• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how was your year?

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Link to original post: [drupal=4905]how was your year?[/drupal]

lol this was the worst and fun year.
i cant wait for 2012
how was your year?

link2702

Smash Champion
worst year of my life.

best year as far as gaming is concerned though.

Browny

Smash Hater
A nice turn around from last year which was probably worst of my life (says a bit more than many here when Im 23 lol :p) to getting the job I wanted for ages and moving out of home, being able to afford to go to genesis 2 and visit Vegas and San Fran, and get my awesome new computer which I put off for ages :p

link2702

Smash Champion
A nice turn around from last year which was probably worst of my life (says a bit more than many here when Im 23 lol :p) to getting the job I wanted for ages and moving out of home, being able to afford to go to genesis 2 and visit Vegas and San Fran, and get my awesome new computer which I put off for ages :p
TBH IDK if that year for you was as bad as this one is for me.

23 right now.

have a wife overseas in another country
this was the year we just about finally were able to get her here, I've been dealing with our government and get all the craploads of paperwork and stuff done for THREE years now.

finally get her interview date and everything set.

American embassy turns our case down and drops it entirely saying we have a "lack of credible" evidence showing that our marriage is not just some fraud to get her here. :glare:

IDK what more they'd want, they won't tell us anything other then that, What want me to film us having sex next time i'm over there and we're sleeping in the same bed? Want me to Get her pregnant or something? cuz those are about the only two things i could thikn of that we haven't given them yet, we've given em waaaaay more then enough "credible" evidence, and yet apparently its not good enough for em.

Welcome to the american immigrations system, people who try do go through it the right way legally get screwed over, people that jump the border every day get in here and you practically can't get rid of em. :glare:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Fastest year ever. To me it feels like it just turned 2011 not too long ago.
It was mostly more of the same though. But things are about to get flipped on their head. 2012 will be a big change for me in a lot of different ways and I don't really have any choice in the matter. lol I'm excited though. New adventures and all that **** ect ect

:phone:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Was pretty uneventful.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
What's up Teran,

Interesting for the most part.

Attending school while not knowing where to live was interesting. I'm gonna have to plead for insanity to get off of Academic Probation, if you know what I mean.

D

Deleted member

Finally got a job, which is great. Also got really involved into the SSB4 community in June.

Not perfect, but it's been better then 2010.

sw96 should post their own story.

My year in review has been good. In previous years I have felt rather unfulfilled about what I had been doing in my life, but this year I have been satisfied with myself.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Didn't get to do alot of things I wanted to do. It sucked.

pickle962

Smash Lord
2011 for me was probably the biggest year of my life so far. I woke up and now see the corruption that plagues this world. I've also gone from a zero with the ladies to a "hero"(more like an Alpha Male) in the last few months. Shoot, my life is so much more fulfilling both socially and romantically.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
The Good: Graduating College, going for my Masters in the field I've been dreaming of since I was a kid.

The bad: My college friends haven't exactly been doing their part to maintain our relationships, and my Wii is having technical issues.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Went by fast, but had ups and downs.
Good: Back in college and going for my degree.
Bad: Lost my job last week due to cuts.
Silver lining to both: Get a real Christmas break, from both work and school.

Always a silver lining.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Eh, this year just sucked. I'm not gonna miss it. I did some good things though, so it wasn't a complete bummer.

Come at me 2012!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Too bad there won't be a 2013 :troll:

It went fast and was stressful, but a great year as far as gaming goes.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Loved it.

There weren't really an massive moments, but just everything seemed better than last year.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
It was alright for me. It was more of a year just getting things done like college. On a scale of ranking out of my 24 years of existance it likely falls in the mid-tier range. The biggest thing I take out of it is realizing the actions I need to take to attempt to maximize my potential for goals and objectives, also known as New Year's resolutions perhaps.

Looking forward to 2012.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Some ups and some down. Parents are getting divorced. Lost my virginity. My older best friend went to college. I did amazing on my SAT ACT. Family is broke. Got a job to make up for it.

Overall I experienced a lot.

Cleod

Smash Cadet
Horrible, worst year of my life except for 2008. Ups and downs didn't exist in my life, downs prevailed over all, my eyes unable to comprehend this year. I was bored as crack, next year though don't forget about the apocalypse, HAPPY 2012

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It was life changing in the fact I came out and all in all things were good.

I plan on getting a second job and saving more money this year. This time next year I should have quite a few grand in my savings hopefully.

:phone:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Good: College continued, regardless of loans and financial stability being low.
Good: Grandparents lending me money for college
Good: I passed all my classes for Fall 2011
Good: Went to Genesis 2.

Bad: Sick so many times this year (cold, flu, hay feaver, allergies, laryngitis/throat infections, ASTHMA, etc)
Bad: May have passed, but got a D in Statistics... Math is destroying me in general at Purdue.
Bad: Dad's fiance has been going through court trials recently that have effected her emotionally/physically/mentally, because it involves custody of her children and her Ex-husband's consistent harassment on these charges. That in turn effects my Dad which effects me :(
Bad: I haven't been able to play Brawl much anymore.

Top Bottom