• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Renth

Smash Hero
@ PunkAaron PunkAaron

So I met you at the tournament, I talked to you right before i went to go eat. I said when I get back from eating I'll happily show you anything you'd like to know with Ganondorf... Then I proceeded to not see you a SINGLE TIME since I got back (20 some minutes later)

Renth

Smash Hero
Also,

Eikelmann and I, our Ganon Ditto set in losers.

He destroyed me game 1, I destroyed him game 2, he bodied me game 3.

- Ganondorf Dittos are stupid.

Renth

Smash Hero
Every time I feel like I've broken through to a higher plane of ssbm, I get humbled by how good everyone else is at this game. I know I have the knowledge, the ability and the mental endurance to do great things in tournament. Sadly, I haven't broken through that ceiling yet.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Chadddddddddddd

a D is added for every stomp

Renth: yeah I know what you mean. My main problem is just being consistent. I am currently trying to remedy this by not practicing.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
to elaborate a little.

I am a player who generally trusts his instincts. I let my hands do most of the thinking from muscle memory from past experiences, I was complimented on my reaction time a few times at the tournament, was told that someone was only half as fast as me and I was very appreciative of the compliments. I am trying to figure out how to incorporate my mass-game knowledge into my matches but a lot of my melee "career" has been fueled by my reactions and instincts.

Does someone here do the exact opposite and put a lot of thoughts into their actions? If so I'd like to hear about how they analyze matches while playing them so I can get a more understanding view point.

PunkAaron

Smash Cadet
NNID
PunkAaron
@ PunkAaron PunkAaron

So I met you at the tournament, I talked to you right before i went to go eat. I said when I get back from eating I'll happily show you anything you'd like to know with Ganondorf... Then I proceeded to not see you a SINGLE TIME since I got back (20 some minutes later)
Sorry about that bro! I was there til around 9. Played a lot of Captain Falcon after I lost in pools.

Superspright

Smash Lord
If you're letting muscle memory do all the work for you then people will begin to pick up on your knee-jerk habits (we all have them because of our twitch reflex). It's best to be like water when you play. The more convoluted your style gets the more effective it is. I personally don't think much either, but I attempt to never do the same thing twice, and I save a lot of stuff for particular situations. I'm just hyper-focused on my opponent. I often forget what I am doing.

Last edited:

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
Lol, I know I'm getting trolled, but..

I'm the dude that got you banned by reporting your stupid posts(like above) to mods. Hi.

I've met and played a lot of the guys around here. I play ganon, you play forums.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord

I'm the dude that got you banned by reporting your stupid posts(like above) to mods. Hi.

I've met and played a lot of the guys around here. I play ganon, you play forums.
I'm sure you think that. You got me muted for a week. A ban is a little more like being unable to access it. You're not very smart either. I don't need to meet some of the worst melee players in the world. I also never heard of you. You have about 50 posts. I'm sure you've played lots of people.

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
so a couple of things

1. @ MosthatedinNC MosthatedinNC if your buddy is the guy that mains jiggs, he has no room to talk as puff is a considerably more annoying character lol

2. there's nothing funny about lamb of god. they're an awesome band that fit into chad's combo video pretty perfectly. that video to this day is probably my favourite ganondorf combo video.

3. i miss chad's ganondorf. ):

4. @ Coastward Coastward i didn't, but i can get some matches recorded with him before he heads home, maybe. he's really bad against ganondorf ):

oh and 5. welcome back, @ S Superspright !

Last edited:

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
I'm sure you think that. You got me muted for a week. A ban is a little more like being unable to access it. You're not very smart either. I don't need to meet some of the worst melee players in the world. I also never heard of you. You have about 50 posts. I'm sure you've played lots of people.
Someone's mad

@ Ian he mains sheik. Suddenly he's like, you know who I'm glad isn't coming to this tourney?: IAN MOONEY, that guys bowser is the most annoying thing I've ever experienced. I was cracking up

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Someone's mad

@ Ian he mains sheik. Suddenly he's like, you know who I'm glad isn't coming to this tourney?: IAN MOONEY, that guys bowser is the most annoying thing I've ever experienced. I was cracking up
I bet you'd be happy if it made me mad, but unfortunately for you all I did was do other things because I have a life.

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
It'd make me about as happy as 4 stocking you 10x in a row.

Tell me about your life, it sounds very interesting.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
That's a boring and vague question. Be more specific. You'll never 4-stock me unless I was drunk and half-asleep.

Last edited:

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
I'd still 4 stock you if I was drunk and half-asleep. Run along superscrub.

And btw, I meant that as in, 4 stocking you nor getting you mad makes me happy. No one gives a **** if I beat "superspright"

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
Can we keep the ganondorf forums general conversation be about improving with our character, teaching each other, critiquing sets and stop the pointless hate banter.

It's cancerous and it really hurts what we try to do when we try to take our character anywhere.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Warning Received
I'd still 4 stock you if I was drunk and half-asleep. Run along superscrub.

And btw, I meant that as in, 4 stocking you nor getting you mad makes me happy. No one gives a **** if I beat "superspright"
Yeah, and I could kill you with my bare hands. What is your point? You're just a ****-talker. I couldn't care less.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I've had enough of this. **** talk is fine for rivalries and whatnot but this is getting out of hand. The purpose of this thread is to help people improve their ganon. Let's keep it that way.

Renth

Smash Hero
I've had enough of this. **** talk is fine for rivalries and whatnot but this is getting out of hand. The purpose of this thread is to help people improve their ganon. Let's keep it that way.
Thank you

whoa, really? i made a SHEIK mad about my bowser? that's even better :cool:
Things that do not begin to make sense to me... include ^

Last edited by a moderator:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
@ L Linguini where are you located exactly? I hope you're near Orlando or the CEO venue or something. It'd be amazing if you could house me and my carpool for CEO. Even if that's not possible, I'd love to get some in-person ganon tips from you. I'm still pretty excited for CEO.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
If I can't make mlg I'm Def going to ceo. Probably go anyway.

Also, many lols, lulz, and laughs were had at "I can kill you with my bare hands" lmfao

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you definitely can NOT kill Dorsey with your bare hands. Lmao.

He's also pretty good at smash. I swear to god if I don't get out to NC to chill with you guys this summer, I'm gonna be an angry pseudoturtle.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
Warning Received
That's quite a limb you're going out on. I've seen all of the Ganondorf players. Only Kage is big, and he's a fluff ball. He has very little tone to him. None of the melee players really do, and primarily I was ****-talking. At Zenith aside from one other guy I was certainly the biggest one there not including tall doofuses. There's no way to know if I could kill him with my bare hands, and there's no way to know he could 4-stock me relentlessly unless we make the attempt. So I was just proving how ******** it sounds.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
How did Super-Cancer get unbanned?

RIP Ganondorf Forums. Was nice while it lasted. Threatening to kill people is cool.

If you aren't going to talk about the game or ganondorf can you do us all a huge favor and go away?

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord

I helped too. *takes bow

Anyway, what do you guys think is a better edgeguard against fire fox/falcos? Reverse uair, ftilt, or bair? I've been doing ftilt to cover in front of me/low and then I'll uair real quick if they go high. I feel like this isn't that great though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom