• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
"Sheik is a *****, so treat her like one" - Thomas Tipman

That quote will always stick with me. lol, Anyways, it's particularly hard to grab Sheik because she can crotch under your grab and also dash attack under it, so once you DO manage to grab her, immediately D-throw into any aerial because she's very floaty, contrary to how fast and complex she is. Edge guard with retreating F-airs, up-tippy spikes, or if you want to be fancy, you can always up-tilt like Linguini.
Why wouldn't you chain grab her again?

Sheik isn't complex at all.

edit: I like that Sheik can crotch under Ganon's grabs.

Also, edgeguarding her is simple. You take the edge, you make her get up, and then you do stuff. Or you ledgedash and then do stuff. Or you ledgedash at low percent and then wait for her to stand up a bit (timing is key) and then chain grab her into **** death baby killing power.

Rook

Smash Apprentice
Yo Linguini.
I have two things for you.

1. My friend and I were talking about the best Ganon players, past and present, I brought you up, and he was like Thomas Tipman would **** him. So I bring this to you. Would he, or would it be a close match?

2. I was playing my same friend earlier with Ganon, and he was using Mewtwo. Now we were playing at FoD, and he was at around 30 percent. I jabbed him off of the ledge, dropped off, and preceded to fair him; somewhat of a pseudo drop zone. If you have done this (whcih I am sure you have), could you tell me if it is usefull in high level play?

Thanks in advance.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Yo Linguini.

1. My friend and I were talking about the best Ganon players, past and present, I brought you up, and he was like Thomas Tipman would **** him. So I bring this to you. Would he, or would it be a close match?

2. I was playing my same friend earlier with Ganon, and he was using Mewtwo. Now we were playing at FoD, and he was at around 30 percent. I jabbed him off of the ledge, dropped off, and preceded to fair him; somewhat of a pseudo drop zone. If you have done this (whcih I am sure you have), could you tell me if it is usefull in high level play?

Thanks in advance.
Comparing Ganon players is just asking for trouble, don't do it.

Linguini

Smash Master
Why wouldn't you chain grab her again?

Sheik isn't complex at all.

edit: I like that Sheik can crotch under Ganon's grabs.

Also, edgeguarding her is simple. You take the edge, you make her get up, and then you do stuff. Or you ledgedash and then do stuff. Or you ledgedash at low percent and then wait for her to stand up a bit (timing is key) and then chain grab her into **** death baby killing power.
I would recommend just chaingrabbing her as KK said.Out of your dthrow f smash if she di's infront,bair if back,up smash if up. If your on a platformed level to guarantee a hit just u throw to bair/ or fair.

Yo Linguini.

Thanks in advance.
Tipman hasnt played seriously for at least 2 years so it's really not for me to say. He was an insanely smart player for his time. I played him around a year ago and I was beating him mos tof the matches,but he was covered in rust, plus everyone got smarter while he stayed the same.
I can safely say that if he still played,he would be,with no doubt in my mind, the best ganon.

Dropzone is def used in high levels of play, personally,I like to dropzone fair and dair because it catches people completely off guard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDWblqO4snI
Last kill of the 1st match.

Rook

Smash Apprentice
Clueless, I dont intend to start any flamewars. :)

Sweet. That whole match was pretty epic, too bad fox suicided once.
I guess it is just like any other combo, dont use it too much, or my opponents will catch on.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Linguini I'm not asking for anything big but do you have any words on fighting jiggs? stages you counterpick vs hbox? Thanks.

Linguini

Smash Master
I need fox advice. I have no clue what to do against them
Wrote this a while back,but I still use alot of this stuff.

Fox-Basically we know this guy is fast, he has more options than ganon does in the matchup and can easily make your life hell if you dont know how to get around his camping.
Dont let this intimidate you, you can still kill him in 3 hits and remember. FOX HAS TO COME TO YOU. I took these words straight from Tipmans mouth, sure he can try to camp all day but as I said he is forced to approach like the little ***** he is. I know the difference between a good, and a high level fox such as pc, chillin, m2k, and speedn who I have all played and learned much about the matchup from, so this apply's to all fox's.

When the fox is laser camping and just waiting for you to make a move dont get frustrated,have patience, attempt to lure him in with a false notion that he is going to hit you for example f-tilt followed by aerials or jabs, double aerials(bair to bair, dair to fair, etc.). Also a trick that most fox's fall for is, do an aerial as they are camping ,and from the aerial, jump, fastfall and a waveland into an f-tilt or another aerial. This approach works really well and expands your options immensley since you can do anything from the waveland. The fox will prob. get confused why you got there so fast(since ganon is sooo slow) and will panic.

Dashdance and wavedash around in this matchup to increase pressure on the fox and to not make yourslef a sitting target.Try to make the fox think he's going to grab you and trick him into approaching. When you get grabbed the uairs can own you if your not prepared to DI, smash di that **** right away and get into the habit, because the second uair is usually much easier to get so you dont want to risk the first one. Other than that, when I get uthrowed I mash the c-stick up as fast as I can and you usually hit fox with the front or back of the uair. If fox uairs you once and your in the sky and falling down it can be a pain to get back to the safe ground, get there as quick as you can and save your jump for when the fox jumps up and uairs so you can jump fast and stomp him back down. This is pretty satisfying.

Fox's shine can be grabbed just like falco's but is a bit harder, if you think you know the timing for it, grab when hes pressuring your sheied. If you dont I suggest to either shffl a spaced stomp out of your shield or roll away(just dont be too predictable with your rolling).
As you kow never waste your grabs a techase either by shffling or full jump over them as they tech and choose your aerial. At high percents I prefer to up throw to wizards foot or bair/fair. I used to f- tilt but its not very reliable unless the fox is above 120%.

As for recovering dont let youself get newb spiked by up-bing immediatley if shined off the stage. Don’t sweet spot the ledge too much because it makes the shine way too easy.The bair.....PC Chris spammed this incredibly well and its one of the best edgeguards against ganon so I recommend,as escaping the shine too, to di in awkward ways as your are recovering in your up-b. When it’s looking tough to get back and your coming from under it's good to reverse up-b to grab the ledge so the bair won’t hit you. This is unexpected if not spammed. Most important of all, don’t get close to the stage or get predictable with your down-b's, because this is a free shine/ edgeguard.

after d-throwing a marth do you wait and see if they counter first before you hit them?
Nah, they dont have time to counter out of your dthrow if you immediately aerial them after.

Linguini I'm not asking for anything big but do you have any words on fighting jiggs? stages you counterpick vs hbox? Thanks.
Jiggs is madd gay yo lol. I used to suck against her but now im decent.
Try not to face her from the front as ,much as possible. If it's a bair happy jiggs, get her back and mix up your bairs and just keep that wall up. Play it safe.
Lot's of jiggs like to pound as an attack, make sure you shield this and grab. Grabs will play a big role in this matchup seeing as you can kill her really early out of them.
Be careful once you get baired and di right away or else your gonna get *****.

For cp stages I always win on my cp stage vs hungrybox,final d. I dont like platform levels vs jiggs, and platforms are pretty useless vs her anyways.

Anywayz I have a ****load of new vids so here ya go:

Linguini(Ganon) vs Ive Jihad It(Falcon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvr8_KusoQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVC8fnZbYVk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5lchbzLxvs&feature=related** for glory.

Linguini(Ganon) vs Dr Peepee(Falco)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReqJrHNT3XI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LFF7LHurxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLLOTLHvRMc

Linguini(Ganon) vs Rezo(Fox)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvn6qog3u5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Wq7vmfaCU&feature=channel_page

Linguini(Ganon) vs Seibrik(Jiggs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jOVGnzk9rk&feature=PlayList&p=BF01F3DC62A3EBC1&index=35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjLc70KZrUw&feature=PlayList&p=BF01F3DC62A3EBC1&index=34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPYGc-ylSE0&feature=PlayList&p=BF01F3DC62A3EBC1&index=33

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
I'm a smasher stuck way out where there is no one good to play with, so I've taken to teaching some of my freinds... the problem is that while My Ganon is the single most destructive force of Darkness around here... he isn't getting any better.

Are there any like combo routines or ways to practice against comps and medium level players, sort of a set thing that can be practiced over and over. I've taken to DD ariels, tilts, smashes and jabs along with jabing after ever arial and then switching it up to DD to grab after every arial. Almost doing them like physical training but I'm not getting anywhere fast.

Any practice tips?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
need help with marth badly. i cant get around his reach its to krazy. any tips from anyone would be a great help

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
I'm a smasher stuck way out where there is no one good to play with, so I've taken to teaching some of my freinds... the problem is that while My Ganon is the single most destructive force of Darkness around here... he isn't getting any better.

Are there any like combo routines or ways to practice against comps and medium level players, sort of a set thing that can be practiced over and over. I've taken to DD ariels, tilts, smashes and jabs along with jabing after ever arial and then switching it up to DD to grab after every arial. Almost doing them like physical training but I'm not getting anywhere fast.

Any practice tips?
if i ever play at my own house, i play against a lvl8 falco just for combo practice. teaching your friends was a good idea. try to help them get better and in turn, i should help you more.
just practice the basics and advance ganon techs in tipmans vid and then experiment from then on. We all hit the wall of doubt but its your choice whether you want to drive around it,or run through it with all your might.

TobiasTruth

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!!! Any advice against other Ganons? I dont really have much probs against the higher tiers chars since i played against them a grip. But i kinda have probs against other ganons. Irony eh?

Dusldorf

Smash Rookie
the wavedashing back to space his nairs is beautiful. definitely incorporating that into my ganon. ty ty. ive always spaced by sh'ing away with a bair, upward ftilt, or sh uair, but the being able to grab seems nice :)

Renth

Smash Hero
Dropzone is def used in high levels of play, personally,I like to dropzone fair and dair because it catches people completely off guard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDWblqO4snI
Last kill of the 1st match.

Another Good/Great Example of Ganon Drop Zone: @ 37 and 2:19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVHIltgrUZ8

Anywayz I have a ****load of new vids so here ya go:

Linguini(Ganon) vs Ive Jihad It(Falcon)

Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVC8fnZbYVk&feature=related

Linguini, for as long as I've known you this stage has always been so gay to you s'all good though bro.

Only advice I can give to new players who get disheartened whenever you're getting stomped and are making mistakes, never give up come backs happen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy1jtI8JRS4.

- Much Love Linguini.

Sh0ckwave

Smash Journeyman
Linguini, what options does Ganon have against campy Peaches? I play this campy Peach all the time and he's constantly throwing turnips, and they get in the way when I'm trying to approach then he'll catch me with something gay then I'm off the edge.

And on that point, what options does a recovering Ganon have against that whore?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Linguini, what options does Ganon have against campy Peaches? I play this campy Peach all the time and he's constantly throwing turnips, and they get in the way when I'm trying to approach then he'll catch me with something gay then I'm off the edge.

And on that point, what options does a recovering Ganon have against that whore?
ROFL!!! Shut up James! >=( haha Since when do you play Ganon?

Linguini

Smash Master
the wavedashing back to space his nairs is beautiful. definitely incorporating that into my ganon. ty ty. ive always spaced by sh'ing away with a bair, upward ftilt, or sh uair, but the being able to grab seems nice :)
yeah it works really well especially against fox and falcon's nairs.
Hey guys!!! Any advice against other Ganons? I dont really have much probs against the higher tiers chars since i played against them a grip. But i kinda have probs against other ganons. Irony eh?
Ganon ditts are pretty ridic.
Uair beats fair
bair beat uair
bair beats fair in close
fair beats bair when spaced out
tilts beat fair up close

Make sure you aggressively edgeguard other ganons, its too easy to follow up off the stage on ganon. Jump out any time you see him down b,because he's completely vulnerable .
Most importantly,play simple, trust me, when hit once in dittos,you will die.
How do I do that wavedash thing Liguini does? That move is crazy!
you little *****,haha
ive heard some rumors of you headng back down, its been too long bro

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
you little *****,haha
ive heard some rumors of you headng back down, its been too long bro
That's a most definite but it won't be for long and I have no idea on when I'm visiting the souf.

Send me some vids so I can see how you been doing versus people. And no videos of you losing. I'll witness that the next time I play you, lawl, just playing.

TobiasTruth

Smash Rookie
thanx linguini. that was really helpful. especial the last 2 lines. When ever i try 2 space with wavelands or do crap like double short b airs against other ganons i get jacked. Playin simpler helped me out a lot.

Top Bottom