• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I don't have any videos of a Ganon doing it, but this is what it looks like when Falcon does it. It's pretty much the same thing.
Exactly the same thing- on stadium, when you recover in reverse and edge cancel it, 90% of the time, you'll slide off. Gravy double jumped into bair after it and I think that it could be applicable for ganon as well.

iRanch

Smash Cadet
2-0'd everyone in my pool at Paragon except RockCrock and Armada and only top 2 make it out QQ

Plus I like how several people who I beat got to get 4 stocked by Armada on stream, but I nope don't put me on stream.

Last edited:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Just got back from playing in the Top 8 round robin for my local tournament's winter ladder, due to the fact Dart couldn't make it (the other top players include the likes of Kels, Vro, Bieber, Oro?!, ORLY, etc). I only won one game, but I brought it to last stock in some of the sets, which is great for me considering how much better they are than everyone else.

I'll post the videos when they're uploaded. I know I still made a ton of mistakes.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Now Im hating Vwins more because I nearly beat him and then he pulls out 3 death turnips in 4 grab attempts.. **** this game. lol

It's ok tho, Im feeling really confident in my play which means destruction at Apex!!

Last edited:

Yort

Smash Apprentice
Waiting to see Spider Sense on stream but of course they put GIMR vs Plup over that. Really want to see some more Florida Ganondorf action but they refuse to put them on stream, it is getting kind of annoying.

Coastward

Smash Lord
got back from a weekly, got 5th.

coulda gotten 3rd but my edgeguards suck. ill have a link to a vid soon to my matches that were on stream.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Got 17th at Paragon. Why didn't any of you tell me Axe was ridiculous (albeit I was on another planet when I was playing him) Westballz plays completely different from the Falco style I'm used to. I feel like I can beat him once I get accustomed to playing other styles. Other than that I watched Ian molly whoop Flow lol, he put in some serious work.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Got 17th at Paragon. Why didn't any of you tell me Axe was ridiculous (albeit I was on another planet when I was playing him) Westballz plays completely different from the Falco style I'm used to. I feel like I can beat him once I get accustomed to playing other styles. Other than that I watched Ian molly whoop Flow lol, he put in some serious work.
Should've watched my bracket set with him. We were hit for hit. Ranch watched it too.

Oh and I got a single friendly in with Wes after you played him. WC is bad vs Ganondorf and there's no excuse for us losing to them. We're just awful. :<

And thanks for the props. Pretty sure I've been waiting like 5 years for you to give me props for something lol

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Should've watched my bracket set with him. We were hit for hit. Ranch watched it too.

Oh and I got a single friendly in with Wes after you played him. WC is bad vs Ganondorf and there's no excuse for us losing to them. We're just awful. :<

And thanks for the props. Pretty sure I've been waiting like 5 years for you to give me props for something lol
Nah, bro I'm not awful not in the very least. lol I'm godlike if anything, I just got thrown off by random playstyles. At least I know what to expect since this was my very first international tournament. I got Articanus raging after our tournament set, dude kept giving me death stares. LOL

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Nah, bro I'm not awful not in the very least. lol I'm godlike if anything, I just got thrown off by random playstyles. At least I know what to expect since this was my very first international tournament. I got Articanus raging after our tournament set, dude kept giving me death stares. LOL
i know we're not actually awful. remove hand from e-schlong plz. but we do have an absurd amount of work to do. that much you must surely admit.

btw i've gotten the death stare. i'm 6-2 vs him in pm and 2-0 vs him in melee iirc. marth is free.

Renth

Smash Hero
I wish I could stress this:

Spider_Sense beating Harriet the guy with Ganondorf in tournament is a ridiculous feat. Extremely proud of that win

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
So I've been playing tons of NYC locals lately, getting a whole lot better and ****, but I just can't incorporate wavelanding into my game. I know how to do it, and I can do it reasonably consistantly, but I don't know when and why I should be using it. I've tried waveland--> D-Air a few times, and it's worked a bit, but people read it after the first time. When do you guys use it in matches, and why?

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Peach has been giving me a lot of trouble lately, and with the lack of peaches in my area, I feel like I'm really weak in that matchup.

I'm also really trying to find a way where I can play a tournament match and not take it as seriously, as I have noticed for a while now that I get too serious about the game when I'm playing in tournament and my mindset falls apart. I don't really know how to combat this anymore unless I just play completely differently or look at the game completely differently. *sigh* It's a hurdle I really want to get over. I have the most fun when I'm playing friendlies, but why can't I have fun when playing tournament? If I could just figure that part out, then I'd be golden.

n0ne

Smash Ace
So i have a 100$ mm vs gravy. Reppin the dorf for this. What/whens the next big thing after apex in the states?

Also, im putting falcon to the side for a while and going dorf more now

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrNmOg2H5Ck

lmao this is gold.

Peach has been giving me a lot of trouble lately, and with the lack of peaches in my area, I feel like I'm really weak in that matchup.

I'm also really trying to find a way where I can play a tournament match and not take it as seriously, as I have noticed for a while now that I get too serious about the game when I'm playing in tournament and my mindset falls apart. I don't really know how to combat this anymore unless I just play completely differently or look at the game completely differently. *sigh* It's a hurdle I really want to get over. I have the most fun when I'm playing friendlies, but why can't I have fun when playing tournament? If I could just figure that part out, then I'd be golden.
Trying talking with your opponent casually before the set. I find that usually helps alleviates the stress. But I understand where you're coming from. One thing that helped me get over it was that I only started going to tournaments because my friends outside of smash started going so I'm often with my homies and that puts me into a more relaxed mood generally.

So i have a 100$ mm vs gravy. Reppin the dorf for this. What/whens the next big thing after apex in the states?

Also, im putting falcon to the side for a while and going dorf more now
Please get on stream more. Holy **** for the love of everything good get this on video!

Top Bottom