• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

Jackson

Smash Lord
I love using her grab then immediately going for the Uair for the kill. Doesn't always work. Hell, I think it hardly works, but when I hit it, it's magic!
Yeah Dthrow to Uair is always a solid follow up. You're right about it not working at really high percents, but in my experience it seems pretty much guaranteed at low to mid percent.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
If anything, you can always condition them so that if they don't airdodge or avoid it, you have some sort of punish or chase options lined up. Sets them up for that moment when they actually decide not to airdodge.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Sheik vs. Greninja seems like it's a pretty fun matchup, even if i think it's in Sheik's favor x:

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Hey guys! The name's Will! You might know me as a DK main from Brawl, but I've taken quite a liking to Sheik as well. She was my Melee and PM main, and I'm really liking her this time around. I'll probably be in and out of here to keep up to date with her developing metagame. (Also the DK boards are dead as ever so I figured I'd stop in here LOL)

Jackson

Smash Lord
Hey guys! The name's Will! You might know me as a DK main from Brawl, but I've taken quite a liking to Sheik as well. She was my Melee and PM main, and I'm really liking her this time around. I'll probably be in and out of here to keep up to date with her developing metagame. (Also the DK boards are dead as ever so I figured I'd stop in here LOL)
Oh yeah! I've seen your Brawl DK, it's awesome man! It's cool to see you around here.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Sheik vs. Greninja seems like it's a pretty fun matchup, even if i think it's in Sheik's favor x:
you sound buttmad :}

ALso I played a 2/3 ditto set and god. that makes me hate my own character

Zero Suit Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-4318-0259
Hello Sheik players! I'd like some help in beating your character if you'd be willing to assist me :)

I play Rosalina. I feel pretty confident in most matchups, but in this matchup I'm at a total loss. My friend plays a pretty mean rushdown Sheik and I have no idea what to do...
  • I found it hard to send Luma out to attack Sheik because 1 needle cancels the whole move
  • Going air-to-air against Sheik was pretty much always a failure for me because Sheik's fair is very very fast and her other aerials are fast and strong as well.
  • I found Luma was dying/going into tumble/generally getting hit an unable to move a lot. Basically, Sheik is fast and her normals have pretty decent range, and I had a hard time making use of Luma throughout the fight because Luma was usually getting hit or was in tumble (or just generally incapacitated in some way or another).
  • Using dtilt and ftilt helped me quite a bit for spacing in this matchup, but I still found I was frequently beat out by Sheik.
  • Do you guys have any other tips for me on how to beat Sheik and Rosalina or just tips against Sheik in general?
Thanks!

TL;DR: SOS please help me beat Sheik T_T

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik landing lag comparisons
Smash 4 source
Smash4 frame data
Nair 10
Fair 10
Bair 12
Uair 21
Dair 30
Brawl frame data
Nair 10
Fair 10
Bair 10
Uair 21
dair 26
Melee frame data
Nair
Landlag: 16
L canceled: 8
Fair
Bair
Uair
Landlag: 24
L canceled: 12
Dair
Landlag: 20
L canceled: 10

Last edited:

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Hello Sheik players! I'd like some help in beating your character if you'd be willing to assist me :)

I play Rosalina. I feel pretty confident in most matchups, but in this matchup I'm at a total loss. My friend plays a pretty mean rushdown Sheik and I have no idea what to do...
  • I found it hard to send Luma out to attack Sheik because 1 needle cancels the whole move
  • Going air-to-air against Sheik was pretty much always a failure for me because Sheik's fair is very very fast and her other aerials are fast and strong as well.
  • I found Luma was dying/going into tumble/generally getting hit an unable to move a lot. Basically, Sheik is fast and her normals have pretty decent range, and I had a hard time making use of Luma throughout the fight because Luma was usually getting hit or was in tumble (or just generally incapacitated in some way or another).
  • Using dtilt and ftilt helped me quite a bit for spacing in this matchup, but I still found I was frequently beat out by Sheik.
  • Do you guys have any other tips for me on how to beat Sheik and Rosalina or just tips against Sheik in general?
Thanks!

Well I'm gonna quote Dtj Jungle from another thread here then see if I can help you.

"I'm gonna be honest you're probably better going to the character boards we've mentioned and just looking it up yourself. We're still documenting the fundamentals and basics of our character, so getting that kind of info at this time from us is likely premature.

Also we've only had the game for like a week so we all suck

no offense intended to this board"

So with that in mind the only thing I can tell you is try and keep luma close, sheik is going to try and launch you for obvious reasons so play a very defensive play style because once you're launched that's a free 25-40 damage we get on you. As someone who has yet to play a good rosalina I can't help much but this should help a bit I think.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord

Thanks!

Use your Side B liberally as a zoning tool.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
You guys can just call me Jungle btw

Hey guys lets rap for a sec. So I don't particularly want FIVE stickies on this board when the games been out less than a week (or ever, really). But I also feel like we should separate our general discussion from any "social discussion." I think alot of us here are in it for the long run so it'd be cool if we got to talk with each other outside of our broken character as well you know? But I don't really wanna stick another topic lol. It looks cluttered with all those stickies.

So what I propose is this: Why dont we merge the AT thread with this thread, and it'll stay an all purpose thread. It's kind of confusing, do I ask my sheik related question here or in the AT thead or in the match up thread? I feel like if we merge this thread with the AT thread we at least have two pretty solid divides. After that we can make a social thread

OR: we can just make this thread a social thread, call the AT thread the Sheik general thread, and move about our merry day. I realize option B makes the most sense but I already typed Option A before I thought of B so I'm not deleting it.

Let me hear your opinions

Last edited:

ShiekShallKill

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2766-9149-7820
I suppose we can do that, but couldn't we have a few complications? I just feel like we should talk about Sheik and ignore the people who want to talk about a another character/matchup. Anyone with me or against me?

Jackson

Smash Lord
Hmm... both options seem alright. the AT thread isn't meant to really be a pure "discussion" though, kinda just a reference area and a place where people can share findings without making new threads. Ultimately, its your call jungle.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
You guys can just call me Jungle btw

Hey guys lets rap for a sec. So I don't particularly want FIVE stickies on this board when the games been out less than a week (or ever, really). But I also feel like we should separate our general discussion from any "social discussion." I think alot of us here are in it for the long run so it'd be cool if we got to talk with each other outside of our broken character as well you know? But I don't really wanna stick another topic lol. It looks cluttered with all those stickies.

So what I propose is this: Why dont we merge the AT thread with this thread, and it'll stay an all purpose thread. It's kind of confusing, do I ask my sheik related question here or in the AT thead or in the match up thread? I feel like if we merge this thread with the AT thread we at least have two pretty solid divides. After that we can make a social thread

OR: we can just make this thread a social thread, call the AT thread the Sheik general thread, and move about our merry day. I realize option B makes the most sense but I already typed Option A before I thought of B so I'm not deleting it.

Let me hear your opinions

I'm going with Option A but may I propose a third alternative (Which I'd choose over A)? Why can't this be both general and social? I mean it's already in the title. Then the AT and MU threads could be untouched.

@ ShiekShallKill ShiekShallKill Eh, being nice should be the preferred method. Right about now everyone is just trying to get good fast or learn as much about their characters before the wii u version comes.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Well we won't necessarily talk about another character and matchup. Just in my time here on SWF it's inevitable that the board community becomes close knit and wants to talk about other stuff other than like. you know smash. I imagine that we all have different things in life we like to do other than smash. Maybe not. Social threads are meant to separate that sort of discussion from gameplay discussion. So, instead of the inevitable off topic talk that would occur in gameplay threads, we have a designated essentially off topic thread for us to go to. And believe me, off topic talk does happen, eventually.

@ Jackson Jackson Yeah, I know that isn't what it's purpose was originally but I'd rather have a thread that focuses on something rather than just "general discussion" and outside of matchups, what do we talk about gameplay wise? **** Sheik does, right? What's the best place for that? A thread that talks about Sheik techniques. That way it's easier for you and I to compile matchup stuff or Sheik technique stuff instead of just having it floating around in a general or in a new thread somewhere.

MRGRGR STOP REPLYING WHILE IM REPLYING

@ ?.? ?.? yeah but thats part of the problem right? if gameplay stuff gets bogged down with off topic discussion how is anyone going to find anything? it's also kind of alienating when we're talking about one thing that might not be pertenant to gameplay and someone comes in and sees social talk and is now like 'uh what do i do with my question'

I'd like for all of us to decide what to do with this board. Just cuz I can do the stuff doesn't mean I want to make all the decisions for you guys.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Well we won't necessarily talk about another character and matchup. Just in my time here on SWF it's inevitable that the board community becomes close knit and wants to talk about other stuff other than like. you know smash. I imagine that we all have different things in life we like to do other than smash. Maybe not. Social threads are meant to separate that sort of discussion from gameplay discussion. So, instead of the inevitable off topic talk that would occur in gameplay threads, we have a designated essentially off topic thread for us to go to. And believe me, off topic talk does happen, eventually.

@ Jackson Jackson Yeah, I know that isn't what it's purpose was originally but I'd rather have a thread that focuses on something rather than just "general discussion" and outside of matchups, what do we talk about gameplay wise? **** Sheik does, right? What's the best place for that? A thread that talks about Sheik techniques. That way it's easier for you and I to compile matchup stuff or Sheik technique stuff instead of just having it floating around in a general or in a new thread somewhere.

I'd like for all of us to decide what to do with this board. Just cuz I can do the stuff doesn't mean I want to make all the decisions for you guys.
Thanks for taking our opinions, Jungle, it's really cool to see a chill and flexible mod. Anyway, what you said makes sense. If you feel that it's right, adding the gameplay thread to the AT thread works. I also like what @ ?.? ?.? said though.

And to Jungle's credit, I have personally felt a bit akward posting gameplay questions in social threads because I don't really see a better option. I did put a ton of work into the AT thread though (and of course i will continue to) so I like it being independent. Argh, I can't make up my mind...

Last edited:

?.?

Smash Journeyman
-snip for space-

MRGRGR STOP REPLYING WHILE IM REPLYING

@ ?.? ?.? yeah but thats part of the problem right? if gameplay stuff gets bogged down with off topic discussion how is anyone going to find anything? it's also kind of alienating when we're talking about one thing that might not be pertenant to gameplay and someone comes in and sees social talk and is now like 'uh what do i do with my question'

Never! Anyways yeah I see your point, it is a hard decision regardless as either option you proposed looks decent. In light of this I'm changing my previous choice of Option A to Option B simply because it makes the most sense. Lol deal with it :D

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hmmm, I come from the management of Ankoku so I'm use to having more stickies then actually threads but I can see where Jungle is coming from. Generally my mind set when it comes to simple questions or small facts about Sheik is I would post them in the general thread as it rewards regular members of the board for remaining active and it acts as a hidden incentive for people to become more active with our community.

Honestly though I'll be happy with whatever outcome. So no I don't ^________^

Edit: ...You know another option is to just make a index thread with a short description of what the thread is discussing with a link and unsticky all the other threads but general and match up...I think the video thread should stay as well but I could be bias due to it being my thread.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Hmmm, I come from the management of Ankoku so I'm use to having more stickies then actually threads but I can see where Jungle is coming from. Generally my mind set when it comes to simple questions or small facts about Sheik is I would post them in the general thread as it rewards regular members of the board for remaining active and it acts as a hidden incentive for people to become more active with our community.

haha, okay. Thanks for the input anyway.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer

Edit: ...You know another option is to just make a index thread with a short description of what the thread is discussing with a link and unsticky all the other threads but general and match up...I think the video thread should stay as well but I could be bias due to it being my thread.
I'm fine with that, I'm not saying we have to stick with either A or B that I proposed.

I just remembered once I had 7 stickies in a forum and it looked dumb :<

ShiekShallKill

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2766-9149-7820
I'm fine with that, I'm not saying we have to stick with either A or B that I proposed.

I just remembered once I had 7 stickies in a forum and it looked dumb :<
We shall never stop replying (Since it makes us look boss by proving a Moderator wrong). But anyways, I'm fine with either, but I'd like the idea of having Shiek the spotlight of this thread, instead of people coming at random basicly saying "How can I inhilate Sheik?" on a SHEIK strategy thread..... That's all.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT *slams fists of fury down*

Yea I get what you're saying, that's kind of what I hope to accomplish by splitting generals and social but I dunno.

Also I've been adding stuff to my cg post. There's ALOT of room for creativity after the initial fthrow.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT *slams fists of fury down*

Yea I get what you're saying, that's kind of what I hope to accomplish by splitting generals and social but I dunno.

Also I've been adding stuff to my cg post. There's ALOT of room for creativity after the initial fthrow.
Cool. The whole chaingrab idea as a whole is quite variable. Maybe the best way to do it is as a DI trap, alternating between Dthrow and Fthrow or something. Thanks for all the testing, Jungle. You're really moving the idea along.

Last edited:

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
You can alternate dthroe or fthrow. You can react to the Di on fthrow: if they Di anything other than away you can uair spike for the ground reset/regrab or if they Di away you can into stuff after. At high percents you can fair or uair for offstage/kill

Its Neat because it makes them feel like they have options or the ability to start neutral again but you have the advantage with any follow up.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
So enough with this weak testing and lame technique talk, it's time for real talk. What skins do you guys prefer to use lol, I myself love the new white/red one. Although the black one is a nice alternate from time to time.

Elemt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8975-5879
Hey guys I just have some general questions. Ftilt combo to fair or Nair is awesome and I was just wondering how do you guys get the ftilts started? And one more question, when you get hit up in the air how do you counter and get back down? Just some general tips would be great I'm a noob sheik and I only played brawl Falco

Last edited:

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I just have some general questions. Ftilt combo to fair or Nair is awesome and I was just wondering how do you guys get the ftilts started? And one more question, when you get hit up in the air how do you counter and get back down? Just some general tips would be great I'm a noob sheik and I only played brawl Falco
Insomnia sucks but at least I can help peeps... Well foxtrotting and perfect pivots can really help get you ftilts, as for the latter question this is sheiks weak point she has no clear option for getting back to stage because her d-air is pretty bad. This is one of the reasons a few others and myself say try and go to battlefield with her as you get more combo potential and have a little bit more safety with the platforms.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Insomnia sucks. So does Centurylink; I can't get a youtube to load so I'm bored.
Anyway, I'll probably learn Sheik when the Wii U version comes out. My ninja skills need refining; I've been silently lurking but leaving likes on here for a dead giveaway, lol.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So I just got done doing a Sheik hit box range comparison from neutral position

1. Instant Dash attack but it's hit box doesn't come out until at least dtilt range.
  2. Jab2
  3. Fair
  4. Ftilt this might be the same range as fair but it's hard to not DI at all without a c stick
  5. Dtilt, jab1, 2nd hit utilt. There might be a very tiny difference in distance but not enough to worry about.
  6. Vanish, Dsmash (back hit which is where the hit box first come out now LAME, hate being right)
  7. Nair
  8. standing grab
  9. 1st hit utilt. No hitbox behind Sheik as suspected.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So enough with this weak testing and lame technique talk, it's time for real talk. What skins do you guys prefer to use lol, I myself love the new white/red one. Although the black one is a nice alternate from time to time.
The purple one is GOAT

ShiekShallKill

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2766-9149-7820
Ah duuuuuuuuuude you totally have a point. Lets talk about a suit color that brings no strategy into the game but uniqueness, while if we discover new combos it will help us win matches. SO I guess I'll go get my 3DS XL and play Level 1CPU's with my Black-Suited Sheik.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Ah duuuuuuuuuude you totally have a point. Lets talk about a suit color that brings no strategy into the game but uniqueness, while if we discover new combos it will help us win matches. SO I guess I'll go get my 3DS XL and play Level 1CPU's with my Black-Suited Sheik.
.... haha, chill man. He's just want a little casual dialog so maybe we can all be friends. Him asking what's everyone favorite color isn't going to suddenly make people not want to test.

Anyways to answer @ ?.? ?.? I think I'll stick to green Sheik, I do think it looks worst in smash4 then melee or brawl but I've been using green sheik since I first watch Rock lee vs Garaa fight back in 05.

Last edited:

Elemt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8975-5879
Insomnia sucks but at least I can help peeps... Well foxtrotting and perfect pivots can really help get you ftilts, as for the latter question this is sheiks weak point she has no clear option for getting back to stage because her d-air is pretty bad. This is one of the reasons a few others and myself say try and go to battlefield with her as you get more combo potential and have a little bit more safety with the platforms.
Thanks. Yea I was gonna say I have trouble at times because her dair is really punishing if you miss. I guess mixing up the platforms will do. Can you bouncing fish cancel on the 3 platforms on bg? Mix up your landings like that would be good.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Purple sheik > Red sheik > Green Sheik > shirtless Shulk > rest of sheik colors

Top Bottom