• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Rogue *a Sheik guide*

-Cross-

Smash Ace
huh, interesting. If dash didn't limit so many options, this would be able to replace shieldgrab + other things in a lot of situations. Cool :D

I think you can also use Cstick to replace A for doing this, correct? This makes it also easier to do pivot shield grab.
Yes it does. Also just a tidbit to make this post a little longer, you can instant pivot grab on the spot if you (assume face right) dash left and simultaneously press z + c-stick right. Dunno if this is too useful for Sheik specifically, but hey, increase in grab range.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
No, because air-dodge comes out as soon as 13 frames after you're sent into tumble. For a more recognizable example of this, Falco is able to start an air-dodge after getting down-thrown by Sheik before Sheik completes her down-throw animation.
Oh yeah, because it's tumble :p

hence why for several characters it's better to AD than do an aerial for horizontal momentum canceling.

Judo777

Smash Master
Fthrow is the best throw man there is no doubt. Every situation that reaction ur opponent did I would have easily punished. If they jump then....... you can DJ uair them. And then guess what!???? they are high in the air....with no double jump. I wish everyone double jumped after being thrown by me instead of doing smarter options that are less punishable. All you have to do now is figure out if they are gonna go for a Plat or the ground. Ground is a free needles/DA/DACUS. platform is a uair, usmash depending on the height. fthrow is where its at i promise.

Also uthrow is also good for throwing people into picto hazards sinces its not very DIable

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
so your showing me a video of samus... SAMUS GETTING FTHROWED and trying to prove me wrong.... ??? SHES FLOATY AS f**K DO SOMEONE VIABLE LIKE MARTH OR SOMETHING don't show me floaty characters... your always going to be wrong no matter how much frame math stuff you throw at me..

Judo777

Smash Master
Complaining about floaty and then talking about Marth.
marths not really floaty. Hes about average weight iirc. Infact alot of people say marth is like the typical weight, which is why IC's say to practice on him first.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Weight and gravity have nothing to do with each other. Samus is really freakin' heavy. Meta Knight falls faster than Ike.

Airborne

Smash Lord
also ftilt isn't easily shield grabbed...
Y'all need to do your shield advantage crap on your frame data before you make outrageous claims that aren't backed up. For all we know, it could have -17 on shield advantage, allowing YOSHI TO SHIELD GRAB YOUR FTILT.

Tl;dr get to work.

Judo777

Smash Master
Weight and gravity have nothing to do with each other. Samus is really freakin' heavy. Meta Knight falls faster than Ike.
which is a funny statement because weight = MG irl lol. But i do think that Marth is of typical gravity too. When CGing gravity is what actually effects the CG so i would still think marth is quite typical in both respects.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No, Marth is both relatively floaty (only falls slightly faster than Zelda) and light (between Sheik and Peach in weight). If you want to use proper terms, it's gravity and resistance, rather than weight, but whatever. When CGing, weight is what affects the timings, because heavier characters actually make throws last longer (you can see this in action by throwing Jigglypuff and comparing it to throwing Bowser - the animation actually slows down).

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I can't even believe this is even happening. down throw is good at low percents to set up the AD and after that you should really only use fthrow and bthrow. Saviors I really think you should step back for a second and realize almost every active member of these boards is telling you the same thing and you're disagreeing. Maybe you should just throw in the towel on this one.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Saviors I really think you should step back for a second and realize almost every active member of these boards is telling you the same thing and you're disagreeing. Maybe you should just throw in the towel on this one.
Yep, I realize this and I kinda like it that way.
Also, never give up a fight no matter what. I'll change the guide when I get back around to working on it but I will not change my mind.

Judo777

Smash Master
No, Marth is both relatively floaty (only falls slightly faster than Zelda) and light (between Sheik and Peach in weight). If you want to use proper terms, it's gravity and resistance, rather than weight, but whatever. When CGing, weight is what affects the timings, because heavier characters actually make throws last longer (you can see this in action by throwing Jigglypuff and comparing it to throwing Bowser - the animation actually slows down).
Haha well then touche' kind sir. I stand corrected.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
If I may ask, isn't there also a separate speed for how fast characters fall when FFing, because iirc Marth's fall speed when FF is relatively fast, from what I remember from the attributes chart.

Yeah, this "weight" also determines who gets CG'd by D3. Anyone with a weight than Marth doesn't get CG'd, whereas anything higher does iirc.

Man this terminology is annoying, have we already come up with and/or published standard terms of the two in a standard terms meeting?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Not that I know of. One determines how quickly you fall, while the other slows down throws against you and reduces knockback. If you want to be scientific you can just call it mass and gravity, or something.

Top Bottom