• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So... It seems it's possible to combo mario from the ground with a fair into bouncing fish up to at least 95%. The trick is to hit him with the falling fair, dash forward, jump, double jump if needed and then do a max range bouncing fish.

It's rough but it can be done and yes it does kill.

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I figured I'd pop in here. I co-mained Sheik almost all throughout Brawl (even when I switched mains) so she was my most-played character in that game. It took a while for me to get used to her in smash 4, but I'm liking her so far. I'm planning to co-main her with Bowser (might wind up switching to completely maining her later?)

It's weird to me still though cause I'm so used to having to chase people off-stage to get gimps, and Sheik seems worse at gimping this time around, but on the flip side, she has actual good kill moves now.

:059:

ShiekShallKill

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2766-9149-7820
I figured I'd pop in here. I co-mained Sheik almost all throughout Brawl (even when I switched mains) so she was my most-played character in that game. It took a while for me to get used to her in smash 4, but I'm liking her so far. I'm planning to co-main her with Bowser (might wind up switching to completely maining her later?)

It's weird to me still though cause I'm so used to having to chase people off-stage to get gimps, and Sheik seems worse at gimping this time around, but on the flip side, she has actual good kill moves now.

The nerf to her Gimping abilities was definitly worth it for the combo & killing moves; Well, atleast that's my preferance....

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
So... It seems it's possible to combo mario from the ground with a fair into bouncing fish up to at least 95%. The trick is to hit him with the falling fair, dash forward, jump, double jump if needed and then do a max range bouncing fish.

It's rough but it can be done and yes it does kill.
That doesn't sound rough at all. November get here so I can make dreams into reality!!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
That doesn't sound rough at all. November get here so I can make dreams into reality!!
>.>' It took me like 20 tries to land it even once with the combo meter saying it was true. We are a long way from Sheik's doing this on the fly but I feel to even point out how this can really happen help a lot. Now when we see a video of a Sheik doing something like fair into BF for the kill we wont just sigh and say they should of air dodge but wonder, was that a true combo or a semi combo.

It's a healthy mindset.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Welp, the good news is that with a little luck, I'll be smashing it up thanks to a hookup from MVD. Borrowing a 3DS until I actually decide to purchase mine, so even though I abhor the controls, I'll take some ideas and see if i can make them work.

Jackson

Smash Lord
It's so exciting, the rate at which we're all discovering combos and techniques for Shiek. I have really high hopes and I think we can take this character really far.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi. I'm experiencing SSB4 vicariously by asking how characters are on their forums because I don't have a 3DS :sadeyes:
How good is Sheik looking this time? What do you think her best and worst MUs are?

Jackson

Smash Lord
Hi. I'm experiencing SSB4 vicariously by asking how characters are on their forums because I don't have a 3DS :sadeyes:
How good is Sheik looking this time? What do you think her best and worst MUs are?
Sheik is looking very good. Solid aerials, tilits, specials, and throws. She has an awesome combo game that can function at higher % than most others, and Shiek has a DACUS as well (should be useful on Wii U)!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Is there not a match-up thread?

I wanted to get some experience with the Lucario match-up and it seems kind of tough. I haven't worked Bouncing Fish into my game completely yet but even still I had a pretty rough time. I felt like I was working a lot harder (probably was because I can't Bouncing Fish kill consistently yet) but his recovery is pretty big, has weird hitboxes and he has that aura effect. I dunno maybe it's my inexperience with Sheik's new tools but it seemed kinda tough

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Extremely strong high tier to top tier, for the most part she's been buffed in almost every way and at first I thought she suffered from the same problem as in brawl (KO Potential) then I realized and I think most others that because of her combo potential, BF(bouncing fish), and some gimmicks she can kill relatively early 90-110 as opposed to her 110-150 I was used to in brawl.

If I had to guess I'd have to agree with Tristan on Pac-man being a tough counter to her, his analysis of the matchup on the previous page pretty much sums up all my experience I've had against him. Best matchups would probably be any of the larger characters simply because they punish you less for being less accurate in your spacing (big targets = easier to hit). I personally think she's a great counter to lil-mac and possibly the best next to jiggs simply because you launch him and he's screwed. Anyways take all of this with a grain of salt as the game is still new and I'm sure things are yet to be discovered, if you do decide to pick up sheik which I recommend you'll be doing lots of f-air/d-air strings.

@ DtJ Jungle DtJ Jungle when I was learning BF (still am) I liked to keep my u-air as fresh as possible so if all else failed I could do a simple d-tilt to u-air string to kill at about 100-130 depending on stage/enemy. I usually go for a fresh BF kill at 90-110 and if that fails go for a shorthop f-air>d-tilt>u-air... if you pull off a nice read you could skip the f-air as I use that simply because everyone is still not aware of how fast sheik can do stuff off it and they usually drop shield and get hit otherwise I get punished but I deserve it for not killing them already lol.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'm not killing ANYONE at 100 with aerials unless its off sstage, already really close to the ceiling or with like a fresh fsmash at the side of the stage @-@

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea Sheik still is going to be killing competent players in the 120-160 range for the most part.

She racks damage so fast though its a non-issue.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yeah she gets a ton of damage on the board super fast which is nice, but against Lucario you put in a lot of work to make it easier for him to kill you :( plus his recovery is jank and i dunno when hitboxes are out or when its okay to go out and hit him

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yeah she gets a ton of damage on the board super fast which is nice, but against Lucario you put in a lot of work to make it easier for him to kill you :( plus his recovery is jank and i dunno when hitboxes are out or when its okay to go out and hit him
Oh yeah Lucario was pretty much a hard counter to Sheik in Brawl and he pretty much was buffed across the board.

Not much to say its a tough matchup that requires you to massively outplay your opponent.

We'll have to see what we can come up with in the next few months but its definitely bad in theory.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Oh yeah Lucario was pretty much a hard counter to Sheik in Brawl and he pretty much was buffed across the board.

Not much to say its a tough matchup that requires you to massively outplay your opponent.

We'll have to see what we can come up with in the next few months but its definitely bad in theory.
He was? Interesting. I never really had a particularly tough time against Lucarios in Brawl.

Lucario does worry a lot more in Smash 4 though because he isn't easy to gimp anymore.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yea i had a really tough time. I'll see if my friend wants to play again and see if I can get some replays uploaded.

vmoney48

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0361-8296-7078
I haven't had too much of a problem against Lucarios in Smash 4 yet. Maybe I haven't played any good ones yet.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Very real problem guys!!

What do I use to punish peeps on wiiU? Bouncing Fish or DACUS?! Lol.

As far as lucario.. He doesn't necessarily counter Sheik in Brawl but he was tough. In this game I expect more of the same. He will be a pain.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Here's some topic for discussion after playing a few hundred matches: Stages.

I've found that I haven't really liked any version of FD with Sheik. Not that it's terrible or anything, I would just prefer to have platforms. Sheik has really great tools to pressure opponents on platforms (and just above her in general) as well as the ability to force them onto platforms with needles. Sheik also gets some really good combo extension from platforms. I've been able to grab -> fair -> grab on platform -> fair -> dj fair on every character I've played against so far.

I also feel like Sheik is really weak when she's above her opponent. On FD stages you don't really have anywhere to escape and it makes full hopping on accident pretty deadly as well. Platforms mitigate these problems by being able to shield or just use Sheik's dash/run speed to get back to even ground.

A lot of this might seem elementary but it's good to start here with a new game and I would like to see if anyone has any other thoughts on stages for Sheik.

We can make this into a separate thread we should have a match up and stage thread

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Sup guys, I'm a Rosalina player that'll be picking up Sheik as a secondary. So I guess you guys will see me around here a bit more.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I made a match-up thread.

Dunno if we need a stage thread since it will end up being match up expecific anyway

Jackson

Smash Lord
So, mods/however oversees the Shiek Boards: cool if I make an AT/Trick thread? I think it's about time for it since we're all making new threads for findings and having one universal thread would make it less convoluted. Someone else could make it if they wanted to as well because I can be lazy sometimes, haha.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Here's some topic for discussion after playing a few hundred matches: Stages.

I've found that I haven't really liked any version of FD with Sheik. Not that it's terrible or anything, I would just prefer to have platforms. Sheik has really great tools to pressure opponents on platforms (and just above her in general) as well as the ability to force them onto platforms with needles. Sheik also gets some really good combo extension from platforms. I've been able to grab -> fair -> grab on platform -> fair -> dj fair on every character I've played against so far.

I also feel like Sheik is really weak when she's above her opponent. On FD stages you don't really have anywhere to escape and it makes full hopping on accident pretty deadly as well. Platforms mitigate these problems by being able to shield or just use Sheik's dash/run speed to get back to even ground.

A lot of this might seem elementary but it's good to start here with a new game and I would like to see if anyone has any other thoughts on stages for Sheik.

We can make this into a separate thread we should have a match up and stage thread
Use bouncing fish to change your trajectory in the air. Very few characters have the mobility to chase down a bouncing fish.

Sheik essentially has 3 jumps now.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
So, mods/however oversees the Shiek Boards: cool if I make an AT/Trick thread? I think it's about time for it since we're all making new threads for findings and having one universal thread would make it less convoluted. Someone else could make it if they wanted to as well because I can be lazy sometimes, haha.
Since I'm the only mod I've seen here I'll answer this: you don't need permission to make a thread! if you wanna compile all the AT/Tricks we have then go for it

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Thanks man. I think it might be a project I'll start working on soon.
well to cover the basics make sure you cover vanish/needle glides, grenade ledge cancelling, and some basic true combos... Fair to anything at 0% is amazing and a must to know for peeps.

On to the topic I had something weird happen today against my friend.... twice, the first was against his megaman and somehow I managed to bounce my grenade against the top of his dair which I knew had the potential to happen but had never seen and instead of causing a vortex it exploded immediately. The second was against G&W I hit him with a BF at 90 and I think he had time to u-air (sadly it was a cpu so I couldn't ask) as I flew up during the rebound and died.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I had something interesting happen against a friend's Shulk. He used counter. I hit his counter with my Down B, which of course popped me back up and safely out of range of his counter. I think I hit A or B during it, and wound up hitting him before he could move.

It could be kinda nice if we get a guaranteed hit on Shulk if he attempts to counter.

ShiekShallKill

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2766-9149-7820
I had something interesting happen against a friend's Shulk. He used counter. I hit his counter with my Down B, which of course popped me back up and safely out of range of his counter. I think I hit A or B during it, and wound up hitting him before he could move.

It could be kinda nice if we get a guaranteed hit on Shulk if he attempts to counter.

The only problem is that when you hit Shulk during his counter, he slows down everything in the area, making it harder to bounce back. But I'll try it later to test it out..

Lemonitis

Smash Rookie
I love using her grab then immediately going for the Uair for the kill. Doesn't always work. Hell, I think it hardly works, but when I hit it, it's magic!

Top Bottom