• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
sh-bair to DJ stomp to upsmash/beatdown.
i dont wanna say its a baiting game but thats just how i think of it.
im no smash pasta, take my advice with caution.

Renth

Smash Hero
np im always on here so i can try to help when i can
- Why aren't you a mod for the ganon forums? you troll here more than ANYONE.

Yeah, but here's the problem. I can't seem to get the b-air to get past his f-air. And they always sidestep my darn grabs. >.< Too frustrating. lol
- dash dancing is a good way to sneak in grabs or back airs in on unsuspecting marth players.

- They side step your grabs XD..? I didn't think anyone could predict them that perfectly to always sidestep them, that probably means you have some predictable patterns, mixing it up is always imporant patterns are bad to have.

- You know how a lot of ganon players Short hop -> wave land -> f tilt? well if your oppoent gets use to you doing that, predicts it and starts putting up shields go take some easy grabs instead of tilting.

- Marth will destroy you off stage. Ganon is very simple to edge guard, *Practice Teching His f smash and d tilt* It's hard but not impossible. Keep stage control at all times stay in the center as much as possible so you don't get gimped at low percents.

--- I use to get ***** on YS by marths all the time until i learned to stay below marth and abuse him being above me.

My advice probably is out dated because i haven't played in so long.. but i hope some of this is useful to you.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
its true =\ i do troll here more than anyone.
lol you advice isnt out dated because there been no changes in the ganon game.
pick ganon, proceed beatdown. i dont think that will ever change

Renth

Smash Hero
its true =\ i do troll here more than anyone.
lol you advice isnt out dated because there been no changes in the ganon game.
pick ganon, proceed beatdown. i dont think that will ever change
It's not that "Ganons Game" has changed. I'm more than sure Linguini has picked up more tricks and knows the Ganon match ups a lot better than I do now. He's more qualified to give advice than I am.

Linguini

Smash Master
I was thinking of it being used more as a combo finisher then a edge guard. If you can do something where the other guy has just been hit and is DIing back towards the stage, and you are about a foot or so away from the ledge, a SH wizards foot to the ledge feels quicker and more of a sure thing then anything that would require you to DI the same distance towards the ledge that the other guy has to DI towards the ledge.

Also, it doesnt even have to be a combo. Sometimes you just get lucky early on, and you are in a position where your opponent is standing on the ledge and you are standing in front of him. You have enough time to jab or tilt, but not anything else. The jab/tilt takes them just far enough off the ledge that they are above oblivion, but not so far that they cant just DI right back. In those situations, a wizards spike finshes them off... at least the caliber of players I have played.

But even when edge guarding, you can use the wizards foot on the ledge against people with hitting upBs. You will just trade hits.
At least in my experience.

Still curious where that one guy in your sig came from though, and if your ever going to start recording vids. again.

Anyways, thanks for bringing interest back into the ganon community. I live in a verry small town that is now devoid of good smashers, so talking about the metagame and watching the metagame is as close as I can get to the glory days. :urg:
Hmm,ill try this out next time I play man.The guy in my sig is.......I have no idea honestly, a friend of mine made this **** back in 06, and it's funny as **** haha. I actually have some new vids up,ill post them in your video thread.
Tommorow im going OOS to Georgia for a big melee tournament,darkrain,kage,xelic,hungrybox,colbol,lambchops will be there so ill be sure to record my teams/singles bracket matches with my recorder.
Yeah,****ing brawl killed off alot of people but ganon needs to stay strong, brawl doesnt even have ganon, just some gay imitation.Thanks for the support tho man.

Hey Linguini, I recently have been tring to find uses for Ganon's Utilt and I've found it works good on Sheik, CF and very rarely Marth, so I'm wondering If you have found any uses for it.
I use it at least once a set vs sheik, ganon,and cf because their recoveries are easy to predict once they've used their jump. VS marth I never use i, hsi recovery is tricky and u-tilt is unreliable.
By all means it's useful and not to mention sick to hit against those three.lol

Pasta! How do you fight spacy Marths? I DI straight into the combo, but I'm afraid to DI away, because they'll just run and grab or F-smash. Is there anyway to fight Marths in general? =( Help a bruttha out.
Don't DI into marth, trust me,the result of that is much worse.
Bairs are real good vs marth, especially because it shuts down almost every approach he has from the edge. Full hop fairs are great for dodging marths f smash and utilts, make sure you dont spend TOO much time in the air,because if he hits you without any jumps left........thats your stock. Most ganons aren't great at edguarding marth, but it's pretty simple. Use the uair(sweespot uair) and then when marth up-b's again stomp him.
Ill add more later when I have time.

linguini, your video got taken off youtube...
do you have a download version somewhere?
My DL version got deleted for some reason(ill redo it another day), im pretty sure somone re uploaded it on MLG video though.

mild or spicy

Smash Cadet
rofl i was playing dorf and i think he is terrible. he only has like dthrow to uair. hes fair is like super predictable. the only good thing is that it has the hitbox of a fkin pumpking in his hand. his purple drank can be halted with fireballz.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yah i know...if you didnt notice i was just following KK in every thread he posted that in and was runnign out of things to sa

isthattim?

Smash Ace
actual question:
should i crouch cancel into down-B at low percentages? i've used it against trash but i'm afraid to use it against a good sheik or samus. Is it a viable crouch cancel tactic or should i jab (possibly more combo potential)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
If you were to crouch cancel, I would imagine grab would be your best combo starter option afterwards.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Grabs are amazing with Ganon. I would honestly say that he probably has one of the best throw games in the game.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
team with pikachu or fox as much as possible.
play off your partners grabs and make sure you have good spacing

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Can someone tell me ganons best options out of a grab?
i use dthrow->upsmash
and dthrow->jab
but i don't know of any other good options from his grabs
(i had a quick look at the guides and all they talk about is CGing)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Dthrow can go into dsmash, Gerudo Dragon, Wizard's Foot, fsmash, usmash, ftilt, grab... all kinds of things.

Linguini

Smash Master
actual question:
should i crouch cancel into down-B at low percentages? i've used it against trash but i'm afraid to use it against a good sheik or samus. Is it a viable crouch cancel tactic or should i jab (possibly more combo potential)
At low percents I like to crouch cancel jab. Thsi can sometimes lead to a quick grab afterwards. CC grab is also really useful with ganon.
Any general tips for Ganon in teams?
Ganon in teams can be tough due to ganons big size/amazing ability to get tossed around.
Try to keep your distance and protect your space as much as you can. I recently lost faith in ganon during teams but ive come up with some good strats and im using him again.:bee:
One great technique is to pick a platform level and just camp on top of the platform with stomp mixups(full jum dair,sh dair,dj double stomp), this works real well, especially in teams.
Can someone tell me ganons best options out of a grab?
i use dthrow->upsmash
and dthrow->jab
but i don't know of any other good options from his grabs
(i had a quick look at the guides and all they talk about is CGing)
Depends vs what character, be more specific.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
****ing sheik
"Sheik is a *****, so treat her like one" - Thomas Tipman

That quote will always stick with me. lol, Anyways, it's particularly hard to grab Sheik because she can crotch under your grab and also dash attack under it, so once you DO manage to grab her, immediately D-throw into any aerial because she's very floaty, contrary to how fast and complex she is. Edge guard with retreating F-airs, up-tippy spikes, or if you want to be fancy, you can always up-tilt like Linguini.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i decided falco wasnt my style :(

so i picked up sheik and have had a little training :D

looking forward to play you again

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Stop funking up the Ganon thread with your Sheikness! >=O lol j/k Yeah, we need to play over the spring break for sure (too bad I don't get one =P) or over a free weekend.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
:/ and i wont be here for my spring break

but a free weekend sounds good.

Top Bottom