• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Superspright

Smash Lord
So he didn't even play his main, but that's how you gauge how you feel fighting that character. That doesn't even make sense.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
So he didn't even play his main, but that's how you gauge how you feel fighting that character. That doesn't even make sense.
I never said I like the Sheik matchup because of playing KK, I was just responding to Eikelmann saying that Coastward hated the MU because he'd played KK before by saying that playing KK doesn't automatically mean you hate the Sheik MU.

Of course, if Eikelmann had specifically mentioned KK's Sheik I wouldn't have said anything ;)

Protip: Never take anything I say seriously

Coastward

Smash Lord
it's not just KK's sheik that makes me dislike the MU, i generally just don't like fighting sheiks. i find it super boring.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
don't you main mewtwo or something?
I do, but that doesn't mean I don't play other characters and didn't play other characters in the past.

Also I don't play Melee anymore, but if I did I would probably stick with Ganon because Melee Mewtwo makes me sad now that I have PM Mewtwo.

Speaking of Mewtwo today is Mewtwo's birthday, and also 1 year to the day that my name got changed from BlackGold to Shiny Mewtwo :D

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
i practiced crouching on a platform before i actually started shield dropping since thats how it works. once you get down crouching instead of falling through, you basically just hold down a shoulder button, its the exact same conecpt. i got consistent with it after a couple of days, just gotta keep practicing.
huh i can already crouch on a platform without falling through without thinking. didn't realize that was the timing for it. do i try to crouch while holding a shoulder button or wha

the only people that like playing against sheik haven't played against sheiks that play the matchup correctly.

coastward you probably hate it because you've played against kirbykaze before and understand how truly terrible the matchup is.
this to the ****ing max. i was gonna say "you guys probably only like the matchup because you haven't played a good sheik" but since you're all on smashboards i'm guessing most of you have in fact played a decent sheik. so it kinda boggles my mind how you guys can actually like this mu.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
huh i can already crouch on a platform without falling through without thinking. didn't realize that was the timing for it. do i try to crouch while holding a shoulder button or wha

yeah just try to crouch holding a shoulder button, dont worry youll get it with time.

also, eikelmann. COME TO MY TOURNEY PLS T____T

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Chaingrabbing is boring? Wow I must have a really unpopular opinion then. I actually like chaingrabbing as Ganon. Slamming your opponent down into the ground like the repeatedly is fun for me.

I have no real complaints about the MU. There are several good Sheik players in my state and I believe I will be able to beat them with Ganon at some point.

Superspright

Smash Lord

this to the ****ing max. i was gonna say "you guys probably only like the matchup because you haven't played a good sheik" but since you're all on smashboards i'm guessing most of you have in fact played a decent sheik. so it kinda boggles my mind how you guys can actually like this mu.

Crouch as quickly as possible [in a frame] and try to not fall through. You'll see it's not so easy if you've never tried it.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Hey Skytch I was watching your matches. You did do pretty well, but you picked a lot of options that lead into stronger follow-ups but opted for weaker ones like uair, and a few edge-guards you didn't commit to.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Hey Skytch I was watching your matches. You did do pretty well, but you picked a lot of options that lead into stronger follow-ups but opted for weaker ones like uair, and a few edge-guards you didn't commit to.
I'll definitely agree that I messed up a lot of edgeguards. I hesitated on what I wanted to do when I could have done anything. I'm definitely going to be working more on a solid edgeguard game (especially against spacies). Yes, some of my follow-ups were rather weak, once again due to hesitation or not thinking about all of my options. I want to work to make sure that I have as many options in my head as I can so that I can utilize them all and have my Ganon be impressive. I know I can do it, I just gotta keep practicing and keep playing.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
I'll definitely agree that I messed up a lot of edgeguards. I hesitated on what I wanted to do when I could have done anything. I'm definitely going to be working more on a solid edgeguard game (especially against spacies). Yes, some of my follow-ups were rather weak, once again due to hesitation or not thinking about all of my options. I want to work to make sure that I have as many options in my head as I can so that I can utilize them all and have my Ganon be impressive. I know I can do it, I just gotta keep practicing and keep playing.
Some things you need to actually auto-pilot for. Edge-guards should be automatic and thoughtless against space animals. There isn't much they can do aside from Up-Bing out of range. Most times they can be stuffed, and frequently you can cover 2-3 options at once with a well timed and spaced fair off stage. Never be afraid to just run off and fair if you can react to it.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Some things you need to actually auto-pilot for. Edge-guards should be automatic and thoughtless against space animals. There isn't much they can do aside from Up-Bing out of range. Most times they can be stuffed, and frequently you can cover 2-3 options at once with a well timed and spaced fair off stage. Never be afraid to just run off and fair if you can react to it.
I'll try that as well.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Also, here's some footage of my Ganon recently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7unq1VwjII Check out 28:25 and 34:05 for the two Ganon matches I thought I played well/decent.
36:10 was dirty

I have no real complaints about the MU. There are several good Sheik players in my state and I believe I will be able to beat them with Ganon at some point.
Unfortunately I live in the north east, home of the sheiks so that's why I'm so sour about the MU.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Also I'd like to say that now that I'm going to tournaments and **** I'm p disappointed I haven't found any ganon mains.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
when i found another ganon in toronto, i was so happy. he wasnt that good but he wanted me to coach him. i felt so good. :)
i feel like there's a lot of ganons in canada. i already wanna go there for reasons unrelated to smash, this makes me wanna go even more.

Coastward

Smash Lord
right now there's:
kage
loki
me
gfist
someone from london whos tag i dont know
raynex
people from montreal whos tags i dont know.
and people from toronto that started playing ganon cuz i got them hype.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
right now there's:
kage
loki
me
gfist
someone from london whos tag i dont know
raynex
people from montreal whos tags i dont know.
and people from toronto that started playing ganon cuz i got them hype.
*feels left out*

I mean, sure the chances of seeing me at a Melee tournament nowadays is about the same chances as seeing an ACTUAL Shiny Mewtwo in the Pokemon games, but I'm still a Ganon and I'm still in Canada.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
DUDE YOU NEVER SHOW UP PLEASE COME TO ROB
Brampton's too far, I'm on the other side of Toronto lol

I'll show up to a A&C Melee tournament when they also have PM, the money it takes to get down there isn't worth it for only 1 game that I don't really play anymore lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom