• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

ChemX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mychemmeghan
I browse this thread and I don't even play this character.
Also I did dabble in him the other day when I played with some friends... it was interesting.

Last edited:

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Where in ohio? There's a respectable scene in NEOH, and some guys in the Cbus area, as well as here in NWOH.

Big House is my favorite tournament series. Anyone considering going should definitely commit.
I'm in NEOH, but i'm almost never at Smash tourneys or events, etc. usually cause of work :/ I think it'd be pretty cool to pick brains of some good Ganons. Gonna feel dumb, but Big House?

Duel

Smash Apprentice
I will be attending Big House 4, look forward to meeting some other Ganon mains there.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
My attendance of Big House 4 depends on school and if I have the money for it. I'll also be going to Tipped Off 10, Mid-state Massacre 4, and The Fall Classic which are all in September and I might be burned out/have little money left.

I'm hoping money won't be an issue, as I really liked going to BH3 last year, but I'm not 100% certain that I am going just yet. I need to see how the fall semester starts and then I can maybe reach a conclusion. I might even sign up early for BH4 just in case so that I don't spend so much for registration, but also if it doesn't work out that I could still get a refund in time.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
im a solid 99% confirmed for big house.

i wanna meet as many of you guys and this'll be second OoS tourney since 2012. i wanna put my skills to the test.

maybe jiggles and raynex will come along so the toronto ganondorfs can make an appearance.
yeah dude I am ****ing going to melee night in Canada. it is on the sunday correct?

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
How do you guys utilize platforms? I'm really poopy at properly using platforms and I want to know how you guys use your movement to navigate platforms and attack from them. I'm really linear with stages with platforms and I don't take advantage of platforms enough.

Coastward

Smash Lord
How do you guys utilize platforms? I'm really poopy at properly using platforms and I want to know how you guys use your movement to navigate platforms and attack from them. I'm really linear with stages with platforms and I don't take advantage of platforms enough.
it depends on the situation.

if someones recovering, i just use the platform to my advantage to manipulate recovery so that it can be easily read. just standing there can sometimes be intimidating to others.

i usually waveland off of them with fairs/bairs, but to be honest i dont take advantage of the platforms too much.

also, REGISTERED FOR BIG HOUSE 4!

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Maybe in the fall i can come to the states and meet you ganons. -Ace-
thanks for that post answering my question, it is much appreciated!

Renth

Smash Hero
Whens big house 4? If it's soon it'll be too early for me to take advantage of my sponsor, I'm also moving tomorrow so I need to make sure everything is good with that and I need to know everything a month in advance to call off work.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Big House 4 is at October 4-5. Man I've been away from the game for months and I have yet to see a potential successor.. cmon take out those top 100 players! ;)

Renth

Smash Hero
Big House 4 is at October 4-5. Man I've been away from the game for months and I have yet to see a potential successor.. cmon take out those top 100 players! ;)
I've been working a lot of hours and the locals here barely play, it's not before when shiz and uber ice would come over all the time. Eikelmann is getting there and now that I can access to travel I'll be putting time to smash.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I use platforms to gain space. You're never really safe on a platform against any opponent. I also use platforms when I know my opponent will try to cross over on me and I can't fade back fast enough to cover them. Platforms are in most cases the fastest way to get to the other side of the map. So I use them for speed to catch up to an edge-guard. I sometimes use platforms so I can turn around just before the edge so I can change my aerials and momentum. They are generally just good for spacing and chasing. Do not use them as a 'mix-up' or as an approach because it's generally predictable. If your opponent hasn't played a good Ganondorf before then feel free to abuse it. If they have then make sure to jump to the platform once in a while and just waveland in place. Opponents will get conditioned to your movement and you're going to need baits. You don't want to give your opponent a 50/50 shot at hitting you because you committed to a laggy ass waveland and typically Ganondorfs waveland OFF of platforms.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/b/548275396

04:15:25 - Spider_Sense vs Blea Gelo (Luigi). Around 4:17:40 you could have just stayed on the ledge, knowing he wasn't high enough to be able to make it over a ledgehop uair (or RLD dj uair). Luigi is so floaty that reverse uair is the only thing that usually kills offstage. Bair'ing him can even be bad if it doesn't kill, if he DI's it well he'll be at a much better position returning to the stage (and much harder to edgeguard) than he was originally. If you can't ledgehop uair him or RLD dj uair him, you can invincible ledgehop on stage, and immediately pivot low ftilt if necessary (if he's about to up-B and your uair just missed). One thing I forgot to tell you about when I was dair'ing blea was, I had already hit him out of some early up-B's with low ftilt. So I was getting dair's from him recovering from low (basically a sweetspot). I've also caught him with a few ledgedrop uairs, but holy **** is it bad when you miss haha. I think you just need to play blea more (me as well).

05:00:05 Spider_Sense vs VS|Pork Chops (falco)

I was at this tourney, lost to the same jiggs i lost to last time. I went marth second game and just fair'd him and won lol. one of these days.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
On the link I posted? Yeah haha. Random people are all over the mic, I could probably commentate if I wanted to. These tournies run until like 5am too so it's just a mess.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Bizz, vs. sheik:

Instead of edge guarding with a ledge hop bair, try ledge get up and then grab > bair. This covers the option to bair if she lands on stage and edge hog if she goes for the edge.

You may be able to just bair too (rather than grab > bair), but I'm not sure on the timing.

This works especially well over 100% because you have more time on the ledge.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
^^ Good sheik edgeguarding advice. Everything depends on how sheik exactly uses her up-B because it's the first few frames where you can be hit by the up-B that mean everything... you must avoid those frames and still be able to grab or hit her.

Top Bottom