• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
@tm fastfalling actually increases the window of opportunity to input a perfect waveland (I believe 1 frame normally, 2 when fastfalling), but yes, you do have to be quick to move the stick after you fastfall haha.
yeah as i was saying i roll my stick from the downward position 90° to get it off. makes it pretty easy.

Woah. I need to try shield drop into waveland. omg it sounds like a great movement option.
Lol have you been reading my posts here? there's a reason i've been practicing shield drops. i'm starting to do prefect wavelands out of shield drop into jab, ftilt or whatever in matches and it catches people off guard a lot if i space it right

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Lol have you been reading my posts here? there's a reason i've been practicing shield drops. i'm starting to do prefect wavelands out of shield drop into jab, ftilt or whatever in matches and it catches people off guard a lot if i space it right
That **** is hard. How do you manage to waveland after dropping through a platform? I practiced trying to get it to work and making it a perfect waveland just felt like it was impossible.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Roll the control stick upwards as soon as you drop. I could make another video to demonstrate.
I think i would do this without even knowing. While practicing I'm constantly feeling for the right spot that the control stick should be in, so I do kind of move up and down some. I'm going to actually try moving it up next time and see if I can NOT fastfall more consistently (when I don't want to).

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
For the Puff matchup: How important is stage control? I'd like a little bit of explaining why. I'm still having trouble beating my Puff friend cause I'm being too aggressive. What should I focus on?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Does anyone have a setup?
If you're on facebook, add me. I'm Joe Dinwiddie. We have two setups at our hotel room.

So, here's what happened in my pool. I beat crimson blur... 3 stock. Then I played vaccine... He 4 stocked me. Then blur played vaccine... And beat him. I'm literally good at like 2 matchups lol wtf is this ****?

Played jmoan and he sheiked me. If the buster beat him (not sure of the results), I make it out. If not, it might be a tie situation. I'll keep you guys posted!

I 2-0'd everyone everyone else.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you're on facebook, add me. I'm Joe Dinwiddie. We have two setups at our hotel room.

So, here's what happened in my pool. I beat crimson blur... 3 stock. Then I played vaccine... He 4 stocked me. Then blur played vaccine... And beat him. I'm literally good at like 2 matchups lol wtf is this ****?

Played jmoan and he sheiked me. If the buster beat him (not sure of the results), I make it out. If not, it might be a tie situation. I'll keep you guys posted!

I 2-0'd everyone everyone else.
Either you play the matchup way too much and not enough punishing the habits of that particular player while knowing what to do in the matchup? =P

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I punish habits pretty well. Blur would try and cross me up with Nair and then fsmash... Easy pickup, I just bair and he's offstage. Vaccine? I just couldn't get in. As long as I know the matchup, I can punish. If not? I get wrecked.

I think I just need more matchup experience besides ripple's good characters.

Superspright

Smash Lord
For the Puff matchup: How important is stage control? I'd like a little bit of explaining why. I'm still having trouble beating my Puff friend cause I'm being too aggressive. What should I focus on?
Wall her out with uair if you can. You should not be going aggro on a puff. It doesn't really work. Nearly any of your aerials can be crushed with shield->jump OoS->rest. I'd just be more careful. Stage control isn't that important so much for her but it is still for you. Just don't let her push you until you can only choose to go to ledge or run past her. If you can keep yourself out of that situation you can still work something out. She's just really evasive in the air and will punish hard.

Just use uair against her bair wall. It's virtually the only tool that gets around the bair. You have to time it so you're going around the bair and hitting her. It's a little weird but it's the strongest anti-bair he has.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
LOL @ -ACE- -ACE- Yo getting Tommy to come out is near to impossible. I told him we'd scoop him, we just have to let him know way ahead of time. But don't worry, I'll get you two to play soon. Having you meet Synikal for the first time was hilarious. He didn't know how to react; he probably forgot about the whole incident. I wished you guys could have talked more but he's a busy guy.

Shield dropping is so iffy to me, I can do it 90% of the time, but the executing moves besides bairs and uairs is virtually impossible. I'll keep trying and report my findings here lol. One thing that came to me would be to shield drop and right as Ganon jumps, jump back onto the platform and waveland. Haven't tried it, but once I go out to Versus today; I'll try it out and see what happens. I remember Dave did hit me with shield drop uairs. Guy ABSORBS info so well. Sorry, obvious Ace fanboyism. lol

Fighting Puff I feel is all about stage control at very core of the matchup, she doesn't have very good mobility on the ground, so keep her there is probably the best idea, cause you can punish her crouching with dairs and if she ever thinks of jumping oos, jabs and uairs for days.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME PLAYING ON STREAM WAS SO NERVE WRACKING??? Lol oh my god I've never missed so much tech in my life. Pretty sure scar was talking **** too haha. Hope you guys are watching so you can see me screw up.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME PLAYING ON STREAM WAS SO NERVE WRACKING??? Lol oh my god I've never missed so much tech in my life. Pretty sure scar was talking **** too haha. Hope you guys are watching so you can see me screw up.
I saw alright.. =/ I didnt understand what you were going for most of the time..

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Haha yea man. To be honest I actually really enjoyed it. The nerves are just something I have to get used to. I lost to smiles after that (another norcal fox). 1 stock each time, but he got the best of me and I'm out. Time to get drunk and play friendlies ;)

Not sure yet how tm did, but that dude is looking mad fresh. Did very well against zanguzen and it got recorded.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I played at a random local today and almost beat a pretty good Fox, and then I beat a pretty decent Falco/Falcon.

Then I lost to my Falco friend that I play all the time lmaooo (Alex, not Keith. I have a lot of Falco friends I play all the time. **** that character.)

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I had 6 spacie players in my pool, Abate and some pikachu player. 5 falcos in a row. at least I went even.

Missed so many ledgedashes from the right ledge and tournament winnered instead.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I think i would do this without even knowing. While practicing I'm constantly feeling for the right spot that the control stick should be in, so I do kind of move up and down some. I'm going to actually try moving it up next time and see if I can NOT fastfall more consistently (when I don't want to).
The fastfall seems to happen almost every time for me too. If I could avoid it all the aerials become an option, as well as other tricks. I mainly use shield-drop uair against pressure on platforms, but his idea is very good too. I've experimented with wavelanding into stuff as well.

Coastward

Smash Lord
man im so happy with how i did in my pools

i didnt make it out but i played so well, so close to taking games off of rula and he ended up getting 1st seed. my pool was just hard as ****.

sung has such a weird playstyle, it got to my head and i started overanalyzing. very close game 1 though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Gabe is good (rula). I've yet to take a tournament set off him although I make it close (we've played twice). He's got that spidey practice.

Coastward

Smash Lord
playing some friendlies and money matches

took games off of kjh and mundungu had some close games with sung, hugs and hmw.

i need to practice teching shines -.-

Renth

Smash Hero
teching shines? Ganondorf just slides, even if hit into a stage you don't get a tech opportunity.. what do you mean eactly

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea, I'm confused too. Also shout outs to all the ganons. I had a blast playing/meeting you all.

And congrats to kels for taking 7th over axe! Midwest actually went in pretty hard this tournament. That's the **** we need more of lol.

Unrelated, but yo **** needlessly technical foxes. I'm gonna train with kels until I can **** on fox's dumb ****in face. I'm so sick of getting even close to losing in friendlies by these dumb but technical foxes who didn't even make it out of pools.

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
made like $100 in money matches, beating some pretty good players on the way. about 25% of this profit was from teams money matches with bizz. got my name out there big time thanks to these earnings.

as for tournament, bizz and i got 5th in our pool for doubles and didn't make it out. we both got first seed in our first round melee pools, but drowned in the second round. this tournament was pretty rough. :bee:

had lots of fun meeting all of the new ganondorf guys that weren't aware of our little community here. if you're reading this and you remember me telling you to post here, please introduce yourself!

Last edited:
Top Bottom