• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I never said that :)

I said scum collectively has at least 6000 J. Nothing about passing it around.

Soup is going to have to do the rest of the posting today. Obv scum is obvious.

BSP
Vinyl
Kary
Badwolf
Tery

3-4 scum in that bunch. Banking on Kary legitimately just being ********. Dunno though may just shoot em. Don't like Ryker's push on Tery over other scum ****s. Tery is my last choice for the day. I'll just be posting gifs the rest of the day.
Talk to me about Tery after I talk to KevMo about Kary.

I would take your list and remove BSP and Kary.

Maybe sub in Riddle.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why Vinyl should be looked at if scum BSP. ^
I reached an almost inverted solution.

Unless I have my timeline wrong, Vinyl dropped Kary and whatever else he was doing to be on the BSP wagon which I don't think he'd do if it was a scummate. I find that newer scum *****foot around and don't join wagons on their scummates that don't include damning evidence, especially when there's other things on the table that they are already attached to.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Kary

Vote Tery for me.

For starters, talk to me about Riddle, FF, and BSP. Walk me through it.

Riddle

I get this icky feeling from you. You are asking so many questions that I see no value in, pushing somewhere you claim you don't want to go, and I can't remember any response at all to Kevin's reasoning on Tery. To be honest, I expected you to leap at a chance on Tery given that it was a reason to actually lynch the slot AND it was inactive. Can you tell me what you think there? Can you then move forward a bit and tell me, do you have any reservations with the consensus town reads that appear to be coming from me, NL, and KevMo? If not, then I can assume you agree with them, right?

More on the way after you get this.

Orbo

How are you feeling about the Vinyl/BSP situation right now? You think there's scum to be found there? You think there's two of them? If you had to pull the trigger on any player, who would it be?

BSL

Hey baby.

Talk to me about Hando, nobody talks about Hando. Can you read his posts again for me and tell me if there's anything significant to be found there?

Hando

Can I get one read with reasoning on a player who isn't popular to talk about at the moment? If not, then can you give me the list of players you find null right now?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If you get a chance, Ryker, tell me why.

Also,
Entire post is bad. Shape up.

Talk to me about Joker, BSP and Vinyl all putting me as lean-town. Which one of them is most likely to be conjuring that read out of thin air?

@BADWOLF: explain the reason for that NL vote, and then explain your read on me.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What is the meaning of this? If you could give even a shred of reasoning for this, that'd be great. Otherwise you just look like you're trying to look busy, without actually being busy.
What is the meaning of this? If you could give even a shred of reasoning for this, that'd be great. Otherwise you just look like you're trying to look busy, without actually being busy.

Rajam

Smash Champion
BadWolf28738 (didn't send options in time so they have been randomized)
[glow]Scissors[/glow] - Rock - Paper - Rock - Scissors

Riddle
[glow]Paper[/glow] - Scissors - Paper - Paper - Rock

Ryker (didn't send options in time so they have been randomized)
[glow]Scissors[/glow] - Paper - Paper - Scissors - Rock

Handorin (didn't send options in time so they have been randomized)
[glow]Paper[/glow] - Paper - Paper - Rock - Paper

Now, Vinyl. vs. Ryker
Deadline for this duel: Tuesday Sep 11th 19:00 AST

Riddle

Smash Lord
Ryker said:
I get this icky feeling from you. You are asking so many questions that I see no value in, pushing somewhere you claim you don't want to go, and I can't remember any response at all to Kevin's reasoning on Tery. To be honest, I expected you to leap at a chance on Tery given that it was a reason to actually lynch the slot AND it was inactive. Can you tell me what you think there? Can you then move forward a bit and tell me, do you have any reservations with the consensus town reads that appear to be coming from me, NL, and KevMo? If not, then I can assume you agree with them, right?
Not all of my questions are asked for a specific purpose. If I'm wondering something, then I ask it, as I'm operating under the philosophy that nearly all information is good information. So sometimes I'm going to ask some useless questions, yeah.

I don't know how much more clear I can be on my policy on lynching inactives Day 1. I will NOT participate in the lynch of an inactive until at least the second day, unless someone convinces me that is in town's best interest in some way that I haven't thought of.

I don't have town reads that are nearly as strong as you all seem to, but I mostly agree with who town seems to want to focus on (BSP, Vinyl, etc.), so I'm not so sure it matters how strong my agreement with those reads is.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
@Ryker: how could we forget Hando? Will do when I'm not on the phone.

@NL: Well this is awkward... Sorry bby pls 4giv me. Totes misinterpreted the post in question.

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
For starters, talk to me about Riddle, FF, and BSP. Walk me through it.
Riddle
Pretty much everything he says reads really dry and, maybe, safe to me. It's like he definitely has his own train of thought but it's nothing revolutionary. Will say town-lean until I catch something to suggest otherwise.

FF
Feel like he's more than happy to take the backseat, not sure whether legitimate disinterest or not. Also seems dismissive of some stuff, and maybe... grouchy? Still feels like a scum-lean until I see some sort of push or comment on other slots.

BSP
Going to say likely town, but keeping an eye on him. Can't really see him throwing any scumtells, stuff like the Tery vote doesn't bother me. Other hand, he's good at what he does and I can't necessarily read him when he's on the back foot.

All of these slots need more looking into, but that doesn't necessarily mean pressure. Curious, for instance, to see what BSP would do on own initiative, rather than in response to other people.

In other news, I know Orbo lurks as either alignment, but dear me I'm feeling scum-vibes tonight. Just... low levels of commitment to scumhunting I would say.

Also, feel like Vinyl is town because he's way too relaxed to be scum right now.

So right now I should be pressuring someone, because low low activity, but I can't be bothered. Just going to coast into D2, so wake me up when we get there.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Confirming that I'm scum as usual

null afaik.

By MPs, do you mean PMs?

And do we know what the cards do before we buy them? The sample just has random names and I don't know what they do.
still null, mechanics questions

In minigame

this was before you planned to have no one in the minigame, so still null

Guys, why are you making me reading 5 pages of garbage? We can't even vote or do anything until this buy phase is over, unless it ended and the title wasn't updated.... I guess I can read it in the morning.
upset about discussion in the Buy phase. i think that's dumb. negative cool points for him, but still null

A No Lynch will happen in this phase of the game.

But seriously, I think it's a hydra.

But super serious, I haven't even read the thread yet. I've done nothing but work, study, and go to school since the game started.
jokes, activity johns, null.

So I just read the 5 pages of stuff, and I think the post I didn't see that was right before my first one, other than the MG entry, sums up my feelings at this point.
he's referencing FF's
Call me when the whole "let's make **** out of nothing" phase is over
I think. again, reiterating his disapproval of the Buy Phase Banter. still don't like it, but he doesn't have to be scum because of it.

I can't believe I had to read all of that nonsense. lol. NL and Ryker are stretching more than boiling lava pizza cheese that slaps BSP on the chin for no reason at all when he takes a bite. So far, there hasn't been much out of the norm. If anything, I don't get any scum vibes from BSP. I'd put like a 2% town lean on him. lol.
i like this, especially considering the consensus that this is textbook BSP play.

So I hope I kinda already answered that seriously now? Null read. Just reaching a lot and not finding anything that can prove BSP is scum.
more of the same

Broseph, I can roll with this.

Vote:Tery
not sure if he thinks tery is scum or if it's a vote on an inactive. unfortunately he doesn't ever elaborate.

GG. I'll get you next time. You won't be able to smell what the Rock is cookin'.
reaction to losing. lol get owned.

This is a really good question, and I'm not even really sure I know the answer. My reads usually just come from gut/intuition rather than noticing particular things in posts or patterns. I generally let others find those and post it, then I take it into consideration of what I already feel.

How do you feel about his more recent gameplay? It seems to have shifted to me, but I'm not super convinced it's scum telling, just maybe slightly more so than the beginning.
hmm. i don't know how handorin plays, so idk how accurate this is. can anyone tell me?

That's fine. I've barely read the thread since I've posted. I'll be catching up at some point today.

and this is hando so far. barely read the thread, coming back today.

null to me. he's been very inactive, but he has johns. they DID come after he knew his role, but there have been other more inactive people who have no reason (tery, vynil, and BW, all of whom i wouldn't mind having dead in the near future).

i don't want him sneaking around this thread for too much longer. i heard of him before he came back, so he obviously is old school and most likely not bad at this game. a lurky oldguy is dangerous, imo.

so my tl;dr for him, ryker, is this: Null, but if he doesn't start doing stuff soon, i'll be scared.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Also, feel like Vinyl is town because he's way too relaxed to be scum right now.
Vynil has been MIA from this thread for a while now. like, coming on 2 full days now. and he's been around, too. he's actively playing mafia in the newbie game, so it's not like he doesnt have time.

i'd say he rollbounced hoping we'd forget about him, or maybe just find someone new to pressure. not relaxed imo

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
you raise an interesting point, but my feeling was that Vinyl had posted too much, and it all felt too... vanilla for there to be scum intent behind it.

I was entertaining the thought that his vote on KevinM could've been a generic scum flail, rather than a chainsaw, but I don't know I think it could just be Vinyl taking the initiative

Riddle

Smash Lord
You need to elaborate on why Vinyl's posts seemed vanilla to you (and what that term means to you) and then also why that points to town motivations rather than scum motivations.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Vanilla; plain, uneventful, nothing special.

As I said already, I felt he was relaxed. I got that impression both from the number of posts he had made, and the tone of those posts.

Example:
Goddamn Kary using the same goddamn playstyle. He's doing more guts and less reasoning.

Going quick on things and being sincerely direct. If I were to make a resemblance on him and Kevin, I could, but I don't think I will.
This to me reads more like Vinyl is chatting about his thought process than trying to suggest I am scum etc. Given there's a not a lot of meat to the post, it's vanilla- there's not a lot to it, and no ulterior motive.

That he doesn't seem to be doing anything scummy, and yet is still doing something, asking questions, making comments, suggests to me he's town.

aaaaand i'm done

Handorin

Smash Hero
@MOD and game:
I really hate to do this, but I think I should replace out. Even with my lurkish like playstyle, it's just too much right now. Work has a busier schedule this week and I have a ton of school work. It probably won't get a ton better after this week. I like to foresee this coming, so I don't join games, but it didn't work out this time. Sorry. =(

Riddle

Smash Lord

As I said already, I felt he was relaxed. I got that impression both from the number of posts he had made, and the tone of those posts.

Example:

This to me reads more like Vinyl is chatting about his thought process than trying to suggest I am scum etc. Given there's a not a lot of meat to the post, it's vanilla- there's not a lot to it, and no ulterior motive.

That he doesn't seem to be doing anything scummy, and yet is still doing something, asking questions, making comments, suggests to me he's town.

aaaaand i'm done
I'm sure you're aware that several people think he's been acting pretty scummy. Do you disagree with the accusations of reluctance to stand out, opportunistic play, etc., or do you just not find them scum-motivated?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744

Example:

aaaaand i'm done
this makes me feel like he's just trying to ramble and put fluff up instead of actually getting stuff done with real... meaty...posts. i like meaty posts.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
c:

there needs to be a smiley for that. we have a :c but no c:??!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@MOD and game:
I really hate to do this, but I think I should replace out. Even with my lurkish like playstyle, it's just too much right now. Work has a busier schedule this week and I have a ton of school work. It probably won't get a ton better after this week. I like to foresee this coming, so I don't join games, but it didn't work out this time. Sorry. =(
Alright dude, I got you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
there needs to be a smiley for the face I keep making

I think it's my 'u srs?' face... hmmm, i'll find something that'll do;

I'm sure you're aware that several people think he's been acting pretty scummy. Do you disagree with the accusations of reluctance to stand out, opportunistic play, etc., or do you just not find them scum-motivated?
:202:

I don't remember those accusations, they didn't stand out to me as I was reading. They're also not what I get from what I read of Vinyl's play. I'm also pretty likely to take what several people say in early game with a pinch of salt, given that I'm actually trying to read people rather than just sheep opinion.

But stop hiding. What's your opinion on Vinyl, and how so is he being opportunistic, etc.?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo

How are you feeling about the Vinyl/BSP situation right now? You think there's scum to be found there? You think there's two of them? If you had to pull the trigger on any player, who would it be?
Vinyl is scummy, his randomarse push onto kevin, deliberate nonposting, and his lack of explanation just doesn't remind me of town vinyl.
idk vynil's play, but yeah. pri scummy imo
he was just scum in u'tricked three, if you want an example of his scumplay

Orboknown

Smash Hero
EBWOP
Orbo

Vinyl is scummy, his randomarse push onto kevin, deliberate nonposting, and his lack of explanation just doesn't remind me of town vinyl. As far as BSP goes, i agree him acting while not under pressure will show him a bit more clearly.
like what ryker has done.Lol'ing at his amazing RPS randomization luck.
like no lynch, specifically zen's post(but also soups)
like kevin, and to a degree bsl(bsl read not as solid due to smaller amount of time in the game)
dislike vinyl, and to a small degree kary. tery needs to post.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Tery won't post.

I'm town so don't prioritize reading me. I don't even play this game.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
lol.
you're not necessarily a priority, but it's still something to do during today.
I'll be on a lot cuz hella lot spare time after class before going home.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I hate that feel. Makes me wish I had a collected edition of all of my comics to throw in my backpack.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Ryker choosing not to answer the HBC Handoscum question since he's replacing out.

Hando slot basically unreadable at this point hopefully his replacement can change that.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Votecount 1.4

Terywj [태리]: Handorin, BSP, Ryker, Kary
Vinyl.: Riddle, BSL, Orboknown
BSP: No Lynch, KevinM
Kary: frozenflame751
KevinM: Vinyl
BadWolf28738
frozenflame751
Ryker
No Lynch (Яagnarock / Ramen King)