• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

GeZ

Smash Lord
It was on a friends Wii U. Does anyone know if there's any way I could get it online from his, or have him send it to me and get it online myself from there?

And the tourney isn't for a while yet so I still have a while to practice.

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
It was on a friends Wii U. Does anyone know if there's any way I could get it online from his, or have him send it to me and get it online myself from there?

And the tourney isn't for a while yet so I still have a while to practice.
Is there a way to send replays on the Wii U version? I wouldn't know. If there isn't, you might just want to get your friend to record it and upload it if they don't mind doing that.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
So sheik feels odd on the wii u version for me, still love her but I'm all of a sudden having trouble with basic strings and it pisses me off... Gonna have to sit down soon and just re-practice basic strings with her lol.

suarsuar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
suarsuar
So sheik feels odd on the wii u version for me, still love her but I'm all of a sudden having trouble with basic strings and it pisses me off... Gonna have to sit down soon and just re-practice basic strings with her lol.
How do you mean?

She feels great with a GC controller ((finally)) and even fast at times because of the amount of inputs you can now send the game with better peripherals.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
How do you mean?

She feels great with a GC controller ((finally)) and even fast at times because of the amount of inputs you can now send the game with better peripherals.
No I agree with that and now that I had time to practice it's fine but like holy **** it had been awhile since I had used a GC controller for smash lol.

suarsuar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
suarsuar
No I agree with that and now that I had time to practice it's fine but like holy **** it had been awhile since I had used a GC controller for smash lol.
Ah.

Well PM and Melee principles transferred over for me.

Good luck anyhow.

suarsuar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
suarsuar
Also if anyone wants to practice Sheik dittos, I'm on all day on the Wii u @ Frijoles

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I need to pick up the game and start practicing. I like how Sheik feels overall because some of melee/PM transfer over. Question: anywhere I should look for general Sheik techniques (which throws to use at what %, kill moves, etc) so that I can at least do some research prior to picking it up?

Going to start digging around the boards and youtube now.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Since I have been home my brother and I have started working through many cool new Nintendo games.
We decided to try out Hyrule Warriors and the game is freaking amazing. If you haven't played it yet you need too.
It might be bad by yourself, but with at least 1 more person the game is awesome. Anyways, I noticed that Sheik uses bouncing fish in that game. During her attack string she will do the bouncing fish animation, but really really fast so you have to watch closely.

So now we know where bouncing fish came from.
I just want to say, thank you Hyrule Warriors.... thank you.

ps Water tornadoes wtf!

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Since I have been home my brother and I have started working through many cool new Nintendo games.
We decided to try out Hyrule Warriors and the game is freaking amazing. If you haven't played it yet you need too.
It might be bad by yourself, but with at least 1 more person the game is awesome. Anyways, I noticed that Sheik uses bouncing fish in that game. During her attack string she will do the bouncing fish animation, but really really fast so you have to watch closely.

So now we know where bouncing fish came from.
I just want to say, thank you Hyrule Warriors.... thank you.

ps Water tornadoes wtf!
Yeah water shield is broken... Sheik is really strong in that game, personally I like Impa more though lol.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Hyrule Warriors is amazing! I still want that Sheik Costume for Sm4sh.. or PM. However, i don't think they invented BF, as the game released not much earlier than Smash... and I don't think the dev teams talked much to each other pre-release. But whatever, what do I know?

Anyway, something a little different, since I got Capture Equip now and can record with good quality... finally... I'm able to provide you super awesome gifs :

I made something like this earlier, but now here with really good quality.. kinda.

In addition, something I drew a couple days ago, and felt like posting it here. This was more or less my post-patch reacting, just a little late. It's the... 5th redrawing. Some might have seen another version of this in @Tristan_win 's Signature:

LawCorazon

Night Moon
NNID
Noctisluna
3DS FC
3711-8120-3309
Hey whats up guys, I've been playing zss for a while but i want to start learning new characters with skeik being one of them. Hope to talk with you guys and learn a lot of stuff.

Last edited:

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
Should I learn Sheik? I main Greninja right now and I still will, and the character who I've been making my secondary is fox, but I feel like I should use a better character. Neither Greninja or fox have any like true combos, they can be avoided sometimes easily. I mained Sheik in melee/PM but I don't know if I like her as much in this. I mean I like her, but I feel like I would just rely on grabs. Do any of you feel like you do that? Anyway Greninja will always be my #1, but I feel like a need a pocket Sheik. But I wouldn't want to use her and then just get f-throws and do F-air chains, but I'd probably do more than that after time. I just don't pick up characters that easily, it takes time for me to learn them to their full potential

OoohShiny

Smash Rookie
No. Sheik is by far one of the worst characters. She feels awesome, but when you start her and check tutorials, you get told that you shouldnt use half her abilities, you downright need to DOMINATE your enemy through the ENTIRE match, she makes almost no dmg and her most reliable smash is one of the most difficult to hit attacks of the whole game, so you need very slowly and constantly get your enemy to ~130 - 150%, and then hit a very difficult attack. Given that she has one of the worst recoverys and is light so theres no problem of her flying away already at 80%, no. I wouldnt advice anybody to pick this character.
Not as long as there are characters like ZSS or Lil Mac, which are downright just better at everything.
Since i have started ssb wii u i have played ~150 matches online and have so far only met 1 other Sheik.

Last edited:

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
No. Sheik is by far one of the worst characters. She feels awesome, but when you start her and check tutorials, you get told that you shouldnt use half her abilities, you downright need to DOMINATE your enemy through the ENTIRE match, she makes almost no dmg and her most reliable smash is one of the most difficult to hit attacks of the whole game, so you need very slowly and constantly get your enemy to ~130 - 150%, and then hit a very difficult attack. Given that she has one of the worst recoverys and is light so theres no problem of her flying away already at 80%, no. I wouldnt advice anybody to pick this character.
Not as long as there are characters like ZSS or Lil Mac, which are downright just better at everything.
Well I think she's the 2nd best behind diddy. She can dominate matches not really easily but very well, cause of her top notch off stage game and edge guarding, and her difficult to avoid combos

OoohShiny

Smash Rookie
When youre fine dodging every single enemy attack because 1 mistake and you fly, go ahead. Shes playable, but she has no advantage whatsoever, and you need to take every little opening the enemy offers and instantly retreating the moment he recovers, or you just lose. If you get your combo up and running everything is fine, otherwise you better get used to the fact that for every hit the enemy lands you better land three or four.

Last edited:

saviorslegacy

Well I think she's the 2nd best behind diddy. She can dominate matches not really easily but very well, cause of her top notch off stage game and edge guarding, and her difficult to avoid combos

Skill floor and skill ceiling are 2 different things.
Skill floor is how hard it is to play a character at a basic level. Bowser and Lucario both have low skill floors.
Skill ceiling is how hard it is to play a character to their maximum potential. Rosaluma and Greninja have high skill ceilings.

Sheik however has a high skill floor and a high skill ceiling. She is not only hard to learn but she is very hard to master. This is the way she has always been.

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Smash Rookie
Yeah alright, maybe we have different opinions here, because in my book it says "a character thats is really difficult for beginner and still incredible hard for Masterplayer is considered "bad" " - i mean, you can think every brawler is "very good" when you are talented and train so much that you actually master him.
The only reason to play her is the knowledge that you are worlds better than your enemy when you beat him with her.

saviorslegacy

Yeah alright, maybe we have different opinions here, because in my book it says "a character thats is really difficult for beginner and still incredible hard for Masterplayer is considered "bad" " - i mean, you can think every brawler is "very good" when you are talented and train so much that you actually master him.
The only reason to play her is the knowledge that you are worlds better than your enemy when you beat him with her.
This is what you get when you master a good character that is very hard to master and is not beginner friendly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnsKUX48f_4

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e

Skill floor and skill ceiling are 2 different things.
Skill floor is how hard it is to play a character at a basic level. Bowser and Lucario both have low skill floors.
Skill ceiling is how hard it is to play a character to their maximum potential. Rosaluma and Greninja have high skill ceilings.

Sheik however has a high skill floor and a high skill ceiling. She is not only hard to learn but she is very hard to master. This is the way she has always been.
Yeah I can agree with that. Especially the Greninja part, I have so many matches played with him and he took a while to master, but I probably can't say I've mastered him, there's always room to learn

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Have you never played melee? Whether or not a character is good or bad has nothing to do with player skill... Case and point would be Yoshi in melee who is considered pretty low tier and aMSa who does god things with him. Or have you ever seen someone win just because of their character choice?

Joking aside, yes you should play sheik David. Sure you might have some trouble at first before you realize you have to combo to do much of anything but once you learn the basic strings she becomes crazy good and can kill relatively easily... What most people don't realize is while her average kill range is around 145% her combos can get her there easily and we're not even factoring in her gimp or star ko potential.

Edit: I forgot to mention why I came here in the first place... This is more directed towards the "Sheik Council" Due to technical errors with our capture card the videos I had planned to make/upload have been delayed until the new one arrives... Sucks we missed out on opening week release but w/e we still plan to make all the same videos.

Last edited:

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
Will good players be able to tech all of our down throws? How much does this effect where they end up?

eveningninja

Smash Apprentice
Two questions for you experienced Sheik mains! =D

1. What do most of you have your C-stick set to? And is there a certain necessity for one or the other for Sheik advanced technique/gameplay? At the moment I can't decide between having C-stick set to Attack or Smash, I find both of them useful. Thoughts?

2. Is there a way to tell if I'm doing Boost Grabs properly? I'm trying to test it out in training mode and still can't tell if I've been doing it right! Thanks,

Thanks!

~~~Sincerely,
an aspiring Sheik main that main'd Sheik in Brawl but was never very good with her but likes playing as her cuz shes cool

Last edited:

rekt

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-9141-7498
No Q&A so I'll post here. I'm looking for some help with WiiU sheik DACUS. I can't get it for the life of me. I've never done it in brawl, so I'm learning it fresh here.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Two questions for you experienced Sheik mains! =D

1. What do most of you have your C-stick set to? And is there a certain necessity for one or the other for Sheik advanced technique/gameplay? At the moment I can't decide between having C-stick set to Attack or Smash, I find both of them useful. Thoughts?

2. Is there a way to tell if I'm doing Boost Grabs properly? I'm trying to test it out in training mode and still can't tell if I've been doing it right! Thanks,

Thanks!

~~~Sincerely,
an aspiring Sheik main that main'd Sheik in Brawl but was never very good with her but likes playing as her cuz shes cool
1. Iirc there is this bug going on that C-Sticks would stop your momentum in the air when set to Smash, so I'd say use tilt stick. What do you use them for anyway? You should be able to do normal Smash and tilt attacks without C-stick... so you can only focus on your air-game. Smash stick was useful in brawl, where it helped with DACUS, but with that gone... i think there is really no reason to be using it or at least nothing that forces you to do so.

I personally have the C-stick... but I dont use it. At all. I learned doing retreating aerials without Cstick because... dunno. I used the Tilt stick in brawl for safe meteors (a fastfall would usually kill Mars... so yeah) but since Sheik has no proper D-air meteor, that doesnt matter too.

So what i would say, if you are not 100% consitant in doing Smash's and tilts, I'd go for the tilt stick, as Sheiks tilts are waaaay more useful than her Smashes. Also if that aerial thing is true, you really want to use Tilt-stick. On the other hand, Smashstick seems useful for Hyphen Smashes and I use it for "Weak B-air>land>Fsmash" and similar stuff, because it makes your life easy.

Talking ATs, I would actually recommend using the Special-Stick. (Only do that if you feel safe with your aerial movement and aerials, retreating and whatnot). You will notice a lot of cool stuff thats possible now. Gliding is easier, BF distance Control is easier, the fidget is easier... it just takes a lot of fingerworks overall. So if you're not yet confident with the AT's, you might want to do this for the sake of seeing how the work and get a feeling for them.

2. Put the Speed to 1/4. Run, input Dashattack, then grab. If done correctly, you will see Sheik changing animation (to the beginning of the Dash attack aniamtion) and than changing the animation again, to the Grab animation. If thats what you see, then you did it correctly. Try to get used to it, then increase the speed (but i would skip 2/3, cause it completely screws up everything).

Hope that helps a bit.
No Q&A so I'll post here. I'm looking for some help with WiiU sheik DACUS. I can't get it for the life of me. I've never done it in brawl, so I'm learning it fresh here.
DACUS is no longer in the game, you can try as long as you want.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
By any chance is there a thread or something that lists all of Sheik's ATs? I'm pretty big on trying to add as much to my gameplay as I can. ^_^

saviorslegacy

There is no DACUS anymore. It was removed.
By any chance is there a thread or something that lists all of Sheik's ATs? I'm pretty big on trying to add as much to my gameplay as I can. ^_^
Why yes there is, it is stickied. http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ced-techniques-combos-and-tricks-1-04.371988/

suarsuar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
suarsuar
Hyrule Warriors is amazing! I still want that Sheik Costume for Sm4sh.. or PM. However, i don't think they invented BF, as the game released not much earlier than Smash... and I don't think the dev teams talked much to each other pre-release. But whatever, what do I know?

Anyway, something a little different, since I got Capture Equip now and can record with good quality... finally... I'm able to provide you super awesome gifs :

I made something like this earlier, but now here with really good quality.. kinda.
Lmfaooo Wasserwipf you're so nasty -- Villager was going to die anyways without teching.

Still can't get over how beautiful this game stays.

Cruecial

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cruecial
Hey guys, so I'm in Nakat's Zero to Hero as one of the first of two to be mentored. Feel free to tune in to see me get trashed on while I try to get better at this game. Day one and Day 2 are finished.

twitch.tv/nakat973/profile/past_broadcasts

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
Hey guys, so I'm in Nakat's Zero to Hero as one of the first of two to be mentored. Feel free to tune in to see me get trashed on while I try to get better at this game. Day one and Day 2 are finished.

twitch.tv/nakat973/profile/past_broadcasts
I watched some of your play on stream the other night and one thing I noticed is that whenever you land bouncing fish you never use the 2nd kick to get rid of some of the lag. If you just hit b again you'll be able to act faster. (I'm not sure if you know this, just trying to help)

Cruecial

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cruecial
I watched some of your play on stream the other night and one thing I noticed is that whenever you land bouncing fish you never use the 2nd kick to get rid of some of the lag. If you just hit b again you'll be able to act faster. (I'm not sure if you know this, just trying to help)
Yeah, I have a real problem with that. Putting a sticky note on my tv right now to remember to do that more consistently!

I have to play the other Zero to Hero participant in a Bo5 on Sunday to see how much we've grown over the week. Anyone play a solid Megaman (who they're maining) that wants to help me practice? :)

Last edited:

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
Yeah, I have a real problem with that. Putting a sticky note on my tv right now to remember to do that more consistently!

I have to play the other Zero to Hero participant in a Bo5 on Sunday to see how much we've grown over the week. Anyone play a solid Megaman (who they're maining) that wants to help me practice? :)
I don't play Megaman but if your up for it we could play some Sheik dittos. We can skype if you want and I'll remind you every time you forget use bouncing fish to flip out

Cruecial

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cruecial
I don't play Megaman but if your up for it we could play some Sheik dittos. We can skype if you want and I'll remind you every time you forget use bouncing fish to flip out
Sure, that'd be awesome. My NNID is 'Cruecial'

Last edited:

suarsuar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
suarsuar
Headed down south to Pompano, FL for their December monthly and will be sending live updates via fairestf-air.tumblr.com if anyone wants to offer opinions, hype, trash talk etc.

Bonne voyage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom