• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

Empoleon_master

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3136-7076-2637
Hello, I am looking for a Sheik mentor, see my locked thread in Sheik discussion for my skills and lack there for of for reference on how bad I am at them. I keep coming very close to winning against players as Sheik but I always end up doing something wrong, please help.

Also so I don't waste another new topic that will probably be locked how much worse would Sheik be if they lost that little jump into the air before teleportation with Vanish? It doesn't seem like much but I think it would make a HUGE difference when you consider how close Sheik gets to the void when doing air attacks to gimp/deal extra damage while below the ledge on most stages.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I was suffering to do Dthrow -> DJump Uair in kill percents and I didn't know why.
So I changed my L button to jump and now I press Up+ (L+CStickUp) and it work so much more.

Anyone else already had this problem ?
I completely leave this tip about jumping with two different options for this one, maybe the human delay in using the same finger for both jumps **** this up.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Fun fact,
SH> (fully charged) NLC> second jump> Dair spike is a true combo.
NeedlLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! IMA KILL MYSELF!

Granted, the percents that it works at are stupid high (like 130%-140%) and the skill required + enemy position is just silly. Not a combo to be used in a tourney, but still ****ing cool looking.

Something more useful.....
I was curious what else airial needles would combo into... here are my notes from several weeks ago:
"The distance that the foe is at after a FH needle storm is to great for normal follow ups. The solution is not getting to the foe quicker, its keeping them closer. Problem... landing lag. Solution, don't hit the ground. Application, the ledge. Need for application. Safer way of trumping an opponent trying to return than running in and shielding.

When the foe wakes, or is just close to the ledge, run in an SH> needle storm. Make sure you fall off of the ledge so you avoid landing lag. Perform a rising Uair to combo. Furthermore, DI back onto the stage and cancel the lest hit of Uair. This sets up for a grab."

So the combo is SH needle storm> interupted Uair> grab> w/e
Now if only GR> BF was a true combo.... *sigh*
Could you explain the specifics of the needles to dair combo working? I've been trying to do it, but cannot. Heck, I can't even get the needles to ledge cancel on any ledge no matter how hard I try. What am I doing wrong?!

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
Could you explain the specifics of the needles to dair combo working? I've been trying to do it, but cannot. Heck, I can't even get the needles to ledge cancel on any ledge no matter how hard I try. What am I doing wrong?!
well, I assume, like saviors says later, fall off the stage
you can't ledge cancel needles
I have no idea what NLC stands for

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
huh, my 1 year anniversary was a couple weeks ago.

knowing i've been on this site for a year now is almost scary because I joined it a month after a big change happened in my life and knowing it's been a year since that change is.. scary @_@

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I joined smashboards when I was a kid playing Brawl

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Looking for some serious Sheik MU practice. Vinnie roughed me up pretty hard and I'd like someone strong to play against.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Simikins Simikins Sean de Lure Sean de Lure
To all non believers. NLC (Needle Ledge Canceling is still in the game). DO NOT CONFUSE THIS WITH NEEDLE GLIDING.
What is the difference?

Easy, when you glide (use... to... glide.....) you are taking you ground momentum, transferring it into you needles and then going off of the ledge. At this point the momentum transfers into aerial momentum and you perform a glide. Sad though that this was removed.

How NLC works:
Basically when you run into a needle toss you slide just a hair. This is also true when it comes to landing after you throw a needle in the air. Remember last year when we could toss out BF and cancel on a ledge. Well this is actually the exact same tech. The only difference is that this is WAY harder because you barely and I mean barely slide forward.
The reason why this still works is that the game was not coded to prevent ledge canceling after the needle has been tossed.

With that said, I can perform it in training when I am not under pressure about 40% of the time. I have also spent no time at all learning the tech, I just have an eye for it. If you could learn it you would have a decent mix up.
All and all though, this is a "**** you I have tech skill/Ima be showing off my tech skillz" tech. You would be better served using other options, Although NLC> double> needle is a true combo and very strong, so it my warrant attention since is quite literately walk people back away from the ledge.

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Hmm, glad you clarified this Saviors. I'll take a look at it myself.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
saviorslegacy saviorslegacy
So you have to throw the needles for it to cancel? Hmm...
Seeing as I am a "**** you I have tech skill/Ima be showing off my tech skillz" kinda guy I want to learn this. Anything to combo into Dair spike.

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
this is a post from over a year ago but..

HOLY **** SHEIK'S FULL NEEDLES AUTOCANCELLED FROM A SHORT HOP

LOOOOOOOOL

AT 2:43
I've been looking for this forever! Thank you for bringing it back into the light! Sheik used to be so crazy. Yeah diddy might have been great with the Hoo-Hah but unpatched 3DS I still think Sheik is the best.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
ayyy won my first tournament that the 2 best players in the country actually attended EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass
Congratulations man!

Btw who plans to attend GEN3SIS? We can do a Sheik boards meet up

Ra'

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i have a tournament tomorrow, i represent sheik in Pittsburgh PA. I need someone to discuss MU knowledge for rosa, fox, and dk especially. The forums seem pretty dead today so i hope someone sees this before tomorrow. If you want to play im online (Zane) if you want to talk i plan on becoming an active member. My biggest problem hands down is finishing stocks and i am completely open to critiques and willing to post my gameplay.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Hey guys i have a tournament tomorrow, i represent sheik in Pittsburgh PA. I need someone to discuss MU knowledge for rosa, fox, and dk especially. The forums seem pretty dead today so i hope someone sees this before tomorrow. If you want to play im online (Zane) if you want to talk i plan on becoming an active member. My biggest problem hands down is finishing stocks and i am completely open to critiques and willing to post my gameplay.
There are specific MU threads detailing the Fox/Rosa MU somewhere around the 1st page of the sheik boards, go check them out :]

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Sheik losing her best move due to lugging Zelda's fat arse around everywhere?

Let's not.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Kind of a random post. I haven't seen any Sheiks do this, but I feel like it could be a good option for recovering from very high up (even higher than shown here, you can input the dair off-screen). If your opponent doesn't expect it, they're not really gonna stop it. Even if they do expect it, they will still have to be pretty fast. I would imagine some Sheiks don't even know you can cancel dair.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Kind of a random post. I haven't seen any Sheiks do this, but I feel like it could be a good option for recovering from very high up (even higher than shown here, you can input the dair off-screen). If your opponent doesn't expect it, they're not really gonna stop it. Even if they do expect it, they will still have to be pretty fast. I would imagine some Sheiks don't even know you can cancel dair.

lol I did that once and never again. In general Sheik is always better off using vanish above stage level and aiming for the ledge, cuz that eliminates the 2 frame vulnerability window (and bypasses peach's float shenanigans on ledge and rosa + luma's jab under the ledge etc)

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
lol I did that once and never again. In general Sheik is always better off using vanish above stage level and aiming for the ledge, cuz that eliminates the 2 frame vulnerability window (and bypasses peach's float shenanigans on ledge and rosa + luma's jab under the ledge etc)
It depends on the MU of course. It does seem scary, but as long as you mash out of it you won't suicide. It seems like it could be a mixup, most opponents expect Sheik to just vanish / air dodge / bf back. Once you input the dair, it's already too late for them to change their mind and then that have to bank on the 2 frame punish. On certain stages, you could just BF back up and not vanish at all.

BTW I watched your game and those guys were so biased against you it was really funny.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
It depends on the MU of course. It does seem scary, but as long as you mash out of it you won't suicide. It seems like it could be a mixup, most opponents expect Sheik to just vanish / air dodge / bf back. Once you input the dair, it's already too late for them to change their mind and then that have to bank on the 2 frame punish. On certain stages, you could just BF back up and not vanish at all.

BTW I watched your game and those guys were so biased against you it was really funny.
you bring up a good point actually, I might try implementing it more and see what happens. gonna try it out tomorrow since i'm going to a local

and yeah lol its mostly banter but one of the guys seems to dislike my play for w/e reason LOL. and i was also pulling upsets too, no one expected me to win 8)

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
you bring up a good point actually, I might try implementing it more and see what happens. gonna try it out tomorrow since i'm going to a local

and yeah lol its mostly banter but one of the guys seems to dislike my play for w/e reason LOL. and i was also pulling upsets too, no one expected me to win 8)
I'm fairly certain I have played that peach several times online, but there's always a bad delay so we can't ever get good games in. IT could be someone else, but I do think it's him.

Aerokuma

Smash Rookie
looking for a partner to train with and improve vs the Sheik matchup. If you're down add me or pm me NNID: DanDan76

Last edited:

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
So this may sound corny....

A friend of mine introduced me to a smash knock off that is free on steam called Brawlhalla. It is actually kinda fun. It is far less technical than smash... by a lot, but it is quite fun. If y'all want a mindless version of smash I recommend it.
ps You all are already better at this game than anyone else playing it, just saying. You go into a match and practice proper spacing and offstage gameplay and you will dominate.
Just a fun thing that I found.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
So this may sound corny....

A friend of mine introduced me to a smash knock off that is free on steam called Brawlhalla. It is actually kinda fun. It is far less technical than smash... by a lot, but it is quite fun. If y'all want a mindless version of smash I recommend it.
ps You all are already better at this game than anyone else playing it, just saying. You go into a match and practice proper spacing and offstage gameplay and you will dominate.
Just a fun thing that I found.
I played that at RTX this past summer! It's a lot of fun; I recommend it as well.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
Hey guys , I'm a ranked wario main from NorCal looking to play some wifi with some good shieks (place well at tourneys/wifi warrior status). If anyone is interested in playing sometime Pm me :) I could really use the practice for G3 and their is already about 7 to 8 very good warios confirmed for G3 so the practice could help you as well if your planning on going ! :D

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Which character did you like the most? Right now my favorite is Ember because knives= Sheik and the spacing with the bow is really fun. Also, the dunk.... to good.
Dude, thanks for reminding me about Brawlhalla. I hadn't played since this summer but have gotten back into it hard. Tons of fun. Are you on Steam?

Top Bottom