• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yeah I also had the same idea 5 years ago. Practice it and tell me how it works out for ya. Not very easy to implement.

Oh and fyi, the absence of racism only exists when race is irrelevant. It says a lot about the person who leaps to such a conclusion. (I know you're trolling, I'm bust busting balls) lol
Check your phone brah

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm gonna start a Gerudo race war in here
Tbh I'm so sick of everything being about race. Can't even watch TV nowadays without someone pulling the race card. They should talk about the real problem. 93% of all inmates in America are male. You heard it here first, the system is SEXIST.

:denzel:

2 vs tourneys in a row won by Ganondorf.

20GT

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So when I say awhile ago that i'm gonna go for wavelandss to tech chase, you guys tell me there's no way I can do it, but when Locke Robster comes on and says the same thing, you guys are all for it. White America wins again
Who is you guys? I definitely tell players all the time that having good reactions for the tough things is necessary for Ganon like the spacie CG for example.

Waldoring

Smash Cadet
I've been playing around with some boost run shenanigans and I found a couple of things that are pretty good for Ganon that I didn't know about before:

Marth killer from run: https://gfycat.com/CostlyGrimyHorsemouse
Chain moonwalks with a boost run: https://gfycat.com/SickShabbyDorking

The first one works by flicking the stick back to start the run turnaround, then holding full away again and Z. It seems about 10 frames faster than rolling to ledge, but I haven't checked any frame data.

The second one is a normal dj perfect waveland moonwalk into a boost run, then moonwalking immediately after. It's the same **** Syrox does only the timing is a bit different.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
I've been playing around with some boost run shenanigans and I found a couple of things that are pretty good for Ganon that I didn't know about before:

Marth killer from run: https://gfycat.com/CostlyGrimyHorsemouse
Chain moonwalks with a boost run: https://gfycat.com/SickShabbyDorking

The first one works by flicking the stick back to start the run turnaround, then holding full away again and Z. It seems about 10 frames faster than rolling to ledge, but I haven't checked any frame data.

The second one is a normal dj perfect waveland moonwalk into a boost run, then moonwalking immediately after. It's the same **** Syrox does only the timing is a bit different.
the second one is sick. whats the actually input on it and is that a frame perfect vid or was that done by somebody?

Waldoring

Smash Cadet
The video was recorded by me in realtime, I can do it like 50% of the time.

It's kind of hard to explain since there's a lot of inputs, but it's something like this:

DJ -> waveland to the right -> smash left -> half circle down to the right -> wait ~10 frames until dash is about to end -> half circle down to left -> instantly half circle back to right -> wait ~10 frames until run turnaround is about to end -> repeat from smash left

Basically, moonwalk, then trigger a run turnaround while holding the stick in the appropriate direction for max speed, then do another moonwalk as soon as you're actionable. The hard part is starting the second moonwalk at the right time, if you're off by a frame in either direction you just do another run turnaround.

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Well, the runturn takes 20+ frames, and you can initiate roll like 15+ frames earlier than the runturn judging from the gif. Still a bit faster I think than roll. Run -> teeter -> turn -> shield should be lot faster, though you have to manually lightshield if you do that ofc.

DJ -> waveland to the right -> smash left -> half circle down to the right -> wait ~10 frames until dash is about to end -> half circle down to left -> instantly half circle back to right -> wait ~10 frames until run turnaround is about to end -> repeat from smash left
You don't need to half circle the runturn input, it's slightly faster to just go straight back for that. Also you can do straight forward to initiate run too if you hit between frames 16-20 of dash. That way you can get a bit more speed with back and forth dd-like input for the run + runturn. On the other hand, half circling the run input is easier and lets you do it later, so you can cover more distance.

The hard part is starting the second moonwalk at the right time, if you're off by a frame in either direction you just do another run turnaround.
The smash turn to initiate moonwalk from the boost run has 1 frame buffer, so it's not quite frame perfect. It's still very hard though. You can also release control stick right before the end of runturn, so you end up in wait instead of run when the runturn ends. That way you can still moonwalk if you are late on the dash back input. Of course you'll lose acceleration as soon as you release the stick so you lose a little speed if you do that.

Last edited:

VegiLohrd

Smash Apprentice
Shoot, you go to MOAL? I'm gonna start going soon, I play with Tyrone (Borp Jr.) over here at IUP.
yooooo I can't go a whole lot during the school year because I go to school 2 hours north but I'm graduating in the spring and I'll be there most every week. Even MORE ganons would be lit.

Renth

Smash Hero
I just beat a peach Main from North Carolina I think his tag is Waylon, he said he knows black Chris I wanna play him more does anyone know em?

He showed up the extremely rare time I show up

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I just beat a peach Main from North Carolina I think his tag is Waylon, he said he knows black Chris I wanna play him more does anyone know em?

He showed up the extremely rare time I show up
I think you mean Weilin, cause he's a really solid Peach main from NC. He's been kind of on and off in the scene in the last year or so but he's still a freaking beast at Peach. You beat him in tournament? I hope there is footage of that. Good stuff though, Weilin is certainly no slouch.

Renth

Smash Hero
I think you mean Weilin, cause he's a really solid Peach main from NC. He's been kind of on and off in the scene in the last year or so but he's still a freaking beast at Peach. You beat him in tournament? I hope there is footage of that. Good stuff though, Weilin is certainly no slouch.
No recording, I definitely blew his mind haha.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Lol i bet. Probably styled on him like moltov.

GCS came to SFL and beat hungrypigeon pretty recently. Too bad there wasn't more turnout. He has a good dd.
Yeah GCS definitely knows that Peach matchup. He 2-0ed Ilod like a month and a half ago.

Renth

Smash Hero
I'm surprised I got to meet him while he was visiting, I only show up to smash events once every fourIsh months. Hidden boss status is fun

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Got 4th place out of 30 at versus, beating the author and had a close set with wes jr. The best players were at frame perfect tho lol

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Where's the stream!? Wtf, the one time you make top 4 and it's not there!? Yo hmu this weekend bro. I haven't seen you and the misses in awhile. :/
Yeah bro i gave you that phone charger for a reason lmao, we definitely gotta hang. I'm off today too.

CALL ME

Stream is up, it's incorrectly labeled as SF5. Stephen played like **** lol. Maybe I can rematch him sunday. I gotta study my set with wes jr too. Dennis plays that mu well.

Last edited:

clarify

Smash Cadet
Quick question for anyone to answer: do you ever use nair for anything? I practice Falcon and Ganon a lot, and switching back, I see myself using Ganon's nair in close range just to chip away damage. Couldn't it also be used as a mix up between it and fair?

Also, do any of you think learning Falcon helps your Ganon? I know learning Ganon helped me a lot with picking up Falcon (like using bair well), but stuff like the nair thing I previously said seem to pop up in my Ganon now that I'm getting more serious with Falcon as well.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Nair is useful for shield pressure when someone is on a platform, a good bait when auto canceled, good for combos on fastfallers (first hit), good oos sometimes for more damage than uair, and a good punish after dthrow on floaties/after stomp on fastfallers.

clarify

Smash Cadet
Nair is useful for shield pressure when someone is on a platform, a good bait when auto canceled, good for combos on fastfallers (first hit), good oos sometimes for more damage than uair, and a good punish after dthrow on floaties/after stomp on fastfallers.
Thanks for the insight! If the first hit of nair is the only one that's good for comboing fastfallers, I'm assuming then to fast fall before the second hit comes out?

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
yea, you want to be actionable as fast as possible. Though it can be beneficial to ac it instead if you are high up.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Thanks for the insight! If the first hit of nair is the only one that's good for comboing fastfallers, I'm assuming then to fast fall before the second hit comes out?
Yeah, like if you stomp a fastfaller around 35-40 I'd say and they expect a fair, you can use their survival DI to land first hit nair into uair or fair. Bizz and kage land it a good bit.

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
Fair is so slow they can react to it, so the mixup is really between uair or nair at mid %, where uair dont combo but 1st hit nair can. Both nair and uair are unreactable.

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, like if you stomp a fastfaller around 35-40 I'd say and they expect a fair, you can use their survival DI to land first hit nair into uair or fair. Bizz and kage land it a good bit.
You clearly said they expected a fair before the nair, eventhough they dont need to expect it as they can react. If they expect an uair which doesnt lead to any followups regardless of DI they will DI in and nair can combo.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You clearly said they expected a fair before the nair, eventhough they dont need to expect it as they can react. If they expect an uair which doesnt lead to any followups regardless of DI they will DI in and nair can combo.
Are we really arguing over this? My point is when you stomp someone and they pop up, people usually expect a heavy hit and survival DI. I said you can use this survival DI to your advantage by using the first hit of nair INTO uair or fair. By INTO i meant afterwards as a combo.

Yes, they can react, but my advice is solid.

https://youtu.be/2EVF82jbgGU

9:20 zhu certainly didn't react to kage's positioning. Sometimes it's not all about what's technically possible man. But I'll go ahead and say you're right so you'll feel better.

Maybe this is part of the reason the G boards has basically died. People constantly nit-picking over **** that hardly matters just to satisfy their ego.

Last edited:

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
I was referencing the first fair, I wholeheartedly agree with on the benefit of the nair. I only thought it useful to point out the nature of the 50/50, as its good to know for when they will DI in. Armada for example will DI falcon dthrow in at the edge and combo DI for a potential uair combo, and once he sees the knee survival DI. The same can be done vs ganon fair, the mixup lies between uar/nair.
I'm really sorry if I came off as demeaning or anything like that, it really wasnt my intent.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's all good, i just tend not to **** on people's advice if it's slightly imperfect. I'm probably dumb for expecting the same. Sometimes i actually think it's better not to include absolutely everything too, so people will get the basic message better and find out the finer points on their own as they learn to incorporate it. Sometimes if you give every detail, newer players get deterred from trying something.

Top Bottom