• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Okay, you get rested.

What move is the best to punish with:

low/mid%?

high%?

EDIT: Should I ever even try for a grab against a Jiggs in general unless its on a rest into a fair/bair
At 0%, I'd go for a double dair if the DI is favorable into a techchase. Preferably try to make them land on a platform. If not then Dair into another aerial if they DI.

From I guess 20-25+ just Utilt KO, sometimes there's enough time to do it. If not, downthrow into usmash at 50% is instant kill with no DI on the throw.. with DI just Fair or Bair and continue to control the center.. do not chase Puff around the ledges. lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
He's known for his Dair combos on unranked players, it's ok.. lol. But it looks like all of you still need to do a lot more to be considered super good.
WTF? You're known for coming on the ganon boards saying ganon vs sheik was 50/50, saying ganon is a marth counter, giving Mr Miagi speeches on "warrior spirit" and saying wavedashing wasn't even close to necessary to being successful with ganon. You don't know **** about jason's ganon lmao.

Wink... above 25% always utlilt. at 0-5%, stomp into another stomp and try to techchase. if they hold down on the first stomp (they stay grounded) you can still follow up.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
He's known for his Dair combos on unranked players, it's ok.. lol. But it looks like all of you still need to do a lot more to be considered super good.
when i said jason, i meant spidersense. too many niggas are named jason lol

@ -ACE- -ACE- , bizzarro flame's name is jason, and so that's who he thought i was talking about. everyone is confused now.

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
i notice bizzaro and other ganons double jump a lot before wavelanding in for an ftilt. i tried it and found i could perfect waveland in much more consistently. but if i could do that from a short hop, would there be any reason to dj for that approach?

did you test this with ganon or falcon? because i saw him do it fully invincible like once with falcon and he kept telling me i couldn't do it with ganon. but idk
The dj before the waveland just makes it easier (also easier for them to see it coming). Not actually superior in any way afaik.

The RLD can be fully invincible but you have to be almost frame perfect and also fastfall it iirc

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Nice Ian, I'll watch these later. I'm getting wasted with lozr in rocky mount NC. His fox is 2good. I win 1/5 and I'm proud lmao

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
Ian "Eikelmann" mooney

You have far surpassed what many have thought you were ever capable of. You have been at the bottom of the community in many ways and many people never thought you'd amount to anything.

It is awe-striking how far you have come and your current level of play is higher than mine has ever been. I am beyond impressed by your growth, skill and ability to not give a damn what other people thought about you.

Keep doing what you are doing and in time you will be formally referred to as one of the ganon gods.

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Ian "Eikelmann" mooney

You have far surpassed what many have thought you were ever capable of. You have been at the bottom of the community in many ways and many people never thought you'd amount to anything.

It is awe-striking how far you have come and your current level of play is higher than mine has ever been. I am beyond impressed by your growth, skill and ability to not give a damn what other people thought about you.

Keep doing what you are doing and in time you were be formally referred to as one of the ganon gods.
i love you man, in every sense of the word lol

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Kage still creates soo much hype though! I honestly think bizzaro flame is too flaashy and he gets punished for it, though it can be useful. IF he aint stylin he aint playin though :p I want to see tipman back in action though. I feel he would be amazing

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
i'm considering picking up yoshi as my other ace character. I can already double jump cancel and egg stall on ledge with him. I have to get his powershielding and egg turnaround ledge grab down plus get better at the parries. those are freaking hard

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Tipman is on a long hiatus from this game. I was trying to get him to come down when Dave was in town, but no go. He's extremely hard to get into contact with. He taught me a lot of ****. I really need to get my cube back and practice my tech skill so I can stay on point. My first priority is finding stable work so I can travel a lot more.
My ultimate goal is too be a hybrid Ganon. A solid mixture of fundamentals of Linguini with the creativity of Tipman. I think I'm getting there.

Yeah Kage is definitely the manliest Ganon, I really feel like he should invest more time into being a slightly more technical. I feel like the more tools you have with a said character the easier it is to find proper openings and capitalization and of course being able to adapt on the fly is a must. That's something I feel like I lack as a player, that along and I can't cover options and tech chase for ****.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I remember seeing Tipman at the MLG Qualifier in Florida earlier this year infact. The one where the top 3 got a free pass to MLG. I don't know if there are vids of it up, but he definitely did play really recently. I remember him playing against UUAA and beating him.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
LOL I think the gentleman clause was in effect for that one. Smilez has always been a gentleman, so it's not uncommon. That stage is too OP for Ganon.

@ RedmanSSBM RedmanSSBM Yeah he put in serious work beating two of our PR's. He doesn't play at all then beats Uuaa and Harriet the guy. lol ****ing Tipman

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Ganon's all about being weird/unorthodox. Not many players can get away with direct approaches as Ganon, you'll just get intercepted and ****ed up by faster characters/characters with higher priority. Not to say that you should run around utilting people, but I feel like a big part of what makes the good Ganon players good is an ability to change up tactics a lot, on the fly.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Ian, you're getting so ****ing good. You're a different ganon than the one I played at FC. Or EVO 2013 for that matter. Keep up the good work.

Wish the same can be said for me. I feel like I'm getting worse at this game... maybe it's short break time. Or maybe I should just stop going to tournaments hungover.

Jason (G.), I really want to play you, you make bizzaroflame look slow. **** I want to play all the Florida bosses.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You know I am going to BH 4, it's time for the return of the warrior!

Speaking of being manly.. I question why my style is that way to begin with? Is it because of who I am or because I changed the perception of many people of who I am along the way? Like what's the difference between me and another Ganon? What gives off that lasting impression? I dont really understand it myself. lol.. such is life.

Edit: Also for Ian, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtoVQibF55I lol. ;)

Also, I promise I'm practicing everything I could. It's tough.. lol. I returned my mindset into one of learning so if I do make a mistake or if i missed an opportunity, I try to correct it for next time. Those missed opportunities can also very well be things i don't do normally which I hope i can put into my game when the time comes for tournament.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Kage, I think you try to portray yourself as a warrior of sorts, and you definitely have the figure to do so. You differentiate from other Ganons because you've been around for so long. You're like the Ken of Ganondorf. You also beat Mango back at RoM 2, so that made you pretty well known.

Idk man. Why worry about that stuff? Just keep going to tournaments and punch faces! =D

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
Kage, my brother is a massive fan of yours, and when I asked him why, he said that it's because you always get right up in their face, and it somehow always works out. That's why you're the manliest Ganon.

Coastward

Smash Lord

Эикельманн [РУС]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIKt-ztjLEo vs Falco/Marth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZkocjTSuE vs Samus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzzfbnfuZrU vs Falco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wslWUkjmaA vs Falco

played a lot of falco recently, struggled a lot vs him too. barely jabbed approaches and i was always trying to shield grab punish. got a lot to work on, even my movement was lacking too.
i'm not gonna do a play by play critique or anything, but vs falco you really need to get a lot off of your grabs and that never really happened vs either of those falcos. you shouldn't be trying to dthrow cg at 0 imo unless you're 100% proficient at it, which no ganondorf is. go for the dthrow jab pseudo-cg even if you're trying to get your cg fix lol

you need to focus on spacing more. if you fair falco you should NEVER be getting shield grabbed. that move goes so far out and you gotta take advantage of that. every fair i saw you do vs cyan was like inside the dude's shield, don't do that

your shield grabs on these falcos were way too telegraphed, and every time you did one, it either got you killed or you ended up taking a bunch of damage for it. no good. mix up the stuff you're doing out of shield. also learn to di away in shield when you're going for shield grabs. it's essential imo.

walling out falco is extremely important because once you let them get out of the corner, that gives them a chance to get back on their feet and control the stage again. you need to make sure that when you've got them in the corner that they either don't get out, or that when they do get out, they're put into a bad position (ie, making them go to the platform).

Top Bottom