• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Coastward

Smash Lord
really wish i could go ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

remember to body scrubs and then direct them to the boards LOL

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I'm not registering but the chance of me going is 50/50. i'll be there just to play friendlies and learn as much as possible. Also to party :D

Anyway, if I go and see any of you, I will probably approach you. I know what you all look like lol. I think I'm trash at the Ganon ditto so I'll hopefully learn a lot from that. Also I've never gotten advice in person from a Ganon that was better than me so I'm super stoked to meet top level Ganons. It's been a lonely road maining Ganon. Whenever I ask better players for advice at the end of a set, they usually don't know what to tell me because they're just like "I don't know Ganon at all lol".

Superspright

Smash Lord
Sounds like it's gonna be fun. The tourney is maxed out. I doubt we'll see 1k+ people but still...I can't wait to go through at least half of em.

Coastward

Smash Lord
I'd love to finally come to Canada! I'll add it to my list of places to hit up. Does Ontario have cheap, reliable ways to get to Alberta? Like via bus?
i think a greyhound to alberta is like $80?

dont quote me on that though, but im pretty confident that it isnt THAT expensive.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I'd love to finally come to Canada! I'll add it to my list of places to hit up. Does Ontario have cheap, reliable ways to get to Alberta? Like via bus?
i think a greyhound to alberta is like $80?

dont quote me on that though, but im pretty confident that it isnt THAT expensive.
A quick search on greyhound.ca looking for a ticket from Toronto to Calgary for July 15th (random summer date) showed prices ranging from $123.50 to $231.50 Canadian

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I hope to make a Ganondorf guide much like CunningKitsune's guide for Fox at the end of this year. Or maybe a combo video. Or maybe both. I just want to do something cool for this game :)

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Looks like there's almost no chance of going to Apex for me anymore :(

But I'm going to this Vermont tournament next Sunday that apparently @ Divinokage Divinokage is also attending according to the Facebook event.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have a video of this ledge cancel up b?
Well, stating the obvious here, but rolling means you're too slow, air dodge means too fast / you aren't DI'ing on stage before pressing R / L.

The way I practiced was to go to hyrule temple and grab that one ledge because you don't die if you air dodge off... Makes things a little quicker.

Also, I love this edge cancel up-b thing. I don't think it'll have much value for characters with true spikes, but it could be a total game changer for matchups where your opponent holds the ledge to edge guard you (like falcon).

Yort

Smash Apprentice
I won't be at Apex. I really wish I could make it to paragon and i'm beyond willing to make the spontaneous 6 hour drive but I don't have housing or any prospect of housing. So I won't be at either. I'll just pull a gravy and skip apex to practice all day or something.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Let me know when you go, I've been wanting to go for awhile now.
Word, we can body Canada together. Old apprentice and master team lol

YORT are you already signed up? I would be willing to house you for free.

And yeah WHAT RANCH SAID can we get a roll call or what

Here I'll start the list

Eikelmann -- Florida, USA
Ranch -- Florida, USA
Dragmire Jr -- Norway
Kage -- Québec, Canada

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
Word, we can body Canada together. Old apprentice and master team lol

YORT are you already signed up? I would be willing to house you for free.

And yeah WHAT RANCH SAID can we get a roll call or what

Here I'll start the list

Eikelmann -- Florida, USA
Ranch -- Florida, USA
Dragmire Jr -- Norway
Kage -- Québec, Canada
bizzarro is going, and moy might be there.

Coastward

Smash Lord
ill be there in spirit.

also, kage keep in mind that if you beat bizzarro in your salty suite match, i owe toph $20 sooooooooo...

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
I thought someone would never ask. This is the exact thing that I am trying to implement the MOST into my Ganon play, as I feel it will have drastic improvements in my neutral game, and even punish game.

I believe that SH to perfect waveland is actually a lot more useful than people think it out to be. Ganon's waveland is fast, so you want to use it a lot to move around right? Wavelanding causes 10 frames of lag on the ground, but that's a godsend compared to his regular movement speed. Now, you can't really just SH perfect waveland all over the place, but you CAN use it to really throw off your opponent. For example, in neutral, if you got a read that a Fox player is just gonna dash dance, You can short-hop waveland in and ftilt them to close the distance on them and throw out a hitbox. Of course, you have to do this at the right time, but I believe the reward for doing so is really good.

I see a lot of Ganon's currently double jump in order to get that perfect waveland. Yes, that is easier, but you use your double jump in the process, meaning if you get hit, you are going to be easily edgeguarded without a double jump. It also looks really obvious that you are about to waveland if you double jump in place really fast and go for it. By short-hopping before you waveland, you disguise your intention to perfect waveland right after, and hiding what you're going to do next is huge in this game. You can do a lot of things from a short hop, and most of the time it's going to be an aerial, so if your opponent expects you to come down during a short hop with an aerial and shields, then you can perfect waveland behind them and grab, catching them by surprise.

But wait, there's more. You can use the momentum from the waveland and transfer it into a jump or a moonwalk, and use that momentum to get a really far out bair for a gutsy edgeguard, or to get that last hit in for a punish when your opponent looks too far away. When Ganon is wavelanding, that speed is faster than his running speed by a good margin, and doing it perfectly means you get the maximum speed. So basically, if done completely correctly, you can move in the air as fast as Falcon can, and THAT is a scary Ganondorf.

Even perfect waveland into jab is really fast and can catch your opponent off guard. There's a lot of cool mixups you can do; the possibilities seem endless!

I implore all of you to learn to short-hop perfect waveland more consistently, as I feel like it will be a huge step in a much needed direction for the character.
You can even skip the moonwalk but still get the pivot too for positioning!

So i have been mia for a little bit but ive come back better than before. Im getting very consistent with ganons movements and learning all sets of matchup tips. I cant do any events til after february though. Really want to play you again @ Coastward Coastward . Whats this about bizz being done? Sadface. Kage i have to meet you at some point! I hoe to be on here again more often guys. I now have a secondary falco too , sorry but i find the change fun

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Anyone have a video of this ledge cancel up b?
I don't, sorry. It's quite a bit easier on battlefield, FD, and stadium if you do it reverse. On the others, you just recover early and pull back to edge cancel it. It's pretty tricky and I have yet to use it in an actual match, but the potential is there!

And good **** to Ian!!! Amazing play vs stingers and iori... And putting m2k's marth in its place haha. I'm looking forward most to the runs you and tm have at apex. Make sure you guys get on stream!

Last edited:
Top Bottom