• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I practiced it vs Fox but ya from 0 it's impossible to get a regrab. I checked the Magus thing to get the exact % again so I'll definitely master that 20xx Ganon. I feel like it's totally doable with practice. Of course at first it seems humanly impossible to react but after a while it totally is.
Agreed.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
https://youtu.be/eAXWLMUboEA

Ouch, my spacing vs Samus was garbage lmao. He is the only really good Samus in SFL (he beat porkchops last week) and I hadn't played him in about 15 months. Hopefully I'll face him again next time I go to a tourney. Being sober would probably help too, but I was completely worry free lmao.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I have never heard of anyone doing well while playing drunk. Lol.. its not a good drug.
Wasn't that actually. rofl. Not the other thing either. Let's just call it a tylenol lmao.

Sad thing is Emilio was in the same boat and we wrecked ppl in teams lol

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If I drink a lot, I can't even beat mid level players at all. It's awful.. but it feels I move faster. lol

Also with that Jiggs clip I linked before, I'm definitely going to punish air dodges that way vs floaties.. It's broken what you can get out of it. Playing less neutral vs Jiggs = the key to victory in that matchup. Getting knockdowns if possible should be something Ganons look for almost always because Jiggs get up or rolls are terrible.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
If I drink a lot, I can't even beat mid level players at all. It's awful.. but it feels I move faster. lol

Also with that Jiggs clip I linked before, I'm definitely going to punish air dodges that way vs floaties.. It's broken what you can get out of it. Playing less neutral vs Jiggs = the key to victory in that matchup. Getting knockdowns if possible should be something Ganons look for almost always because Jiggs get up or rolls are terrible.
Any time you can play less neutral vs jiggs, you're winning.

In life.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lmao I'm trying, I have to get better at finishing it even though i get lots of dmg. Also I feel like it's easier to react when I immediately throw them rather than doing one pummel. It has a better flow to me and as long as I get it to high % then doing it with pummels or not is irrelevant.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lmao I'm trying, I have to get better at finishing it even though i get lots of dmg. Also I feel like it's easier to react when I immediately throw them rather than doing one pummel. It has a better flow to me and as long as I get it to high % then doing it with pummels or not is irrelevant.
Keep practicing with pummel and you'll love it. Less regrabs ftw. At 65% start backdashing into JC grab for DI behind (70% for fox).

Ftilt at 90-110% to put them offstage. Once they learn to survival DI use dtilt instead into fair, and once they start DI'ing the dtilt away switch back to ftilt for wc DI ko (or throw trap them on a plat). At 135% wizkick DI away and regrab DI behind. At around 140% till like 170% or something, you have to dash grab DI behind instead of JC grab. By 145% you can bair/uair anything.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I played a little bit of netplay and this was the only decent "combo" I was able to get recorded. A lot of other matches didn't get recorded for whatever reason.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
My apologies for the triple post, can't believe the lack of activity. But I had to say this.

ssbmrank is HORSESH*T. ESAM AND ANDROID ABOVE KAGE???? This is officially a joke.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
My apologies for the triple post, can't believe the lack of activity. But I had to say this.

ssbmrank is HORSESH*T. ESAM AND ANDROID ABOVE KAGE???? This is officially a joke.
It makes sense to me, at least from the perspective of MIOM. I don't think Kage has had any substantial wins this year (beating Vwins was sadly not noted) compared to those other two. ESAM beating Westballz and also his performance at Summit made him seem pretty good in the public eye. Android beating Ice is another big one I feel. I just can't recall Kage making any significant upsets at any tournaments. If anything, he has lost to a lot of lower skilled players over the year.

I'm actually a little more upset that Eikelmann isn't on the list because his win over S2J was pretty significant, I feel.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It makes sense to me, at least from the perspective of MIOM. I don't think Kage has had any substantial wins this year (beating Vwins was sadly not noted) compared to those other two. ESAM beating Westballz and also his performance at Summit made him seem pretty good in the public eye. Android beating Ice is another big one I feel. I just can't recall Kage making any significant upsets at any tournaments. If anything, he has lost to a lot of lower skilled players over the year.

I'm actually a little more upset that Eikelmann isn't on the list because his win over S2J was pretty significant, I feel.
He didn't go to any majors, that's all there is to it + I couldn't go prove myself and ****ed around at majors as well which is why I did lose to lower skilled players. My biggest wins this year is Fuzzy, Trif and Android. It's ok though I know exactly what I need to do, bring sexy Kage back. I let myself go way too hard in 2015-2016 even worse than 2014.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
B Bwmat i saw your set with the marth player naztoise. You're auto piloting some. Be safe and utilize your cc and grab opportunities. Dont get anxious and dont forget marth killer. You can beat him EZ.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Woah, senpai noticed me!

Yeah, I wasn't playing too well, though he's gotten better lately, I used to destroy him.

Lately I feel like I don't know what I'm doing whenever I play anyone who I can't just autopilot.

Edit: actually, I just watched it, and I was playing pretty well most of the time... just sds and flubs...

Why didn't I go back to Falcon... I wreck him with Falcon...

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
LOL went to vs last minute like an hour late. Finally sit down to play friendlies and after my second match someone comes up to me and tells me i have a match. I had made no effort to enter the tourney and i was in no shape to play well lmao. I had to check the bracket because I didn't believe the guy, but it turns out somebody added me to losers in place of someone that dropped out. I won 3 sets before getting wobbled by IC's from bad spacing. I was so out of it it took me over a minute to remember the 5 neutral stages rofl. 73 ppl showed up tho, i was impressed.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
LOL went to vs last minute like an hour late. Finally sit down to play friendlies and after my second match someone comes up to me and tells me i have a match. I had made no effort to enter the tourney and i was in no shape to play well lmao. I had to check the bracket because I didn't believe the guy, but it turns out somebody added me to losers in place of someone that dropped out. I won 3 sets before getting wobbled by IC's from bad spacing. I was so out of it it took me over a minute to remember the 5 neutral stages rofl. 73 ppl showed up tho, i was impressed.
Next time, let a brudda know when you're about to bounce. :/

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Next time, let a brudda know when you're about to bounce. :/
My B. Try hitting a brotha up why don't ya tho

I'm actually a little more upset that Eikelmann isn't on the list because his win over S2J was pretty significant, I feel
Not to mention TAI, gg7, and some wins over syrox.

I bet MacD's loss to linguini won't affect his ranking. Locals in socal count (wins anyway) but regionals (even tho CEO is a major) in FL don't. Linguini also has wins on porkchops/blea but those obviously means nothing (half sarcasm).

Abate ranked 40th and blea had better wins lul.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Damn! Missed it. Believe it or not, I have never been subscribed to this thread. I always just checked periodically.

spider_sense spider_sense call me. Probably up till 1 or 2 tonight

Last edited:
Top Bottom