• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Superspright

Smash Lord
Our grab is pathetic to be honest. It's neither long nor 'wide' as you put it. It's shorter than our jab. Why are you boost-grabbing as Ganon? I don't think the difference is much if I'm not mistaken. In fact there may be no difference.

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
it's just working better for me that way, but as i said i just messed with it, by wide i meant that thing that grabs from behind, i think cause of that's it's harder to miss your grab cause of the direction that you're facing

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
not talking about running, when someone's right behind me i can still grab him as ganon, maybe it's different in ntsc, but i don't think so,

Coastward

Smash Lord
no sometimes ganon can grab someone while theyre behind them, it depends on whether or not the character models are clipping each other. it's happened to me a few times and people are always shocked. its really hard to get though.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to kage for taking down sfat! Awesome reads, move choices, movement, and edge guards... Tech chasing was lacking lol he teched away literally 100% of the time, but good **** haha especially with that gimp to finish game one.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
So I'm making progress on learning to ledgehop waveland. I've found that landing an l-canceled uair on stage from a ledgehop requires the same timing. So I just practice that for a bit, and then try to do the ledgehop and magically the timing works. I'm nowhere near consistent with it, but almost down. Then I can move on to shield dropping.

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
[DOUBLE POST]

Boost-grabbing doesn't work for Ganondorf.
Either you're wrong either I got that wrong or it ain't the same in pal, but we played today too and boost grabbing does work, it grabs real far imo, and i cannot follow a roll without it

Renth

Smash Hero
CEO | Winterfest - Renth's point of view.

We arrived at the venue and saw it had plenty of room, this is an important detail when it comes to having a hundred or so people going to be in one place for a long time in terms of comfort. There have been quite a few events I've gone to that the experience was ruined due to being cramped up with people who - no nice way to put this had the odor of a thousand dead horses.

I saw an open TV and immediately started playing friendlies with Uber ice, he's from my region. People were wondering why we played each other instead of the 90+ others we don't normally have the opportunity to. When it came to practicing for a tournament I'd rather practice with someone I know well to get my hands warm. It's a tournament. The more experience you give the random players before the event can give them an advantage on you in the future. Some people disagree with this but it's how I feel about it, everyone has habits and I'd rather go in a match with both players feeling each other out. The counter argument of course is I can learn their habits, I play Ganondorf.. I have a lot of gimmicks and I abuse a lot of tricks the less people are use to them the better it is for me.

Pools | Game 1 can be found here -

http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming/b/499927832 3:31:24 on the time counter.

I started the match off slow trying to feel him out as time went on I became more comfortable, this I feel was the only match I was "nervous" in. It was the first match of the day, I hadn't played against many space animals in the past month or two. I am happy with how I played over all but there were quite a few "scared" errors. When fox is recovering I am sometimes afraid to edge guard certain ways because If I miss I can be punished ect. I'll stop johning now, I played well but I'm not happy with a lot of what I did.

I went through two other people in my bracket pool and then met up with Harriet The Guy (Joshua Hsu) He 2-0'd me but I didn't have a bad showing, I had a few good combo reads but at the end of the day there is a reason why he is one of the best players in the state. GG. So, from there I was in the losers bracket of my bracket pool I was advanced far enough that It got backed up and I had to wait for three matches to catch up to me in losers quarters. So, they finally caught back up to me I had to wait for the winner of Raistlin and Hozart. Hozart won over Raistlin and I sat down to play my losers quarters match. Game 1 I had a hard time getting in on him but I took the match, game 2 I stepped it up and three stocked him giving him very little room to move I had him cornered, pressured and that match qualified me for the top 16 bracket.

I played Clay Eau Le Doet (Porkchops) for Seeding points, he I have no nice way of saying this either, he beat me worse than anyone else at the tournament. His Ganondorf match up knowledge is spot on, he's a very technical fast falco and I feel he will be a top player in Florida in the near future. From there we had a small break and the top 16 bracket had begun. My first match was against Plup who if you don't know is one of the best players in florida and the #1 samus in the world. He used fox against me in the set we played and it was very close. He won game 1, I won game 2, Game 3 was last stock and he pulled it out. I would have loved to say I beat Plup in tournament but that day was not my day.

From there, I had to play Pi (Jason Thomann) in losers. It was without a doubt the most intense set I played the entire tournament. I won game 1 on Yoshi's (I think) He won game 2 on dreamland, the timer was down under 2 minutes. Game three I barely cluched out last stock on Fountain of Dreams. He beat me the last time we played so I was extra happy that I was able to beat him this time. Playing his samus I felt pressured a lot he forced me to approach him often.. I feel like my biggest problem right now with that match up is missiles, I ate way too many of them I need to be more conscious of them and react to them more appropriately.

My last match of the tournament was against lamb chops, a well known veteran and one of the best falcos I've ever had the privilege of playing against. Game 1 on yoshi's story I got wrecked. Game 2 on battlefield, I cluched it out I think I won with two stocks Game 3 I agreed to go back to Yoshi's and it was much closer than game 1, he won by two stocks I believe.

To this day I still feel falco is my worst match up and I really need some falco-friends to help me improve my over all game against him. I have a horrible time dealing with the pressure, I'm a very active mobile Ganondorf player Falco's laser game forces me to be grounded and it takes me out of my comfort zone. Jason Grice is a Ganondorf player who is very knowledgeable in this match up has been helping me out with the basics and I feel in time I will be able to hold my own against them.

Over all, I believe I placed 9th out of 98 people and I am happy with what I achieved this weekend. I will continue to improve and push myself to be the player I always wanted to be. I feel I played some of the best I've ever played and it's a wonderful feeling when you can see yourself improving.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
fox and falco as secondaries? guess he's mostly talking about the characters i **** on him with :cool:

i don't even care about about how badly i played that second game as much as i care about how annoying that commentary was. that talk was like 90% chops 9% other **** 1% me. pretty wack.

thanks for sharing btw. wasn't trying to dig through all of that. you can watch me **** on hbox in friendlies for a bit at the 1:20:00 mark or something

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Been a while since I've been on these threads. How's everyone been?

Sup Ian, I remember you complaining about Falco's, but you still made it out apparently lol.

Recently I've been inspired by RockCrock to main Ganon but to also have two secondaries. I also really wanna practice shield dropping more and doing more Ganon things. This past tournament I played Falcon the whole time and at the end I just wanted to play Ganon. I played him in some friendlies and it felt really good.

Coastward

Smash Lord
i practiced crouching on a platform before i actually started shield dropping since thats how it works. once you get down crouching instead of falling through, you basically just hold down a shoulder button, its the exact same conecpt. i got consistent with it after a couple of days, just gotta keep practicing.

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
Dumb question, removed to hide myself of the embarrassment.

Dero! If I'm ever in Paris and fancy a game or two, would you be able and willing? I'm in the UK until like June or something
Sure thing, are you considering b.e.a.s.t 4 ?
Whereabout in the UK ? I studied in london and go back from time to time

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I'm in Liverpool at the moment. I don't know of a good smash scene here, but no worries- there's plenty of cool **** to do here haha, the night life is awesome! I am actually considering beast 4, but I'm not yet sure if I'll have the funds and I also don't have a controller with me, so there's that (but I know a guy going who I'm sure will lend me one).

Edit: Actually, can't go to beast. Gonna be in Amsterdam that weekend :cool:

Last edited:

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
NOWAY change it, puh-lease! baxon and I are going to amsterdam on monday and tuesday before the beast then going to the tournament via oslo, norway,

plus, what 'bout smash ain't dead

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
i mostly face a sheik wherever and whenever i play smash.

all of my friends play sheik, i always face a sheik in my pools or bracket at tournies, IT NEVER ENDS.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
the only people that like playing against sheik haven't played against sheiks that play the matchup correctly.

coastward you probably hate it because you've played against kirbykaze before and understand how truly terrible the matchup is.
I've played against KK before and I don't hate Sheik

Of course, the times I played him he used Peach and Fox and I primarily used Mewtwo, but the point still stands.

Top Bottom