• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Superspright

Smash Lord
Did the fair off stage a few times yesterday, felt really good and works like a charm. plus edgeguarding with reverse upair is too good as well.
Glad to hear it. Run off fair is one of the hardest things to react to, and it stuffs tons. The tipman is the underrated edge-guard IMO. It's better to be consistent with your tipman than go for dairs, and fairs, and whatnot. Ganondorf is weird.

Last edited:

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
because of mark (renth) being pgh. he introduced me to them at apex 2013.

and then i **** on him with my zelda in casuals for a bit and he silently raged in his seat for an hour.
UM no dude LOL. I pretty sure I played your bowser like in 3 friendlies and that was it. You have to be thinking of someone else.

NAME SEARCHIN LIKE ITS THE 90S AGAIN. YOULL REGRET SPELLING MY NAME RIGHT.

Also while im here TM is a god.

Renth

Smash Hero
Next time I'm in town we got some training to do. I also need to have a sit down with Mr. TM

- I'm feeling that itch Carroll next big PA event I'll be there. (assuming it's a good, reasonable time and If I can afford it at that time lol.) Pittsburgh events are the only events I care to travel for. Pit got my heart.

tm

Smash Ace
UM no dude LOL. I pretty sure I played your bowser like in 3 friendlies and that was it. You have to be thinking of someone else.

NAME SEARCHIN LIKE ITS THE 90S AGAIN. YOULL REGRET SPELLING MY NAME RIGHT.

LMAO carroll.

You know, if you lose to someone, you'll either hype them up or it was a fluke...

In this case, it can be both ;)

Renth

Smash Hero
LMAO carroll.

You know, if you lose to someone, you'll either hype them up or it was a fluke...

In this case, it can be both ;)
TM. $5 MM next time we're both at a PA event together, if you win. I'll give you my smashboards signature that i've used since 06.

(custom made by a friend)

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
Ganon on Ice wasn't even that crazy to me. If I had enough time to record I could do a few things that definitely wasn't on there, and he made some mistakes in the video.

Renth

Smash Hero
ganondorf tech skill vids need to 1up each other. like if it ain't gonna be better than ganon on ice then don't bother imo. you gotta innovate.
Agreed.

though to be fair, ganondorf tech skill videos need to not exist past ganon on ice. There isn't much ganondorf can do that isn't already in that video, I mean I can show off a few things but... It wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Combo videos > tech videos

that video is also 3 years old.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Ganon on Ice wasn't even that crazy to me. If I had enough time to record I could do a few things that definitely wasn't on there, and he made some mistakes in the video.
yeah when i first watched it i thought it was crazy hard to do half that **** but i can do just about everything in that video and i'm not even that good. still a good tech video considering it's ganon and i like how it's put together. so props to bizarroflame

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
the one tech i'm really struggling with right now is the ledgehop waveland. i got everything else down. it's just that one ****ing maneuver, which happens to be super helpful for ganon. any advice on the timing anyone? i was able to do it a few times last week, but i can't do it at all anymore.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
the one tech i'm really struggling with right now is the ledgehop waveland. i got everything else down. it's just that one ****ing maneuver, which happens to be super helpful for ganon. any advice on the timing anyone? i was able to do it a few times last week, but i can't do it at all anymore.
That shouldn't be too hard. Ledge-dashes are relatively easy, you just gotta not do them too fast.

Try this: Ledge-hop onto the stage and try to see right when you start standing up. Note that. Now try to ledge-hop again, but hit L or R (whichever you prefer) like 1-2 frames before that standing animation. If you did it right, you should slide across. It takes some practice, but it's a really helpful technique in certain situations.

Renth

Smash Hero
mark, we need to get both of us, spider sense, and bizz into a room with a capture card for 5 hours. gonna blow the world away with tech skill.

and magus for coaching lmao
I met magus a long time ago, he taught me enough.

That video would be illegal to upload. roflmao Come to my house Ian

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
That shouldn't be too hard. Ledge-dashes are relatively easy, you just gotta not do them too fast.

Try this: Ledge-hop onto the stage and try to see right when you start standing up. Note that. Now try to ledge-hop again, but hit L or R (whichever you prefer) like 1-2 frames before that standing animation. If you did it right, you should slide across. It takes some practice, but it's a really helpful technique in certain situations.
Hey thanks a lot. Using your advice, I got it down in one practice session. I am now versed in all tech ganon can do. Idk why, but this was harder to learn then moon walk

Superspright

Smash Lord
No one is fully versed in all the Ganon tech. I haven't seen anyone do the dair->utilt combo yet.

Also, X WaNtEd X you should most likely learn to ledge-drop uair into regrab. That's very important, and even I don't practice it enough to be useful. It's a very powerful tool against a lot of characters.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
No one is fully versed in all the Ganon tech. I haven't seen anyone do the dair->utilt combo yet.

Also, X WaNtEd X you should most likely learn to ledge-drop uair into regrab. That's very important, and even I don't practice it enough to be useful. It's a very powerful tool against a lot of characters.
I can legehop uair already (as in land on the stage with an l canceled uair). I got that down before I got the legehop wavedash down. I feel like you'd only get the grab if they shielded the uair or they were at a low percent though.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
There is this thing called DI makes that combo not work, there's only a certain percentage it works and it's unreliable.

So.. uh yea... It's pointless for a lot of reasons. The only good use of Up tilt I ever saw was Linguini up tilting sheik's as they recovered.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Try doing a reverse wave land of the ledge, edge cancel double uair. **** is godlike vs spacies/c-falcon/Ganon/Sheik. Haven't tested it on any of the other characters. (I don't have a cube, so someone here can try on the rest of the cast for me: Renth?) Oh where were you? You know I got you on the Falco MU

I'm also down to do that Ganon tech vid. Bizzaroflame stealing all my tricks. :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom