• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
So I'm now at ganons tower (I'm playing legend blind) and I must say this game makes you think your done but nope! Now my favorite and least favorite warriors so far (with the exception of butterfly person,water girl thing that's not fi and zant)

Favorites
Ganondorf
Impa
Lana
Link (master sword and dark link costume)
Sheik
And ghirhim (who I haven't played to much of yet)

Least favorites
Draudia (I don't like hammers so...)
Midina sometimes (keep in mind I wanted her alot but she isn't great sometimes....)
Fi oh God.....look I had to do adventure mode challenge it's where you fight the imprisoned and she sucks!

So I'll most likely finish legends mode tomorrow and btw what is the level cap in hyrule warriors?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Fi's a little iffy one on one, however if you update the badges a lot(which helps a lot), she is a good crowd clearer, and with some upgrades she's pretty good, the irony is she would be perfect for Imprisoned if you're upgraded enough, area attacks are her skill
lvl 100 I think

Just beat the hero part of legends, it makes you feel so good with it, then Bam, Ganondorf

Shog

Smash Ace
Yeah Fi sucks, I don't like her/it(?) a lot.

Zelda, Chain Link and Shiek are the best for me. Darunia is suprisingly good, especially the Meteor Combo is really strong.
And just a tip: If you have potions unlocked and enough material, try to make one that is for "Dueling", because even the weakest form allows to unleash the "decreasing meter"attack on bosses much, much faster.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
I've began to do Adventure Mode, though I fear that some of the hidden contents may leave me completely confused on how to access them. One of those hidden contents is at the mission where you have to use Darunia to defeat Ruto.
I'm not sure if you figured this out yet, but you're supposed to use a Power Bracelet on the rock.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
How much do you know about the game? Perhaps you can give me some pointers, I want to max out Midna and Ghirahim, as well as maybe Sheik.
Oops, only just saw this; so here's the most basic tips I can give:

Midna shouldn't take much time at all, since her moves revolve around crowd control. It's just a case of slogging it out I think.

Getting Ghirahim's a pain in the first place due to that Fi Vs. Imprisoned level. Fi's excellent at crowd control but one on one she's pretty fricking weak. Use Midna's extended level to boost Fi...or alternatively grab a buddy and a Wii U controller to help you out for that because frankly it's a pain in the butt otherwise. Not impossible, just super tedious.

Darkness element increases as you inflict damage upon a single target, but Ghirahim is equally at home destroying the crowds.
Once you have a decent starred Demon Sword, and unlocked all his Kokori sword badges, you're ready to shred enemies up.

Ironically though this area of effect damage that Ghirahim's pretty decent at is the exact thing you want to avoid in the level 2 weapon gathering section for him. The very first area will have a Cuccoo who WILL get him by any one of your fabulous moves and then proceed to make you fail to get an A rank due to damage. Killing the Gold Cuccoo will not make the chicken flock disperse, as I found out the hard way.

Remember to press the dodge button to cancel Ghirahim's fantastic posing, especially if you're in a particularly precarious spot or time is of the essence(like attacking a boss's weak point).

Still trying to work out what Ghirahim's thread of destiny/fate actually does.

Stars are way more important than skills as they are your base power. I recommend getting a +Stars slot and then using both Midna and Ghirahim a lot until you hopefully get a level 5 weapon.

Unfortunately I can't comment on Sheik as I've had absolutely no time with her yet.

Oh; and the most important tip for everyone:
On the adventure mode missions that say "All Attacks are Devastating"; use the bow and arrow and lock on. You will A rank easily with far less risk to your own health.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hate hate hate hate hate Lana. I can't play with her worth a damn. Twilight Field is a pain in the ass having to protect Agitha, capture keeps, fight Midna, just ugh.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not sure if you figured this out yet, but you're supposed to use a Power Bracelet on the rock.
I figured it out after studying the item effects more. A bomb didn't work, so I had to figure out what else could affect rocks.

Oh; and the most important tip for everyone:
On the adventure mode missions that say "All Attacks are Devastating"; use the bow and arrow and lock on. You will A rank easily with far less risk to your own health.
Easier said than done though. There's one mission where you have to take out 20 Poes, but due to the numerous Stalchilds, you're almost bound to get annihilated if you're not evasive enough.

I hate hate hate hate hate Lana. I can't play with her worth a damn. Twilight Field is a pain in the *** having to protect Agitha, capture keeps, fight Midna, just ugh.
Once you've increased her badge supply, Lana does become a good crowd clearer. In fact, she's recommended for that one mission where you must defeat 700 enemies within 10 minutes. It's the mission where as many as three Manhandlas will appear as you make KOs; Lana, Impa, Link, and Zelda will also be involved, but they, along with the Manhandlas, are nothing but diversions, as your main priority should be taking out the Stalchilds and Dinolfos.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Easier said than done though. There's one mission where you have to take out 20 Poes, but due to the numerous Stalchilds, you're almost bound to get annihilated if you're not evasive enough.
Since the arrows can pierce multiple targets OHKOing everything I usually just line the target(Poe) with a Stalchild when needed and let loose. Granted though; your finger must always be ready to hit the dodge button, but it's not that big a deal and when you get used to it you'll be murdering hundreds as you go to kick those generals.

In other news; obtained Impa's level 3 weapons...got a 5 star Biggron Sword with six slots...two slots out from being absolute perfect.

Best place to get level 3 weapons IMO is to do the mission you first obtained the Level 3 weapon as when you get an A rank you're guaranteed that level 3 weapon. Throw some +Stars and +Slots onto your strongest weapon and go to town!

Admittedly that is a lot easier said than done though, and depending on the level depends on how easy it'll be to pull off(but with your higher level characters and stronger weapons it'll be a far speedier process to A rank bar a Cuccoo accident)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main challenge is leveling up your warriors, as that requires a lot of rupees; similarly, experience grows slower as each warrior levels up. If your warrior is struggling to complete a mission, he/she might be too underleveled for the job, and may need to be improved before trying again.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Those "All attacks are devastating!" Missions are easy money for me.
Using the bow makes them trivial. You still have to dodge a lot, though.

Ghirahim and Midna are my best characters, they both have really good moves.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ghirahim is amazing in the devastating challenges because his second weak attack fires daggers in front of you. It can take out several poes at once even by accident. :laugh:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Check out this costume from one of the DLC packs:

It's referred to as the Guardian of Time outfit, so this is uncorrupted Cia I'm assuming?

There's one for Lana as well!

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Check out this costume from one of the DLC packs:

It's referred to as the Guardian of Time outfit, so this is uncorrupted Cia I'm assuming?

There's one for Lana as well!

Also something that's going to make some people happy
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSfs_kQxVbpYiu
maskless playable cia, apparently its in the new adventure mode, which speaking of, here's the scoop on the first DLC because its already out in JAPAN(which the producers actually apologized for it not being out yet

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=903998
Additional Scenario: The Black Witch Cia
The story of the Black Witch, Cia that went untold in the original tale.
Chronicles five stories that occur in tandem with the original story, including her meeting with Valga and Wizro as well as her approach on Hyrule Castle.
What is waiting fer her at the end of this tale...

Additional Adventure Map: Master Quest Adventure Map
Adventure mode gets a new challenge-style map.
Adds 'Master Quest' rules from not being able to heal, to not being able to use items.
You can discover Cia, Valga, and Wizro's higher rank weapons as your reward.
There's also other new ranks of weapons as well as 'Master Quest' style rewards to be found.
https://pbs.twimg.co...A2ORu.jpg:large

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm insanely hyped for the DLC.

I mean to the extent I actually genuinely forgot Smash was coming out this week until my friends reminded me. Ironic since I'd been talking non stop about that for a year...;;

Cia, Volga, Wizro and Epona are going to prolong this game for me big time.

Anyone taking bets on who the additional trio of characters could be for the Twilight Princess pack and the Majora's Mask pack?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I'm insanely hyped for the DLC.

I mean to the extent I actually genuinely forgot Smash was coming out this week until my friends reminded me. Ironic since I'd been talking non stop about that for a year...;;

Cia, Volga, Wizro and Epona are going to prolong this game for me big time.

Anyone taking bets on who the additional trio of characters could be for the Twilight Princess pack and the Majora's Mask pack?
For TP, given Team Omega's preferences, I would say Ashei(one of the Hyrulian freedom fighters) is possible and having a more standard warrior character could be interesting, though maybe a Yeti? Pretty sure the auto costume will be Hero's Shade for Link, and the new Weapon could be true form Midna

Now with MM, Skull Kid is a given, but the other, I would say Romani, Deku Princess/Butler/or King, or the Happy Mask Salesman are possible. Costume, perhaps Fierce Diety link, and Lulu for Princess Ruto

Also, as this new pack proves, each new adventure map includes new weapons and costumes for ALL the characters, so minor ones could fall under that, heck with TP, wouldn't be surprised to see some analog costumes through that(like whatshisname for Link, or the other goron for Darunia, or Lulu for Princess Ruto

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

I'm surprised so many people think so lowly of Lana. Once I figured out how to effectively use her 'strong' attack (preemptively ending your combos so that the summoned 'light' walls/cubes don't disappear, then jumping off of them with X, resulting in a wall jump + projectile destroying said wall/cube, causing a huge explosion that clears cluster****s of enemies out stupid fast), spellbook became my go-to for horde/rush type missions (aside from Link, who's made to be OP anyway).

Don't care much for Deku Spear, though.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Has anyone beaten the level 2 Wind Waker level yet? I keep ending just a bit too short of an A rank, usually cause I take too much damage, but I'm also always almost passing the 15 minute mark, so I dunno if I'm also just doing level wrong. I might just need an armor upgrade but I need to know if theres some strategy I'm missing.

Also did anyone know you can hold a during A while dodging to instantly run? Makes a lot of the characters feel way smoother.

Last edited:

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
The game is just amazing. DLC will be well worth it. I'm having so much fun as it is right now, and it offers alot.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I hope the DLC offers more color tunics for Link rather than dark Link and green alternate tunics. The different packs make it so much more variable. It really is the spinoff that we've needed for years, kinda wish it was canon with the series to be honest

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
I hate mission that im forced to use characters I don't use, making the mission impossible because I got there with a lv.45 Agatha, and now I have to use a lv.16 Lana. -_-"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've gotten Ghirahim and Midna's level 2 weapons now.
I managed to find a 210-str Demon Longsword with four slots. Somehow.

I found Midna's Level-3 weapon but it's going to take forever to actually get to it as I need multiple harps and there are missions requiring Link, who I've been neglecting.

The DLC character for the Twilight Princess pack is undoubtedly Ashei. There's not too much they could do with her, but she does have a broadsword. Then again, they do have Lana with a Gate that summons Cuccos, so I don't think it's out of the realm of plausibility for her to summon Yeto and Yeta, or perhaps some enemies like the Freezards.

The Majora's Mask characters are very likely Tingle and Skull Kid.
Tingle's one of the most well-known Zelda characters and Majora's Mask is the only game where he is actually realistic looking, so it makes sense for him to be added here. Skull Kid is almost guaranteed, he is also really popular (and recurring!) and Majora's Mask could count as a weapon.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I've gotten Ghirahim and Midna's level 2 weapons now.
I managed to find a 210-str Demon Longsword with four slots. Somehow.

I found Midna's Level-3 weapon but it's going to take forever to actually get to it as I need multiple harps and there are missions requiring Link, who I've been neglecting.

The DLC character for the Twilight Princess pack is undoubtedly Ashei. There's not too much they could do with her, but she does have a broadsword. Then again, they do have Lana with a Gate that summons Cuccos, so I don't think it's out of the realm of plausibility for her to summon Yeto and Yeta, or perhaps some enemies like the Freezards.

The Majora's Mask characters are very likely Tingle and Skull Kid.
Tingle's one of the most well-known Zelda characters and Majora's Mask is the only game where he is actually realistic looking, so it makes sense for him to be added here. Skull Kid is almost guaranteed, he is also really popular (and recurring!) and Majora's Mask could count as a weapon.
Well as you saw, I agree with you mostly, buuut I don't think Tingle is as likely, as there are two other candidates who would be just as possible for other reasons:

Romani(one of the sisters, young or old): a little bit of an out there character, however there a number of moveset potentials, and she would also serve as representing both Malon and Marin, provided a greater representation

Happy Mask Salesmen: Critical to the story of that game, and did appear in OoT as well, the thing that he's got going for him is that he could have an extremely unique moveset if he used various masks in his attacks

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It feels like a lot of the Adventure Mode missions are just getting harder and harder to compete with. I was quite fortunate to beat that one mission where you have to take out two The Imprisoned bosses, while dealing with traitorous Ghirahim and his forces.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It feels like a lot of the Adventure Mode missions are just getting harder and harder to compete with. I was quite fortunate to beat that one mission where you have to take out two The Imprisoned bosses, while dealing with traitorous Ghirahim and his forces.
I remember that one.
I saw the mission that said "Beat Two Imprisoned in 10 minutes!"
To which I promptly said

042.gif

And went somewhere else

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I remember that one.
I saw the mission that said "Beat Two Imprisoned in 10 minutes!"
To which I promptly said

View attachment 26459

And went somewhere else
All I can say is use Link, and have him leveled up to 40+. Make sure that Link is using the Master Sword, as that's his strongest weapon for taking out each The Imprisoned. You do have to be very evasive with the shockwaves and charge attacks though.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Finally got the level 2 wind waker. And it only took 20+ tries and some armor upgrades.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
So I beat legend mode finnaly (and only need zant and some weapons in adventure mode now) so ill give my review on legend mode (not the whole game just legend).
So what I liked about it even though its suppose to be like dynasty warriors is it still felt like Zelda and had a story that felt right.
And the story was really good except kinda adding that ganondorf thing it kinda felt like a second campaign.
my only real con is that levels can get repetive with saving everybody and Volga!

But I got my dlc pass and whens that story/free dlc coming out in the usa

the8thark

Smash Lord
So I decided to buy it yesterday as a reward for six months smoke free. It's a fun game but the thing that brings it down is the difficulty. The thing, even on hard, has baby level difficulty. I am only on the third mission but it is still pretty easy. Impa in particular just owns everything with her moves pretty much combo nonstop along with several specials putting everyone in hitstun for a long time. It's really hard for the CPU to keep up.
When you beat all of legend mode a 4th difficulty pops up called hero. That difficulty and some adventure mode stages are not even close to easy. They are really hard.

I'm nearing the end of Legend Mode, but it gets so annoying whenever you're trying to advance further, and yet you have to backtrack to save your own troops beforehand. It's also annoying how you just can't catch your breath to find the Gold Skulltulas either.
Just get those skulltulas on easy. Not too hard with a good weapon. The hard mode skulltulas (you'll be able to get them wen you beat legend mode) are rather hard to get on the other hand.

I figured it out after studying the item effects more. A bomb didn't work, so I had to figure out what else could affect rocks.
Read the spoiler tags as your own risk. But it is advice for you if you want to know.
The water bombs and ice arrow fire ring spots, they are obvious where to use those. All the rest of the secrets are the exact same as Zelda 1, 1st quest

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I am now rocking Ghirahim's Lvl 3 True Demon Blade with six slots.
Working on Midna's now, but getting to it takes forever and a lot of items I don't have...
Was the level 3 easier to obtain than the level 2 out of interest?

But I got my dlc pass and whens that story/free dlc coming out in the usa
16th October for both USA and Europe apparently. Not long to wait until you can trample people with Epona or dish out some pain as Cia, Wizzro and Volga...

So am I the only one who kinda feels bad for Ghirahim? Because he gets rekt by Link in Skyward Sword, and still gets rekt by Link in Hyrule warriors
To be fair if you're going to be rekt by anyone, there are far worse choices than the legendary hero of time/winds/scarves.

Like Agitha for example.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting false info with the equipment, because I got the Digging Mitts in one of the Adventure Mode missions, and I ended up wasting it at a spot that I assumed that could be dug into.

And the worst part is, the mission that I got the Digging Mitts from was pretty difficult.

Last edited:
Top Bottom