• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I want to get to some Kary stuff now that I didn't get to yesterday:

0. Kary, wtf are you doing? You're playing all nonchalant and openly anti-town.

1. Explain where each of your reads in this post came from. Many of them don't make any sense at all especially with the quotes you referenced. You stated that the quotes weren't necessary the source of the reads. I wont to know what are the source of the reads.

2. Your whole line of questioning with Riddle was dull as ****. Explain to me what you were looking for with each of the questions you asked him.

3. a) Why did you unvote BSP at that point? Why are you trying to infuriate my inner Zen?

b) (stay calm zen, you can do this) What in the actual ****. Stop playing like this. You put KevinM as town from that one post so clearly b is the reason you have for why you had him as town. Why wouldn't scum KevMo "nonchalantly" win the auction??? Why Why? Scum KevMo could flat out claim scum and still live. He aint gonna worry about what people think about him bidding the highest in the auction. Furthermore, it's more likely for scum to do something like that. Each individual townie only starts out with 2000 J. Scum however have a collective amount of at least 6000 J. They can tell coordinate which cards they buy with eachother. For just one of them to bid all their Jenis for the card doesn't put much of a dent as if an individual townie bids all their Jenis. So explain to me why you would assume town from this.
We each have our own playstyles.

you can tell I'm town this game because I have been baiting for reactions
#1 They are all basically just gut reads, loosely related to the quotes from each. Like, the quotes are supposed to be representative of what stood out about their play. Like Vinyl openly not being very useful, hence scum-lean.

#2 My whole line of questioning on Riddle was what I felt like asking Riddle. Mostly I just wanted to see how he'd react to being questioned. I could go more into specifics but really anything I mention would just be weak.

#3 a) I unvoted BSP to draw attention to BSP ignoring my vote
a) I'm not trying to infuriate you, i'm trying to see how people react. Like you calling me anti-town; do you genuinely believe that or are you trying to make me look scummy?

#3 b)don't give me a weak mechanics reason for why Kev winning the auction makes him scum. I felt he was nonchalant, relaxed, hence the main reason for the town read. Ok? Obviously it's not a strong town read, i'm not just going to sit on it, because it's right at the start of the game. So calm down.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Vinyl. said:
Or it could be him bussing teryscum as shows hints of it, looking like he's obv scum, imo.
Excuse me? You're going to have to try and elaborate more.

BSP said:
If we had to lynch one of them, Tery, solely due to the fact that KevinM has had more of a (though not helpful imo) presence in the game so far. Outside of that, neither of them have really added much.
You're going to have to update this read as KevMo is hardbodying this thread now.

Maybe to see who comments on the vote? Who joins in on voting Tery?
Is this you admitting you had no reason to vote Tery in the first place then and 'only wanted to see who joined on voting tery?' Why not just sit and observe if you had no purpose to be on the wagon anyways? This screams like one of my tactics I've done before, like my Newbie perhaps. Tell me your full intentions and why you felt a vote was useful if you were just trying to see who comments on the vote or joins in on voting Tery.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Riddle said:
I am not okay with lynching an inactive Day 1, I don't want to start Day 2 with very few connections to look into and most likely two dead townies. I'd be more okay with lynching inactives on Day 2 or later, but certainly not today. That being said, I'd really love for Vinyl to die. BSP seems more noobtown than noobscum to me, but I'd also be all right with his lynch, since he's fairly useless and has a TON of connections and interactions to look into. Obviously we are nowhere near deadline yet so there's still a lot of discussion to be had.

Unvote, Vote: Vinyl
Town Mindset, but Wrong Mindset. I see what KevMo is doing with Tery lynch, and I agree that inactives aren't really the way to go, but considering we're two days into the game and Tery still hasn't really posted or responded, I don't see anything wrong with the Tery push. Lynching is another idea however, and this includes the people voting Tery right now.

...Hey BSP, why's your vote still on Tery?

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Vinyl. said:
NL, if you're really that sure he's obv town, You're gonna have to convince me and others why then instead making a jump to saying that he is.
Made me laugh. I wouldn't lynch KevMo at this point even if he was confirmed scum because he would still be a better asset than you.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
KevMo said:
Unvote

Vote Badwolf
This vote is the mark of a true townie. I'm fine with pushing this too if Badwolf doesn't post or keeps up his lurking. So many useless players, so little time.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Reading BSL's catch-up posts made me laugh, but this time in a good way. He has a key to LyLo, and my heart.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
So caught up from about page 9 (reading backwards):

Don't Lynch
KevMo
Ryker
BSL
Riddle
Joker

No Opinion (yet)
Hando (lean town iirc)
Orbo (skimmed his posts)

Could Lynch
Tery
Kary

Lynch
BSP
Vinyl.

Vig Bait
Badwolf

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
KevMo said:
No Lynch what do you think of Vinyl's play and his particularly tunneling of my slot including the strawman of me saying Tery is obv scum when I'm arguing that I think it's a wasted slot with a lot of scum reaction during the buy phase.. do you think this is a weak town tell from Vinyl or do you think he's flailing chainsaw scum?

I'm willing to bet it's the former, I can't see Vinyl playing so defensive of his scummates which makes me at one point feel better about him but worse about keeping him around. He's not scum hunting as much as he's trying to contest the fact that I'm sure of my reads.
Reading Vinyl. is like trying to understand moon speak. His slot will always be a crapshoot and I read him off how I feel about his posts. I don't think Vinyl. understands how to chainsaw yet and I don't see reason for him to put himself out there when there was only about, what, two votes on Tery? I can totally see where you're coming from with the chainsaw but anything it was more weak town tell category than the former, though I don't believe that should save Vinyl. or we should stop advocating his lynch.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about answering Hando completely but I still have a couple of things I want to do with BSP. I'm delaying my response to you Hando in #314.

Handorin

Smash Hero
That's fine. I've barely read the thread since I've posted. I'll be catching up at some point today.

:phone:

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
lol @ 10 posts in a row

#1 They are all basically just gut reads, loosely related to the quotes from each. Like, the quotes are supposed to be representative of what stood out about their play. Like Vinyl openly not being very useful, hence scum-lean.

#2 My whole line of questioning on Riddle was what I felt like asking Riddle. Mostly I just wanted to see how he'd react to being questioned. I could go more into specifics but really anything I mention would just be weak.

#3 a) I unvoted BSP to draw attention to BSP ignoring my vote
a) I'm not trying to infuriate you, i'm trying to see how people react. Like you calling me anti-town; do you genuinely believe that or are you trying to make me look scummy?

#3 b)don't give me a weak mechanics reason for why Kev winning the auction makes him scum. I felt he was nonchalant, relaxed, hence the main reason for the town read. Ok? Obviously it's not a strong town read, i'm not just going to sit on it, because it's right at the start of the game. So calm down.
0. Having a playstyle doesn't give you an out to play like ****. It's easy to say that you're baiting for reactions when really you're just posting in a way to like you're doing so. I just used the same reasoning as scum in LoM. You need to look at it from the town's perspective. Town has no idea what your real intentions are. You intentionally making them murky is anti-town.

#1: Explain each please. This is what I'm talking about you being anti-town. You're dodging showing any real thought process.

#2: Going into the specifics please. Again, this is what I'm talking about you being anti-town. You're dodging having to show any real thought process.

#3a: I genuinely believe that. Again you are lacking thought process. You've just been spitting out random poop.

#3b: I never said he was scum for it. You said he was town for it. I'm showing you why that is an illogical conclusion. This is actually the first scummy response you have given. You're saying that it's some weak mechanic reasoning to show you why your conclusion is garbage dump (which it isn't), yet you are using weak meta that isn't even legit to say that he is town for it. I have Kevin as town (as you have seen). I'm not saying he's scum and I don't think he is. I'm saying that there is no way you should have had him as town from his one post. I really wanted to see if you would at least retract the read now that I have shown you why it is wrong, but you're still holding onto it and claiming for my reasoning to be weak mechanical reasoning. It has nothing to do with mechanics haha, it has to do with the fact that scum can afford more than town. It's Kevin ****ing M, not some random noob. "oh he was nonchelant by winning" is the dumbest reason and doesn't even make any sense.

BSP

Smash Legend
Why did you ignore my vote until I mentioned it gave you the opportunity to respond; only to respond with nothing?
Because tbh, 1 vote by itself didn't bother me or anything. If you would've asked questions like No Lynch did, I would've responded right then and there, but it was just a vote when it takes 8 to lynch.

I responded with nothing due to the above, and the fact that you didn't ask me anything.

Hmmm. Who are you looking into right now, BSP?
No Lynch just made some posts that make me want to re-evaluate the slot this quickly.

...Hey BSP, why's your vote still on Tery?
2 reasons. If I had taken if off as soon as you conveniently told me that Tery doesn't respond to any kind of pressure, I would be getting looked at for backpedaling really quickly right now.

The other reason is coupled with what I said above, I haven't felt the need to move it off yet.

How did you feel about me keeping my vote on Tery? I'm sure you felt something since you asked me.

BSP

Smash Legend
I didn't update my read on KevMo. He seems town now that he's explaining his actions, and he's promoting useful discussion.

BSP

Smash Legend
I just missed multi-quoting this altogether

Is this you admitting you had no reason to vote Tery in the first place then and 'only wanted to see who joined on voting tery?'
I don't think you're reading back very well. I give you my motive right here.

The motive was to apply pressure to Tery, but right after I made that vote, Soup said that Tery rarely responds to pressure and plays inactive regardless of alignment and pressure. I guess it's holding true since Tery hasn't made a post in a while.
So to answer your question, no. "Only wanting to see who joined on voting Tery" was not my only reason for the vote.

And you asked me that question in regards to why KevMo would vote Tery, didn't you?

What other reason does KevMo have to vote Tery other than to:

A) Lynch him
B) Pressure him

You're playing dumb with this.
Now you're flipping things around. How'd you take a response to a question about KevMo's intentions to say something about my own?

Why not just sit and observe if you had no purpose to be on the wagon anyways?
I gave you a purpose, you must have missed it.

This screams like one of my tactics I've done before, like my Newbie perhaps. Tell me your full intentions and why you felt a vote was useful if you were just trying to see who comments on the vote or joins in on voting Tery.
The vote was useful because it was forming a wagon (3 players on it at a time). I thought that would give Tery more incentive to post than me just sitting on the sidelines.

And again, you missed my pressure intent of voting Tery, and you took the "just trying to see who comments on the vote or joins in on voting Tery" from me responding to possible reasons why KevMo would vote Tery.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@NL

IF you want to argue that I'm being anti-town, that's great. Have fun.
Anti-town doesn't mean I'm scum, though, so unless you have some reason to think i'm faking it etc., stop asking me to explain every little ****ing thing.

I'm not clinging to my read on Kevin, i'm explaining the reason for it, so don't come over here and tell me it's 'illogical' or 'makes no sense' just because you disagree. You can keep your ****ty 'scum more likely to win auction', and stop ****ing on my initial RVS read just because... you can?

And stop walling because it's an *** to read and will just end with me ignoring you

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's fine. I've barely read the thread since I've posted. I'll be catching up at some point today.

Yo! I know that feel bro!

But I'm off V/LA now. I'm reading while I'm at work. May not finish until tomorrow, but I'll be posting.

Kary, read on NL. Up to two words. I really don't care for anything more than that until I've read the thread.

Am I still in the RPS tournament?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Scum however have a collective amount of at least 6000 J. They can tell coordinate which cards they buy with eachother. For just one of them to bid all their Jenis for the card doesn't put much of a dent as if an individual townie bids all their Jenis. So explain to me why you would assume town from this.
is this something that we know? i didn't know scum could pass Jenis around to each other.

wait stop. Jenis is one letter off from Penis. WTF lol.

ok, back to what i was saying. NL how do you know that scum can give Jenis to each other?

Reading BSL's catch-up posts made me laugh, but this time in a good way. He has a key to LyLo, and my heart.
<3 i'll take the key to your heart, but idk if i want to be alive in LyLo. I don't know how to play mafia lmao

@Ryker, losers bracket. Check modposts for the TIO image.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
1. Explain where each of your reads in this post came from. Many of them don't make any sense at all especially with the quotes you referenced. You stated that the quotes weren't necessary the source of the reads. I wont to know what are the source of the reads.
Here's your problem. You're just stating that my reads don't make sense, but you haven't told me which reads or why. I appreciate that they may bug you, but I obviously think that my reads make sense, and having already given you a quote, don't feel much like going over the finer points of RVS, which probably isn't conclusive anyways.

I'm not here just to make you happy, so if you have a specific question, ask me that, and I'll try my best to explain. If you actually want to understand/read me, please stop coming at me with the attitude that what I'm saying doesn't make sense.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary do you agree with my series of posts starting at #337? How about Riddle's response to my analysis of his play?
Yeah, I agree with the gist of your analysis, except I want to give BSP the benefit of the doubt until I figure out whether he just SEEMS defensive/back-dooring. Like what you said about PJB, Riddle, Vinyl. Don't entirely agree with your lynchpool/reads, but presumably they're not static.

Riddle's argument about inactivity is dumb, I think Riddle is dry and likely wrong, and it's not really a productive discussion. That aside, I think his motives are good and I like the question about BSP.

How confident are you in FF being town?
That being said, it is frozenflame...

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Or it could be him bussing teryscum as shows hints of it, looking like he's obv scum, imo.
where the **** did that come from?
Vote: KevinM

I'm sorry, no. This guy needs to go now. I'm calling scum right here, right now.
There is no looking, it is a saying.
There is no Scum v Scum, It's only scum pushing another inactive scum with a weak town tell from him by a single read of him.
QUOTE]
explain. then die.
Vote:vinyl
BSL;14862871:urg: not even vynil? :c [/QUOTE said:
now vinyl can go. he wasn't being a scummy idiot at the last point i had read up.
I forgot about Frozen. I could lynch him too, but not today.
why?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Gotcha.

Can someone comment on the jenis thing? About how scum can presumably share jenis. NL mentioned it.

Does that make him scum? Or am I scum because everyone but me knew? I hope it's not the second one... :c

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ryker, help me out on this jenis thing. Just real fast, then go back to reading.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, help me out on this jenis thing. Just real fast, then go back to reading.
Can someone comment on the jenis thing? About how scum can presumably share jenis. NL mentioned it.

Does that make him scum? Or am I scum because everyone but me knew? I hope it's not the second one... :c
I haven't read it. I can't share Jenis.

That's not a painful stretch, but I wouldn't assume it because that would let them get stupid amounts of Jenis early. I'll tell you when I get to it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright I won the auction and now I can play mafia :D

Sup guys I'm KevinM I'm town and I'm looking for people to HBC

Vote Tery

Anyways this is who we get rid of ya ya ya!
Vote Tery

KevMo, I am probably going to lynch you if you're alive on Day 4.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That being said, while I still find Vinyl pretty scummy, inactivity seems to be a bigger problem than Vinyl is currently, so

UnvoteVote: Orboknown

Who should we lynch?
That's incredibly disgusting given that Orbo already gave a satisfactory answer to a question I posed him about inactivity.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Joker is annoying.

Want that updated BSP read if it's not in the thread already before I talk about Vinyl.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I can tell you right now that Tery even with a right enough of pressure won't do anything and as either alignment he is inactive, he is more vig fodder then D1 lynch. Anyone on the Tery lynch either wants to snuggle up with KevMo and be on his good side because he's high rolling with that dice, or they're looking for the easy way out. Which one are you?
This is probably true. I want to snuggle, but you did remind me that I wanted to ask Kevin something.

KevMo, does Hando answer that HBC call as scum?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I like BSP.

Look to Joker on Vinyl scumflip.
Look to Riddle on Orbo scumflip.

Look to this post on my flip unless I recant it later.

Top Bottom