• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Skytch, how come other players can't reply on your stream, are you using another streaming site or something?

@ -ACE- -ACE- Yeah, I'm glad you took the time to evaluate the videos, I could really use help on edge guarding him. I'll make sure to beat Blea since he thinks no one can topple him with Ganon.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Edge guarding luigi isn't too difficult. I know linguini found a mad lame way of doing so lol. For me, I just stick with ledge invincibility and drop uair when he does down-b. And otherwise just uair him (rather than bair for reasons ACE said)

Coastward

Smash Lord
so about what renth and eikelmann were talking about during locke's stream

instead of doing marth killer, would RLD uair work as well? or does my invincibility not last long enough for that to work?

Linguini

Smash Master
Jason you're close to being able to beat him but you're committing too hard sometimes. Luigi is like a worse jiggs...gay as hell. When he jabs you cc and even if you're facing away you can grab him. get up attack to jab is always fun too when edgeguarding

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
so about what renth and eikelmann were talking about during locke's stream

instead of doing marth killer, would RLD uair work as well? or does my invincibility not last long enough for that to work?
nah it doesn't last long enough. i tested a bunch of rld stuff with gravy in debug mode and his "haxdash" doesn't even have full invincibility.

man if i had a coach/guide like linguini i'd be so ****in good. dude spoke to me for 3 seconds and i took a game off of blea and made him sweat pretty hard game three at one of the SFL tournaments i went to a while back. jason is spoiled like maddddddd

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I have a hard time gauging his second jump after his side b recovery. It always seems he saves it for jukes and his dair flat out beats anything I can do.
It's definitely tough. I have the same problem with him sometimes. No luigi is trickier than Blea like that and no luigi even comes close to having blea's experience vs Ganon. I was constantly working on ways to bait his second jump, anything to make him commit to something early about 1/4 of the time I do this I get nailed in the face by a misfire LOL). I maybe profited half the time, whereas he was killing me 90% of the time I went offstage. I got lucky whenever he'd down-B stall, that's free as ****. and when i could condition him not to up-B early i could stomp and reverse uair it easier.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
A different mindset/style of ganondorf.

You'd be surprised how some minor tweaking can win you match ups you aren't/ganondorf isn't "good" at.
I shall look inti this. I still find falcon hard to deal with and falco combos me hard but i am not afraid of him. I figured a backup in case i get completely shut down, but i would much rather just play ganon

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
Try to change styles mid match, it'll force your opponent to adapt to your changes and if they can't figure out your offensive/defensive changes then you are winning the mental game.

Superspright

Smash Lord
It's very hard to change your pacing/timing/options at will. I've been trying to work on that forever, and I still got big ass holes.The best players seem to be able to do it much easier. Mango is especially known for punctuated bursts.

Superspright

Smash Lord
It's like you have to read what lines they might go down based on how they dash dance, or if they are retreating/approaching, or their spacing on aerials and shines. Some people have only one approach, and others have quite a few.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
A different mindset/style of ganondorf.

You'd be surprised how some minor tweaking can win you match ups you aren't/ganondorf isn't "good" at.
Oh my god dude. It was working last night. My buddy mains falcon and he was like whatever I was doing he could not get grabs in on me. I was using waveland tilts, l cancel jab/tilt after , and just moving differently. Wow, thanks for that , it was really neat to realize things you can do to maximize my game. Sometimes I even use the up b since if you do it facing away from an opponent it auto turns you around and it has decent range

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Got 5th at a local and I almost did a 4-stock comeback against of the better Sheiks in the state. I hope to have the video up here at some point, but I'll be away on Vacation for a week starting tomorrow and won't be back till the 27th. I might be able to check up on the forum during the trip, but I'm not counting on it too much.

Coastward

Smash Lord
went to a melee/pm tourney yesterday

got 7th in melee and 5th in pm, definitely coulda done better in melee but i did a lot of stupit ****.

im probably gonna have a lot of footage as well, most of it might be samus tho.

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
I ended up not being able to make it to that tourney I was planning on going to from my previous post...... and i'm in the middle of nowhere currently with no one to play. Closest decent smash player = 3 hours away.

Coastward

Smash Lord
went to a pm monthly

got 3rd with my close buddy, making the biggest upset our region has scene since the great depression of 1912.

overall though, i think i need to stop playing pm. its ruining my pacing and overall judgement. its just not a good tool to use as practice for melee.

on the other hand, i actually made money back to back at two different tourneys. im a god.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
went to a pm monthly

got 3rd with my close buddy, making the biggest upset our region has scene since the great depression of 1912.

overall though, i think i need to stop playing pm. its ruining my pacing and overall judgement. its just not a good tool to use as practice for melee.

on the other hand, i actually made money back to back at two different tourneys. im a god.
What time did you guys finish? I heard it was running super late.

Coastward

Smash Lord
they didnt seem pissed, they probably made like 700 bucks that night lmao. they was a little debacle about the stream because of the channel it was being streamed on but they seemed fine with it.

also, i'll bop that falco with my hands tied behind my back while wearing a blindfold.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
It aint that easy bro. He almost beat sauce before. At least the best falco from st catharines. He may or may not come

Top Bottom