the Ladder, but I'm not too sure on that.

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
I just finished playing through every scenario in Story Mode or whatever it's called and didn't come even close to playing as every character, getting every Skulltula, or levelling up everyone. So I'm wondering: is the point of the game to play through it over and over until you 100% it?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just finished playing through every scenario in Story Mode or whatever it's called and didn't come even close to playing as every character, getting every Skulltula, or levelling up everyone. So I'm wondering: is the point of the game to play through it over and over until you 100% it?
To 100% the game you're mostly going to be playing Adventure Mode. However, if you want to lay off Story Mode for a while, you can use Adventure Mode (or Free Mode) to level up characters used in the Story Mode to ridiculous levels so getting all the Skulltulas is easier.

At least that's how I'm doing it.

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
To 100% the game you're mostly going to be playing Adventure Mode. However, if you want to lay off Story Mode for a while, you can use Adventure Mode (or Free Mode) to level up characters used in the Story Mode to ridiculous levels so getting all the Skulltulas is easier.

Hey, that's a good idea. I played Free Mode once and just dismissed it. But I didn't know that it would carry over into Story Mode.

the8thark

Smash Lord

The other way is to earn the first Skulltula rewards map, and farm it for the 40k rupee competition bonus + multiple chances at good materials and weapons.
I'm just doing all the adventure map stages with whatever characters I can and using the rupees to level up my characters. And when the characters are all weaponed up to Lv3 and I high character level I'll go back and earn any heart pieces and skulltulas I missed. The heart pieces are totally pointless in Adventure mode cause of the damage limits the game gives you. But people like to 100% the game (as do I) so I'll get the heart peices eventually and slowly.

Use the step ladder on the furtherest out to sea (2nd one) wooden platform.
For those who don't know the stepladder was used in dungeons to move over one tile of water. Also in this same square (or the one above I forget which) there is a heart piece on the 2nd platform out to sea which you use the stepladder to get.

The raft is only used in two places in the entire game (same in both quests I believe). That is to set off from a wooden jetty to move across the water to the above screen. In Hyrule Warriors if the required Rank needed to move to the above screen is a lock symbol then you need an item to unlock it then you can beat the level, achieve the required rank and move up. And in 2 of these screens with locks to move upwards you need the raft to unlock the path upwards.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Use the step ladder on the furtherest out to sea (2nd one) wooden platform.
For those who don't know the stepladder was used in dungeons to move over one tile of water. Also in this same square (or the one above I forget which) there is a heart piece on the 2nd platform out to sea which you use the stepladder to get.

The raft is only used in two places in the entire game (same in both quests I believe). That is to set off from a wooden jetty to move across the water to the above screen. In Hyrule Warriors if the required Rank needed to move to the above screen is a lock symbol then you need an item to unlock it then you can beat the level, achieve the required rank and move up. And in 2 of these screens with locks to move upwards you need the raft to unlock the path upwards.
Thanks for the tip. On a side note, I did spot a Hookshot target, so I'm probably guessing that you use your Hookshot item on that.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Thanks for the tip. On a side note, I did spot a Hookshot target, so I'm probably guessing that you use your Hookshot item on that.
You're welcome.

And you're right about the hookshot targets. In Zelda 1 moving up from B16 to A16 was walking through the mountain wall. Can't do that on the Hyrule Warriors map so they added the hookshot (just cause they can) for it. There's a few other oddities like that too, in the original game buy Hyrule Warriors can't do it so they improvise with the hookshoot and digging mits/ice arrow for map squares with no secrets in Zelda 1.

(offtopic) But Zelda 2 was the first Nintendo game I ever played back in the day, but I a while later played Zelda 1 a lot and am going from memory here, and the printed game guide to Hyrule Warriors I bought. I have to take a risk for the 2nd quest adventure map when using the items there. I know where the secrets are in 2nd Quest Zelda 1 but I'm not sure how closely the master quest map follows the 2nd quest Zelda 1 map for overworld secrets.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well; got Impa to level 99. Officially my first Maxed out character(bar future hearts obtained from adventure map packs and one additional slot for her 5 star, level 3 weaponry). How many level 99s has everyone else got at this point?

Trying and failing horribly with getting both Zelda's level 3 baton and Zant's level 2(and level 3) schmitars. Any tips for those missions? Zelda is level 60, Zant is currently level 46. I'm just...not very good with Zant in general.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On my way to getting Lana's Summoning Gate weapon, I can't believe how brutal Ruto's level 3 weapon mission is. You have so many Big Poes and high HP Aeralfos' attacking the Allied Base, AND you've got rogue Cuccoos running all over the place as well.

Ruto was just way too underleveled for me to even get the A-rank, which pretty much means that her level 3 weapon is beyond my reach until I can buff up her level even more.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
My only level 99 character is Link, all the others are hovering around 65-85, mostly in the 70s.

For Zelda's rank 3 baton tile, first focus on destroying all the bombchus, then head back down to defeat the enemies attacking your keeps. Next take the other bottom keeps, save the fire fairy. After that you can basically just expand upward and defend whenever necessary.

When it comes to using Zant, never use his sluggish 'summon a hand' attack which leaves him open from the back for ~5 seconds while not even doing that much damage or covering a large area (worst attack in the game imo). His best attack for large bosses is either his regular combo or creating the rapid fire spinning helmet thing in the middle of them so most of the bullets hit. The best attack for mooks is the giant stomping one. Just remember to end the combo attacks correctly so Zant doesn't exhaust himself. Also release his rage(?) whenever you get the chance - you don't have to attack when you take off his helmet, the bar diminishes automatically. Both of his rage attacks aren't amazing, although they're fun to use.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy
Ruto's rank 3 weapon quest is pretty brutal, I suggest immediately heading to the center area and attempting to wipe out most of poes and lizalfos which all seem to gravitate there (including the first two objectives), ignore the keeps until they've been sufficiently weakened. Luckily, I don't think that particular tile is required for Lana's summoning gate, you could always take another route if you wish. Also, cuccoos can't really do much to Ruto if you spam her 'aqua sphere' attack and keep moving.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy
Ruto's rank 3 weapon quest is pretty brutal, I suggest immediately heading to the center area and attempting to wipe out most of poes and lizalfos which all seem to gravitate there (including the first two objectives), ignore the keeps until they've been sufficiently weakened. Luckily, I don't think that particular tile is required for Lana's summoning gate, you could always take another route if you wish. Also, cuccoos can't really do much to Ruto if you spam her 'aqua sphere' attack and keep moving.
The only problem is that the alternate route to getting the Summoning Gate required you to get past a fatal attack mission with Zelda.

Anyway, because those Aeralfos have brutally high stamina, those tips won't help until I can level up Ruto even more.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Devastating attacks tiles aren't too much of a hassle if you just keep your distance while using the bow.
The difficulty can depend on how many enemy captains you have to take out. Also, some fatal attack missions have Beamos present, so destroying them first will be important. Lastly, the weaker enemies do get in the way, so trying to safely approach an enemy captain is easier said than done at times.

Ghirahim handles those missions pretty easily, but some fatal attack missions have character restrictions.

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
The trick to avoiding mook pokes is to be hyper-cautious, evade fairly regularly while surrounded and never stop moving, but yeah, sometimes they can sneak in an annoying hit which ruins the mission. It doesn't help that rapier Zelda is stupidly susceptible to taking damage during a lot of her combo attacks, baton is much better especially since it can easily sweep waves of enemies back with the strong attack at a distance.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
With Vanilla Zelda, I tend to charge her Strong attack before approaching a group of enemies, then just using her combo attacks preemptively (her 3rd "raining light arrows" one is particularly useful) for fatal/no-hit missions.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I've stopped playing this since Smash came out but I'm playing again as I take a break from Smash. I played Cia's Story and thought it was alright. Some stuff didn't seem to make sense plot wise.

DLC plot spoilers
Like how I thought Midna was supposed to be cursed by Cia this time but it seems apparent Cia didn't do anything to her outside of beat her up. Also wtf Agitha? Why are you even here? Also why even bother allying with the Skyloft villagers when they were going to betray and start murdering them minutes later. They literally had no clue what was going on she probably could have tricked them into helping her for longer than she did. I dunno maybe I'm taking it too seriously but it doesn't feel like this backstory was thought out at all.

I did like Volga's backstory though. Thought it was funny he was just some dude in a cave. Also the last level made me feel kind of bad (but not much) for Cia, with her losing her generals and going insane while also trying to fight off Ganondorf.

Also I prefer the Baton strat for Zelda's devastating attack missions. Strong attack destroys everything.

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Like how I thought Midna was supposed to be cursed by Cia this time but it seems apparent Cia didn't do anything to her outside of beat her up. Also wtf Agitha? Why are you even here? Also why even bother allying with the Skyloft villagers when they were going to betray and start murdering them minutes later. They literally had no clue what was going on she probably could have tricked them into helping her for longer than she did. I dunno maybe I'm taking it too seriously but it doesn't feel like this backstory was thought out at all.

I did like Volga's backstory though. Thought it was funny he was just some dude in a cave. Also the last level made me feel kind of bad (but not much) for Cia, with her losing her generals and going insane while also trying to fight off Ganondorf.
I thought the Skyloft thing was pretty humorous, but only because they screwed with what are essentially Hylian captains and their never-ending wails of inevitable failure, such disgraces.

I'd say it all pales to the biggest question of all - why didn't Ganondorf kill Link and Zelda upon seizing their pieces of the Triforce? He was literally standing over their defeated maimed bodies, but just walks away in a fit of evil laughter?

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I thought the Skyloft thing was pretty humorous, but only because they screwed with what are essentially Hylian captains and their never-ending wails of inevitable failure, such disgraces.

I'd say it all pales to the biggest question of all - why didn't Ganondorf kill Link and Zelda upon seizing their pieces of the Triforce? He was literally standing over their defeated maimed bodies, but just walks away in a fit of evil laughter?
Oh yeah I completely forgot he did that. Man everyone in this game is an idiot.

Top Bottom